Repenting Homosexuals

Does Roman Chapter 1 lie about who homosexuals are?

• Yes.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • No.

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
RWer sez, "The Abrahamic God is an asshole"
This board intended the Religion and Ethics forum to promote ethics, not blasphemy.
Holding God accountable is not blasphemy
What would you like to hold God accountable for exactly?

I am kinda pissed off about that flood

Almighty God flooded the earth due to the evil of mankind, the incredible amount of sinning going on.

Similar to the judgment He made to Sodom. The Gay Community of Sodom tried to recruit God's holy angels when they were visiting with Lot looking for reasons to save the city. He burned the town in a storm of fire, as well as brimstone.
You made me do this.....
I’m only pretty sure that the moral of the account was more internal locus of control focused.

Holding God accountable is not blasphemy

Almighty God flooded the earth due to the evil of mankind, the incredible amount of sinning going on.

Similar to the judgment He made to Sodom. The Gay Community of Sodom tried to recruit God's holy angels when they were visiting with Lot looking for reasons to save the city. He burned the town in a storm of fire, as well as brimstone.
You made me do this.....
I’m only pretty sure that the moral of the account was more internal locus of control focused.
Like an abusive husband beating his wife....

You made me do this

What exactly was ancient man trying to say in Genesis?

1. God created existence
2. Everything he created is good
3. What he created was done in steps
4. Man arose or is a product of that creation
5. Man is unlike any other creature in creation
6. Man is made in God’s image in that he is a being which knows and creates
7. Man was told to go forth and be fruitful
8. Man was told to do as the original creator; to create for 6 days and then rest
9. Man knows right from wrong
10. Rather than abandoning the concept of right and wrong when man does wrong, he rationalizes he didn’t do wrong
11. Successful behaviors naturally lead to success
12. Failed behaviors naturally lead to failure
13. Pass it down to the next generation

All of that from a fairytale? Amazing.

Of course it’s even more amazing when you consider that this knowledge was passed down orally from generation to generation for thousands of years.

You made me do this.....
Like an abusive husband beating his wife....

You made me do this
No. Like the husband who beat his wife and said he brought this upon himself.

Why is it that you look for the worst possible interpretation you can find?

Roman's 1:18-32

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
So you did teach that homosexuals exists because God was punishing man?

You taught that to kids, did you?

The Bible says what it says. Nothing has to be taught.
Your understanding of their understanding is more flawed than their understanding.

But you already knew that.

How many kids did you teach that to again?

Abeka | Product Information | Bible Doctrines for Today

Route 66 - Positive Action For Christ
Why did they close your other thread?

I didn't have any personal commentary in the OP. I just posted Romans 1:18-32.

I guess you have to add at least some opinion to a quote. I did not meet that requirement.

Roman's 1:18-32

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Your understanding of their understanding is more flawed than their understanding.

Zero. Last year I taught Bible doctrines. This issue didn't come up except in jest amongst kids.

This year I am teaching a course that barely touches each book of the Bible. I doubt this issue will come up. The bulk of these kids come from very conservative Christian homes. I think they know God's view on homosexuality. I don't have to teach it to them. Besides, this is such a popular topic even kids know where they stand on this issue. Not everybody would agree. Sowing discord among the brethren is frowned upon in Christianity.

Personally I disagree with the Bible on the topic of homosexuality.
I disagree with you on pretty much everything.

Did I mention I don’t believe you?

I already sent you the eight truths in a PM. They are true whether you believe them or not.

It is also 100% irrelevant whether I am telling the truth or not. I am not understanding what difference it makes to the discussion at hand. I honestly don't. You think it is just a handy accusation that protects you from losing arguments left and right. It does not. You suck regardless.

Oh wow! Eight people agree with what God says about homosexuals.

That's crazy. How can anybody living in 2019 that knows at least 3 gay people believe the bull shit that God says in Roman's chapter 1?

This is psychotic. Did you guys even bother reading God's views in Roman's chapter 1 before you voted?

