Republicans are afraid to propose spending cuts!

Sounds like the people you are downplaying actually run businesses. In my case, I own it. You're a failure on this thread Koios.

I'm sure you're right. Bygod, what a banner day this is.

Head on over to the single-wide next door, pop open some Milwaukee's Best 24s and party like it's 8 AM on Tuesday. You bitch-slapped that retard-libbie, Koios!!!! It's morning again in Lazy Acres "Mobile" Home Park!!!

Yippe for you.

I'm from Massachusetts, went to college, have never lived in a trailer and don't drink. Any other stereotypes you'd like to have debunked?

You stoop to personal attacks because you've been shown up. It's what happens when you try and pass yourself off as something that you're obviously not.

Sounds like the people you are downplaying actually run businesses. In my case, I own it. You're a failure on this thread Koios.

Head on over to the single-wide next door, pop open some Milwaukee's Best 24s and party like it's 8 AM on Tuesday. You bitch-slapped that retard-libbie, Koios!!!! It's morning again in Lazy Acres "Mobile" Home Park!!!

Yippe for you.

I'm from Massachusetts, went to college, have never lived in a trailer and don't drink. Any other stereotypes you'd like to have debunked?

You stoop to personal attacks because you've been shown up. It's what happens when you try and pass yourself off as something that you're obviously not.

If you gotta say that, you've come up short. Noodle on that; you'll have an epiphany.

Yippe for you.

If you gotta say that, you've come up short. Noodle on that; you'll have an epiphany.

You're the one that had to resort to unfounded stereotyping because you were getting embarrassed trying to pass yourself off as a business savvy CEO. The next step is to accuse me of being a "racist, gay bashing, woman hater" because I don't buy your claims of being a business executive.

You're the one that had to resort to unfounded stereotyping because you were getting embarrassed trying to pass yourself off as a business savvy CEO. The next step is to accuse me of being a "racist, gay bashing, woman hater" because I don't buy your claims of being a business executive.

Only where it was apt, and you felt compelled to jump in to defend the other ... or as I believe:

You got your ass whipped on substantive grounds, and saw an opening to scold me where I commented to another poster, in an oh so apropros way, given his/her propensity for mindless rhetoric, which the apparent mental midget lobbed my way.

I that about right? Whataya think, smart guy?

Only where it was apt, and you felt compelled to jump in to defend the other ... or as I believe:

You got your ass whipped on substantive grounds, and saw an opening to scold me where I commented to another poster, in an oh so apropros way, given his/her propensity for mindless rhetoric, which the apparent mental midget lobbed my way.

LOL...where was it exactly that I got my "ass whipped"? Your notion of how modern business functions is completely off base...you got called on it...and you resorted to name calling. It's what people who talk out of their ass DO here.

LOL...where was it exactly that I got my "ass whipped"? Your notion of how modern business functions is completely off base...you got called on it...and you resorted to name calling. It's what people who talk out of their ass DO here.

When you had a momentary lapse of judgment, by questioning my business acumen, prior to getting a meaningful sense of what it might be.

So I took tiny modicum of what I've learned in 40+ years, and went so far over your fucking head, it was embarrassing, for you, even if you don't see it.

FWIW ...

When you had a momentary lapse of judgment, by questioning my business acumen, prior to getting a meaningful sense of what it might be.

So I took tiny modicum of what I've learned in 40+ years, and went so far over your fucking head, it was embarrassing, for you, even if you don't see it.

FWIW ...

Yeah, you're a regular Donald Trump, Koios. I am awed by your "tiny modicum". LOL

FWIW ...

Yeah, you're a regular Donald Trump, Koios. I am awed by your "tiny modicum". LOL

Odd you'd choose DT as the personification of business acumen. How about the Omaha Oracle? Or Post, the cereal giant, who was awed by the little brother of Doc Kellogg, a cook at the health resort for the well-off? Maybe Henry Ford, who realized that average workers were the market needed to make his automobiles a success?

Just a thought. But the Donald is okay, too, for folks who do not wonder why a "billionaire" needs a day-job. Noodle on that; you might have an epiphany.

Last edited:

Yippe for you.

Projecting your lifestyle on others really does nothing for your position. My apologies for hurting the feelings of a mentally challenged individual. Had I known that was true fact, I'd have approached this differently with you. Now that I do, further posting to show your lack abilities will not be necessary.

Yippe for you.

