Republican top priority.....Raise taxes on the poor

Last edited:
Somebody who doesn't work and has no income doesn't pay taxes, it's impossible. All they do is transfer some of the money given them back to the entity that gave it to them in the first place.

All the while thinking it's actually there money.
when you are taxed each and every month, week, or two weeks, money is taken out of your check.... at the end of the year you get a grand total ....can we agree on that ???? say you have paid 8000 dollars in taxes ....after deductions are made you get back say 1200 dollars ... using these numbers as a example, it is showing you have paid 6800 dollars in taxes ... how can you say, you don't pay taxes ... I have never as long as I've been paying taxes have got back 8000 dollars in taxes I've paid in... never!!! how these people say the poor pay nothing in taxes is beyond me...

The poor often get more back than they even paid in taxes via child tax credits and other wealth redistribution schemes. Hell even illegals get a refund using this child tax credit scheme and they are not even legally entitled to the tax credit, its pure fraud.
illegals don't pay taxes period... they don't file they are illegals ...they would neen a social security number ... big companies don't pay taxes do to their right off... whats your point???? are you saying we need to take away company write offs along with children being written off ???? is that what you're trying to say here
P.S.
I feel companies shouldn't be allowed to write off anything.... I feel people who deside to have children shouldn't be allowed to writen them off too... i feel you having children is your choice, you should pay for them not me ... as for a company paying for their expences to run that company they should pay it not me ..

You should attend business school, then your opinions would change.

when you are taxed each and every month, week, or two weeks, money is taken out of your check.... at the end of the year you get a grand total ....can we agree on that ???? say you have paid 8000 dollars in taxes ....after deductions are made you get back say 1200 dollars ... using these numbers as a example, it is showing you have paid 6800 dollars in taxes ... how can you say, you don't pay taxes ... I have never as long as I've been paying taxes have got back 8000 dollars in taxes I've paid in... never!!! how these people say the poor pay nothing in taxes is beyond me...

The poor often get more back than they even paid in taxes via child tax credits and other wealth redistribution schemes. Hell even illegals get a refund using this child tax credit scheme and they are not even legally entitled to the tax credit, its pure fraud.
illegals don't pay taxes period... they don't file they are illegals ...they would neen a social security number ... big companies don't pay taxes do to their right off... whats your point???? are you saying we need to take away company write offs along with children being written off ???? is that what you're trying to say here

Its not rocket science, the poor and illegals take money out of my pocket and put it in their pocket.
lets look at who takes out more ... many companies like GE and so on don't pay billions of dollars of taxes that they don't pay that you as a tax payer end up having to pay ... you're pissed off at a person who makes 15000 dollars a year and pays nothing on his 2500 dollars that he wrote off??? really this is what makes you pissed off or are you being duped by the right and don't realize it

GE earned their money, they are entitled to keep it just as I earned mine and should be entitled to keep mine. Here's an idea why doesn't the greedy creep left keep their hands off what's mine and earn their own money.

Somebody who doesn't work and has no income doesn't pay taxes, it's impossible. All they do is transfer some of the money given them back to the entity that gave it to them in the first place.

illegals don't pay taxes period... they don't file they are illegals

Plenty of illegals file, with stolen Social Security numbers.

Illegals bilked American taxpayers out of $4 billion in illegal child tax credit refunds last year alone. The IRS says there's nothing they can do about the fraud unless congress acts and Dem's in congress block attempts to put a stop to the fraud.

Illegals bilked American taxpayers out of $4 billion in illegal child tax credit refunds last year alone. The IRS says there's nothing they can do about the fraud unless congress acts and Dem's in congress block attempts to put a stop to the fraud.

Yes, but illegals vote for democrats.

One must have priorities in these things.....

last I checked republicans held the house ... again how can they file for tax credits for their chikdren if they are illegal ... where you nut cases come up with this crap is beyonf me

thats right lets bring more attention to your self by taking illegal social security numbers

Yes, but illegals vote for democrats.

One must have priorities in these things.....
you guys are as stupid as stupid can be

I feel companies shouldn't be allowed to write off anything.... I feel people who deside to have children shouldn't be allowed to writen them off too... i feel you having children is your choice, you should pay for them not me ... as for a company paying for their expences to run that company they should pay it not me ..
I'm not sure what you're saying here. Of course compnies need to write off expenses. It's impossible to stay in business otherwise. If it costs you $50 to produce $100 in sales you made $50, not $100. No one is "paying for it".
if you followed the hole thought here, instead you picking out my sarcasum here, then you try to sound smart here ???just makes you shake your head some times

thats right lets bring more attention to your self by taking illegal social security numbers

It's called identity theft. Illegals do it all the time.

