Zone1 REPARATION NOW! The US Owes $350,000 To Every Black American

Status
Not open for further replies.
"It wouldn't do that, it would turn everyone against the black Americans. My guess is that at least seventy percent of Americans weren't even born during Jim Crow and none were born during slavery. Every one of those hundreds of million people will be outraged that their taxes are being raised to buy off people who they never harmed."

You're wrong. Furthermore I was born duriing Jim Crow. And Jim Crow didn't end in 1964. In fact it's practiced covertly by people with the attitude of the person I quoted right now. The harm continues and what racists like the one quoted misses is the fact that blacks have paid taxes into a system that continues to cheat us. I guess blacks can't bee angry, only wwhite people getting mad coounts to the racist.
How are you being cheated? By not having everything given to you?

WE did nothing. Again, those were horrendous things done to other human beings. Those human beings are no longer among the living. You cannot expect reparations for injustices done to others. Well, I guess some idiots do expect it, pure greed and laziness.
Yes, and we aren't invading Ukraine but we pay them money. We spend millions on bizarre research grants.

Lastly, I prayed about it and I think they should get the recognition for their family that did the work and endured all the pain.

It just seems like a certain group of whites in thiis country are saying that it's OK for whites to have been given land and money, and that whates have what they do because their ancestors stepped on ours and we just have to take it. That whites can continue practicing the same behavior and because the signs are not up there making it obvious, that whites can deny their maintenance of the same system.

The governments of this country owe blacks money. Period. Despite what some of these idiots say, we have plans for what we would do. Now nobody else has had to prove what they would do with money. Whites have been handed money and other things from this government forever and haven't stopped asking yet. And whites are getting government money, tax dollars, put in the pot by blacks. Blacks have paid for white progress since this country was founded and it's high time we got some of the money back to improve ourselves.

It's time for you racists to stoo repeating the same dumb ass bs you say every time. If we weren't slaves, then we shouldn't have to live with the inequality slavery produced.
What are whites today being given with black tax payers money that you aren’t getting? You have been asked this question so many times and have never answered it.

Everyone has a bias whether related to race sex or gender. That doesn't make them racist or sexist.

I don't know any black people. I had one black gay friend a few years ago here in Utah but when I relapsed on booze I lost all of my friends including him. In my State is 90 percent white people so I don't even see black people.

But I still support reparations because I think it could strengthen the country's morale.
I envy you for not seeing Negroes. That explains your benign attitude toward them. To know what blacks are really like one must seem them up close on terms of approximate equality, when blacks are in the majority.

Most whites did not own slaves. But for the fact that our Country allowed it. The Country owes a formal apology and reparations.

This is not about what white person owned a slave. As yoou so astutely pointed out, the country allowed it. Our grievance is with the government. The same government that has given whites things blacks could not get even as blacks paid taxes.

Michelle, whites didn't have to own slaves physically. There were whites who did not physically own a slave but owned slave backed xecurities and made money from slavery.

This is not about what white person owned a slave. As yoou so astutely pointed out, the country allowed it. Our grievance is with the government. The same government that has given whites things blacks could not get even as blacks paid taxes.

Michelle, whites didn't have to own slaves physically. There were whites who did not physically own a slave but owned slave backed xecurities and made money from slavery.
Slavery benefited few whites. Family farms could not compete with plantations. Most trades and professions paid less in slave states than free states. European immigrants usually went to the free states, because that is where the opportunities were.

Even now the South is an economic backwater. The industrial revolution happened in the North. The computer revolution is happening on the West Coast.

I envy you for not seeing Negroes. That explains your benign attitude toward them. To know what blacks are really like one must seem them up close on terms of approximate equality, when blacks are in the majority.
I had a good experience with the black gay guy I used to be friends with.

One of my friends told me when she went to school in kindergarten it was the first time she ever saw an African American. Can you imagine that geez?

December 6, 1864
Abraham Lincoln's Fourth Annual Message to Congress was printed in the Congressional Globe: "At the last session of Congress a proposed amendment of the Constitution, abolishing slavery throughout the United States, passed the Senate, but failed for lack of the requisite two-thirds vote in the House of Representatives.

The government legally allowed the mistreatment of human beings. The government has never even apologized to them for the slavery they allowed.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Slavery benefited few whites. Family farms could not compete with plantations. Most trades and professions paid less in slave states than free states. European immigrants usually went to the free states, because that is where the opportunities were.

Even now the South is an economic backwater. The industrial revolution happened in the North. The computer revolution is happening on the West Coast.
The majority of whites did not afford or own slaves.

This is why they don't want to pay reparations.

But think of it this way whites are already paying it its just called welfare.

If we swap that for reparations and apology we can start healing and uniting in our Country.

"A lot of people have ancestors that suffered one way or another. You can’t possibly think people who were not directly treated like those in the past are deserving free money. You believe people who weren’t alive during slavery or Jim Crow years should benefit from their possible ancestors misfortune? People even today aren’t all treated equal or with respect. It’s also not just one race either."

