Republicans are mostly to blame for our debt

Now that we are closing out another failed republican president it seems like a good time to bring up debt since repubs will no doubt put there fiscally responsible hats back on for us to laugh at. It's clear big debt started with Reagan, the guy tripled the debt. We almost had it under control under Clinton, then Bush messed that up completely. Then Obama inherited the Bush mess and spent a lot, but deficits generally came down after the mess was fixed. Now Trump inherited a strong economy and still increased debt every single year. Last year pre pandemic he managed a trillion dollar deficit during a strong economy, this year he will set a new record by a lot.

Over and over and over republicans support the same policy of cut taxes, increase military spending, and drastically increase debt. And that is what has happened every time they have done it. Reagan did it, Bush did it, and now Trump did it. And repubs stupidly believe the square peg is going to fit the round hole this time.... or are they all that stupid? Many certainly are, but others clearly love the freebies. Heck better than a freebie, trumpers got their military spending and a tax cut! Government is great!

So for the last 40 years we have gotten more and more government and thanks to repubs it costs tax payers less and less. That is a formula for increasing government if I have ever seen one. So laugh whenever a repub claims to be for fiscal responsibility, their policy has clearly lead the way for more and more debt.

show me in this , your very first post where you said anything ab out the ratio of the debt to GDP.
You are just babbling stupidly and don’t understand economics.

so you can't show me where in your opening "arguments" that you said debt only matters if it reaches a certain level then?
It wasn’t discussed. Seems unnecessary since we are so deeply in debt. But you keep babbling stupidly...

you mean you didn't mention that it was one of the most important parts of your argument don't you?

I would have thought that since debt to GDP ratio was your standard of whether debt is "good " or "bad" you would have at least mentioned it.

but you didn't until you got caught with your pants down and your arguments that only republicans cut taxes and increase the debt failed
It’s common in economics. We are so bad mentioning where we should be seems pointless. You don’t understand economics.

keep bobbing and weaving you still lost this fight

Guess which party is responsible for more of the biggest debt increases in history.

Democrats.

so stop with the partisan bullshit and start speaking the truth.

We are where we are because both parties contributed to the mess and we will not get out of this mess any time soon. The debt doesn't really matter that much because a third of it is one government branch owing money to another government branch and most of the rest is owned by American banks, insurance companies and individual investors and the interest paid on the bonds those banks, insurance companies and investors own acts as a stabilizing agent in the market place.

maybe you should study up on a little economics before you tell me to huh?

Spending originates in the House of Representatives.

Since 1980 Republicans have controlled the House for 10 years, Dimwingers for 30 years.

Another massive threadfail by Brainfart.

It gets even worse, the Dems had unbroken majority of the House from 1954 to 1994, even reach 2/3 majorly for a time.
Yep, but I didn't want to confuse Brainfart since he wants to blame Reagan & Trump for everything.
As I said,braindead here,as others have pointed out so well,is clearly braindead on our history.clueless about it in the fact Reagan’s corruption is the ONLY thing he has got right here in all his babble and it is only because mr biased acknowledges that on Reaganis cause he is Gop.HD Reagan been a dem,he would never have admitted that same as he won’t admit the facts on Obama’s corruption.

Now that we are closing out another failed republican president it seems like a good time to bring up debt since repubs will no doubt put there fiscally responsible hats back on for us to laugh at. It's clear big debt started with Reagan, the guy tripled the debt. We almost had it under control under Clinton, then Bush messed that up completely. Then Obama inherited the Bush mess and spent a lot, but deficits generally came down after the mess was fixed. Now Trump inherited a strong economy and still increased debt every single year. Last year pre pandemic he managed a trillion dollar deficit during a strong economy, this year he will set a new record by a lot.

Over and over and over republicans support the same policy of cut taxes, increase military spending, and drastically increase debt. And that is what has happened every time they have done it. Reagan did it, Bush did it, and now Trump did it. And repubs stupidly believe the square peg is going to fit the round hole this time.... or are they all that stupid? Many certainly are, but others clearly love the freebies. Heck better than a freebie, trumpers got their military spending and a tax cut! Government is great!

So for the last 40 years we have gotten more and more government and thanks to repubs it costs tax payers less and less. That is a formula for increasing government if I have ever seen one. So laugh whenever a repub claims to be for fiscal responsibility, their policy has clearly lead the way for more and more debt.
History and politics not strong with you is it cum breath?
And yet you can’t deny any of the facts.
Deny what you don't know the facts.