You eliminate the earned income tax credit for poor people.

For example, a single mother with two children working full time in a nursing home for the minimum wage and earning $14,500 would lose her entire [Child Tax Credit] of $1,725 if the CTC provision expires. [CBPP]

The Republican Party s top priority is to raise taxes on the poor. Literally. - The Week

$1,725 dollars when you're only making R$14,500 is a huge blow. Its not like we're talking about welfare queens or people on disability. This would be targeted directly at those who are working full time, providing vital, useful labor.

Or the 'takers' as republicans like to call them.

last I checked republicans held the house ... again how can they file for tax credits for their chikdren if they are illegal ... where you nut cases come up with this crap is beyonf me

Good lord how ignorant are you about what's going on in this country? Please tell me you don't vote.

"Senate Democrats killed an amendment from Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-NH) that would have paid for unemployment benefits for many Americans and replaced recent cuts to veterans’ pensions by closing a tax code loophole that allows illegal aliens to access the Refundable Child Tax Credit."

Income tax on the poor is largely ineffective anyway, as you are making a big disincentive for poor people to pay for their own healthcare and food. Higher income taxes on the poor put further strain on medicare, food stamp programs, and other government services. But ending taxes on the poor is probably not going to get through congress, even though it would probably be an incentive for people to work and develop a nest egg.

I'm not sure what you're saying here. Of course compnies need to write off expenses. It's impossible to stay in business otherwise. If it costs you $50 to produce $100 in sales you made $50, not $100. No one is "paying for it".
if you followed the hole thought here, instead you picking out my sarcasum here, then you try to sound smart here ???just makes you shake your head some times
There was no sarcasm in what your wrote. Try posting that sober so I can understand what your point is.

Since when is there a sales tax on food?

Republicans are looking to slash funding for food stamps. People have to eat
If the poor have to pay more for cigarettes or beer ....I don't really care

Ah, good old noblesse oblige, how bougie of you.

Yet when republicans want to tie benefits to drug tests, or restrict handouts to certain things, you guys get all "stop treating the poor badly!!!". Interesting hypocrisy here.

I don't have a problem with tying benefits to drug tests as long as they drug test those corporations that are receiving $440 billion
I don't want them blowing that money on drugs and hookers

Show me those checks the government writes to these companies. Again you confuse hand outs with tax breaks.

"Those companies" get both and its the middle class and working poor who pay for them.
How do the "working poor" pay for 'them' if they pay ZERO federal income tax?

First, it's yet another reminder that Republicans don't care about the national debt. Conservative carping about the debt is 100 percent of the time a rhetorical cudgel deployed with utter cynicism against programs they dislike for other reasons. When the topic is food stamps or unemployment insurance, they demand offsets to pay for them. (Because "we're broke," as Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) put it in a similar context.) But when it comes to dropping planeloads of money on corporations and rich people, Republicans will casually blow a half-trillion hole in the 10-year budget without blinking.

How about it Republicans?

When it came to providing money to families for disaster relief or economic hardship you demanded "We need to cancel something to pay for it" We need an offset to be fiscally responsible
Yet, you throw out a $440 billion tax break to corporations with no concern over how the lost revenue will be replaced

The Democrats will block any attempt to lower corporate taxes even though they know that it very well could cause many corporations that are keeping profits made overseas to bring the billions back to the US and invest in expansion and create jobs.

That is what will result in a huge increase in revenue.

What happened when Bush cut those corporate rates?

Did they respond with more jobs? No, they just kept the extra money

How about it Republicans? Where do we we make up for the lost $440 Billion in lost revenue? You can tell us
Take the money away from the poor

I am sure you have heard the cliche' getting blood out of a turnip. You have the same possibility of that working as taking money away from the poor. The poor don't have any money! If they did, they wouldn't be poor.

if you followed the hole thought here,

"Truth" is a bit like a hole with you... No doubt you were attempting to say that the whole Truth Matters?

instead you picking out my sarcasum here, then you try to sound smart here ???just makes you shake your head some times

Sarcasum? Is that like the sum of sarcasm? No matter what name you log in under, your illiteracy will always give you away, truthy.

Forum List

Back