Religious Tolerance: Church kicks whole family out for supporting their gay daughter

This whole thread is predicated on a lie the family was not kicked out of the church

Of course they were. "Renounce your child in public or leave" is the same thing as kicking them out.

That isn't what the story said or indicated, why do you feel a need to distort the truth?

Oh? What does "Publicly repent for their sins in front of the church's congregation and ask for God's forgiveness -- or leave the church" mean to you? What was their "sin" other than supporting their daughter?

Of course they were. "Renounce your child in public or leave" is the same thing as kicking them out.

That isn't what the story said or indicated, why do you feel a need to distort the truth?

Oh? What does "Publicly repent for their sins in front of the church's congregation and ask for God's forgiveness -- or leave the church" mean to you? What was their "sin" other than supporting their daughter?

homosexuality is a sin . and I will bet you that's b******* they ask them to do that. never once did say they were going to kick them out of the church either. should take your lying b******* and go bug somebody else

Public Accommodation laws have been upheld by the SCOTUS. No right has been violated.

You can pretend it didn't violate anyone's right, but Man Law clearly says that we do not have to go to any wedding but our own.

I don't have to pretend.

Heat of Atlanta Motel v United States.

Is that the case where the court said that public accommodation laws are a reasonable infringement on the rights of property owners? Because I am pretty sure you tried to tell me it wasn't any type of infringement at all.

This whole thread is predicated on a lie the family was not kicked out of the church

They were not told they had to leave the church, they were told that, in order to remain in good standing with the church, they would have to follow the rules they themselves wrote into the bylaws. They then chose to leave because they thought they didn't do anything wrong.

They were perfectly free to keep going to the church even if they refused to repent.

Really? Show where legislation has been introduced that would take away a Christians fundamental right.

I not only showed you such a law, I provided a court case that found it was fine.

No, you didn’t.

That case concerned a church as a secular property owner, having nothing to do with religious practice.

Still can't read minds, what a surprise. I was referring to the photographer that lost in court when she was sued for not going to a same sex wedding. That is a fundamental violation of human rights, even if she isn't a Christian.

They were not told to leave the church, they did that on their own.

criteria for any christian church is the gospel. and Jesus is quoted in the Bible that we are to love thy enemy as you love yourself. No where does he say not to.

homosexuality is a sin . and I will bet you that's b******* they ask them to do that. never once did say they were going to kick them out of the church either. should take your lying b******* and go bug somebody else

They weren't gay, their daughter was so what is their sin? Do all sinners have to go before the congregation and ask forgiveness or leave? How much you want to bet there are more than a few divorcees attending the church. That's a "sin" or so I've heard. Repent in public for a "sin" they didn't actually commit or leave the church. Sure smells like being kicked out.

Last edited:
You can pretend it didn't violate anyone's right, but Man Law clearly says that we do not have to go to any wedding but our own.

I don't have to pretend.

Is that the case where the court said that public accommodation laws are a reasonable infringement on the rights of property owners? Because I am pretty sure you tried to tell me it wasn't any type of infringement at all.

Public Accommodation laws have been found Constitutional. Information is not advocacy.

They weren't gay, their daughter was so what is their sin? Do all sinners have to go before the congregation and ask forgiveness or leave? How much you want to bet there are more than a few divorcees attending the church. That's a "sin" or so I've heard. Repent in public for a "sin" they didn't actually commit or leave the church. Sure smells like being kicked out.

Stop making shit up

To paraphrase lyrics from that 60's song (For what it's worth): "There is something happening here ..." Why can't cant ANY group choose to exclude whomever they choose? And NO ONE is being forced to join...please. Groucho said something that seems apropos here: I wouldn't be a member of a club that would have me as a member. Puncture the ego and the drop the pretenses. Why do Gays want to join ANY group that doesn’t want them if not for plain old vain egotism? They want their cake and eat it too. Boo Hoo.

Last edited:
I don't have to pretend.

Public Accommodation laws have been found Constitutional. Information is not advocacy.

Jim Crow laws were found constitutional also, I am willing to argue against both as abuse of government power, you want to pretend only one of them is wrong.

Jim Crow laws were found constitutional also, I am willing to argue against both as abuse of government power, you want to pretend only one of them is wrong.

So gays wanting to marry is the same as Jim Crow Laws.
Who is being abused by gays being allowed to marry?

Forum List

Back