Renewables are the future

When we need to use coal and oil, knock yourself out, but where you don't, don't.

Pbs shows us solar panels powering small cities around the world. Someone will figure it out despite your pessimism.
It aint about pessimism, which city do you refer to?
Arizona? I don't remember but I've even heard there are entire countries that are running entirely on renewable energy
You heard wrong. There is not one city.
Don't you have google? 4 cities in America

4 U.S. Cities That Have Gone 100% Renewable

and 5 countries
5 Countries Leading the Way Toward 100% Renewable Energy

And every single one has coal fired power generation for the 18 hours their systems do not work..

You are so dam gullible! Use your head for something more than a hat rack..
We'd still be in the stone ages if the world were filled with people like you.

You mean when hydro power turned rocks to grind wheat into flour, back when wind power was used to turn stones to grind flour or back when the egytians made ethanol?

The World is filled with people like me, I, myself, an Electrical Power Research Institute analyst. I inspect the World's nuclear power plants, it is really ironic, stupid, to say I am the one who sets us back to the Stone Age when it us Sealybobo who list a city burning wood for electricity as the modern future of Green, Clean, Renewable energy!

Last edited:

You mean when hydro power turned rocks to grind wheat into flour, back when wind power was used to turn stones to grind flour or back when the egytians made ethanol?

The World is filled with people like me, I, myself, an Electrical Power Research Institute analyst. I inspect the World's nuclear power plants, it is really ironic, stupid, to say I am the one who sets us back to the Stone Age when it us Sealybobo who list a city burning wood for electricity as the modern future of Green, Clean, Renewable energy!
A shill for the nuclear power industry.

Arizona? I don't remember but I've even heard there are entire countries that are running entirely on renewable energy

and 5 countries

And every single one has coal fired power generation for the 18 hours their systems do not work..

they used wood fires, so we're still there.

let's go nuclear and get out of the cave man era? You good with that?

If you harness a little piece of nuclear power in a box that is safe and that little box will produce energy for 1000 years, why not?

If nuclear can get us to another solar system.

But I think we could be running on wind, hydro and solar power.

This bank I go to has this thing in the parking lot. Every time a car runs over it it spins a wheel or some kind and that produces enough energy to light the parking lot up with lights. Just the customers cars driving in and out power it.

So what electra is saying is when we run out of oil and coal we are doomed? There is no other way to produce and manufacture once those things are gone? How much do we have left? And what will we do after we've used it all up? It isn't an infinite resource.

If you harness a little piece of nuclear power in a box that is safe and that little box will produce energy for 1000 years, why not?

If nuclear can get us to another solar system.

But I think we could be running on wind, hydro and solar power.

This bank I go to has this thing in the parking lot. Every time a car runs over it it spins a wheel or some kind and that produces enough energy to light the parking lot up with lights. Just the customers cars driving in and out power it.

So what electra is saying is when we run out of oil and coal we are doomed? There is no other way to produce and manufacture once those things are gone? How much do we have left? And what will we do after we've used it all up? It isn't an infinite resource.
clever idea, I doubt it actually lights a light for very long though, since those batteries most likely can't hold a charge very long.

As for the wind, solar thingy, bullshit. less than 1% of the country, and there is no path forward, so highly unlikely the solution is wind and solar. Wind energy has petered out in the past, and it will again, too impractical. You stay on that idea, but you'll go nowhere like the wind and solar energy program. :cuckoo:

w0w......youd think progressives would be smart enough to avoid this topic. This thread is as thorough a nut sack kicking as we have seen in this forum in some time!!!
Only a progressive would show up and take bows after his balls are kicked in and utterly decimated.

Fossil fuels will be providing AT LEAST 80% of our energy for decades to come.......:badgrin:dEcAdEs s0Ns:badgrin:.

Even in 2050, out of about 11% renewables, most of that 11% will be hydropower!!! If anybody wants to seek links/sources on any of this, need only to browse through this thread.......... More Proof the skeptics are WINNING!! ........there are only about 450,000 links!!!:banana::banana:

36 trillion comes fro
I'm a problem solver. Pretty good one through the years, and I see lots of problems with this as it is currently being used/approached.

That's not to say there may not be a way, I think I see one. If you'll stop, take a breath and think. I know you're a decent engineer, how CAN it work? What would it take? Yes you have an energy cost to produce it, so will you need to generate power under lighter wind conditions? Use less energy to produce them, have better storage capability....lots of problems. But...maybe some solutions. Solve one problem, then another, then another....