Reagan had to compromise with tippy

Newt is the one who balanced the budget for a few
Fact is that repubs fuel increased spending with tax cuts.

so democrats take no responsibility for their increased spending they just blame republicans for cutting taxes.

got it.

Doesn't it seem to be the rationale that if everyone is to blame then no one is at fault?
Tax payers don’t care about spending because it goes on the credit card and they get tax cuts.

now you're finally getting it

No one cares about the debt.

And it ain't gonna matter before I'm dead so i don't care either
I get it, it’s the point of the OP . Nobody will care till we increase taxes, cuts are making people care less and less.

presidents have increased taxes and still no one cared.

Reagan passed the single largest peacetime tax hike in history and no one cared that he grew the debt

Clinton raised taxes and no one cared that he raised the debt

Bush #1 raised taxes and no one cared that he increased the debt

how can you keep saying that people will care when taxes are raised when they have shown just the opposite?
Tramp cared,
Trump touts tax law he previously called a disaster - YouTube

Min 120 on
no one else did

Since 1980 Republicans have controlled the House for 10 years, Dimwingers for 30 years.

And repubs passed the tax cuts when in full control. Only one farting is you trumper.
And revenues went up.

Post fail by Brainfart. :banana: :banana: :banana:
So did spending and the rate of revenue increase went down. Oops....
Keep moving those goal posts when defeated, Brainfart. :banana: :banana: :banana:
I didn’t. Stop making excuses for your stupidity.
You are in a state of denial, Brainfart. :banana: :banana: :banana:
:thankusmile: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

pretty much the entire board has observed that and recognizes this.:up:

And repubs passed the tax cuts when in full control. Only one farting is you trumper.
And revenues went up.

Post fail by Brainfart. :banana: :banana: :banana:
So did spending and the rate of revenue increase went down. Oops....
Keep moving those goal posts when defeated, Brainfart. :banana: :banana: :banana:
Could not have said it better. :thankusmile: :up:

so democrats take no responsibility for their increased spending they just blame republicans for cutting taxes.

got it.

Doesn't it seem to be the rationale that if everyone is to blame then no one is at fault?
Tax payers don’t care about spending because it goes on the credit card and they get tax cuts.

I get it, it’s the point of the OP . Nobody will care till we increase taxes, cuts are making people care less and less.

Reagan passed the single largest peacetime tax hike in history and no one cared that he grew the debt

how can you keep saying that people will care when taxes are raised when they have shown just the opposite?
Tramp cared,

Min 120 on
no one else did
Republicans loved Reagan, he cut taxes twice and he raised the lowest bracket.

Remember tramp wanted them to invest in real estate, and he was a Democrat for a long time.

Anything that he felt it was good for him. Now he wants tax cuts, but he didn't back in the 80's.

both parties add to the debt

it's a nonexistent ethical stance to say that one party is better because they accumulated a little less debt than the other.

And as we all know ( well maybe you don't) democrats only care about debt when republicans are in office and vice versa
Only one party adds spending and cuts taxes. That is the worst. People won’t care about spending till taxes increase.

it's not going to matter.

Even democrats who raise taxes still add to the debt

Reagan passed the biggest peace time tax increases in history and he still raised the debt.

No one cares about the debt stop kidding yourself
And as taxes increase people would care about the debt. Tax cuts fuel spending as tax payers have no reason to care.
don't bet on it no one cared that Reagan raised taxes and added to the debt

no one cared that Clinton raised taxes and increased the debt.

so what makes you think they will start the next time taxes are raised and the debt still goes up?
Sadly bluesman half the sheep in America have fallen for the propaganda of Reagan in denial mode he did all this,It is only because Reagan was gop that mr braindead does not evade that fact.had he been a dem we all know he would be in evade mode,just look at how he won’t face facts that obomination was a traiter to Americans and evades the facts of his corruption,proof right there thst if Reagan had been a dem,he would evade facts on his corruption as well.

got it.

Tramp cared,

Min 120 on
no one else did

Remember tramp wanted them to invest in real estate, and he was a Democrat for a long time.

Anything that he felt it was good for him. Now he wants tax cuts, but he didn't back in the 80's.
Reagan passed the largest peace time tax hike in history which basically clawed back all the money from the income tax cuts.

Trump wasn't complaining about the tax cuts he was complaining about the tax increases Reagan signed into law after the first rounds of cuts

got it.

Tramp cared,

Min 120 on
no one else did

Go away troll,you can’t stand toe to toe in a debate,anytime you get your ass handed to you on a platter that the dems are as evil as the gop,you cowardly run off with your tail between your legs everytime always evading facts the dem leaders are destroying America and your hero whitmere is a fascist who wants to destroy American lives miss America hater and commie lover.

got it.

