Republicans are ignorant about the most basic FACTS about welfare in this country

Much of the 7 trillion that has accumulated under obama was because tax cuts.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

To cause the federal government to lose $7 trillion because of taxes you would have to completely eliminate all taxes for about 3 years.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I didn't say all of it jackass. I said part of it. You're right though. Much of it was over spending. However less revenue means more debt because of lack funding. If you don't understand that, then god help you.

Do you realize how retarded you sound when you blame democrats for jobs going overseas? Where is the evidence of that you idiot? What possible connection is there for that? Just because something sounds like it could be true in that tiny brain of yours, it doesn't mean it actually is true. Quit taking responsibility from big business.

Wow! When faced with facts they can't dispute, someone's panties really get in a bunch!

Where is my evidence? It's called reality junior. As Dumbocrats have increased taxes, increased regulations, and increased salaries thanks to union extortion and/or minimum wage increases, corporations have taken more and more jobs overseas to nations that don't try to punish them for creating jobs.

Rather than going off the deep end because the facts are shaking your failed ideology to it's core, can you answer one question for me honestly?

Would any business endure the cost of severance packages for existing employees, legal costs for understanding foreign laws, costs for building new facilities in foreign lands, costs for recruiting, hiring, and training new employees, and a whole lot more if they could make the same money or more here in the U.S.? Honestly?

Corporate profits have been at an all time high.

I've explained this already - yes - because they've moved the jobs overseas where they can afford to do business and make a profit. How many times do you need this explained to you?

Shown me the evidence. Show me what regulations created by democrats specifically that are causing economic harm. You can't. You are just parroting rhetoric from the tea baggers. Tell me why is it that we have had private job growth if Obama is president and dems control the senate?

This is what your dumbass isn't getting. Yes regulations can impede economic development, but the actual economic effect regulations have is insignificant.

I know you cons struggle with basic nuance but reality is what it is.

The truth of the matter is that the wealthy receive enormous gov assistance through subsidies. The poor on the other hand get peanuts.

Let's start with the poor and SNAP (food stamps).

The average SNAP recipient receives $133 a month. The average SNAP recipient has a gross income of $744 a MONTH per household. 76% of households have at least one dependent living there. 83% of households receiving SNAP are below the poverty line. The other 17 are at the poverty line or make 130% of the poverty line. And despite what you cons like to believe, food stamps fraud is RARE.

All the sobering facts on food stamps are here.

SNAP (Food Stamps): Facts, Myths and Realities

Now the wealthy. Oh boy.

1) corporations receive $80 billion a year through state and local subsidies.

2) Federal subsidies for corporations cost TAX PAYERS 100 billion a year.

3) The official tax rate for corporations is 35%. However, because of tax breaks, corporations only pay 13% a year in taxes.

4) wealthy hedge fund managers cost tax payers 83 billion a year.

5) subsidies for fast food companies cost tax payers 243 billion a year.

6) deductions for mortgage cost tax payers 70 billion a year. 77% of this funding goes to income earners of 100,000 a year or more.

Top Ten Examples of Welfare for the Rich » CounterPunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names

The more facts we learn, the more realize just how much bullshit republicanism really is.
The one has nothing to do with the other. Apples and oranges. Stop your whining and pretense.

So basically all you have going for your side of the argument is being a full of shit liar.

Okay farmer Brown. What have I lied about? Prove me wrong or shut up.

Because it goes against his belief that we should go back on the farm and screw modern civilization. What a fucked up world view!

Nothing more comical than left-wing loons who believe the definition of "modern civilization" is going back to late 1800's Marxism/Communism... :lol:

This is what your dumbass isn't getting. Yes regulations can impede economic development, but the actual economic effect regulations have is insignificant.

Wait what? Regulations impede economic development but somehow don't because you and your unicorn riding fairies decided so?

Obiecare isn't insignificant in any way, We can see the effect, we are witnessing the effect, we are living the significance.

You've had your ass kicked around here like a fat kid at boot camp for 21 pages now. How much longer are you going to keep up being an idiot?