Nobody elses ancestors were slaves. Reparations is not free money. And again let me show you an example of Jim Crow as it is practiced right now.

I can say for sure that happens because I did it. Before retirement, Iwas an Engineer. For the last 20 years of my career, I was a Manager and Director and I hired hundreds of people. I reviewed well over a thousand resumes for all kinds of positions. Everything from Secretaries to Engineering Managers. Both Salary and Hourly. I always culled out the resumes with Black Ethnic names. Never shortlisted anybody with a Black Ethnic name.Never hired them.”

Since the Fortune 50 company I worked for had a stupid “affirmative action” hiring policies I never mentioned it to anybody and I always got away with it. A couple of times I was instructed to improve my departmental“diversity” demographics but I always ignored it and never got into any trouble. My stereotype is that anybody with a stupid ghetto Black ethnic name is probably worthless. I could have been wrong a couple of times but I wasalso probably right 99% of the time.

Glad I did it. I would do it again.”

This guy retired 3-4 years ago. He practiced Jim Crow. For 20 years blacks were denied good paying jobs in that company. This is not the only person doing this in America. Millions of whites like him are doing it right now. So there is no credibility to the pretense that reparations are being asked for because of something in the past that people aren't doing today.

IM2, you will never get reparations. What is going to happen is that that you will be denied affirmative action in hiring. Whites will stop paying for welfare checks for your illegitimate children. As computer technology and automation eliminate jobs that people of below average intelligence can learn your standard of living will decline. It's coming. You can't avoid it.

Meanwhile the incomes of Jews and Orientals will rise.

If we swap that for reparations and apology we can start healing and uniting in our Country.
Whites are the majority of people on welfare. Welfare is not reparations. The government made iit so all whites were free, Whites were alloweed to be citizens. Again, a lot of whites owned slave backed securities, so while they physically did not own a slave many whites owned slaves indirectly.

Last edited:

Reparations are not the way to unite and heal our country. The thought of reparations infuriates many people. Blacks have caused much harm to this country by their crime, their welfare expense, and the way they ruin white working class neighborhoods by moving into them. When blacks move in, crime moves up. The reason you are unaware of this is because you are fortunate enough to have no experience with those people.

Whites are the majority of people on welfare. Welfare is not reparations. The government made iit so all whites were free, Whites were alloweed to be citizens. Again, a lot of whites owned slave backed securities, so while they physically did not own a slave many whites owned slabes indirectly.
Blacks are much more likely to be on welfare than whites. They are much more likely to be criminals than whites.

I had a good experience with the black gay guy I used to be friends with.

One of my friends told me when she went to school in kindergarten it was the first time she ever saw an African American. Can you imagine that geez?

December 6, 1864
Abraham Lincoln's Fourth Annual Message to Congress was printed in the Congressional Globe: "At the last session of Congress a proposed amendment of the Constitution, abolishing slavery throughout the United States, passed the Senate, but failed for lack of the requisite two-thirds vote in the House of Representatives.

The government legally allowed the mistreatment of human beings. The government has never even apologized to them for the slavery they allowed.

I have probably known more blacks I liked than you have.

When my technology firm hired a black computer programmer, I began to mentor him. He told our boss I was helping him. Our boss told me, "It is my job to train the people I hire, but I do not always have time. You are making my job a lot easier."

That is the best thing a boss can tell a subordinate.

Either these guys are oblivious or stupid. Do they not understand just how much the government has given whites at the expense oof blacks?

alloweed to be citizens. Again, a lot of whites owned slave backed securities, so while they physically did not own a slave many whites owned slabes indirectly.

Whites are the majority of people on welfare. Welfare is not reparations. The government made iit so all whites were free, Whites were alloweed to be citizens. Again, a lot of whites owned slave backed securities, so while they physically did not own a slave many whites owned slabes indirectly.
Most whites did not own slaves and the majority voted to end slavery.

African Americans are only 12 percent of the population. If we checked statistically how many in the 12% are on assistance and compared it to whites I doubt the majority of whites are on welfare.

I have no control over what the Government does. The higher-ups like to cause friction and conflict between peasants. But I support reparations. I don't support making all whites the bad people. That is dishonest and it causes friction and they get defensive and don't want to support the cause.

My point about welfare is the taxes pay for it so it's get rid of that and pay reparations then

Reparations are not the way to unite and heal our country. The thought of reparations infuriates many people. Blacks have caused much harm to this country by their crime, their welfare expense, and the way they ruin white working class neighborhoods by moving into them. When blacks move in, crime moves up. The reason you are unaware of this is because you are fortunate enough to have no experience with those people.
You are right it does make white people uncomfortable. But it shouldn't. Instead, it should make people feel good. I would feel good knowing the Country apologized and gave monetary damage for it.

What is wrong with caring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back