Republican Senator admits Supreme Court block is Partisan

Wow, Republicans are partisans! I'll let everyone in on another secret, the Democrats are partisan to! If the roles were reversed the Democratic Party would do the same.

Lol!

Except that they didn't....Kennedy got confirmed, and Bork at least got hearings.

And partisan politics had nothing to Bork not being confirmed?

There is no time frame in the Constitution, to hold Senate hearings.

No, actually, "ethics" had to do with Bord not being confirmed.

Every single fucking thing is partisan. It is the reason why we have different political parties in this country.

Jefferson said during the Adams Administration and the Federalists attempt to make the central government all powerful, that:

"Our citizens are divided into two sects. One which fears the Government most, the other the People".

Does even the sickest loon on this board have to wonder which political party it is which fears the People?

I wasn't aware that the House sends the Senate a Supreme Court nominee.

I could have sworn that was the president.
But you want to talk "partisan" when Harry Reid practically shut down the government over "politics"?????

Gee, I think your hypocrisy is pretty obvious on that one.....

Since its completely obvious you can't show us even ONE example of the democrats ever refusing to conduct a hearing on a presidential nominee for the Supreme Court because the 'next president should decide......when did Harry Reid 'shut down the government'?

So just remember the immortal words of your "Magic Negro"......

"Elections have consequences".....

Magic Negro, huh? And republicans wonder why black folks don't vote for them.

Last edited:
GOP Senator Gets Honest: 'Trust Me, We Will Not Allow The Supreme Court To Flip'

“No, trust me, we will not allow the Supreme Court to flip,” Johnson told a Wisconsin radio station on Friday. “It’s not going to happen.”

“When other Americans, other than the members of the press, can get their message out, the press’s power is reduced. You engage in campaign finance reform, which restricts free speech, that makes a few members of the press have all the more power. So the press is really not for freedom of speech. They like restrictions in speech because it gives them more power. So again, they want to see the Supreme Court flipped. I got that.”

In an attempt to block campaign finance reform...Senate Republicans are blocking a Supreme Court nomination, to prevent it from being "flipped". There is nothing the Republicans have against the nominee Obama put up in particular...it's all just partisan obstruction of Constitutional duties.

hotels-com-spring-break-sale-captain-obvious-workout-bathroom-large-8.jpg

GOP Senator Gets Honest: 'Trust Me, We Will Not Allow The Supreme Court To Flip'

“No, trust me, we will not allow the Supreme Court to flip,” Johnson told a Wisconsin radio station on Friday. “It’s not going to happen.”

“When other Americans, other than the members of the press, can get their message out, the press’s power is reduced. You engage in campaign finance reform, which restricts free speech, that makes a few members of the press have all the more power. So the press is really not for freedom of speech. They like restrictions in speech because it gives them more power. So again, they want to see the Supreme Court flipped. I got that.”

In an attempt to block campaign finance reform...Senate Republicans are blocking a Supreme Court nomination, to prevent it from being "flipped". There is nothing the Republicans have against the nominee Obama put up in particular...it's all just partisan obstruction of Constitutional duties.

It's what Democrats would do if roles were reversed. They've admitted it. But thanks for the "revelation". smh lol

Then show us an example of the Democrats ever actually doing this.

You can't. You're literally offering us your imagination as justification for republican obstructionism. Its like republicans sniveling about Super Delegates stealing an election as justification for a brokered convention.

Good Lord. Have you not been paying attention? It's pretty well known by everyone watching that the Democrats do not believe in supreme court nominations/hearings during an election year. This is such a known fact that I'm not even going to provide a link. Do your own research.

Translation: you have no such example. As the democrats have *never* done what republicans are doing now.

Ever.

This is absolutely unprecedented. And you're literally citing your imagination as justification for unprecedented republican obstructionism.

No example needed. Democrats have already said they would not hold hearings in an election year. Of course you already know this, but you're intent on playings partisan politics to the max. You're a joke.

It's what Democrats would do if roles were reversed. They've admitted it. But thanks for the "revelation". smh lol

You can't. You're literally offering us your imagination as justification for republican obstructionism. Its like republicans sniveling about Super Delegates stealing an election as justification for a brokered convention.

Good Lord. Have you not been paying attention? It's pretty well known by everyone watching that the Democrats do not believe in supreme court nominations/hearings during an election year. This is such a known fact that I'm not even going to provide a link. Do your own research.

