Republican Senators send a letter to Iran. Wow. Damn!

Funny how the hypocrites liars on the left like this had no issue sending kucinicich and other democratic assholes to commiserate with saddam before the 2003 war...[/QUOTE]

Recognize anyone in the picture below, dingbat?????

rumsfelysaddam.jpg~c200
[/QUOTE]
Rumsfeld was Reagan's special envoy, idiot.

I don't WANT to go to war with Iran either, but if it comes down to it, we need to fight a war in the correct way. That would mean to ignore the liberal bleeding heart sector of our society. War is brutal and is supposed to be that way. You wear down your enemies and you wear down their resolve. You don't "avoid civilian casualties" as this is a BIG part of getting the enemy to surrender.

The liberals need to read about Sun Tzu . . . the man was a genius when it comes to war. All of our politicians should read it too. America used to win wars because we followed the teachings of Sun Tzu. Since we've abandoned those philosophies, we haven't really "won" any wars.

The Internet Classics Archive The Art of War by Sun Tzu

What the hell do you think we've been talking about all this time? Duh. Try and follow along.

I am asking you what YOU think those wishes are.

Now I am asking you, do you trust Iran with nuclear capabilities? Are they just a harmless misunderstood country in your opinion? :D What do you think will happen if they ever obtained nuclear weapons?

I don't trust anyone with nukes. I do trust this president when he says that if we don't get the agreement we want, we walk away from the negotiations. And make no mistake, negotiating a satisfactory resolution is preferable to the alternative. I think the families of our military personnel would agree. I know mine does. Your conservative wars have solved nothing to date. Why do you believe starting a war with Iran would be any different?
Going to war, I mean really going to war would end the threat of Iran ever acquiring an atomic bomb.
The problem with conflicts we've had since 1945 is they weren't wars. They were battles of attrition with armies of idealistic pawns. The way to win a war is not buy killing soldiers, but by demoralizing the non warriors and removing the will of your enemy to continue an obviously losing effort.
We did that in 1945 and Germany and Japan are now allies and great trading partners.
We didn't fight to win in SE Asia and the world got North Korea and Viet Nam as a result.
We fought for 23 years all told and got nothing but 81,000 fresh graves.
Since Korea, the would be enemies of the US have seen us as weal and afraid to win. Why negotiate with a country that at the worst will solve your overpopulation problem a bit until the pansies decide to cut and run.

Sun Tzu? :D

Our war against terror is a good example of a war that will never be able to be won because there has to be a "defined enemy." What we need to do is take out the SOURCE, and Iran is one of the biggest sources of terrorism in the ME.

Well yes. What we need to do in the Mid East is, by either diplomacy or force, show the Islamic People that living in the 7th century isn't going to cut it in the 21st and they should reject radical Islamic government.

I don't WANT to go to war with Iran either, but if it comes down to it, we need to fight a war in the correct way. That would mean to ignore the liberal bleeding heart sector of our society. War is brutal and is supposed to be that way. You wear down your enemies and you wear down their resolve. You don't "avoid civilian casualties" as this is a BIG part of getting the enemy to surrender.

The liberals need to read about Sun Tzu . . . the man was a genius when it comes to war. All of our politicians should read it too. America used to win wars because we followed the teachings of Sun Tzu. Since we've abandoned those philosophies, we haven't really "won" any wars.

The Internet Classics Archive The Art of War by Sun Tzu
Brilliant!

I am asking you what YOU think those wishes are.

Now I am asking you, do you trust Iran with nuclear capabilities? Are they just a harmless misunderstood country in your opinion? :D What do you think will happen if they ever obtained nuclear weapons?

I don't trust anyone with nukes. I do trust this president when he says that if we don't get the agreement we want, we walk away from the negotiations. And make no mistake, negotiating a satisfactory resolution is preferable to the alternative. I think the families of our military personnel would agree. I know mine does. Your conservative wars have solved nothing to date. Why do you believe starting a war with Iran would be any different?
Going to war, I mean really going to war would end the threat of Iran ever acquiring an atomic bomb.
The problem with conflicts we've had since 1945 is they weren't wars. They were battles of attrition with armies of idealistic pawns. The way to win a war is not buy killing soldiers, but by demoralizing the non warriors and removing the will of your enemy to continue an obviously losing effort.
We did that in 1945 and Germany and Japan are now allies and great trading partners.
We didn't fight to win in SE Asia and the world got North Korea and Viet Nam as a result.
We fought for 23 years all told and got nothing but 81,000 fresh graves.
Since Korea, the would be enemies of the US have seen us as weal and afraid to win. Why negotiate with a country that at the worst will solve your overpopulation problem a bit until the pansies decide to cut and run.

Sun Tzu? :D

Our war against terror is a good example of a war that will never be able to be won because there has to be a "defined enemy." What we need to do is take out the SOURCE, and Iran is one of the biggest sources of terrorism in the ME.

Well yes. What we need to do in the Mid East is, by either diplomacy or force, show the Islamic People that living in the 7th century isn't going to cut it in the 21st and they should reject radical Islamic government.