I'm not blindly following the path the warmers and the greeners are following bleating like sheep, and hurling themselves from the cliffs like lemmings because someone told them to click the link and how to think. I'm looking at the problem and not just throwing money and propaganda at it.

I think there's a way to make it work. Look at the problem, look at the flaws, not based off materials you know. Look at one you might not and see if you think there's possibilities there, based off what it currently does, and what very well might be possible.

Is that a certainty? No of course not. It's just a possibility. Might not work, and I'll be wrong. I've been wrong before, just doesn't happen much.
Better storage, for what, wind can never supply a fraction of what we need, and at that you are proposng millions to be built? It dont matter what material you use, you still need coal and oil to produce what you have proposed.

So you have proposed increasing the use of coal, endlessly.

36 trillion dollars, or more is what is being proposed.

What a shame.

And the capacity factor?

It's sad. Your mind is so closed you won't even consider the problem. You're stuck in the argument they've framed and apparently can't escape the loop.

I'm not projecting 36 trillion dollars. You've fabricated this number from someone and attributed it to me.

I don't know what the capacity factor might be. Because I'm looking at using materials in ways they've never been done before, that currently can't do it. BUT...if they can increase the structural capability, it might be. A LOT of engineering would need to be done to look at proper size to get the return you'd get the best cost efficiency at. I can't even begin to solve that problem yet, but I can see the possibility that a material may be on the horizon that will at least give me something to look at.

But you cannot tell me that you won't get a better transfer ratio by using a material that reduces your blade weight by a substantial percentage, that will have it usable for longer periods. Generates less friction, less vibration, has better storage potential.

Can it be made actually energy profitable? I don't know. I know the path they're on now won't. Time to look at walking a different one.
So, other than a press release, an idea, and a dream you have nothing.

I think I cant get you to answer because the materials required to manufacture the millions of wind turbines you propose will increase our energy demand and use of hydrocarbons.

The simple fact is it will never be econmical to replace our current piwer plants with millions and millions and millions of your dream.

Even if what you think were to work, you still must construct and build 100's of millions of wind turbines.

Trillions of dollars will be loaned by banks, your udea is a mandate, ony feasable by the confiscation of my private property.

You have closed your mind to what has already failed, building millions more will never change the facts.

Where on earth did you get that idiocy from? You are STUCK in thinking this is trying to do it "the old way" that the morons today think if they just throw enough money at or say it often enough it'll work.

For the last goddamn time.....THINK.

You're not thinking. You're simply preaching the dogma of "it'll never work". Hell son, I'm AGREEING WITH YOU that how they're doing it now will never work. I have no doubt I'm older than you, and I'm NOT stuck with the argument they've framed.

Yes, I have an idea, and a dream. A whole lot of inventions started with nothing more. Many failed....but every one starts the same way. And the same old "it'll never work" crowd proclaims it'll never work. Remember what Edison said when asked about the incandescent light? I think this has possibilities that wind energy will probably be one of the LEAST useful applications it may unlock.

Yes, if it works, millions of them will be built. But ask yourself a question, if it works...why wouldn't they be built? If they can become actual energy producers instead of drains.

THAT is the problem I'm looking to find a way to solve. And it doesn't require any of your property, won't need trillions of dollars of government funding...and last but not fisking least. I'm NOT FISKING TRYING TO REPLACE CURRENT SOURCES!!! I'm looking to try and supplement them, with something that actually works. Not something that's just a fisking drain on current resources.
Edison proposed and built DC Power plants, Tesla created AC, Edison lost on what counted most.

You just stated polymide aerogel? The one being developed by NASA, that is my money.

100's of millions of wind turbines. Billions of tons, billions! To replace what? They will never supply industry with the energy needed to produce the billions of tons of materials you propose.

So you claim it will not be done with our money but link to polymide aerogels which are being developed by NASA.

You propose 100's of millions of wind turbine which are subsidized and mandated by government.

The World you imagine does not exsist, it is that simple.

Preaching dogma? Like you preaching that it will work? The idea only works by multiplication, 1 wind turbine times every house on earth simply to supply all the homes, that is a conservative count of 3 billion wind turbines?

Are you insane!

No, not insane. Mostly because I'm not advocating what you're projecting. Listen to what I say, not what you want it to say because you're so used to fighting with the warmers and greeners who don't listen to anyone.

