🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Republican Ken Buck Says Being Gay Is A Choice, And Also Like Alcoholism

There is plenty of scientific evidence that supports the contention that being gay isn't a choice...and I'll provide it as soon as I hit the miracle 15 post mile. You could google it if you had the "inclination".

I am speaking from personal experience. Eyewitness testimony still holds up in court doesn't it?

No... as shown on here with little offshoot studies and all in the past... there is no overall evidence beyond the whacko claims of a few small studies, which does not constitute proof... you have scientists out there claiming T-Rex is a carnivore hunter, others that say scavenger, and others that say opportunist... all of which are unproven theories... much as your claim is...

Nice try....

Please cite collaborated proof of a gay gene or admit it is a choice or learned behavior/pathology.... simple enough

Your feelings do not constitute proof in court

So scientists and studies are "whacko", but the contention that being gay, with absolutely ZERO proof of that, isn't "whacko"?

Now what scientific evidence do you have that proves sexual orientation itself is a choice, not acting on the natural inclinations, but those inclinations themselves?

There are animals that can change their gender at will and yet it is impossible for you to believe that sexual orientation isn't chosen?

When did you "choose" yours? Were you equally attracted to both men and women, but picked one? Did you ever consider the possibility that you are bisexual if you could have, indeed, "chosen"?

The gene doesn't matter here, only sexual orientation with degrees of deviency, which every heterosexual has. That being the case, DD has to agree that don't ask don't tell is a farce and discriminatory, as is no gay marriage. No one can say that the preferred sexual way of vagina/penis for procreation is correct. Afterall, there is hetero sexual masturbation that precedes the hetro union, and is always available for use.

You right wingers are hilarious. I told you you're racist and homophobes and sexist and you are always calling me a liar. Then you prove you ARE those things. Hilarious!

Republican Party 90% white and mostly Christian.

Only 6% of scientists are Republican and only 9% call themselves "conservative".

Personally, I think that last two numbers are vastly over inflated.

You're such a twat. Do you really think that "scientist" are going to admit that they are conservative, how about actors, why don't they tell the world that they are conservative? "Progressives" would throw them out of Hollywood, black ball them in the scientific community, "progressives" are amazingly vindictive...... they're kind of like Jackass Nazis.

Are you saying conservatives are "chicken"?

Charlton Heston was very conservative. So is Chuck Norris. Most actors don't discuss either their politics or their sex lives because their careers are built on public perception, dumbass.

As far as scientists, why on earth would you think many scientists would be Republican? Conservatives philosophy is all about ignorance and religion. Science is about learning and discovery, two things conservatives are against.

Try to reason things out.

Maybe that explains why homos have high alcoholism and drug abuse rates and high suicide rates. I know you'll blame that on the straights who make life hard for queers, but the fact is they are troubled people to begin with.

Have you found the person who discovered the gay gene yet?

What are you, 12 years old?

I'm asking you a serious question. If you can't answer it then be man enough to admit it. You claim homosexuality is determined before you are born. That would make it genetic. Tell us who discovered the gay gene. Thanks.

You right wingers are hilarious. I told you you're racist and homophobes and sexist and you are always calling me a liar. Then you prove you ARE those things. Hilarious!

Republican Party 90% white and mostly Christian.

Only 6% of scientists are Republican and only 9% call themselves "conservative".

Personally, I think that last two numbers are vastly over inflated.

You're such a twat. Do you really think that "scientist" are going to admit that they are conservative, how about actors, why don't they tell the world that they are conservative? "Progressives" would throw them out of Hollywood, black ball them in the scientific community, "progressives" are amazingly vindictive...... they're kind of like Jackass Nazis.

Charlton Heston was very conservative. So is Chuck Norris. Most actors don't discuss either their politics or their sex lives because their careers are built on public perception, dumbass.

As far as scientists, why on earth would you think many scientists would be Republican? Conservatives philosophy is all about ignorance and religion. Science is about learning and discovery, two things conservatives are against.

Einstein believed in Intelligent design, which means Einstein believed there is a creator. Was he ignorant?

It's either Defect or Chosen Deviation...

I Know LOTS of Sexual Deviants who are NOT Homosexual... Get it?

Are Orgies a Choice?

:)

peace...

How come you ran and dodged my questions like a monkey on fire?
You actually comtemplated being actively homosexual before choosing heterosexual?

Nope... I'm not Defective and I am Uninterested in Men Sexually...