Do you realize how retarded you sound when you blame democrats for jobs going overseas? Where is the evidence of that you idiot? What possible connection is there for that? Just because something sounds like it could be true in that tiny brain of yours, it doesn't mean it actually is true. Quit taking responsibility from big business.

Wow! When faced with facts they can't dispute, someone's panties really get in a bunch!

Where is my evidence? It's called reality junior. As Dumbocrats have increased taxes, increased regulations, and increased salaries thanks to union extortion and/or minimum wage increases, corporations have taken more and more jobs overseas to nations that don't try to punish them for creating jobs.

Rather than going off the deep end because the facts are shaking your failed ideology to it's core, can you answer one question for me honestly?

Would any business endure the cost of severance packages for existing employees, legal costs for understanding foreign laws, costs for building new facilities in foreign lands, costs for recruiting, hiring, and training new employees, and a whole lot more if they could make the same money or more here in the U.S.? Honestly?

Corporate profits have been at an all time high.

I've explained this already - yes - because they've moved the jobs overseas where they can afford to do business and make a profit. How many times do you need this explained to you?

Shown me the evidence. Show me what regulations created by democrats specifically that are causing economic harm. You can't. You are just parroting rhetoric from the tea baggers. Tell me why is it that we have had private job growth if Obama is president and dems control the senate?

NAFTA signed by Bill Clinton has had a huge economic impact. Many jobs left the US after NAFTA was signed.

Wait what? Regulations impede economic development but somehow don't because you and your unicorn riding fairies decided so?

Obiecare isn't insignificant in any way, We can see the effect, we are witnessing the effect, we are living the significance.

You've had your ass kicked around here like a fat kid at boot camp for 21 pages now. How much longer are you going to keep up being an idiot?

Yes why am I not surprised you don't understand nuance? Insignificant obviously isn't in your vocabulary. How do we know it isn't significant? Because corporate profits are at an all time high.

NAFTA signed by Bill Clinton has had a huge economic impact. Many jobs left the US after NAFTA was signed.

You call that a regulation? It is essentially the opposite of regulation. You guys are all so funny.

NAFTA had more Republican support than Democrats.
More Democrats opposed NAFTA than Republicans by a wide margin of 4 to 1.
All Chambers of Commerce supported it.
Bush was the President that signed it in 1992, not Clinton.

Yes why am I not surprised you don't understand nuance? Insignificant obviously isn't in your vocabulary. How do we know it isn't significant? Because corporate profits are at an all time high.

Corporate profits are high? Well that sure should make everyone much happier.

Here's some nuance for you.

If you like your plan you can keep it, period. If you like your doctor you can keep them, period. The ACA will save the average family 2,500 per year.

Now some reality.

You can't keep your plan, or your doctor and your insurance is going to increase in cost no less than 50%.

See how nuanced that is? Regulations hurt people you admitted that yourself but you fail to actually recognize or acknowledge what your idea of nuance really is and that nuance pretty much equals your life gets worse.

Some kinda nuance there slick. Maybe we should all just write fairy tale nuance checks for our insurance. After all it sure isn't obies policies now is it?

Nuance bitches, it's only going to cost you double and possibly your job.

The truth of the matter is that the wealthy receive enormous gov assistance through subsidies. The poor on the other hand get peanuts.

Let's start with the poor and SNAP (food stamps).

The average SNAP recipient receives $133 a month. The average SNAP recipient has a gross income of $744 a MONTH per household. 76% of households have at least one dependent living there. 83% of households receiving SNAP are below the poverty line. The other 17 are at the poverty line or make 130% of the poverty line. And despite what you cons like to believe, food stamps fraud is RARE.

All the sobering facts on food stamps are here.

SNAP (Food Stamps): Facts, Myths and Realities

Now the wealthy. Oh boy.

1) corporations receive $80 billion a year through state and local subsidies.

2) Federal subsidies for corporations cost TAX PAYERS 100 billion a year.

3) The official tax rate for corporations is 35%. However, because of tax breaks, corporations only pay 13% a year in taxes.

4) wealthy hedge fund managers cost tax payers 83 billion a year.

5) subsidies for fast food companies cost tax payers 243 billion a year.

6) deductions for mortgage cost tax payers 70 billion a year. 77% of this funding goes to income earners of 100,000 a year or more.

