Rep Apologizes for Obama 'Tar Baby' Comment

Correctly pointing out that "Tar Baby" is a racist term is not racism.

It's been a racist term for almost a century.

Slightly disagree. The term isn't racist, but how it is used by some people has indeed been racist. Pointing out this fact isn't racist, but but accusing Rep. Lamborn of being a racist for using it is wrong, at best, and is either racist or politically motivated at worst.

I just find it incredibly interesting that these sort of terms have never been applied to a white polician..by other politicians.

Amazing isn't it?

I mean..George W. Bush was a tar baby if anyone was..

:lol:

Slightly disagree. The term isn't racist, but how it is used by some people has indeed been racist. Pointing out this fact isn't racist, but but accusing Rep. Lamborn of being a racist for using it is wrong, at best, and is either racist or politically motivated at worst.

I just find it incredibly interesting that these sort of terms have never been applied to a white polician..by other politicians.

Amazing isn't it?

I don't think anyone ever called him 'boy' either. :lol:

Apparently you don't appreciate the irony that you have to dismiss the ACTUAL FUCKING WORDS that he used in order to continue with your retarded charade.

But whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

I'm not dismissing the ACTUAL FUCKING WORDS (fyi: I do dismiss anyone who feels the need to capitalize words as somewhat hysterical). I am looking at the context of his comment - all of it. Not one sentence, but the whole comment. Because that is context. Context is not a sentence. It is the whole.... ummmm.... context. That's called critical thinking.

So you agree then that taken out of context, it's reasonable to conclude that one sentence is racist?

I have already said that. Which is why I always look for context.

Habitually, both sides take one sentence, out of context, and create faux outrage about it. Context is vital to understand intent and meaning. Did he mean to be offensive? No. Was the comment racist? No.

Not rocket science.

Amazing isn't it?

:lol: That's a fact.

Amazing isn't it?

It has been.

“The Tar Baby” Strategy | The Democratic Daily

Bush's Tar Baby - Democratic Underground

Amazing isn't it?

It wasn't applied to Obama. It was applied to his policies. Damn, you are one thick shit these days Shallow. Seriously. What happened to your ability to think logically?

Who knew that calling something a sticky gooey mess is now racist? :dunno:

Is there a weekly playbook that comes out so we can keep up?

Romney Apologizes For 'Tar Baby' - CBS News

And all the more reason no one should be using it..

Black leaders were outraged at his use of the term, which dates to the 19th century Uncle Remus stories by journalist Joel Chandler Harris. The term refers to a doll made of tar that traps Br'er Rabbit, the main characters in the series of stories. It has come to be known as a way of describing a sticky mess — and has been used as a derogatory term for a black person.

"Tar baby is a totally inappropriate phrase in the 21st century," said Larry Jones, a black Republican and civil rights activist.
:eusa_whistle:

Amazing isn't it?

It has been.

Oh dear. It appears that the left are racists! Who could see that coming? :eek:

IMO, that's what he meant. But 'literally' he absolutely compared Obama to a tar baby. If you were one tenth as intelligent as you claim (or perhaps simply honest), you'd know that. He didn't say 'his policies' he said 'him', as in, I don't want to touch "HIM", it's like touching a tar baby. Go read up on the usage of pronouns you stupid twat. :thup:

I have all the information I require to make an honest judgement.... honest being the key word. In context - and by context I mean his whole comment, not one fucking sentence - he was clearly talking about Obama's policies. That is not calling Obama a tar baby. And the phrase is about the stickiness of tar, not the color of tar. I don't care how many idiots claim something is racist when it is not.... claiming something is racist does not make it racist.

Two people on this thread have called me a racist. Does that make me a racist? No. It makes them fucking morons who use race as weapon - that makes them racists, but it has no impact on me.

OK....let's make it simple for you

You do not use a black person and "tar baby" in the same sentence...regardless of context

You do not use a black person and "watermelon" in the same sentence....regardless of context

You do not use a black person and "n*gger" in the same sentence...regardless of context

These teaparty idiots just ain't got no couth.

I'm not dismissing the ACTUAL FUCKING WORDS (fyi: I do dismiss anyone who feels the need to capitalize words as somewhat hysterical). I am looking at the context of his comment - all of it. Not one sentence, but the whole comment. Because that is context. Context is not a sentence. It is the whole.... ummmm.... context. That's called critical thinking.

So you agree then that taken out of context, it's reasonable to conclude that one sentence is racist?

I have already said that. Which is why I always look for context.

Habitually, both sides take one sentence, out of context, and create faux outrage about it. Context is vital to understand intent and meaning. Did he mean to be offensive? No. Was the comment racist? No.

Not rocket science.

Apparently you're not quite smart enough to realize that context is subjective and your opinion about it isn't the universal standard.

IMO, that's what he meant. But 'literally' he absolutely compared Obama to a tar baby. If you were one tenth as intelligent as you claim (or perhaps simply honest), you'd know that. He didn't say 'his policies' he said 'him', as in, I don't want to touch "HIM", it's like touching a tar baby. Go read up on the usage of pronouns you stupid twat. :thup:

I have all the information I require to make an honest judgement.... honest being the key word. In context - and by context I mean his whole comment, not one fucking sentence - he was clearly talking about Obama's policies. That is not calling Obama a tar baby. And the phrase is about the stickiness of tar, not the color of tar. I don't care how many idiots claim something is racist when it is not.... claiming something is racist does not make it racist.

Two people on this thread have called me a racist. Does that make me a racist? No. It makes them fucking morons who use race as weapon - that makes them racists, but it has no impact on me.

but but the context.

and the critical thinking.

and the honesty.

lol, what a broken dumb jerk-in-a-box.

Amazing isn't it?

It has been.

Well shut my mouth..

And which Democratic politician was using it to describe Bush?

Amazing isn't it?

Where were you 2001 - 2009? The dark side of the moon?

Frat boy ring any bells?

Amazing isn't it?

It wasn't applied to Obama. It was applied to his policies. Damn, you are one thick shit these days Shallow. Seriously. What happened to your ability to think logically?

When a viewpoint agrees with your own..it's logical.

When it doesn't...the person that doesn't agree with you suddenly becomes an idiot, a racist, a buffoon and all sorts of sweet nothings you like to post in personal attacks instead debating the idea.

Amazing isn't it?

It has been.

For your convenience I bolded the part that you apparently overlooked (or ignored). :thup:

Amazing isn't it?

It has been.

Well shut my mouth..

And which Democratic politician was using it to describe Bush?

They called him a monkey and a chimp.

Just as "racist". (or has the playbook changed this week?)

Amazing isn't it?

Where were you 2001 - 2009? The dark side of the moon?

Frat boy ring any bells?

Which Democratic politician called him that?

Your johnny on the spot..sure you can come up with a name..right quick.

Amazing isn't it?

When a viewpoint agrees with your own..it's logical.

When it doesn't...the person that doesn't agree with you suddenly becomes an idiot, a racist, a buffoon and all sorts of sweet nothings you like to post in personal attacks instead debating the idea.

Actually, my buffoonish little buddy, I only ever call someone a racist if they are trivializing racism. Unlike you, you prefer to hide your racist views by labeling anyone who disagrees with you as a racist. In my view, that is trivializing racism.... which is, in itself, racist.

How can I debate this? No one will explain to me how the fucking comment is racist. If no one will explain it, I cannot debate it. I can just repeat the fact..... and the fact is that, in context, it was not racist. This is just another faux outrage from the left in order to demean someone they disagree with. Fucking bunch of racists.

Forum List

Back