Rep Apologizes for Obama 'Tar Baby' Comment

hm, slow or weird.

U.S. Marine, so it's both.
usmc3.gif

Are ad hominem attacks the norm around here or just the reaction of someone with nothing more to say?

I suspect that when one probes the character of Rep Lamborn you will find a good ole boy who enjoys a good colored joke now and then

Unsubstantiated accusations of racism do not answer the question. They only serve to distract attention from answering the question.

Ok, fine.
If you want to play this game.

Please source one black person that doesn't think "tar baby" is a racist term.

Interestingly, yesterday I spoke to my cousin's husband - he's black (I add that only because you insist that skin color is relevant) - he says he does not consider it racist - unless someone uses it as a way to insult a black person - then, he would consider it racist. So, I can source a black guy who doesn't think it is racist. But.... he is a very smart guy so perhaps intellect counts when it comes to racism.

Well, that's really swell. But the majority of blacks feel differently. Aren't you old enough to know that you can't tell people how to feel?? But you constantly try. If a black person tells you that the term, "tar baby" insults them, then believe it!! Instead of running around trying to get other opinions. That is stupid and insensitive.

I treat people as individuals. If an individual find the phrase insulting, that's fine. But it does not make it racist. It means that they are not smart enough to understand the meaning of 'context'.... but, apparently, context is 'yammering'.

Anyone who thinks context is not vital is a fucking moron. And that, my fat assed friend, is you.

I suspect that when one probes the character of Rep Lamborn you will find a good ole boy who enjoys a good colored joke now and then

Unsubstantiated accusations of racism do not answer the question. They only serve to distract attention from answering the question.

Hence, I only suspect

My rationale is that I have rarely heard tar baby analogies in the last forty years. Most have caught on that is rarely appropriate nowadays. Tar baby was a popular term in the 50s and 60s mostly in the south

Even Disney won't show Song of the South anymore because of the tar baby segment

But it seems tar baby is alive and well with Rep Lamborn and his friends

Last edited:

Hence, I only suspect

My rationale is that I have rarely heard tar baby analogies in the last forty years. Most have caught on that is rarely appropriate nowadays. Tar baby was a popular term in the 50s and 60s mostly in the south

Even Disney won't show Song of the South anymore.

that's because they like the br'er rabbit stories so much, that they tell them to each other over cigars, whine and bribes.

Hence, I only suspect

And yet, it is totally appropriate (apparently) to accuse people of being 'terrorists' just because they happen to hold a different political view. That's offensive.... it's the hypocrisy of the left that entertains me. Get all butt hurt over one insult, and carry on insulting other people.

Fuck that.

Hence, I only suspect

And yet, it is totally appropriate (apparently) to accuse people of being 'terrorists' just because they happen to hold a different political view. That's offensive.... it's the hypocrisy of the left that entertains me. Get all butt hurt over one insult, and carry on insulting other people.

Fuck that.

Just for context...

Do you and your friends often refer to tar baby when you talk about a situation that gets worse the more you fight it?

Nope, it's part of being an adult to realize when something is appropriate and when it is not

Sounds racist to me.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Seems to me Rep. Lamborn is being judged by the color of his skin, not the content of his character.

Wow. Now I've seen it all. You've actually got that audacity to quote Martin Luther King Jr., a black man, to defend the usage of the word "Tar Baby".

Hence, I only suspect

Fuck that.

Who on the left is claiming it's acceptable to call political opponents terrorist?

Wow. Now I've seen it all. You've actually got that audacity to quote Martin Luther King Jr., a black man, to defend the usage of the word "Tar Baby".

Yes. I read a book titled "The Audacity of Hope" and was inspired to speak up for truth, justice and the American way.

So, do you think whether or not the use of a word is racist depends upon a person's character or the color of their skin?

Ironic that the one person screaming about context is eager to ignore the inherent racial context of a white man using the tar baby analogy in reference to a black man.

Ironic, but given the hack in question, hardly surprising. :thup:

Hence, I only suspect

Fuck that.

Just for context...

Do you and your friends often refer to tar baby when you talk about a situation that gets worse the more you fight it?

No. In fact, I don't think I have ever used the term.

Hence, I only suspect

Fuck that.

Who on the left is claiming it's acceptable to call political opponents terrorist?

I'm not inclined to respond to you with any reason..... you called me a racist, and now you think you can just carry on asking me questions? Fuck you, you racist bitch.

Ironic that the one person screaming about context is eager to ignore the inherent racial context of a white man using the tar baby analogy in reference to a black man.

Ironic, but given the hack in question, hardly surprising. :thup:

I don't 'scream' about anything, mani. I leave that to the CAPITAL LETTER ranters. I just maintain my view. Context is vital to understand the meaning of any comment. There is no inherent racial context.... there is just context.

Seems to me that the left want to make it about race. And that is more racist than a reference to a tar baby.

Thanks.

That was a fine bit of witty repartee if I do say so myself. Even left Ali speechless. So much so that he couldn't think of a comeback worthy of my post and so he was forced to place me on ignore so he wouldn't embarrass himself further.

Oh, shut up, stupid. I highly doubt it. You are so impressed with yourself, but I think that was stupid and not the least bit witty. I can see why Zander liked it. Another fool.

I don't doubt it. He had nothing to say and was so embarrassed that he had to put me on ignore.

The fact that you have no sense of humor is no surprise either. It actually takes intelligence to enjoy wit.

I have a great sense of humor. I know you think you're the second coming of Bob Hope, but I don't think your comments are the least bit funny. Just dumb.

Forum List

Back