Top Ten Examples of Welfare for the Rich » CounterPunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names

The more facts we learn, the more realize just how much bullshit republicanism really is.

yep. The corp tax rate is a failed meme Repubs throw out for their base. Thing is their base doesn't know the diff between "tax rate" & "effective" tax rate.

Corps need the gov't more than anyone else. Look at the farm bill- its a big give away fro agri biz like monsanto.

You call that a regulation? It is essentially the opposite of regulation. You guys are all so funny.

I know right? :p Him & AzMike lol. Repub-voting sheeple :( Repubs put a lion's share of earmarks in legislation for their big biz buddies at the expense of the poor.

I didn't say it was a regulation, did I? It was vote in congress, both parties signed the treaty and it has hurt the American working class.

I know right? :p Him & AzMike lol. Repub-voting sheeple :( Repubs put a lion's share of earmarks in legislation for their big biz buddies at the expense of the poor.

In elections, I don't care about the party, I care about the beliefs and if I'm getting snowed on. Both parties have to share blame in earmarking and hurting the working middle class. Blind partisan hacks seem to ignore the truth.

In elections, I don't care about the party, I care about the beliefs and if I'm getting snowed on. Both parties have to share blame in earmarking and hurting the working middle class. Blind partisan hacks seem to ignore the truth.

I said "a lion's share" meaning both sides do it. :eusa_hand: It is well known that Repubs are handmaidens to the *cough* financial services industry & the Dem's as well BUT the Dem's aren't willing to take food out of the mouths of the poor to fianace a tax cut for the likes of someone like Lloyd Blankfein.

I said "a lion's share" meaning both sides do it. :eusa_hand: It is well known that Repubs are handmaidens to the *cough* financial services industry & the Dem's as well BUT the Dem's aren't willing to take food out of the mouths of the poor to fianace a tax cut for the likes of someone like Lloyd Blankfein.
Yeah, those forced union jobs aren't like taking any money from someone to give to someone else...not...at...all.

Public schools to pay teachers unions? Nah, that's not screwing the poor in order to pay off someone else at all!

Those dems, they will fuck anyone but not the poor, those poor people are off limits right?

Insignificant! Are you on crack?

Regulation has MASSIVE impact on the cost of runni9ng a company. There are literally thousands of regulations to run even the simplest business. It is also the LARGEST factor in trying to start up a new business. Almost all of your startup costs come directly from attempting to comply with regulation that is largely without purpose. If you believe that regulation is insignificant then you have no idea what goes into running or maintaining a business. The costs are massive. Even something as simple as getting a license can crush your business entirely and typically take large amounts of time that ends most business ventures before they even begin. It took us a full year to get our license and just to comply with regulation that was unnecessary cost close to 10,000 dollars. Considering that miniscule scale of the business, that was entirely asinine. Here is a wonderful example of just how asinine the system can be:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFfUvrCgcAs]Logan Square Kitchen Grand Opening - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O9cJMO4B18]Little American Dream Factory: Chicago Bureaucrats Put the Brakes on an Innovative Business - YouTube[/ame]

Further, your assertion that regulation cannot be a problem because business is sitting on massive profits is completely incorrect. Regulation is NOT a problem for massive corporations. Then have the means to deal with them. Primarily that is done through going to places that don’t have those regulations. One of the core reasons that companies offshore is because they don’t have to deal with regulation and the costs that come with it. Those that cannot move have the capitol to ride the changes and increased costs out until the prices and market stabilize. You know who does not though? Smaller companies and startups – the competition to those massive companies that you complain are making too much. IOW, regulation KILLS COMPETITION for the big companies.

In short, one of the reasons that those companies make massive profits is because those same regulations make it impossible to compete. When you have the market virtually to yourself or shared between 5 companies across the entire nation you better damn well believe that they make huge sums of money. Increased regulation simply ensures that no one will ever challenge that income flow either.

I know you libs struggle with basic facts and logic but that is what it is.

No. Instead, they increase those taxes and give the ‘chosen’ rich guy a direct infusion of cash. Solyndra anyone? Subsidies for purchasing a new car or water heater?

No, they are in the bag all the same.

Forum List

Back