Rep Apologizes for Obama 'Tar Baby' Comment

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't see that part, nor realize that only elected representatives can use derogatory remarks aimed at other politicians. I'll be sure to keep up with the double standard for the next time.

Agreed it's a double standard. Either the term "tar baby" is racist or it is not. It doesn't matter who says it.

I, for one, do not believe it is racist even though some do use it as a derogatory term just as others use the word "cracker" as a derogatory term. I certainly do not believe Rep. Lamborn was using the phrase in a racial manner, but do understand why some people want to make it appear that way.

It's "code talking". I don't know enough about Representative Lamborn to know whether he's racist or not..but was it meant as a racist remark. I've read it and I think it says "Don't worry guys..I with ya" to the racists.

This is a frequent tactic of the right that wants their votes. And it's been used, shamefully I might add...by people not personally racist at all.

:lol::lol: You actually believe that or are you just bullshitting for the sake of it?

Actually, my buffoonish little buddy, I only ever call someone a racist if they are trivializing racism. Unlike you, you prefer to hide your racist views by labeling anyone who disagrees with you as a racist. In my view, that is trivializing racism.... which is, in itself, racist.

How can I debate this? No one will explain to me how the fucking comment is racist. If no one will explain it, I cannot debate it. I can just repeat the fact..... and the fact is that, in context, it was not racist. This is just another faux outrage from the left in order to demean someone they disagree with. Fucking bunch of racists.

I've linked databases to racist slurs and shown a sketch from Saturday Night Live with racial epithets (as did Elvis) to demonstrate..that indeed..Tar Baby is quite racist.

You've either dismissed it or yammered on about "context".

Look if politicians are going to behave in this sort of manner..they are going to be called on it..and rightfully so.

I can't remember a time that Democratic politicians yammered on about race, national origin or religion.

Republican politicians do it frequently. And it should not be part of the national dialogue on policy..unless that policy is specific to race, national origin or religion.

You can link to whatever bullshit you want to justify your bullshit - fact is that it remains bullshit.

I 'yammer' on about 'context' because 'context' is actually quite important. It is a habit of both sides to take a comment out of context and create an issue. I find that intellectually shallow and partisan. I find it hugely entertaining that you consider context to be 'yammering'. It tells me a lot about you - and none of it good.

If you can't remember a time that Democrats yammered on about race, national origin or religion, you may be suffering from early alzheimers or or some other form of dementia. Seek medical help - quickly. This thread - classic example of Democrats yammering on about race.

Within my lifetime? Dixiecrats did..and that was nearly 50 years ago. And they were pretty conservative.

But recently? Naw..can't remember it.

Perhaps you can link one.

Names..people..names.

The Democrat Underground poster with the screenname 'H2O Man' used the term in reference to President Bush and the Iraqi war.

That's exactly the same thing as a US Representative going on the radio and calling Obama a tar baby. :lmao:

Convenient that you ignore the first link. Which is an article written by Robert Freedland for the Democratic Daily and cross referenced to John Kerry for President.

But I guess that doesn't fit your narrative, so it becomes ignored. Too bad its right there for everyone to see.

Actually, the first link I clicked was such a painfully fucking retarded and partisan attempt on your part that I didn't bother to click on the second.

Don't blame me because you posted a link that makes you look like a chump. :thup:

The call was "anyone". I underlined it and bolded it for you in case you have trouble finding it.

Do you really need a list of links of "anyone" calling him a frat boy?

Naw.

I've called him a FratBoy quite frequently. :lol:

Never chimp though..I never really understood that one.

I don't think he looks like a chimp.

And of course calling a privileged rich person, who in fact was in a fraternity, a frat boy is exactly the same thing as referring to a black man as 'boy'.

:lol:

Would removing the word "frat" make you feel any better and put some balm on your butthurt?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/21/opinion/21dowd.html

Names..people..names.

I'll remember that it's only racist and derogatory when an elected official does it next time.

Or will it be a double standard then too? I can't keep up with the moving goalposts each time someone says something that is potentially offensive.

So..the google didn't come up with anyone.

I don't care enough to search. Just thought I would point out the double standard though.

I've linked databases to racist slurs and shown a sketch from Saturday Night Live with racial epithets (as did Elvis) to demonstrate..that indeed..Tar Baby is quite racist.

You've either dismissed it or yammered on about "context".

Look if politicians are going to behave in this sort of manner..they are going to be called on it..and rightfully so.

I can't remember a time that Democratic politicians yammered on about race, national origin or religion.

Republican politicians do it frequently. And it should not be part of the national dialogue on policy..unless that policy is specific to race, national origin or religion.

You can link to whatever bullshit you want to justify your bullshit - fact is that it remains bullshit.

