Repeal the 2nd Amendment

If it was possible to revoke the 14th Amendment, rightwing MAGA folks would have already done it to stop Mexican immigrants babies from being citizens. THINK.
Now, the 2nd Amendment is another story. ☺

1655158028249.png

Oh lookee! Trump!! MAGA!!!

Insurrectionists!!!!!

Lock them up and show trial them!!!!!!!

*****ROFLMAO*****

:eusa_dance: :) :eusa_dance:

Just because those MEN said the rights were "inalienable" doesn't mean they are.
LMAO. By the same token, just because the 14th amendment was passed doesn't mean it can't be removed. The difference is the first ten are considered "inalienable" where the other 17 are not. However, they are all part of the same document, the Constitution of the United States. It was also written by men but it is the basis of all laws that govern we citizens. If you open it up, you are not likely to enjoy the results.

This is your OP. You should research your subject matter before exhibiting your ignorance for the world to see. If you open the constitution for the repeal of ANY amendment, they are all fair game for change or repeal. Again, careful what you wish for.
Yes, I should research my subject matter. The first 12 Constitutional amendments form the original part of the Constitution. (Affirmative Action for White males).

LMAO. By the same token, just because the 14th amendment was passed doesn't mean it can't be removed. The difference is the first ten are considered "inalienable" where the other 17 are not. However, they are all part of the same document, the Constitution of the United States. It was also written by men but it is the basis of all laws that govern we citizens. If you open it up, you are not likely to enjoy the results.
I say let's open it up. The first 12 amendments didn't cover enslaved Africans or Native Americans.
It needs to be re-written.

Supreme Court Justice Stevens wanted to "open it up" to repeal the 2nd Amendment.
I agree with him.

They can't...it would be illegal so guess what?... you are wrong.... and even if they tried... do you know how many of our troops own guns and support the right to buy a gun?.... it would tear the military apart.... it would tear the nation apart....
They did a dry run during Katrina in New Orleans

Yes, I should research my subject matter. The first 12 Constitutional amendments form the original part of the Constitution. (Affirmative Action for White males).
Wrong again, my dear. The Bill of Rights comprises the first TEN amendments of the constitution. You didn't listen very well in your 8th grade government class.

Wrong again, my dear. The Bill of Rights comprises the first TEN amendments of the constitution. You didn't listen very well in your 8th grade government class.
No, I didn't listen well. Because I used to think all those documents covered me and my people (African-Americans). It wasn't until I was older that I learned "We hold these truths to become self-evident" didn't include me.

I say let's open it up. The first 12 amendments didn't cover enslaved Africans or Native Americans.
It needs to be re-written.
The constitution is the reason that you have the rights that you enjoy. Do you understand what the definition of "amendment" is? I have done my best to give you an education but like the proverbial horse that is led to water, I can't make you drink.

Forum List

Back