Debate Now Republican candidates discussion, Conservative/libertarian/tea party only

I was pretty underwhelmed by it all in general I guess. Maybe it's just too much same old same old. I thought however that Bush was the rude one and inappropriately took potshots at Trump. I didn't see Cruz as the rude one but there was no inspiration, no thrill to possibilities, etc. Again same old same old with him seeming to try too hard to come across as tough. Fiorina and Carson I though neither helped themselves nor hurt themselves but you're right, Carson should have called the moderator on what was clearly an ad hominem and 'gotcha' question; though perhaps it was classier just to let the audience take care of it with loud boos which they did. Kasich would have made a better impression if he didn't seem so desperate to say everything he knew all at once and went way over his allotted time too often. Rubio was as solid as ever without any stumbles, if I could just get past the impression that he is reciting a memorized script. He never seems to really be speaking from conviction. But all in all it was a decent debate with a minimum of baiting questions from the moderators.

Underwhelmed is a neat way to put it. If it is just who is going to get a bump in polls I would say Christie is the only one. Jeb is done, Kasich and Paul need to go. Ben will get some support but he is not going to be the nominee. A pause over the holidays will be welcome. Most of the rabble rousers in my family live to far away to make,it for,Christmas, so I think the conversations will be very civil. Merry Christmas!

Rules for this thread....

you must support conservative, libertarian or Tea Party beliefs and candidates.....

If you have a republican in clown face as your avatar you cannot post in this thread...

If you are a known anti Republican, Tea Party hater, you cannot post in this thread.....

This thread is for the debate of Republican Presidential Candidates from those who actually support the opponents of the democrats....I say that as a person who only votes republican because the libertarians can't get enough people elected to make a difference, perhaps Rand Paul will change that....
All the GOP candidates suck ass with no exceptions.

you must support conservative, libertarian or Tea Party beliefs and candidates.....

If you have a republican in clown face as your avatar you cannot post in this thread...

If you are a known anti Republican, Tea Party hater, you cannot post in this thread.....

This thread is for the debate of Republican Presidential Candidates from those who actually support the opponents of the democrats....I say that as a person who only votes republican because the libertarians can't get enough people elected to make a difference, perhaps Rand Paul will change that....

So who are you supporting?

I havent made up my mind yet.

But will you support a Republican at all? Since they all 'suck ass with no exceptions' as you say? Is there a Tea Party independent or Libertarian you can vote for if that person is the nominee?

But will you support a Republican at all? Since they all 'suck ass with no exceptions' as you say? Is there a Tea Party independent or Libertarian you can vote for if that person is the nominee?

It depends.

It depends.

The thread rules require you to support somebody who will be a Tea Party, Republican, or conservative candidate in the 2016 election. I can say without equivocation that I will be supporting a Tea party, Republican, or conservative candidate, i.e. somebody who opposes the Democrat candidates, in the 2016 election though I don't know which of the candidates that will be yet.

Can you say that for yourself? If not, you are posting illegally in this thread per the thread rules.

Graham has called it quits. Thank God. Now I don't have to worry about some cataclysmic stroke of fate that would leave him the last one standing because I don't know if I could hold my nose tight enough to vote for him. I have my preferences among the others, but I am absolutely positive every single one of them would make a far better President than anybody the Democrats are offering, and any one of the GOP hopefuls would do far less damage to the country.

I just read that George Pataki has also now hung it up. That leaves only Huckabee for the pre-debate table I think. And since the media continues to fall all over themselves to report, criticize, flame, or otherwise comment on whatever Donald Trump says, tweets, or communicates via body language, I don't see how any of the low end people can gain any traction because they get almost no coverage or face time.

On the other hand, Trey Gowdy formally endorsed Rubio this week. It will be interesting to see if that changes any of the numbers because Trey is seen as a rising star and is highly respected by a lot of politically astute Republicans.

I just read that George Pataki has also now hung it up. That leaves only Huckabee for the pre-debate table I think. And since the media continues to fall all over themselves to report, criticize, flame, or otherwise comment on whatever Donald Trump says, tweets, or communicates via body language, I don't see how any of the low end people can gain any traction because they get almost no coverage or face time.

On the other hand, Trey Gowdy formally endorsed Rubio this week. It will be interesting to see if that changes any of the numbers because Trey is seen as a rising star and is highly respected by a lot of politically astute Republicans.

Trey Gowdy just hurt himself pretty badly. Rubio is seen as the next establishment candidate who supports illegal immigration…..

I will vote for Ted Cruz in theFlorida Primary, and whomever runs against the Hildabeast in the general, unless it's Jeb Bush.

I will vote Cruz in Illinois, and Trump after he gets the nomination……..or anything breathing over hilary…..you know what……even if it is an inanimate object I will vote for it over hilary.

I don't hold Rubio in too much disrespect simply because of the amnesty thing. Remember that the POTUS isn't Caesar and cannot do whatever he wants to. Rubio is a decent man and a decent candidate. He'll do a much better job than Obama, Hillary, or Jeb Bush.

I don't hold Rubio in too much disrespect simply because of the amnesty thing. Remember that the POTUS isn't Caesar and cannot do whatever he wants to. Rubio is a decent man and a decent candidate. He'll do a much better job than Obama, Hillary, or Jeb Bush.

If it is Rubio over hilary I will vote Rubio…I just don't trust him. Not that I trust any of them, but his views on immigration are going to wreck the country. As Rush pointed out and I agree with……they should make the illegals legal…but not give them the vote for 25 years…I would say 30 years…..and then see how much enthusiasm the democrats have for legalizing illegals….

I also would cast my vote for Trump if Cruz is out.

Again, remember that the POTUS isn't the supreme ruler. Trump may talk trash but his head is in the right place on several key issues.

I would prefer that Cruz make the next Supreme Court appointments though……we have Alito, Scalia, and Thomas…the only ones holding the line, and they are old. The next President may appoint a few on he left and maybe replace one or more on the right….and that could be a disaster if hilary is in office or a President who doesn't understand the Court.

My choices and why:

1. Ted Cruz - rock solid conservative. I believe he will do the things he says because for the most part, he has already tried to do them as senator.

2. (Tie) Donald Trump and Marco Rubio. If for some reason Cruz is out of the race, I will have a decision to make. On the one hand, Rubio is a conservative with experience, and on the other, The Donald is a leader with experience.

3. Ben Carson - solid conservative, but doesn't inspire confidence.

4. All the rest of them except:

5. Jeb Bush - I could never vote for this guy, likely even if it's against Hillary. He's no different than Hillary in my mind. But the main sticking point is what Bush did in Florida when his daddy was POTUS.

Forum List

Back