I 'yammer' on about 'context' because 'context' is actually quite important. It is a habit of both sides to take a comment out of context and create an issue. I find that intellectually shallow and partisan. I find it hugely entertaining that you consider context to be 'yammering'. It tells me a lot about you - and none of it good.

If you can't remember a time that Democrats yammered on about race, national origin or religion, you may be suffering from early alzheimers or or some other form of dementia. Seek medical help - quickly. This thread - classic example of Democrats yammering on about race.

Within my lifetime? Dixiecrats did..and that was nearly 50 years ago. And they were pretty conservative.

You only need to go back to 2008. Google it. Obama - candidate. Easy. Shameless using of race and religion for politics. If you can't remember that far back, seriously, get help. You have memory problems.

I'll remember that it's only racist and derogatory when an elected official does it next time.

Or will it be a double standard then too? I can't keep up with the moving goalposts each time someone says something that is potentially offensive.

I don't care enough to search. Just thought I would point out the double standard though.

The only thing you've pointed out is what a partisan hack you really are.

Why don't you go find some more anonymous internet posts to prove what a stupid douche you are. :thup:

:lol::lol: You actually believe that or are you just bullshitting for the sake of it?

Believe what?

Code talking..yeah I do.

Reagan used it with his "Welfare Queen" stories. I don't think Reagan had a racist bone in his body..but that was remarkably racist..and untrue I might add.

The Democrat Underground poster with the screenname 'H2O Man' used the term in reference to President Bush and the Iraqi war.

That's exactly the same thing as a US Representative going on the radio and calling Obama a tar baby. :lmao:

Convenient that you ignore the first link. Which is an article written by Robert Freedland for the Democratic Daily and cross referenced to John Kerry for President.

But I guess that doesn't fit your narrative, so it becomes ignored. Too bad its right there for everyone to see.

Actually, the first link I clicked was such a painfully fucking retarded and partisan attempt on your part that I didn't bother to click on the second.

Don't blame me because you posted a link that makes you look like a chump. :thup:

The first link was the article. Are you normally in the habit of taking things out of order? Perhaps they were placed in a specific order on purpose. The main one first, additional, but not primary, support in the second.

But continue to ignore the evidence. :thup:

Why don't you go find some more anonymous internet posts to prove what a stupid douche you are. :thup:

1.5/10 mani. It's been pointed out to you repeatedly that two links were offered. And you continue to ignore the evidence in the first and attempt to change the narrative.

Bush was called a Tar Baby by Democrats.

Next.

Last edited:

You only need to go back to 2008. Google it. Obama - candidate. Easy. Shameless using of race and religion for politics. If you can't remember that far back, seriously, get help. You have memory problems.

Post some quotes of him shooting down McCain for his associations, religion, national origin..sheesh..something.

He was pretty respectful toward McCain.

CG, Radiotwat et al apparently subscribe to some uber-silly notion that in order for any slur to be racist, it must be universally racist. That is, if it's racist to call a black man a ******, it's just as racist to call a white man a ******. Or a chimp. Or boy. Or porch monkey. Or spear chucking, watermelon gobbling, greasy fried chicken eating, lazy fucking coon!

And that of course, is decidedly fucking retarded.

Actually, that seems to be the Democratic narrative. Considering they have to ignore context in order to make it racist.

1.3/10.

Well you had no trouble posting two links..but now you don't "care" to search.

Got it. :lol:

Post some quotes of him shooting down McCain for his associations, religion, national origin..sheesh..something.

He was pretty respectful toward McCain.

Ohhhh, you need to change the parameters now? :lol::lol::lol: You don't get to call the shots about what kind of comments fit the rules you defined. Idiot.

Google it yourself. Find out for yourself how your own bunch of hypocrites used race for politics.

You are becoming laughable, Shallow. Seriously. This is pathetic. Calling me a racist.... that really should be beneath you.... shame on you. Defriending me was pathetic enough - but calling me a racist.... really.... you're losing it. I honestly think you may have some kind of mental illness.

Last edited:

1.5/10 mani. It's been pointed out to you repeatedly that two links were offered. And you continue to ignore the evidence in the first and attempt to change the narrative.

Next.

An opinion piece is slightly better than an anonymous message board post.

But it is still not a valid comparison to comments made by a sitting member of Congress. And that's exactly the stupid ass comparison you're trying to push here.

Next.

Next.

An opinion piece is slightly better than an anonymous message board post.

But it is still not a valid comparison to comments made by a sitting member of Congress. And that's exactly the stupid ass comparison you're trying to push here.

Next.

I'll remember that the opinions of elected representatives are valued higher than professional opinion writers next time. :thup:

Come on now Sallow, don't be unreasonable. Everybody knows that referring to Bush as a frat boy is every bit as racist as calling Obama a tar baby. :lmao:

Forum List

Back