Projecting your lifestyle on others really does nothing for your position. My apologies for hurting the feelings of a mentally challenged individual. Had I known that was true fact, I'd have approached this differently with you. Now that I do, further posting to show your lack abilities will not be necessary.

Thank you, an indeed I forgive you, since your heartfelt and very welcome apology may have saved me from years of therapy and medications to help cope.

Godbless you for your kindness.

(I'm rolling. Truly. And in all sincerity I thank you for that. What's life, without a good belly laugh, each and every day?)

Last edited:

Yippe for you.

Thank you, an indeed I forgive you, since your heartfelt and very welcome apology amy have saved me from years of therapy and medications to help cope.

(I'm rolling. Truly. And in all sincerity I thank you for that. What's life, without a good belly laugh, each and every day?)

Its a message board. Glad you can smile about most of it. Have a great day.

Thank you, an indeed I forgive you, since your heartfelt and very welcome apology amy have saved me from years of therapy and medications to help cope.

Its a message board. Glad you can smile about most of it. Have a great day.

Thanks for that bit of new knowledge. Hahahahaha. You too, pal. Great days, even.

;)

FWIW ...

Odd you'd choose DT as the personification of business acumen. How about the Omaha Oracle? Or Post, the cereal giant, who was awed by the little brother of Doc Kellogg, a cook at the health resort for the well-off? Maybe Henry Ford, who realized that average workers were the market needed to make his automobiles a success?

Just a thought. But the Donald is okay, too, for folks who do not wonder why a "billionaire" needs a day-job. Noodle on that; you might have an epiphany.

I doubt very much if Donald Trump "needs" a day job. He does what he does because he obviously enjoys it. I also doubt very much that "The Donald" is doing data entry in any General Ledger's or doing payroll for his empire. It seems that sarcasm is as much a mystery to you as the workings of the modern business world. Since that's the case...I'm going to let you continue on with your delusions, Koios...I can only hope that pretending to be a CEO brings you as much pleasure as BEING a CEO brings Donald Trump.

I doubt very much if Donald Trump "needs" a day job. He does what he does because he obviously enjoys it. I also doubt very much that "The Donald" is doing data entry in any General Ledger's or doing payroll for his empire. It seems that sarcasm is as much a mystery to you as the workings of the modern business world. Since that's the case...I'm going to let you continue on with your delusions, Koios...I can only hope that pretending to be a CEO brings you as much pleasure as BEING a CEO brings Donald Trump.

Being able to parse one, AND NOT DO JOURNAL ENTRIES, is something MOST businesspeople understand, and must, for the various reasons I've stated, all of which you've ignored, and thus must keep falling back on the false assertions that I claimed CEOS, senior Execs, or even Accounting Mgrs/Dirs do daily journal entries, which THEY DO NOT, but they sure as fuck know how to read one, in contrast to you, obviously.

If you cannot debate what I am saying, go away. But do not debate, with me, WHAT I HAVE NOT SAID.

Okie doke, smart guy?

OMG, this is getting funnier by the minute.

According to the latest accounts, Obama is pushing very hard on taxing the rich -- not only expiration of Bush tax cuts, but also rising the dividend and estate taxes. In exchange, Dems are proposing modest spending cuts, leaving it to Republicans to offer what else they see fit to axe.

Now that is where it gets comical -- Republicans refuse to detail any additional spending cuts! They say they are desperately needed, huge cuts too. But they are afraid -- and for a good reason too -- that if they themselves would put any specific proposals regarding the entitlement programs on the table, the voters would punish them.

So Republicnas are practically begging the Dems to do the honor and commit a political suicide.

Now tell me -- aren't they cute? Saying no to them is like taking a candy from a little girl -- breaks one's heart! I see John Boehner crying again.

Actually, this isn't something to laugh about. This is a problem for both parties, and it is the main reason we can't have an honest discussion on entitlements, specifically SS and Medicare. Cuts are going to have to be made, especially to Medicare. Without them, there is no way Medicare is sustainable. The stupid thing is that the cuts could be reasonable if they were put in place now. We could raise the retirement age, and increase payroll taxes slightly which would be a great start. While many are against raising the retirement age, it would seem to me to be better to make the cuts in benefits on the front end rather than over the entire time benefits are dispersed. Make people wait a little longer and then give them full benefits. Besides reducing costs, it increases revenue into the system as people will have to work a few extra years paying into the programs.