Obviously that is just what they want, to drag us all back into the Middle Ages. That was when Muslims had power and control over large territories. Unfortunately for them, they have not really progressed past that point and that makes them very angry people.

ScreamingEagle said:
with the price of oil down right now we could really put the screws to Iran....

nat4900 said:
No, not really....China will take every drop that Iran wishes to get out of the ground.

if there's a war against Iran there will be no oil for China......it's in China's self-interest to cooperate...

Last edited:
Obama: 'I'm Embarrassed' For Republicans Who Sent Letter To Iran

President Barack Obama said he's "embarrassed" for the group of Republicans who sent a letter to Iran warning against a nuclear deal with the United States.

"I'm embarrassed for them," Obama told Vice. "For them to address a letter to the ayatollah -- the supreme leader of Iran, who they claim is our mortal enemy -- and their basic argument to them is: don't deal with our president, because you can't trust him to follow through on an agreement... That's close to unprecedented."

A total of 47 senators signed the letter, including Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and Sens. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.), Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) and John McCain (R-Ariz.). Several other Republicans threw their support behind the letter, including Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal and former Texas Gov. Rick Perry, both considered potential contenders for the 2016 GOP presidential primary.

Thank you, Mr. President, for rising above it all. They don't have your class or love of country.

I certainly trust President Obama more than 47 NaziCon Senators who hate him to negotiate a nuclear agreement with Iran.

that wasn't the question I was asking, Chief Running Bull.

I asked a simple question. Can we trust the Iranians to keep their end of the agreement?

Like RR used to say. Trust but verify. No one trust Iran, but they are helping Iraq defeat ISIS.

President Barack Obama said he's "embarrassed" for the group of Republicans who sent a letter to Iran warning against a nuclear deal with the United States.

"I'm embarrassed for them," Obama told Vice. "For them to address a letter to the ayatollah -- the supreme leader of Iran, who they claim is our mortal enemy -- and their basic argument to them is: don't deal with our president, because you can't trust him to follow through on an agreement... That's close to unprecedented."

A total of 47 senators signed the letter, including Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and Sens. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.), Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) and John McCain (R-Ariz.). Several other Republicans threw their support behind the letter, including Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal and former Texas Gov. Rick Perry, both considered potential contenders for the 2016 GOP presidential primary.

Thank you, Mr. President, for rising above it all. They don't have your class or love of country.

BO is embarrassed for Congress.....? that's a laugh.....if anything HE is the one to be embarrassed....at least he should be....

Just to piss off all the "bomb, bomb Iran" arm-chair "warriors on this thread...a bit of history other than your usual "...all I need to know I learn from FOX..."

Ibrahim Hooper, a spokesman for the Council on American-Islamic relations, stated, "....there are lots of Christian churches and synagogues in Egypt, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Turkey, Jordan, Indonesia, Qatar, Kuwait. … If you go to any number of so-called Muslim countries you will see thriving Christian and Jewish populations." One member of the Iranian Parliament is Jewish....The only one where you don't see it, where you can't have a Christian church or synagogue is Saudi Arabia"........[our "ally" and gas station.]

Funny how the hypocrites liars on the left like this had no issue sending kucinicich and other democratic assholes to commiserate with saddam before the 2003 war...

Recognize anyone in the picture below, dingbat?????

rumsfelysaddam.jpg~c200
[/QUOTE]
Rumsfeld was Reagan's special envoy, idiot.[/QUOTE]

Now, now, I was responding to the idiot (RoughRoadsScholar).....LOL

Too funny! :lol: Obama got you whipped, eh? :D

It is apparent who Obama loves, and it sure as hell isn't his country. Obama and the Ayatollah agree and that is not a good thing.

TEHRAN —Iran’s highest leader issued a sharp response Thursday to a letter to the country’s leadership by Republican lawmakers, deriding it as an indication that Washington is “disintegrating” from within.

AyatollahAli Khamenei,Iran’s supreme leader, said the letter warning that any nuclear deal could be scrapped by a new president was “a sign of a decline in political ethics and the destruction of the American establishment from within.” The statement was posted on his website.

Just to piss off all the "bomb, bomb Iran" arm-chair "warriors on this thread...a bit of history other than your usual "...all I need to know I learn from FOX..."

Ibrahim Hooper, a spokesman for the Council on American-Islamic relations, stated, "....there are lots of Christian churches and synagogues in Egypt, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Turkey, Jordan, Indonesia, Qatar, Kuwait. … If you go to any number of so-called Muslim countries you will see thriving Christian and Jewish populations." One member of the Iranian Parliament is Jewish....The only one where you don't see it, where you can't have a Christian church or synagogue is Saudi Arabia"........[our "ally" and gas station.]