Translation: you have no such example. As the democrats have *never* done what republicans are doing now.

Ever.

This is absolutely unprecedented. And you're literally citing your imagination as justification for unprecedented republican obstructionism.

No example needed. Democrats have already said they would not hold hearings in an election year. Of course you already know this, but you're intent on playings partisan politics to the max. You're a joke.

So despite the fact that democrats have *never* done what you claimed they 'would do', you're going to cite your imagination anyway.....and try to justify absolutely unprecedented examples of republican obstructionism.

With your 'evidence' being your imagination.....do we even need to be here?

But you want to talk "partisan" when Harry Reid practically shut down the government over "politics"?????

Since its completely obvious you can't show us even ONE example of the democrats ever refusing to conduct a hearing on a presidential nominee for the Supreme Court because the 'next president should decide......when did Harry Reid 'shut down the government'?

A vote for a democrat is a vote for whites. We can count on democrats keeping blacks on the plantation.

A vote for a democrat is a vote for whites. We can count on democrats keeping blacks on the plantation.

Keep babbling about the 'magic negro'. I'm sure that will convince them to vote republican.

I mean, it always has before, right?

Ever.

So despite the fact that democrats have *never* done what you claimed they 'would do', you're going to cite your imagination anyway.....and try to justify absolutely unprecedented examples of republican obstructionism.

LOL keep trying with that faulty logic. In the meantime the GOP will keep using the Biden rule.

Wow, Republicans are partisans! I'll let everyone in on another secret, the Democrats are partisan to! If the roles were reversed the Democratic Party would do the same.

Lol!

Except that they didn't....Kennedy got confirmed, and Bork at least got hearings.

Out of 54 Democrats, 2 voted for confirmation. Out of 46 Republicans, 6 voted against confirmation.

Again partisan politics were played. It always has and always will.

Keep babbling about the 'magic negro'. I'm sure that will convince them to vote republican.

Nothing has changed for blacks under Obama. They are still the race with the highest unemployment rate by far. Black unemployment stats for 25 and under is staggering. But whites seem to be doing fine. Of course that doesn't take into account the amount of whiles who stopped looking for a job and don't count against unemployment, but I digress. Please, keep voting democrat. White people thank you. It's the big dirty secret in politics. LOL

Ever.

LOL keep trying with that faulty logic. In the meantime the GOP will keep using the Biden rule.

And when have the democrats ever enacted the 'Biden rule'?

If your 'logic' was valid, it will be remarkably easy for you to do so. If you're literally citing your imagination with the democrats NEVER having done what republicans are doing now, you'll give us more excuses why you can't.

Gee, I wonder which you're gonna pick.

Nothing has changed for blacks under Obama. They are still the race with the highest unemployment rate by far. Black unemployment stats for 25 and under is staggering. But whites seem to be doing fine. Of course that doesn't take into account the amount of whiles who stopped looking for a job and don't count against unemployment, but I digress. Please, keep voting democrat. White people thank you. It's the big dirty secret in politics. LOL

Laughing......and republicans and their 'magic negro' babble are going to do better or black folks, huh?

Odd that they don't believe you.

Lol!

Out of 54 Democrats, 2 voted for confirmation. Out of 46 Republicans, 6 voted against confirmation.

So he got a hearing correct? They made arguments against a candidate and then voted him down. That's following procedure exactly as planned. Not even holding a hearing, or even "meeting" the nominee, however, is not normal.

CNN.com - Democrats grill Supreme Court nominee - Jan 11, 2006

At least he got a hearing.

Laughing......and republicans and their 'magic negro' babble are going to do better or black folks, huh?

Odd that they don't believe you.

The stats don't lie. Really, why would a white person care if blacks constantly vote for a party that does nothing for them. LOL

Lol!

So he got a hearing correct? They made arguments against a candidate and then voted him down. That's following procedure exactly as planned. Not even holding a hearing, or even "meeting" the nominee, however, is not normal.

when the outcome is already known, what is gained by wasting time with a hearing?

this is nothing but political bullshit from both sides. accept it for what it is and ignore it, its much ado about nothing.

CNN.com - Democrats grill Supreme Court nominee - Jan 11, 2006

At least he got a hearing.

Not just a hearing. He got the confirmation.

Republicans won't even hold a hearing. Which they blame on democrats.

See, in the party of personal responsibility...its always someone else's fault. The folks least responsible for Republican policy....are republicans.

Forum List

Back