Republican Debate live thread Jan 23

Newt is very smart.

He got the contract out of the way as quickly as possible and answered questions tonight.

Tomorrow, Romney will release his tax return and THAT will be all the buzz, while Newt's contract will be old news.

Tactically very smart.

Got the contract out of the way? lol.

The man was absolutely speechless when confronted on it. He was completely taken aback.

No he hasn't gotten it out of the way. Not in the least.

This might be the most boring debate so far.

Zero for NBC.

I thought the point of these debates was to get information. Not to be entertained.

I thought we were trying to find someone who will beat Obama in an election, not entertain us the most.

Newt is very smart.

He got the contract out of the way as quickly as possible and answered questions tonight.

Tomorrow, Romney will release his tax return and THAT will be all the buzz, while Newt's contract will be old news.

Tactically very smart.
I agree, if there are any bombs waiting to go off in Mitt's tax return. I don't think there will be any.

Newt is very smart.

Tactically very smart.
I agree, if there are any bombs waiting to go off in Mitt's tax return. I don't think there will be any.

It's a tax return. When have there ever been bombs go off in a tax return?

Zero for NBC.

I thought the point of these debates was to get information. Not to be entertained.

I thought we were trying to find someone who will beat Obama in an election, not entertain us the most.

Wait! Isn't that A-N-Y-O-N-E?

Just because almost anyone could be better than Obama doesn't mean everyone should be considered. We should vote for the best.

Newt is very smart.

Tactically very smart.

It's a tax return. When have there ever been bombs go off in a tax return?
If he's hiding money in overseas accounts in order to avoid taxes, I would call that a bomb.

Did anyone else notice that nowhere in Newt's contract does it say that he was hired as an 'historian'? :lol:

The latest in a 30+ year Washington career of lies.

What history would be paid millions of dollars?

If i knew a historian could make that much I would have stayed in history.

Man the Republican party needs to split and start over... this is bullshit, liberals leading the party 4 years ago and again today.

And that is simply because there are not enough conservatives in this country to sustain a major party.

I'm a Liberal, but I'm not stupid enough to declare that this is a Liberal country.

Conservatives ARE stupid enough to declare this a conservative country.

And every election proves them wrong.

Did anyone else notice that nowhere in Newt's contract does it say that he was hired as an 'historian'? :lol:

Easier question: why would Freddie Mac need or want to hire an historian?

It's absurd on the face of it.

Zero for NBC.

You're too serious too often. Many people, including me, find politics enjoyable. It is possible to find enjoyment in serious issues. Unless of course you're too serious to enjoy it.

Loosen up. The debate WAS very boring. Many mundane questions that really don't matter made it that way. Allowing the top two to claw at each other for minutes on end like two teenagers produced NOTHING tangible for the voters to take away from it other than NBC's willingness to let it degrade to that level to begin with. Props to them for keeping the crowd in check but that's about all they got right in my opinion.

For instance when Brian asked Santorum about his ideas on Iran he added in his own idea of months and months of endless bombing for what purpose. I couldn't believe Santorum didn't call Brian on that bullshit because NONE of our candidates have ever said anything close to that.

This is what stands out to me.

Mitt and Newt keep trying to set some "rule" as to what is off limits, what's gone too far and what is allowed to be talked about, like Newt's X wife.
Santorum has been attacked but he is not important enough to mention.

Obama and his PAC's won't give a fuck.

Notice how not a single person attacks Paul on anything but foreign policy? Paul does not try and avoid it, he charges right in and get's support.

If we really end up with Newt as the nomine this will be one f the funniest elections in US history.

To bad they didn't listen to Ron Paul for fuckin FREEEE! Could have saved a huge bubble crash and hundreds of billions of dollars.... FOR FUCKIN FREEEEEE.

Zero for NBC.

You're too serious too often. Many people, including me, find politics enjoyable. It is possible to find enjoyment in serious issues. Unless of course you're too serious to enjoy it.

Loosen up. The debate WAS very boring. Many mundane questions that really don't matter made it that way. Allowing the top two to claw at each other for minutes on end like two teenagers produced NOTHING tangible for the voters to take away from it other than NBC's willingness to let it degrade to that level to begin with. Props to them for keeping the crowd in check but that's about all they got right in my opinion.

For instance when Brian asked Santorum about his ideas on Iran he added in his own idea of months and months of endless bombing for what purpose. I couldn't believe Santorum didn't call Brian on that bullshit because NONE of our candidates have ever said anything close to that.

I didn't find it boring at all. But I'm not a fan of professional wrestling, don't think 'Jackass' is entertaining, and have never watched 'Punked'.

To bad they didn't listen to Ron Paul for fuckin FREEEE! Could have saved a huge bubble crash and hundreds of billions of dollars.... FOR FUCKIN FREEEEEE.
America would be a hell of a lot better off if Bush had listened to Paul.

I didn't find it boring at all. But I'm not a fan of professional wrestling, don't think 'Jackass' is entertaining, and have never watched 'Punked'.

I agree. If debates were more fair about time and letting everyone answer the questions along with no WWF style booing and cheering I think we would have a completely different felid of candidates. For instance, this was one of Newts and Mitt's worst debates and Santorum and Paul's best.

Basically, if you have to answer the fuckin questions and not try to get a crowd reaction the answers are near 100% different. In fact you have something that resembles a debate.

I see Mitt and Newt as hulk Hogan and Macho man randy savage in the "normal" debates.

Forum List

Back