You?

:)

peace...

Dude, you claim it is choice, not me.
There has to be MORE THAN ONE to choose from for it to be a choice.
If you are uninterested in men it is because YOU WERE BORN THAT WAY.
You know that is true but your ideology forces you to lie.
Pitiful.

Einstein believed in Intelligent design, which means Einstein believed there is a creator. Was he ignorant?

No he didn't

I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it. (Albert Einstein, 1954)

Last edited:

No he didn't

I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it. (Albert Einstein, 1954)

Yes, he did. Einstein believed in intelligent design. You're wrong. Now educate yourself.

No he didn't

Yes, he did. Einstein believed in intelligent design. You're wrong. Now educate yourself.

you forgot to stomp your feet.

asshat

No he didn't

The term intelligent design wasn't even around in Einstein's day, fool. That term was coined by the creationists after they lied in court and lost all the cases brought against them for teaching religion as science.
They changed creationism to ID and then got their ass kicked in the Dover case where they lied again in depositions and open court and a conservative Bush appointe Republican Federal judge called them liars and almost prosecuted them for perjury.

Einstein knew nothing and said nothing about intelligent design.
Keep making it up as you go Jackie. I love shooting fresh fish in a barrel.

No he didn't

you forgot to stomp your feet.

asshat

Go fuck yourself, you stinky little weasel.

Maybe that explains why homos have high alcoholism and drug abuse rates and high suicide rates. I know you'll blame that on the straights who make life hard for queers, but the fact is they are troubled people to begin with.

Have you found the person who discovered the gay gene yet?

I'm asking you a serious question. If you can't answer it then be man enough to admit it. You claim homosexuality is determined before you are born. That would make it genetic. Tell us who discovered the gay gene. Thanks.

Oh yeah, the cowardly bigot who wouldn't answer questions about the OT nor answer the question about the heterosexual gene demands answers.

So, if homosexuality is a choice, did you look at the naked man and decide to become aroused? Or are you scared about what you would find out?

No he didn't

The term intelligent design wasn't even around in Einstein's day, fool. That term was coined by the creationists after they lied in court and lost all the cases brought against them for teaching religion as science.
They changed creationism to ID and then got their ass kicked in the Dover case where they lied again in depositions and open court and a conservative Bush appointe Republican Federal judge called them liars and almost prosecuted them for perjury.

You're a fool.

In a 1930 essay entitled “What I Believe” Einstein wrote: “To sense that behind anything that can be experienced there is something that our minds cannot grasp, whose beauty and sublimity reaches us only indirectly: this is religiousness. In this sense, and in this sense only, I am a devoutly religious man” (Ibid. 47).

He also made the following statement in an essay entitled “The Religiousness of Science,” which appeared in a collection of his essays published in English under the title “The World As I See It”:

“The scientist is possessed by the sense of universal causation. His religious feeling takes the form of a rapturous amazement at the harmony of natural law, which reveals an INTELLIGENCE of such superiority that, compared with it, all the systematic thinking and acting of human beings is an utterly insignificant reflection. This feeling is the guiding principle of his life and work, in so far as he succeeds in keeping himself from the shackles of selfish desire” (Updike 2007: 77 [emphasis added]).

Einstein and Intelligent Design

No he didn't

you think Einstein believed in creationism?

:rofl:

damn... you ever consider a career as a fiction writer?

cause facts clearly aren't your thing.

Oh yeah, the cowardly bigot who wouldn't answer questions about the OT nor answer the question about the heterosexual gene demands answers.

So, if homosexuality is a choice, did you look at the naked man and decide to become aroused? Or are you scared about what you would find out?

Now you're reduced to lying. I answer every question I see directed to me. I don't come on here to follow every post. If you have a question then ask it when I'm here.

Yes, homosexuality is a choice. Glad to see you admit it. You can learn a lot if you open up your closed bigoted mind.

No he didn't

No..........Einstein believed in the cosmic watchmaker theory.

Intelligent design didn't actually come around until around 1984.

Origin of the concept
Further information: Argument from poor design, Teleological argument, and Watchmaker analogy
A marble bust based on a portrait ca. 370 BC of Plato. The teleological argument, or "argument from design", is an ancient one, held in some form by Plato and Aristotle.

