🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Republican Ken Buck Says Being Gay Is A Choice, And Also Like Alcoholism

WRONG

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG

They are individual findings that have not been reproduced or deemed as factual by the scientific community... if it WERE scientifically proven, you and your little homosexual friends would have had it ALL OVER the mainstream media and all in the court system.... the fact is that you have a couple of scientists stating something, posting incomplete findings into some scattered press outlets...

As stated... it is either natural (genetic), learned behavior/psychopathology, or choice... as a choice so be it, I don't give a shit... but a choice does not gain you preferential treatment, hence why your community does not support this.... and as a genetic abnormality or deviant pathology, as in other such things, CURES ARE SOUGHT... but funny that such a thing is not embraced if homosexuality is indeed PROVEN To be either one of these things... why??? because of your agenda.. plain and simple

Dave I'm going to appeal to what I had previously thought was some common sense on your part. You know you and I agree on lot of things; following the constitution, the economy, small government. etc. But your views on homosexuality are an example of what the right wing politicians need to drop from their agenda if they want to get a foothold of control in congress. It's a losing battle and it's a morally wrong battle.

I get your point that people should not have the right to assign themselves as certain things for the purpose of gaining preferential treatment from the government, and I agree, but that is a separate issue. It's makes more sense to tackle that problem from the persepctive why government needs to make those distinctions in the first place. Look at it another way. I'm not gay, you're not gay, but there would be financial benefits to you and I being recognized as married by the government. Has nothing to do with love or romance, it's just a mutually beneficial business arrangment. So, since government really can't prove two people love each other, to me the solution would be get government out of it. For tax purposes everyone should be treated as an individual which I think you agree with.

But as to actually being gay being a choice. I appeal to what I percieved to be some common sense in you. Common sense says it's not a choice. Proof? I ask you the same question I asked the two bigots on here. Could you choose to FEEL attracted to a man?

I am a product of my experiences.. and my choice to be attracted to and marry a fiery redhead did not come from my genetics.. but my experiences, stimuli, actions, etc along the way... I also have made the conscious choice never to date a redhead again after my divorce... hence changing my realm of attraction... my experiences and the patterns of my life to this point, as well as the beliefs I choose, would make it highly improbable that I would choose to be attracted to a man... but much like Pavlov's dog, you can lead a subject to a behavior... and much like prisoners in jail choosing to act in a homosexual manner, the choice can be made whether all do so or not

We are a product of what has transpired in our lives until this point.. and our choices are based on experiences, knowledge, training, and so many other things.... and because someone FEELS that their actions are natural, does not make it genetic... and until complete scientific proof would show me otherwise, I put homosexuality in a place between learned behavior/psychopathology and conscious choice...

And if shown to be a genetic abnormality.. as with other genetic abnormalities, I welcome research into a cure or treatment so that parents of afflicted children and adults afflicted with the abnormality could try and cure or prevent it.. just like research into treatment or prevention of things such as Downs Syndrome, Klinefelter's syndrome, Proteus syndrome, or whatever else

then your attraction to redhead's isn't a choice at all if it is a product of your experience. If what you say is true then at birth we are neither homosexual or heterosexual, correct?

You didn't answer my question either.

Where did these feelings originate? I was not abused, did not have a bad experience with a man, had a completely normal childhood, have parents who are still married to each other, etc, etc. So what is your explanation?

I feel so sorry for your parents.

I'm sure they have a strong sense of guilt and shame that you entered into a perverted lifestyle.

And feel that they failed as parents.

Many times on the news. They will interview friends and relatives of child molesters and serial killers.

Many had perfectly normal childhoods. And were model children. Straight A students, Eagle Scouts, etc.

Which goes to show that parents many times are not the cause of kids who becomming degenerates or sexual deviants such as yourself.

I'm sure yours are equally disappointed in you for becoming a terroist muslim who teaches children to strap bombs to their chest.
My parents are both deceased.........

Dave I'm going to appeal to what I had previously thought was some common sense on your part. You know you and I agree on lot of things; following the constitution, the economy, small government. etc. But your views on homosexuality are an example of what the right wing politicians need to drop from their agenda if they want to get a foothold of control in congress. It's a losing battle and it's a morally wrong battle.

I get your point that people should not have the right to assign themselves as certain things for the purpose of gaining preferential treatment from the government, and I agree, but that is a separate issue. It's makes more sense to tackle that problem from the persepctive why government needs to make those distinctions in the first place. Look at it another way. I'm not gay, you're not gay, but there would be financial benefits to you and I being recognized as married by the government. Has nothing to do with love or romance, it's just a mutually beneficial business arrangment. So, since government really can't prove two people love each other, to me the solution would be get government out of it. For tax purposes everyone should be treated as an individual which I think you agree with.

