Republican or Democrat?

I completely agree, you have absolutely no grasp of what I'm trying to explain. That, or, you're actually engaging in a charade in order to prove my point to the rest of the board - in which case, I thank you. You're doing such a fine job in fact, that I'm wondering if we should take this act on the road? I could be the lovable entertainer attempting to explain how the world really works to a half-wit, and you could simply be yourself...

Try going back and actually reading the thread.

Dumbass.

Hmm, that is quite the offer.... No. Let's progress this conversation further. At the federal level, do you believe what Obama has said - that tax cuts hurt federal tax revenues or do you believe what he has shown - that tax cuts grow federal tax revenues. Simple question...
That is not a simple question. Economist are constantly arguing the effect of a tax change will have on the private sector and government revenue. If for example a tax cut that ends up encouraging companies to shift work overseas, increase profits for the company, corporate taxes may increase because of addition profits. However, income taxes may decrease because of a loss of income from displaced workers.

An across the board tax cut at the right time in the business cycle can stimulate demand and encourage investment. If it comes at the wrong time, individuals tax savings are banked providing no increase in demand and the private sector just builds cash reserves or investment in foreign economies.

The question is only simple in minds of political ideologues.

A Democrat, a Liberal and a Republican are sitting in a bar reminiscing about home.

"Back in my bar back home,brags the Democrat, "for every four drinks I order, they give me one for free!"

"In my bar back home" says the Liberal,"I pay for two drinks and they give me a third one free!"

"That's nuthin'" says the Republican "In my bar back home, you walk up to the bar, they give the first drink fer free, the second drink fer free, the third drink fer free -- and then they take you upstairs and you have sex for FREE!"

"Is that true?" asks the Democrat. "Has that really happened to you?"

"Well, no," says the Republican, "but it happens to my sister all the time!"

:lol:

what's a liberal that isn't a democrat? serious question, not a punchline set up

Ever hear of a blue dog?

yeah, those are liberals that don't want to lose their next election.

on a stretch, I'll say they are moderates, but they will still claim to be liberals

You could be a Republican if...you're one of the 6% who believe in science.

Did I beat Rdean to the punch?

Dumbass.

Hmm, that is quite the offer.... No. Let's progress this conversation further. At the federal level, do you believe what Obama has said - that tax cuts hurt federal tax revenues or do you believe what he has shown - that tax cuts grow federal tax revenues. Simple question...
That is not a simple question. Economist are constantly arguing the effect of a tax change will have on the private sector and government revenue. If for example a tax cut that ends up encouraging companies to shift work overseas, increase profits for the company, corporate taxes may increase because of addition profits. However, income taxes may decrease because of a loss of income from displaced workers.

An across the board tax cut at the right time in the business cycle can stimulate demand and encourage investment. If it comes at the wrong time, individuals tax savings are banked providing no increase in demand and the private sector just builds cash reserves or investment in foreign economies.

That's what I mean, he left a simplistic question in vague terms: "tax cuts hurt federal revenues" doesn't spell out which tax cuts, how applied, which revenues, etc. It's like asking "is water good?". :cuckoo:

Dumbass.

No, it is in fact a very simple question, 'are you willing to believe what you are told over what you are able to see with your own eyes?' I used the example of the Bush tax cuts only b/c RW'r mentioned the effect of tax cuts to the economy in an earlier post. That neither Pogo, RW'r or you are unwilling to answer the question essentially answers the question.

No, it is in fact a very simple question, 'are you willing to believe what you are told over what you are able to see with your own eyes?' I used the example of the Bush tax cuts only b/c RW'r mentioned the effect of tax cuts to the economy in an earlier post. That neither Pogo, RW'r or you are unwilling to answer the question essentially answers the question.

I'm not "unwiling" to answer it; I AM unwilling. Because it's not a valid question.
Hell, you can't even construct a sentence.

You might be Republican if.....

You dodged the draft during Viet Nam (with Daddy's help) and now you question the courage and patriotism of men who came back with medals (and scars) and understand wars are bad.
You think that a president lying about getting a blowjob is far more serious than a president lying about the reasons for starting a war.

You sir are a fucking liar and I could introduce you to hundreds of republican VETs that would agree with me, and those are just the ones I know.

I'm not "unwiling" to answer it; I AM unwilling. Because it's not a valid question.
Hell, you can't even construct a sentence.

Ah! My weakness!?! You've... found... it. It's... it's... it's... SENTENCE CONSTRUCTION!?! Away I must go! Flee I must! FLEE! FLEEEEEEEE!!! :eek:

Srsly, I could do this all night. But I prolly won't...

You might be Republican if.....

You dodged the draft during Viet Nam (with Daddy's help) and now you question the courage and patriotism of men who came back with medals (and scars) and understand wars are bad.
You think that a president lying about getting a blowjob is far more serious than a president lying about the reasons for starting a war.

You sir are a fucking liar and I could introduce you to hundreds of republican VETs that would agree with me, and those are just the ones I know.

Rush Limbaugh

A Democrat, a Liberal and a Republican are sitting in a bar reminiscing about home.

"Back in my bar back home,brags the Democrat, "for every four drinks I order, they give me one for free!"

"In my bar back home" says the Liberal,"I pay for two drinks and they give me a third one free!"

"That's nuthin'" says the Republican "In my bar back home, you walk up to the bar, they give the first drink fer free, the second drink fer free, the third drink fer free -- and then they take you upstairs and you have sex for FREE!"

"Is that true?" asks the Democrat. "Has that really happened to you?"

"Well, no," says the Republican, "but it happens to my sister all the time!"

:lol:

what's a liberal that isn't a democrat? serious question, not a punchline set up

Ever hear of a blue dog?

Used to be you could commonly find liberal republicans

Forum List

Back