Whether the order and complexity of nature indicates purposeful design has been the subject of debate since the Greeks. In the 4th century BCE, Plato posited a good and wise "demiurge" as the creator and first cause of the cosmos in his Timaeus.[14] In his Metaphysics, Aristotle developed the idea of an "Unmoved Mover".[15][16] In De Natura Deorum (On the Nature of the Gods, 45 BCE) Cicero wrote that "the divine power is to be found in a principle of reason which pervades the whole of nature."[17] This line of reasoning has come to be known as the teleological argument for the existence of God. Some well-known forms of it were expressed in the 13th century by Thomas Aquinas and in the 19th century by William Paley. Aquinas, in his Summa Theologiae, used the concept of design in his "fifth proof" for God's existence.[18]

In the early 19th century, Paley's argument from design in Natural Theology (1802), used the watchmaker analogy,[19] and such arguments led to the development of what was called natural theology, the study of nature as way of understanding "the mind of God". This movement fueled the passion for collecting fossils and other biological specimens, which ultimately led to Charles Darwin's On the Origin of Species (1859). Similar reasoning postulating a divine designer is embraced today by many believers in theistic evolution, who consider modern science and the theory of evolution to be compatible with the concept of a supernatural designer. In correspondence about the question with Asa Gray, Darwin wrote that "I cannot honestly go as far as you do about Design. I am conscious that I am in an utterly hopeless muddle. I cannot think that the world, as we see it, is the result of chance; & yet I cannot look at each separate thing as the result of Design."[20] Though he had studied Paley's work while at university, by the end of his life he came to regard it as useless for scientific development.[21]

Intelligent design in the late 20th and early 21st century is a development of natural theology that seeks to change the basis of science and undermine evolutionary theory.[n 9] As evolutionary theory expanded to explain more phenomena, the examples held up as evidence of design changed, though the essential argument remains the same: complex systems imply a designer. Past examples have included the eye and the feathered wing; current examples are typically biochemical: protein functions, blood clotting, and bacterial flagella; see irreducible complexity.

Philosopher Barbara Forrest writes that the intelligent design movement began in 1984 with the publication by Jon A. Buell's the Foundation for Thought and Ethics of The Mystery of Life's Origin by Charles B. Thaxton, a chemist and creationist. Thaxton held a conference in 1988, "Sources of Information Content in DNA," which attracted creationists such as Stephen C. Meyer. Forrest writes that, in December 1988, Thaxton decided to use the term "intelligent design," instead of creationism, for the movement.[22]

In March 1986 a review by Meyer used information theory to suggest that messages transmitted by DNA in the cell show "specified complexity" specified by intelligence, and must have originated with an intelligent agent.[23] In November of that year Thaxton described his reasoning as a more sophisticated form of Paley's argument from design.[24] At the Sources of Information Content in DNA conference in 1988 he said that his intelligent cause view was compatible with both metaphysical naturalism and supernaturalism,[25]

Intelligent design avoids identifying or naming the agent of creation—it merely states that one (or more) must exist—but leaders of the movement have said the designer is the Christian God.[n 2][n 3][26][n 10][n 11] Whether this lack of specificity about the designer's identity in public discussions is a genuine feature of the concept, or just a posture taken to avoid alienating those who would separate religion from the teaching of science, has been a matter of great debate between supporters and critics of intelligent design. The Kitzmiller v. Dover Area School District court ruling held the latter to be the case.

Intelligent design - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Albert Einstein (pronounced /ˈælbərt ˈaɪnstaɪn/; German: [ˈalbɐt ˈaɪnʃtaɪn] ( listen); 14 March 1879 – 18 April 1955) was a theoretical physicist, philosopher and author who is widely regarded as one of the most influential and best known scientists and intellectuals of all time. A German-Swiss Nobel laureate, he is often regarded as the father of modern physics.[3] He received the 1921 Nobel Prize in Physics "for his services to Theoretical Physics, and especially for his discovery of the law of the photoelectric effect".[4]

Einstein died way before that.

As far as his theological views?

Religious views
Main article: Albert Einstein's religious views

The question of scientific determinism gave rise to questions about Einstein's position on theological determinism, and whether or not he believed in God, or in a god. In 1929, Einstein told Rabbi Herbert S. Goldstein "I believe in Spinoza's God, who reveals Himself in the lawful harmony of the world, not in a God Who concerns Himself with the fate and the doings of mankind."[115] In a letter to philosopher Erik Gutkind, Einstein remarked, "The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weakness, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still purely primitive, legends which are nevertheless pretty childish."[116]

Repeated attempts by the press to present Albert Einstein as a religious man provoked the following statement:

I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.[117][118]

However, he also stressed that he was to be understood as an agnostic, rather than an atheist:

You may call me an agnostic... I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters of religious indoctrination received in youth. I prefer an attitude of humility corresponding to the weakness of our intellectual understanding of nature and of our own being.[119]

And on another occasion:

A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms - it is this knowledge and this emotion that constitute the truly religious attitude; in this sense, and in this alone, I am a deeply religious man.