But as to actually being gay being a choice. I appeal to what I percieved to be some common sense in you. Common sense says it's not a choice. Proof? I ask you the same question I asked the two bigots on here. Could you choose to FEEL attracted to a man?

I am a product of my experiences.. and my choice to be attracted to and marry a fiery redhead did not come from my genetics.. but my experiences, stimuli, actions, etc along the way... I also have made the conscious choice never to date a redhead again after my divorce... hence changing my realm of attraction... my experiences and the patterns of my life to this point, as well as the beliefs I choose, would make it highly improbable that I would choose to be attracted to a man... but much like Pavlov's dog, you can lead a subject to a behavior... and much like prisoners in jail choosing to act in a homosexual manner, the choice can be made whether all do so or not

We are a product of what has transpired in our lives until this point.. and our choices are based on experiences, knowledge, training, and so many other things.... and because someone FEELS that their actions are natural, does not make it genetic... and until complete scientific proof would show me otherwise, I put homosexuality in a place between learned behavior/psychopathology and conscious choice...

And if shown to be a genetic abnormality.. as with other genetic abnormalities, I welcome research into a cure or treatment so that parents of afflicted children and adults afflicted with the abnormality could try and cure or prevent it.. just like research into treatment or prevention of things such as Downs Syndrome, Klinefelter's syndrome, Proteus syndrome, or whatever else

then your attraction to redhead's isn't a choice at all if it is a product of your experience. If what you say is true then at birth we are neither homosexual or heterosexual, correct?

Could I choose to change my personal sexual preferences to whatever degree... yes.. as shown, it is done by many in many situations... do I see myself doing any of that? Nope.. We also can change our FEELINGS in many aspects of our lives through conditioning

I believe every man and woman is genetically programed within the species to reproduce... and the only way to do that as a species without technology is thru heterosexual behavior... hence we are genetically heterosexual.. we are xx or xy... except those with proven genetic abnormalities such as being a hermaphrodite or the rare xxy (which does not effect sexuality but aggression, as some research shows)

But while I have been put on a path of likes, dislikes, fears, turn ons, etc thru experience.. I have also made the conscious choice not to be attracted to redheads anymore... I have a complete aversion to them now

WRONG

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG

They are individual findings that have not been reproduced or deemed as factual by the scientific community... if it WERE scientifically proven, you and your little homosexual friends would have had it ALL OVER the mainstream media and all in the court system.... the fact is that you have a couple of scientists stating something, posting incomplete findings into some scattered press outlets...

As stated... it is either natural (genetic), learned behavior/psychopathology, or choice... as a choice so be it, I don't give a shit... but a choice does not gain you preferential treatment, hence why your community does not support this.... and as a genetic abnormality or deviant pathology, as in other such things, CURES ARE SOUGHT... but funny that such a thing is not embraced if homosexuality is indeed PROVEN To be either one of these things... why??? because of your agenda.. plain and simple

Do you like being straight? Has it ever occurred to you gay folks like being gay?
1st year Med School: A genetic disorder is an illness caused by abnormalities in genes. Homosexuality is not an illness or disease so it is never is a genetic abnormality or disorder.
Your life history is great to read but you know nothing about genetics so stay away from what you do not know.
Accordingly, your entire thesis is invalid and wihout fact, foundation or merit.

Could I choose to change my personal sexual preferences to whatever degree... yes.. as shown, it is done by many in many situations... do I see myself doing any of that? Nope.. We also can change our FEELINGS in many aspects of our lives through conditioning

I believe every man and woman is genetically programed within the species to reproduce... and the only way to do that as a species without technology is thru heterosexual behavior... hence we are genetically heterosexual.. we are xx or xy... except those with proven genetic abnormalities such as being a hermaphrodite or the rare xxy (which does not effect sexuality but aggression, as some research shows)

But while I have been put on a path of likes, dislikes, fears, turn ons, etc thru experience.. I have also made the conscious choice not to be attracted to redheads anymore... I have a complete aversion to them now

Tell us about your first experience with sexual attraction. Was that during puberty and how long did you ponder being attracted to males over females?
Explain that one to us in detail. Was the male you were comtemplating also a firey red head?
It never happens that way with homosexuals or heterosexuals. Give it up. Never in a million years. You know it, I know it and everyone knows it.