Polymide was originated by NASA, it's now in commercial production. Dunno about you, but I like NASA, when they're not being co-opted by politicians to spend billions on useless global warming bullshit, they do some pretty awesome stuff. Got a Memory Foam pillow? I do, wish they'd invented that about 30 years earlier lemme tell ya.

I'm not proposing the government mandate use, or subsidize a dime of it what I'm looking at. Did you miss where I said energy efficient? As in produces more energy than took to make it and maintain it?

I agree with you that government would probably co-opt it if it works, in an effort to completely replace the existing grid. Which of course would be monumentally STUPID. But hey, our government does stupid shit every day.

I'm talking about a supplement, if it's able to produce more energy than it takes to make it, and maintain it. Not replace the current use as you seem to think. Let me say that again so you don't miss it. I'm NOT talking about replacing the grid, which seems to be the french tickler every greener or warmer dreams of. Because I, like you know it cannot, repeat CANNOT do it.

Baffles me some people still don't accept this.

What baffles me is if they were so great EVERYONE would have them. They're not. The solar and wind companies simply can't exist without massive government support with taxpayer dollars. No doubt you will whine about how the oil companies get subsidies and that is of course untrue. They get the normal business tax write offs that every other business gets.

However, if they were to suddenly lose those tax breaks, they would STILL be in business. Unlike renewables.....

What baffles me is if they were so great EVERYONE would have them. They're not. The solar and wind companies simply can't exist without massive government support with taxpayer dollars. No doubt you will whine about how the oil companies get subsidies and that is of course untrue. They get the normal business tax write offs that every other business gets.

However, if they were to suddenly lose those tax breaks, they would STILL be in business. Unlike renewables.....

That's exactly correct. Would you say you see merit in some subsidizing of production (nothing like what the idiots are doing), including some large scale setups to work through the problems inherent between theory, and practice?

Some I think has merit, but not to kid yourselves and say "WE NEED MOAR NOW TO SAVE THE PLANET" which is basically what we get daily from the warmers and greeners.

That's exactly correct. Would you say you see merit in some subsidizing of production (nothing like what the idiots are doing), including some large scale setups to work through the problems inherent between theory, and practice?

Some I think has merit, but not to kid yourselves and say "WE NEED MOAR NOW TO SAVE THE PLANET" which is basically what we get daily from the warmers and greeners.

I am all in favor of spending money on research. However, passing laws that mandate renewable technologies be used before they are even remotely effective or efficient is stupid beyond belief.

and 5 countries

People like you think fairies will make everything good and your well meaning bull shit, that will kill millions of people, will get a pass because your too stupid to use your dam brain.

and 5 countries

People like you think fairies will make everything good and your well meaning bull shit, that will kill millions of people, will get a pass because your too stupid to use your dam brain.
How will I kill millions? You're destroying the planet for humans. Cockroaches will live beyond us.

I can't believe you people think we can't survive without coal and oil. Trust me we'll be fine.

and 5 countries

How will I kill millions? You're destroying the planet for humans. Cockroaches will live beyond us.

I can't believe you people think we can't survive without coal and oil. Trust me we'll be fine.
How will you survive without electricity? You can not have electricity without coal and oil.

You literally want to live in the stone age.

Last edited:

How will you survive without electricity? You can nit have electricity without coal and oil.

We can make electricity wo that stuff. Countries and American cities are going zero carbon footprint without you

and 5 countries

Your a fool..

You will kill millions by depriving them of heat, food, and medicines with your stupid bull shit ideas. You all think you know better but you cant even weigh the cost and effects of your actions.. You just want to feel good and dammed be the consequences for your actions because you were well meaning..

It's about time we put well meaning fools on trial for the crimes against people they commit so they can "feel good"..

Your a fool..

You will kill millions by depriving them of heat, food, and medicines with your stupid bull shit ideas. You all think you know better but you cant even weigh the cost and effects of your actions.. You just want to feel good and dammed be the consequences for your actions because you were well meaning..

It's about time we put well meaning fools on trial for the crimes against people they commit so they can "feel good"..
You guys are insane. We want to stop tearing down rainforests and trees. Stop making our oceans our toilet bowls. Stop tearing away the ozone causing global warming fracking nuclear smokestack mother fuckers.

Ever see avatar? I know who you rooted for

How will you survive without electricity? You can nit have electricity without coal and oil.

We can make electricity wo that stuff. Countries and American cities are going zero carbon footprint without you

You really dont have a dam clue about how things are made or how they actually work..

Forum List

Back