Repenting Homosexuals

Does Roman Chapter 1 lie about who homosexuals are?

• Yes.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • No.

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why did you list communist leaning as your political affiliation on the forum you were banned from before here?

To be funny.

Were there a lot of communist leaning southern baptists at that racist and homophobic church and Christian school you supposedly taught at?

No.
Why didn’t you answer my question where did you think they got the material for the NT when you said you believed it was written by elitist to control the masses?

Why did you list communist leaning as your political affiliation on the forum you were banned from before here?

To be funny.

Were there a lot of communist leaning southern baptists at that racist and homophobic church and Christian school you supposedly taught at?

No.
Why didn’t you answer my question where did you think they got the material for the NT when you said you believed it was written by elitist to control the masses?

Because I didn't see your question. Where is it?

To be funny.

No.

The Council of Nicea was discussed in my Bible Doctrines class last year.

To be funny.

No.

Because I didn't see your question. Where is it?
Underneath your statement that the New Testament was written by elitists who wrote it to control the masses?

Or is that not your belief?

To be funny.

No.

So what?

What did they use to compile the NT?

To be funny.

No.

We also discussed how John Wycliffe was burned at the stake by the Roman Catholic Church for distributing Bibles to common folks who went about the country side sharing the gospel to all who would listen.

There is no debate that the Roman Catholic Church has an extremely long history that even reaches as recently as the 1950's to keep the Bible out of the hands of non-clerics.

To be funny.

No.

We also discussed how John Wycliffe was burned at the stake by the Roman Catholic Church for distributing Bibles to common folks who went about the country side sharing the gospel to all who would listen.

There is no debate that the Roman Catholic Church has an extremely long history that even reaches as recently as the 1950's to keep the Bible out of the hands of non-clerics.
What does that have to do with my question?

To be funny.

No.

So what?

They used their hands I guess. What do you think they used?

To be funny.

No.

What does that have to do with my question?

I never seen your question.

To be funny.

No.

So what?

24,000 existing manuscripts.

To be funny.

No.

So what?

Are you pretty satisfied with your accomplishments here tonight?

To be funny.

No.

So what?

Let's get back on track to the topic at hand. I still say God is wrong on the topic of homosexuality. Wouldn't you at least agree with me on that?

There is just no way that every homosexual has a worthless mind that is incapable of knowing right from wrong. It just doesn't seem fair that we can so simplistically conclude that homosexuals are 100% untrustworthy just because an anonymous book is claimed to be written by an invisible magic being with human attributes. Surely nobody is falling for that one just because gay sex seems so yucky to the average person. God has to be wrong on this one.

However, it does appear at least 8 people so far are stupid enough to agree with God on this subject.

God is completely fucking wrong on this one and most American Christians agree with me. Well. Not really Christians but pretend Christians. The real Christians believe the Bible thus have an unjustified fear of homosexuals because of what God says in Romans chapter 1.

How can anybody be a Christian? It is utterly disgusting to believe this filth about homosexuals.

Ignore the Bible please. It is wrong. What else is it wrong about?

Last edited:

To be funny.

No.

And all they did was confirm what had already been orthodox since the beginnings. They couldn't change anything in the texts even if they wanted to, too many copies to be cross-checked and their own churches would have tossed them out. they weren't afraid of Roman emperors, not in the least; many of them had already been severely tortured, the Council looked like a gathering of crippled beggars. Who would have been the 'elitists', exactly?

To be funny.

No.

And all they did was confirm what had already been orthodox since the beginnings. They couldn't change anything in the texts even if they wanted to, too many copies to be cross-checked and their own churches would have tossed them out. they weren't afraid of Roman emperors, not in the least; many of them had already been severely tortured, the Council looked like a gathering of crippled beggars. Who would have been the 'elitists', exactly?

Let me go see who the Emperor was at the time.

To be funny.

No.

