Repeal the 2nd Amendment

The NRA is nothing more than a bogyman for the left
Yeah, they talk about the NRA like it is some supernatural being. The NRA is PEOPLE, lots of them. Me, and about 5 million others. This is not counting the other 100 million or so gun owners that don't belong to the NRA. The leftist gun grabbers can holler all they want about the NRA. If the NRA disbanded tomorrow, there still would be people who own guns.

In the March 27, 2018 issue of the New York Times, retired Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens wrote a wonderful article advocating for the repeal of the 2nd Amendment. Reason: We do not need a militia today. The 2nd Amendment is just a propaganda weapon of the NRA---they use it to block debate in Congress and stop real gun control. (I am paraphrasing Justice Stevens here).

These mass shootings would stop fast if we could repeal the 2nd Amendment.
That's a wonderful article? It's a sick article! The Bill of Rights are first of all handed to us as unalienable rights from our Creator, God. They aren't given by the President, Congress nor the Supreme Court. So, they cannot be taken away by them either. If they are, we are no better off than China or Russia. We will have no rights at all.

It's interesting that you mention a civil war. I am currently reading a book about the lead up to the first Civil War. The Southern slaveowners were absolutely against giving up their slaves. I guess they felt the same way you feel about giving up your guns.
Wonder why I thought of that?
What a stretch... holy cow man.... You have gone over the edge now.... LMAO... I've never owned a slave and a slave can't defend my home and my loved ones.... A slave can't shoot game to feed my family or protect from bears and wildlife intent on killing me....

If you dems are going to make any headway in gun control you first must stop calling for defunding cops and emptying prisons and removing bail....

Please show me where I support this. ALL I SAID WAS THE MILITARY COULD ACCOMPLISH IT. Nothing more.
They can't...it would be illegal so guess what?... you are wrong.... and even if they tried... do you know how many of our troops own guns and support the right to buy a gun?.... it would tear the military apart.... it would tear the nation apart....

I have no problem with anyone who thinks the 2nd Amendment needs to be repealed trying to accomplish that as long as they comply with the constitutional requirements for doing so. I take comfort in the fact that I don't believe it is doable with the present American electorate.

You’re talking about the United States Military. If they want your guns, they’ll take em. I don’t see what you are going to do about it.

Do you know what asymmetrical warfare is?
I'll give you a little time to look it up.

Democrats scream for gun control and confiscation of some weapons but when you ask them how they would go about it they are dumbfounded... when you push them they go right to the US military forcibly taking them.... TYRANTS......
I have $1,000 that says you can’t provide a quote of me saying I want the military to take away everyone’s guns.

Forum List

Back