Tramp cared,

Min 120 on
no one else did

Reagan passed the largest peace time tax hike in history which basically clawed back all the money from the income tax cuts.

Trump wasn't complaining about the tax cuts he was complaining about the tax increases Reagan signed into law after the first rounds of cuts

No he didn't, he twice cut taxes. Reagan only raised the lowest bracket in 1986.

Tramp was bitching about people playing the market instead of investing in real estate.

got it.

Tramp cared,

Min 120 on
no one else did

You will never get anywhere with this troll,miss America hater runs off everytime she is taken to school that if you vote for biden,you hate America cause trump is not your normal gop traiter like bush and Reagan were.not a globalists as them and Biden are.

got it.

Tramp cared,

Min 120 on
no one else did

Go away troll,you can’t stand toe to toe in a debate,anytime you get your ass handed to you on a platter that the dems are as evil as the gop,you cowardly run off with your tail between your legs everytime always evading facts the dem leaders are destroying America and your hero whitmere is a fascist who wants to destroy American lives miss America hater and commie lover.

Yes I like Whitmer and I hope she is gov. of Mi for another 6 years.

got it.

Tramp cared,

Min 120 on
no one else did

I hope she gets kidnapped

got it.

Tramp cared,

Min 120 on
no one else did

No he didn't, he twice cut taxes. Reagan only raised the lowest bracket in 1986.

Tramp was bitching about people playing the market instead of investing in real estate.

The Economic Recovery Act of 1981, also known as the Reagan tax cuts, was the biggest reduction in U.S. taxes of the past 70 years, possibly even the biggest ever. 1 That much is reasonably well-known.

What is less well-known is that these cuts were then followed by a series of tax increases that, if you add them all together, were almost as big as or even bigger than the 1981 cuts, depending on the measure you use.

So, despite his public opposition to higher taxes, Reagan ended up signing off on several measures intended to raise more revenue.

"Reagan was certainly a tax cutter legislatively, emotionally and ideologically. But for a variety of political reasons, it was hard for him to ignore the cost of his tax cuts," said tax historian Joseph Thorndike.

Two bills passed in 1982 and 1984 together "constituted the biggest tax increase ever enacted during peacetime,

got it.

Tramp cared,

Min 120 on
no one else did

Yeah we all know you love that fascist commie asshole mass murderer,you love commie American haters like that evil bitch,you paid dnc shill.you also hate the true patriot Americans who defied that evil woman and had their own Christmas parade in the streets of Michigan and gave her the middle finger.lol

got it.

Tramp cared,

Min 120 on
no one else did

You will never get anywhere with this troll,miss America hater runs off everytime she is taken to school that if you vote for biden,you hate America cause trump is not your normal gop traiter like bush and Reagan were.not a globalists as them and Biden are.

I try anyway

got it.

Tramp cared,

Min 120 on
no one else did

The Economic Recovery Act of 1981, also known as the Reagan tax cuts, was the biggest reduction in U.S. taxes of the past 70 years, possibly even the biggest ever. 1 That much is reasonably well-known.

What is less well-known is that these cuts were then followed by a series of tax increases that, if you add them all together, were almost as big as or even bigger than the 1981 cuts, depending on the measure you use.

So, despite his public opposition to higher taxes, Reagan ended up signing off on several measures intended to raise more revenue.

"Reagan was certainly a tax cutter legislatively, emotionally and ideologically. But for a variety of political reasons, it was hard for him to ignore the cost of his tax cuts," said tax historian Joseph Thorndike.

Two bills passed in 1982 and 1984 together "constituted the biggest tax increase ever enacted during peacetime,

Sounds awful!!

What were the rates before Reagan increased them? What were the rates after?

got it.

Tramp cared,

Min 120 on
no one else did

Sounds awful!!

What were the rates before Reagan increased them? What were the rates after?
you do understand that income taxes are not the only taxes people pay right?

got it.

Tramp cared,

Min 120 on
no one else did

got it.

Tramp cared,

Min 120 on
no one else did

Let’s not stop there,have her hung up by her breasts as well,this biased troll only loves her cause she is a dem,if she was gop,she would hate her with a passion.this troll votes for the party no matter how evil that candidate is,instead of voting for the person. :cuckoo: I myself could care less what party a person is,if trump was a democrat i would still vote for him and she would have voted for him as well and would never refer to him as tramp.

Forum List

Back