Do you like being straight? Has it ever occurred to you gay folks like being gay?
1st year Med School: A genetic disorder is an illness caused by abnormalities in genes. Homosexuality is not an illness or disease so it is never is a genetic abnormality or disorder.
Your life history is great to read but you know nothing about genetics so stay away from what you do not know.
Accordingly, your entire thesis is invalid and wihout fact, foundation or merit.

Wow.. you can wiki.. mom must be proud

Do not forget you can have genetic disorders that are not 'illnesses' or diseases... Downs, Tourettes, etc
http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/inherited+disorder

Your assumption/thesis is invalid without the scientific proof to back it up... and as shown, there is no complete scientific proof that homosexuality is genetic

I feel so sorry for your parents.

I'm sure they have a strong sense of guilt and shame that you entered into a perverted lifestyle.

And feel that they failed as parents.

Many times on the news. They will interview friends and relatives of child molesters and serial killers.

Many had perfectly normal childhoods. And were model children. Straight A students, Eagle Scouts, etc.

Which goes to show that parents many times are not the cause of kids who becomming degenerates or sexual deviants such as yourself.

I'm sure yours are equally disappointed in you for becoming a terroist muslim who teaches children to strap bombs to their chest.
My parents are both deceased.........

What's your point? That they can't be disappointed in their terroist, child indoctrinating son simply because their dead?

Do not forget you can have genetic disorders that are not 'illnesses' or diseases... Downs, Tourettes, etc
inherited disorder - definition of inherited disorder in the Medical dictionary - by the Free Online Medical Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Your assumption/thesis is invalid without the scientific proof to back it up... and as shown, there is no complete scientific proof that homosexuality is genetic

You couldn't just humor them, could you?

inherited disorder - definition of inherited disorder in the Medical dictionary - by the Free Online Medical Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Didn't say it was, you did.
And I don't wiki. Great dodge there bud, similar to a monkey running away that is on fire.I am a 56 year old redneck from rural Georgia that votes Republican 95% of the time. I am a Goldwater Republican, a true conservative. I also go by life experiences. After working with gay cops, district attorneys, doctors, lawyers, homicide detectives, private detectives, CPAs, medical examiners, etc. for the last 35 years I can tell you that they are not wanting a "cure" as they state there is no cure. They like who they are and state without a doubt that they were born that way.
Were you born gay or straight Dave? Tell us about your first sexual attraction to men and why you "chose" women".

I was born straight. Now if you want to make an argument how you contemplated both schlong and snatch at one time in your life before finally choosing one over the other, have at it. I am very interested in hearing that. It never worked that way with me Dave. Never chose anything and I, unlike you, never contemplated being with men. Please explain to us how that works. You do know that you have to have choices to make a choice. I never had a choice. My sexual attraction has always been straight. Same with homosexuals.
These professional folks I speak of are all around my age and older. They could give a shit about being accepted. They ARE accepted in their professions. Accordingly, they state the truth when they state they WERE BORN THAT WAY.
Now play psychic and tell us why they state that.

Tell us about your first experience with sexual attraction. Was that during puberty and how long did you ponder being attracted to males over females?
Explain that one to us in detail. Was the male you were comtemplating also a firey red head?
It never happens that way with homosexuals or heterosexuals. Give it up. Never in a million years. You know it, I know it and everyone knows it.

My first experience with sexual attraction... probably a campground shower facility in 78 or so... actually catching a couple doing it... seeing what the male was enjoying doing to the female, and seeing that this is what guys do... followed by finding my uncle's playboy collection in his basement... followed by a girl in my school planting my first kiss on me...

So since I was already seeing and experiencing things such as this... I did not contemplate any male for dating or whatever else...

Now.. you do have little things like fetishism.. a behavior proven to derive from sexual stimulation in the early years of life (for an infant can be stimulated as well) and enhanced by later choices and actions... and yes, homosexuality does resemble a fetish, now doesn't it

... and yes, homosexuality does resemble a fetish, now doesn't it

I thought that was where your Bisexuals get their excuse.

Queers are just fucked in their hard-wiring. They have no choice but to be attracted to members of their own sex.

Then I have to call a spade and spade and say your lieing...either to me or yourself. Seriously you could choose to get a boner by thinking about a guy? Good for you, cause I can't. If you could you may need to stop thinking about whether gay is a chouce and start thinking about whether you're just plain gay yourself.

One's gender (xx or XY) and one's sexual orientation are two different things. There can't be a genetic predispostion to one sexual orientation but not another. You have a contradiction in that you have also contended that homosexuality is the result of life experience and exposures, but heterosexuality is not? That doesn't make any sense.