Albert Einstein - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You're a fool.

In a 1930 essay entitled “What I Believe” Einstein wrote: “To sense that behind anything that can be experienced there is something that our minds cannot grasp, whose beauty and sublimity reaches us only indirectly: this is religiousness. In this sense, and in this sense only, I am a devoutly religious man” (Ibid. 47).

He also made the following statement in an essay entitled “The Religiousness of Science,” which appeared in a collection of his essays published in English under the title “The World As I See It”:

“The scientist is possessed by the sense of universal causation. His religious feeling takes the form of a rapturous amazement at the harmony of natural law, which reveals an INTELLIGENCE of such superiority that, compared with it, all the systematic thinking and acting of human beings is an utterly insignificant reflection. This feeling is the guiding principle of his life and work, in so far as he succeeds in keeping himself from the shackles of selfish desire” (Updike 2007: 77 [emphasis added]).

mad google skillz, d00d.

too bad that you can't comprehend the words.

No he didn't

you think Einstein believed in creationism?

:rofl:

damn... you ever consider a career as a fiction writer?

cause facts clearly aren't your thing.

You're a fool.

Now you're reduced to lying. I answer every question I see directed to me. I don't come on here to follow every post. If you have a question then ask it when I'm here.

Yes, homosexuality is a choice. Glad to see you admit it. You can learn a lot if you open up your closed bigoted mind.

No, moron. You claimed I was "lying" about a parable in the Bible, and like a two year old, stomped away refusing to answer questions about the OT. You did that, of course, because you couldn't answer the questions.

You are dumber than a sack of hammers. Einstein believed in intelligent design. Homosexuality is a choice. And let me guess, the world is 6000 years old and man walked with the dinosaurs.

No he didn't

No..........Einstein believed in the cosmic watchmaker theory.

Intelligent design didn't actually come around until around 1984.

Intelligent design - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Albert Einstein (pronounced /ˈælbərt ˈaɪnstaɪn/; German: [ˈalbɐt ˈaɪnʃtaɪn] ( listen); 14 March 1879 – 18 April 1955) was a theoretical physicist, philosopher and author who is widely regarded as one of the most influential and best known scientists and intellectuals of all time. A German-Swiss Nobel laureate, he is often regarded as the father of modern physics.[3] He received the 1921 Nobel Prize in Physics "for his services to Theoretical Physics, and especially for his discovery of the law of the photoelectric effect".[4]

Einstein died way before that.

As far as his theological views?

Religious views
Main article: Albert Einstein's religious views

The question of scientific determinism gave rise to questions about Einstein's position on theological determinism, and whether or not he believed in God, or in a god. In 1929, Einstein told Rabbi Herbert S. Goldstein "I believe in Spinoza's God, who reveals Himself in the lawful harmony of the world, not in a God Who concerns Himself with the fate and the doings of mankind."[115] In a letter to philosopher Erik Gutkind, Einstein remarked, "The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weakness, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still purely primitive, legends which are nevertheless pretty childish."[116]

Repeated attempts by the press to present Albert Einstein as a religious man provoked the following statement:

I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.[117][118]

However, he also stressed that he was to be understood as an agnostic, rather than an atheist:

You may call me an agnostic... I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters of religious indoctrination received in youth. I prefer an attitude of humility corresponding to the weakness of our intellectual understanding of nature and of our own being.[119]

And on another occasion:

A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms - it is this knowledge and this emotion that constitute the truly religious attitude; in this sense, and in this alone, I am a deeply religious man.

Albert Einstein - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wikiepedia is not a scholarly site. Students and educators do not use it. Try this.

You're a fool.

You're a fool.

"Scientific research is based on the idea that everything that takes place is determined by the laws OF NATURE and therefore this holds for the action of people" Einstein.
"My position concerning God is of an agnostic" Einstein.

What you quote is his opinion of an intelligence of NATURE, not God.
You are too easily manipulated by propaganda. Grow up.

Forum List

Back