Rep Apologizes for Obama 'Tar Baby' Comment

All these partisan water carriers must feel pretty damn betrayed by the fact that he apologized for using a racial slur.

Ironic partisanship is ironic. :lol:

I just find it incredibly interesting that these sort of terms have never been applied to a white polician..by other politicians.

Amazing isn't it?

I mean..George W. Bush was a tar baby if anyone was..

:lol:

It has been.

“The Tar Baby” Strategy | The Democratic Daily

Bush's Tar Baby - Democratic Underground

For your convenience I bolded the part that you apparently overlooked (or ignored). :thup:

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't see that part, nor realize that only elected representatives can use derogatory remarks aimed at other politicians. I'll be sure to keep up with the double standard for the next time.

I just find it incredibly interesting that these sort of terms have never been applied to a white polician..by other politicians.

Amazing isn't it?

I mean..George W. Bush was a tar baby if anyone was..

It wasn't applied to Obama. It was applied to his policies. Damn, you are one thick shit these days Shallow. Seriously. What happened to your ability to think logically?

When a viewpoint agrees with your own..it's logical.

When it doesn't...the person that doesn't agree with you suddenly becomes an idiot, a racist, a buffoon and all sorts of sweet nothings you like to post in personal attacks instead debating the idea.

Is that the California Girl we all know and love?

For your convenience I bolded the part that you apparently overlooked (or ignored). :thup:

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't see that part, nor realize that only elected representatives can use derogatory remarks aimed at other politicians. I'll be sure to keep up with the double standard for the next time.

:lmao:

You're the fucking moron comparing anonymous message board posts to the comments of a US representative, as if it proves something. :thup:

I'll help out here..

"What if [Obama] is so outside our comprehension, that only if you understand Kenyan, anti-colonial behavior, can you begin to piece together [his actions]?" Gingrich asked. "That is the most accurate, predictive model for his behavior."
Newt Gingrich Slammed For Saying Obama May Hold 'Kenyan, Anti-Colonial' Worldview

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r90z0PMnKwI]‪George Allen introduces Macaca‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

You know..stuff like that.

Should be easy.

Agreed it's a double standard. Either the term "tar baby" is racist or it is not. It doesn't matter who says it.

I, for one, do not believe it is racist even though some do use it as a derogatory term just as others use the word "cracker" as a derogatory term. I certainly do not believe Rep. Lamborn was using the phrase in a racial manner, but do understand why some people want to make it appear that way.

I don't think anyone ever called him 'boy' either. :lol:

Where were you 2001 - 2009? The dark side of the moon?

Frat boy ring any bells?

Which Democratic politician called him that?

Your johnny on the spot..sure you can come up with a name..right quick.

The call was "anyone". I underlined it and bolded it for you in case you have trouble finding it.

Do you really need a list of links of "anyone" calling him a frat boy?

It wasn't applied to Obama. It was applied to his policies. Damn, you are one thick shit these days Shallow. Seriously. What happened to your ability to think logically?

When it doesn't...the person that doesn't agree with you suddenly becomes an idiot, a racist, a buffoon and all sorts of sweet nothings you like to post in personal attacks instead debating the idea.

Actually, my buffoonish little buddy, I only ever call someone a racist if they are trivializing racism. Unlike you, you prefer to hide your racist views by labeling anyone who disagrees with you as a racist. In my view, that is trivializing racism.... which is, in itself, racist.

How can I debate this? No one will explain to me how the fucking comment is racist. If no one will explain it, I cannot debate it. I can just repeat the fact..... and the fact is that, in context, it was not racist. This is just another faux outrage from the left in order to demean someone they disagree with. Fucking bunch of racists.

I've linked databases to racist slurs and shown a sketch from Saturday Night Live with racial epithets (as did Elvis) to demonstrate..that indeed..Tar Baby is quite racist.

You've either dismissed it or yammered on about "context".

Look if politicians are going to behave in this sort of manner..they are going to be called on it..and rightfully so.

I can't remember a time that Democratic politicians yammered on about race, national origin or religion.

Republican politicians do it frequently. And it should not be part of the national dialogue on policy..unless that policy is specific to race, national origin or religion.

Well shut my mouth..

And which Democratic politician was using it to describe Bush?

They called him a monkey and a chimp.

Just as "racist". (or has the playbook changed this week?)

Names..people..names.

The Democrat Underground poster with the screenname 'H2O Man' used the term in reference to President Bush and the Iraqi war.

That's exactly the same thing as a US Representative going on the radio and calling Obama a tar baby. :lmao:

Where were you 2001 - 2009? The dark side of the moon?

Frat boy ring any bells?

The call was "anyone". I underlined it and bolded it for you in case you have trouble finding it.