Constantine 1 was the Emperor at the time. He was a known graduate from the School of Plato. Plato was a strong advocate of a philosopher-king who was chosen solely based upon his intellectual capabilities. It is highly likely that Constantine would only tolerate the cream of the crop to hold any position of authority. These were highly intellectual men. Even if you don't believe that then surely the evidence is sufficient to prove the Council of Nicaea accomplished the greatest intellectual chievement ever imposed upon mankind.

If you disagree then please tell me the second most influential book of all time.

To be funny.

No.

Heh. Didn't I say you argue religion with atheists? Now that vasuderatorrent is turning atheist, you have to debate him. What did you argue when he was Baptist or whatever religion he had on speed dial?

So what?

Let's get back on track to the topic at hand. I still say God is wrong on the topic of homosexuality. Wouldn't you at least agree with me on that?

There is just no way that every homosexual has a worthless mind that is incapable of knowing right from wrong. It just doesn't seem fair that we can so simplistically conclude that homosexuals are 100% untrustworthy just because an anonymous book is claimed to be written by an invisible magic being with human attributes. Surely nobody is falling for that one just because gay sex seems so yucky to the average person. God has to be wrong on this one.

However, it does appear at least 8 people so far are stupid enough to agree with God on this subject.

God is completely fucking wrong on this one and most American Christians agree with me. Well. Not really Christians but pretend Christians. The real Christians believe the Bible thus have an unjustified fear of homosexuals because of what God says in Romans chapter 1.

How can anybody be a Christian? It is utterly disgusting to believe this filth about homosexuals.

Ignore the Bible please. It is wrong. What else is it wrong about?

100% Troll

How about a "don't care" option? I never particularly cared for Paul's opinions, one way or another.
Paul’s opinions...alrighty then

Figures pee brain would agree with you

Well, they were/are Paul's opinions. Paul. Timothy. John of Patmos' electric koolaid acid trip. There is a lot more out there, and who knows how much is still underneath the desert. Nobody has ever had a direct red phone to the desk of the Supreme Being. So Constantine had a committee, that did his bidding in deciding what books went into the canon.
In essence, the bible is man’s hate, not ‘god’s’ word.

I'm not sure that I would use the word "hate," but it definitely is an attempt to control society by establishing one interpretation as the "correct" one in a society in which literacy was not all that common, especially among women, so there is no real way to know what people at the time were thinking. There were many different views based on a belief in Jesus at the time, and Constantine's committee sought to establish their own views as the baseline. Then Christians have spent the last 2,000 years screaming "heretic!" at each other. Gnostics? Massacred Cathars? Tortured and murdered "witches"? What a swamp!

BTW: a question that I have thought about a lot is how to link these doings in the Middle East and the Roman Empire with the thoughts of people all over the world, who were living in societies that date back to ancient times on all continents, like India and China, for example. A Supreme Being who might insert him/her/self (I hate awkward English pronouns) into the lives of Middle Easterners might also have had something to say to all of the other folks on earth. Stands of reason.
Christians spending the last 2,000 years persecuting "heretics," engaging in massacres, torture, and murder – yes, hate is the correct word.

As to your second paragraph, that the Abrahamic religions were relegated to the Near and Middle East, North Africa, and Europe, to the exclusion of other parts of the globe, is further proof that those religions were the creation of man, not an omnipotent deity.

Yes, I personally know people who used to engage in homosexual conduct and who repented of it and abandoned it.

The gay rights folks don't like to talk about the tens of thousands of people who have left the gay lifestyle. The website of the organization Parents and Friends of Ex-Gay (PFOX) is one good place to find accounts of people who have done this.

Parents and Friends of Ex-Gays & Gays (PFOX) - Help, hope & community for ex-gays, parents, friends

Why is it so necessary for heterosexuals to force LGBTs into the heterosexual lifestyle? There seems to be an obsession here.
It’s necessary for most conservative heterosexuals to force LGBTs into the heterosexual lifestyle; the obsession is the consequence of the authoritarianism common to most on the right, conservatives’ fear of dissent and diversity, and their desire to compel conformity and demonize dissent.

Forum List

Back