I was under the impression that SS is a mandatory government insurance program named FICA, (Federal Insurance Contributions Act), and that Medicare is a mandatory national social insurance program, administered by the U.S. federal government since 1965, that guarantees access to health insurance for Americans ages 65 and older and younger people with disabilities.

I have a hard time calling Insurance an entitlement, since I pay the premiums under threat of fine or imprisonment.

OMG, this is getting funnier by the minute.

According to the latest accounts, Obama is pushing very hard on taxing the rich -- not only expiration of Bush tax cuts, but also rising the dividend and estate taxes. In exchange, Dems are proposing modest spending cuts, leaving it to Republicans to offer what else they see fit to axe.

Now that is where it gets comical -- Republicans refuse to detail any additional spending cuts! They say they are desperately needed, huge cuts too. But they are afraid -- and for a good reason too -- that if they themselves would put any specific proposals regarding the entitlement programs on the table, the voters would punish them.

So Republicnas are practically begging the Dems to do the honor and commit a political suicide.

Now tell me -- aren't they cute? Saying no to them is like taking a candy from a little girl -- breaks one's heart! I see John Boehner crying again.

Actually, this isn't something to laugh about. This is a problem for both parties, and it is the main reason we can't have an honest discussion on entitlements, specifically SS and Medicare. Cuts are going to have to be made, especially to Medicare. Without them, there is no way Medicare is sustainable. The stupid thing is that the cuts could be reasonable if they were put in place now. We could raise the retirement age, and increase payroll taxes slightly which would be a great start. While many are against raising the retirement age, it would seem to me to be better to make the cuts in benefits on the front end rather than over the entire time benefits are dispersed. Make people wait a little longer and then give them full benefits. Besides reducing costs, it increases revenue into the system as people will have to work a few extra years paying into the programs.

I was under the impression that SS is a mandatory government insurance program named FICA, (Federal Insurance Contributions Act), and that Medicare is a mandatory national social insurance program, administered by the U.S. federal government since 1965, that guarantees access to health insurance for Americans ages 65 and older and younger people with disabilities.

I have a hard time calling Insurance an entitlement, since I pay the premiums under threat of fine or imprisonment.

Then call it an entitlement based on this: you paid in, so you're entitled, as opposed to food aid or other assistance, which is a gift of sorts, and thus not something you're entitled to, in the same sense.

Does that help?

Last edited:

Then call it an entitlement based on this: you paid in, so you're entitled, as opposed to food aid or other assistance, which is a gift of sorts, and thus not something you're entitled to, in the same sense.

Does that help?
SS would have been sustainable if their trust funds had not been raided to pay for other programs.

What Happened to the $2.6 Trillion Social Security Trust Fund? - Forbes

Does that help?
SS would have been sustainable if their trust funds had not been raided to pay for other programs.

It still is. We loaned to us, essentially, and it's backed by the full faith and credit of the USA, which if good enough for China, Japan, Brasil, etc, oughta be good enough for us.

SS is doing fine. No worries.

The very reason the GOP lost the election is because the GOP is the party of anti-ideas. They are more than happy to tell you what they won't do, and what is wrong with the other guy's plan, but they are so gutless that they steadfastly refuse to tell you what they will do, even as we head for the cliff.

They have become a party of utter yellow-bellied chickenshit cowards. My, how the mighty have fallen!

The defense budget can easily be cut significantly. We are spending at war levels, and the wars are over. Just look at any Before and After 9/11 defense spending chart and the obvious just SCREAMS at you.

Only a true totalitarian mindset believes we need to make that kind of emergency spending permanent.

2qbg9z4.gif

Entitlement spending can also be easily cut with a simple raising of the eligibility age for Social Security and Medicare to 70, or indexed to 6 percent of the population.

When Social Security was enacted, only 6 percent of our population was over 65. So that was the burden; 6 percent of the population.

We have since allowed that burden to steadily creep up to the point it is now 13 percent of the population, and we piled on another entitlement program (Medicare).

This is beyond stupid.

We are living longer, we should be working longer. Only a true entitlement mindset believes otherwise.

Last edited:

Does that help?

It still is. We loaned to us, essentially, and it's backed by the full faith and credit of the USA, which if good enough for China, Japan, Brasil, etc, oughta be good enough for us.

SS is doing fine. No worries.
read the article mr wizard, the SS is not liquid. youve obviously never heard of someone who is cash poor.

Forum List

Back