Naw.

I've called him a FratBoy quite frequently. :lol:

Never chimp though..I never really understood that one.

I don't think he looks like a chimp.

Agreed it's a double standard. Either the term "tar baby" is racist or it is not. It doesn't matter who says it.

I, for one, do not believe it is racist even though some do use it as a derogatory term just as others use the word "cracker" as a derogatory term. I certainly do not believe Rep. Lamborn was using the phrase in a racial manner, but do understand why some people want to make it appear that way.

Actually, that's not right. It depends on the context of the term as to whether it is racist or not. The same is not true of some terms... such as 'porch monkey', 'jungle bunny' or 'spear chucker'. There is no other context for any of those other than to make a race based insult - and that is racist. The term 'tar baby' is no quite so simple. It relates to the stickiness of tar, not the color. Therefore, one has to look at the context to ascertain whether it is meant to be racist. If used in a racist way - as a direct insult towards a black person, then absolutely, it is racist. The fact is that it was not used in that context. Therefore, it was not a racist comment.

Critical thinking - a useful tool for anyone who wants to be taken seriously.

Naw.

I've called him a FratBoy quite frequently. :lol:

Never chimp though..I never really understood that one.

I don't think he looks like a chimp.

And of course calling a privileged rich person, who in fact was in a fraternity, a frat boy is exactly the same thing as referring to a black man as 'boy'.

Last edited:
Well shut my mouth..

And which Democratic politician was using it to describe Bush?

Names..people..names.

I'll remember that it's only racist and derogatory when an elected official does it next time.

Or will it be a double standard then too? I can't keep up with the moving goalposts each time someone says something that is potentially offensive.

Names..people..names.

I'll remember that it's only racist and derogatory when an elected official does it next time.

Or will it be a double standard then too? I can't keep up with the moving goalposts each time someone says something that is potentially offensive.

So..the google didn't come up with anyone.

Actually, my buffoonish little buddy, I only ever call someone a racist if they are trivializing racism. Unlike you, you prefer to hide your racist views by labeling anyone who disagrees with you as a racist. In my view, that is trivializing racism.... which is, in itself, racist.

How can I debate this? No one will explain to me how the fucking comment is racist. If no one will explain it, I cannot debate it. I can just repeat the fact..... and the fact is that, in context, it was not racist. This is just another faux outrage from the left in order to demean someone they disagree with. Fucking bunch of racists.

I've linked databases to racist slurs and shown a sketch from Saturday Night Live with racial epithets (as did Elvis) to demonstrate..that indeed..Tar Baby is quite racist.

You've either dismissed it or yammered on about "context".

Look if politicians are going to behave in this sort of manner..they are going to be called on it..and rightfully so.

I can't remember a time that Democratic politicians yammered on about race, national origin or religion.

Republican politicians do it frequently. And it should not be part of the national dialogue on policy..unless that policy is specific to race, national origin or religion.

You can link to whatever bullshit you want to justify your bullshit - fact is that it remains bullshit.

I 'yammer' on about 'context' because 'context' is actually quite important. It is a habit of both sides to take a comment out of context and create an issue. I find that intellectually shallow and partisan. I find it hugely entertaining that you consider context to be 'yammering'. It tells me a lot about you - and none of it good.

If you can't remember a time that Democrats yammered on about race, national origin or religion, you may be suffering from early alzheimers or or some other form of dementia. Seek medical help - quickly. This thread - classic example of Democrats yammering on about race.

Names..people..names.

It's certainly worse when an elected official does it than when Tank posts it at USMB. :lol:

You're the fucking moron comparing anonymous message board posts to the comments of a US representative, as if it proves something. :thup:

No, actually one was an article written comparing the two.

Article=/=MB just so ya know.

It's "code talking". I don't know enough about Representative Lamborn to know whether he's racist or not..but was it meant as a racist remark. I've read it and I think it says "Don't worry guys..I with ya" to the racists.

This is a frequent tactic of the right that wants their votes. And it's been used, shamefully I might add...by people not personally racist at all.

Names..people..names.

The Democrat Underground poster with the screenname 'H2O Man' used the term in reference to President Bush and the Iraqi war.

That's exactly the same thing as a US Representative going on the radio and calling Obama a tar baby. :lmao:

Convenient that you ignore the first link. Which is an article written by Robert Freedland for the Democratic Daily and cross referenced to John Kerry for President.

But I guess that doesn't fit your narrative, so it becomes ignored. Too bad its right there for everyone to see.

No, actually one was an article written comparing the two.

Article=/=MB just so ya know.

The link I clicked (that you posted) was a messageboard.

Fact, not opinion.

Forum List

Back