Surely you guys aren't that disgusting.

Last edited:

Abeka | Product Information | Bible Doctrines for Today

Route 66 - Positive Action For Christ
Why did they close your other thread?

I didn't have any personal commentary in the OP. I just posted Romans 1:18-32.

I guess you have to add at least some opinion to a quote. I did not meet that requirement.
But you did. You asked a question.

Oh wow! Eight people agree with what God says about homosexuals.

That's crazy. How can anybody living in 2019 that knows at least 3 gay people believe the bull shit that God says in Roman's chapter 1?

This is psychotic. Did you guys even bother reading God's views in Roman's chapter 1 before you voted?

Surely you guys aren't that disgusting.
I can’t believe you taught that to little children in your religious class.

Zero. Last year I taught Bible doctrines. This issue didn't come up except in jest amongst kids.

This year I am teaching a course that barely touches each book of the Bible. I doubt this issue will come up. The bulk of these kids come from very conservative Christian homes. I think they know God's view on homosexuality. I don't have to teach it to them. Besides, this is such a popular topic even kids know where they stand on this issue. Not everybody would agree. Sowing discord among the brethren is frowned upon in Christianity.

I already sent you the eight truths in a PM. They are true whether you believe them or not.

It is also 100% irrelevant whether I am telling the truth or not. I am not understanding what difference it makes to the discussion at hand. I honestly don't. You think it is just a handy accusation that protects you from losing arguments left and right. It does not. You suck regardless.
It’s always relevant if someone isn’t telling the truth.

How so? Consider the following argument:

Me: Black is the best color ever. I have a black horse.

Dumb ass: Black is not the best color because you do not even own a horse.

Reasonable person: Black is not the best color because it does not catch the attention as easily as other brighter colors such as red, blue, yellow or even orange. I know for a fact you don't own a horse but I am not going to let you say black is the best color.

Wait. So by your logic all of my opinions are superior if the statements I am making are true. Then there is nothing more to discuss. By your logic I am right and you are wrong. I guess we are done and you are still as dumb as a white turtle.

Reasonable person: Black is not the best color because it does not catch the attention as easily as other brighter colors such as red, blue, yellow or even orange. I know for a fact you don't own a horse but I am not going to let you say black is the best color.
What would you like for me to consider?

Let’s make it more real.

V’s wife: did you cheat on me?

V says no when he did.

Was that lie relevant?

Wait. So by your logic all of my opinions are superior if the statements I am making are true. Then there is nothing more to discuss. By your logic I am right and you are wrong. I guess we are done and you are still as dumb as a white turtle.
Superior? Is that what I said exactly?

Try not skipping steps or making assumptions.

But sure, if you are telling the truth, then it shouldn’t matter to you. But if you were telling the truth, there wouldn’t be any inconsistencies in your stories.

Let’s make it more real.

V says no when he did.

Was that lie relevant?

Yes. It would be relevant.

Let’s make it more real.

V says no when he did.

Was that lie relevant?

So telling the truth is important.

But sure, if you are telling the truth, then it shouldn’t matter to you. But if you were telling the truth, there wouldn’t be any inconsistencies in your stories.

The topic at hand is whether you agree with what God says about homosexuals or not. It is also about whether you have ever known of a homosexual that repented. This has to do with your opinion on the matter. It has absolutely 0% to do with something I said in another thread. I am pretty sure you are stupid in general but on this debate you are extremely stupid. You are just like an earthworm wearing sunglasses.

Let’s make it more real.

V says no when he did.

Was that lie relevant?

So telling the truth is important.

Yes it is.

The topic at hand is whether you agree with what God says about homosexuals or not. It is also about whether you have ever known of a homosexual that repented. This has to do with your opinion on the matter. It has absolutely 0% to do with something I said in another thread. I am pretty sure you are stupid in general but on this debate you are extremely stupid. You are just like an earthworm wearing sunglasses.
Whereas I think the topic is you being a subversive on a mission to subordinate religion.

Forum List

Back