Bwa-ha-ha. Do you know why Christianity exists in Iran currently? Most of the Armenian Christians fled Iran during the Iran/Iraq war in the 80s. Now, they are mostly converts from the Muslim religion. They are considered second class citizens (or dhimmis) and there are not LOTS of them, as the Christian population in Iran is extremely low and they are discriminated against. You people are SO naive. :D

Religion in Iran - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

According to the CIA World Factbook, around 90%[1] of Iranians associate themselves with the Shi'a branch of Islam, the official state religion, and about 9% with the Sunniand Sufi branches of Islam. The remaining 0.9% associate themselves with non-Islamic religious minorities, including Bahá'ís, Mandeans, Yarsanis, Zoroastrians, Jews, andChristians.[2] The latter three minority religions are officially recognized and protected, and have reserved seats in the Iran parliament. Zoroastrianism was once the majority religion, though today Zoroastrians number only in the tens of thousands.[3] Iran is home to the second largest Jewish community in the Muslim World.[4] The Bahá'í Faith, Iran's largest non-Muslim religious minority, is not officially recognized, and has been persecuted during its existence in Iran.[5][6][7][8]

The Iranian government does not officially recognise the existence of non-religious Iranians. This leaves the true representation of the religious split in Iran unknown as all non-religious, spiritual, atheist, agnostic and converts away from Islam are likely to be included within the government statistic of the 99% Muslim majority.[1] Sunnism was the predominant form theology before the devastating Mongol conquest, but subsequently Shi'ism became dominant.

The constitution of the Islamic Republic of Iran recognizes Islam, Christianity, Judaism, and Zoroastrianism as official religions. Article 13 of the Iranian Constitution, recognizes them as People of the Book and they are granted the right to exercise religious freedom in Iran.[42][48] Five of the 270 seats in parliament are reserved for these each of these three religions.

On the other hand, senior government posts are reserved for Muslims. All minority religious groups, including Sunni Muslims, are barred from being elected president. Jewish, Christian and Zoroastrian schools must be run by Muslim principals.[49] Compensation for death paid to the family of a non-Muslim was (by law) less than if the victim was a Muslim until recently. Conversion to Islam is encouraged by entitling converts to inherit the entire share of their parents' (or even uncle's) estate if their siblings (or cousins) remain non-Muslim.[50] Iran's non-Muslim population has fallen dramatically. For example, the Jewish population in Iran dropped from 80,000 to 30,000 in the first two decades of the revolution.[51] By 2012, it had dwindled below 9,000.[52]

So, the liberal answer to a nuclear Iran is just go along with it. Ha-ha! :rofl: They know nothing of some of the nasty things the United States has had to do and will continue to do in the name of world security.

No they want an agreement. The right has no plan. They want Iran to continue down the to a nuke.

I like your signature. Little do you realize that you are a part of the far left. :D Against constitutional rights for citizens but fully supportive of a nuclear Iran. Now if that's not crazy, I don't know what is! Lol.

I hear the facts and make my own decisions. Not a slave to a party like you.

who listens to Ibrahim Hooper or CAIR...? you just need to look at their motivation for saying such things...

So, the liberal answer to a nuclear Iran is just go along with it. Ha-ha! :rofl: They know nothing of some of the nasty things the United States has had to do and will continue to do in the name of world security.

No they want an agreement. The right has no plan. They want Iran to continue down the to a nuke.

I like your signature. Little do you realize that you are a part of the far left. :D Against constitutional rights for citizens but fully supportive of a nuclear Iran. Now if that's not crazy, I don't know what is! Lol.

The facts have been outlined for you in this very thread, but you refuse to acknowledge them and just agree with Obama. Lol. That is NOT thinking for yourself or hearing facts.

I want you to defend your position.

Are you a moron? You realize they are fighting ISIS right?

So fucking what? They are at war with most of the mideast, and are the world's #1 state sponsor of terrorism by far.

Who is brainless kidding? ISIS is sponsored by Iran, of course. Who else has the means to support them and their "activities" around the ME? Who else is giving them money? Iran talking about fighting ISIS is just blustering from them to make themselves LOOK good. :D We all know that most of the heavy duty and well funded terrorist activities that go on in the ME are sponsored by Iran.

http://www.cfr.org/iran/state-sponsors-iran/p9362

Saudi Arabia. Iraq is fighting ISIS.

Are you a moron? You realize they are fighting ISIS right?

So fucking what? They are at war with most of the mideast, and are the world's #1 state sponsor of terrorism by far.

Who is brainless kidding? ISIS is sponsored by Iran, of course. Who else has the means to support them and their "activities" around the ME? Who else is giving them money? Iran talking about fighting ISIS is just blustering from them to make themselves LOOK good. :D We all know that most of the heavy duty and well funded terrorist activities that go on in the ME are sponsored by Iran.

http://www.cfr.org/iran/state-sponsors-iran/p9362

Saudi Arabia. Iraq is fighting ISIS.

Iraq? I don't believe I mentioned Iraq in my post. Also, the Saudis have already been threatened by ISIS too. You know, the more you post, the more obvious it is that you don't really have a clue as to what is going on in the world around you. It's pathetic really.

The facts have been outlined for you in this very thread, but you refuse to acknowledge them and just agree with Obama. Lol. That is NOT thinking for yourself or hearing facts.

I want you to defend your position.

The thing is you are wrong. No agreement means they want a nuke more. War? First we can't afford another war. Second the Iraq war made everything worse. You think saddam would have let Iran get a nuke? Your position is owned by Israel, the rest of the world wants an agreement. Why are you more loyal to Israel than the US?

Forum List

Back