But a psychologist would tell you while you may choose not to associate with them, your aversion to them is not a choice. It is the result of an experience with them. Something in your brain changed such that you no longer find them attractive. Different parts of the brain are responsible for different feelings and how things are experienced. Some of that stuff is wired in your intitial development in the womb, some of it occurs later, some of it is ever evolving. What is illogical to conclude is that it is not possible for the part of the brain that controls attraction to be wired differently before one is even born. If it is wired one way as you contend to insure procreation of the speices, than it is possible for it to be wired such that people are attracted to the same sex as well.

Last edited:

My first experience with sexual attraction... probably a campground shower facility in 78 or so... actually catching a couple doing it... seeing what the male was enjoying doing to the female, and seeing that this is what guys do... followed by finding my uncle's playboy collection in his basement... followed by a girl in my school planting my first kiss on me...

So since I was already seeing and experiencing things such as this... I did not contemplate any male for dating or whatever else...

Now.. you do have little things like fetishism.. a behavior proven to derive from sexual stimulation in the early years of life (for an infant can be stimulated as well) and enhanced by later choices and actions... and yes, homosexuality does resemble a fetish, now doesn't it

Dave, that sounds like the stuff I used to say years ago. Almost verbatim.
So every child needs to see a straight couple fucking and read Playboys and that determines sexuality.
And males and females that do not see a straight coupke fucking and do not see naked photos of the opposite sex become gay.
HAHAHA, but I used to say almost the same stupid shit Dave when I was also young and dumb so we will give you a pass.
Wonder how folks in ancient times became gay?
LOL, Dave, you are out there buddy. Give it up, you make zero sense. One day you will look back and see how stupid your argument is/was.

So you are contending that before this time you were neither heterosexal or homosexual?

Are you also contending that had you seen a couple of guys doing it in the shower, it would have compelled you to become gay instead?

Queers are just fucked in their hard-wiring. They have no choice but to be attracted to members of their own sex.

Glad we finally cleared that up. Though if that's what you think, you're reaction to it is rather peculiar and illogical. It doesn't make any sense to carry around the disdain and prejudice of this group of people like you do if they don't have a choice in the way they are. Generally speaking when people have other conditions out of their control with a more negative impact on their lives (down syndrome, cancer, etc.) we tend to show compassion for those people.

Glad we finally cleared that up. Though if that's what you think, you're reaction to it is rather peculiar and illogical. It doesn't make any sense to carry around the disdain and prejudice of this group of people like you do if they don't have a choice in the way they are. Generally speaking when people have other conditions out of their control with a more negative impact on their lives (down syndrome, cancer, etc.) we tend to show compassion for those people.

You haven't read my posts if you think I have anything less than pity for mutants. But it doesn't mean I want my kids to hang out with them, or to be given the impression that their behaviour is "natural."

You haven't read my posts if you think I have anything less than pity for mutants. But it doesn't mean I want my kids to hang out with them, or to be given the impression that their behaviour is "natural."

I have read many of your posts and the way speak of them isn't pity. It's prejudice. It amazes me how tough bigots talk, yet don't have the balls to admitting they are in fact bigots.

Last edited:
Like I said though.. funny how people love to put research into ending things such as cancer or Downs Syndrome or Proteus syndrome, etc.. but mention curing homosexuality, and you'll have the whole agenda driven activists in an uproar

So you are contending that before this time you were neither heterosexal or homosexual?

Are you also contending that had you seen a couple of guys doing it in the shower, it would have compelled you to become gay instead?

Contending that before that time I had no experience with anything sexual.. hence no sexual impulses.. but as stated, each person is either XX or XY without a genetic abnormality... and that is hard wired for the propagation of the species

If exposed to it.. who knows what I would have started thinking... as a young person inexperienced in anything pertaining to sexuality, I could have easily thought it to be normal.. with parents who would say it is OK, I could have accepted the behavior to be learned as normal.. so yes, many things can imprint upon us which we go back on when making decisions... why I am anxious around the sound of a train whistle? Don't mean it's genetic... Why do I find huge breasts repulsive? Don't mean it's genetic... Why do I find women with a prominent birthmark attractive? Don't mean it's genetic... Why have I always been repulsed by the texture of mushrooms? Don't mean it's genetic... but can I take actions to 'get over' all of these things if I so choose? Yep

Like I said though.. funny how people love to put research into ending things such as cancer or Downs Syndrome or Proteus syndrome, etc.. but mention curing homosexuality, and you'll have the whole agenda driven activists in an uproar

If you advocated preventing Downs Syndrome, Bern would be the first to call you a bigot and organise a DEMONSTRATION in San Franciso where the entire GLBT community would march down Height Street in their Speedos and Boas

Forum List

Back