Republicans are mostly to blame for our debt

The funny (if predictable) thing is that I'm ALREADY seeing the Trumpsters complain about "Biden's spending".

This, after Trump made Keynes look like Ron freakin' Paul and took credit for the actions of the Fed.

They're not to be taken seriously.

Yep, the moment Biden takes office the Republicans will suddenly become a "fiscally conservative" party again.

Too bad PARTISANS never understand that BOTH parties are irresponsible.....because they BOTH are arms of the Establishment.

Let's not forget Trump was a LIFELONG DEMOCRAT who magically became "Republican" in the 11th hour.

If you want to get to the root of Fiscal Irresponsibility....you're going to have to look deeper than either of the two parties.
They are, but only one cuts taxes and increases spending.

And what you will never comprehend, but I've been saying here for ages, is that they PLAY BOTH SIDES.

Good cop / bad cop.

It's a Ruse played by the Establishment to keep you folks at each others throats and NEVER focused on the real problem. The Elites, Ultra Deep Pockets aka The Establishment.
Perhaps they do, but only one side cuts taxes AND increases spending.

Yep....you will never get it.....they know it and laugh all the way to the bank
I'm an independent who doesn't really like either side, so what is it you mean? One side is clearly worse for debt. Just look at the trump disaster. Trillion dollar deficit last year during a strong economy!

Think about the players.

McConnell, Pelosi, Schumer, Paul Ryan, John Boehnor etc etc etc

These people are ACTORS. Their job is to play the role of antagonist and keep the American people divided and at each others throats.

Washington DC is run by criminals who know how to play all of us against one another.
That keeps your neighbor as your enemy and focal point.....while they in DC laugh all the way to the bank

The greatest fear in Washington is any thought of the American people coming together against their hold on power and fortune.

So they have a million ways to divide. poor vs Middle class. Black vs White. Gay vs Straight, left vs Right.

These are ALL tricks to divide us against each other.

It's not about what either side does. They are playing a game against the American people.
The REAL ISSUE is the ELITES vs We The People. That's the bottom line and who vs who.
I don't much disagree with you on that, but calling them both bad gets us nowhere. It just gives both sides a reason to be bad. The people don't demand more because both sides are bad. On debt repubs are clearly worse. Calling them equally bad gives them no reason to improve.

As an extreme leftist, I can't stand the democrats any more than the republicans.
Ever since Clinton, the bankers have been in control of both parties.
Obviously only Bernie Sanders had a solution to health care costs, and it is those high health insurance costs that make our products too expensive to export.
I thought Obama was going to be great, but instead he was hardly any better at all.
He was still a hawk and expanded the wars for no reason at all.
And ACA really does not fix anything, because with private health insurance, we are still prepaying and get no say in costs or quality.

What we need to do is force all states to have a single open primary and a run off between the top 2.
Or maybe a single election where we rate all the candidates.
This 2 party system will never let a good candidate get in there.
Well yes we need to get rid of the 2 party system and get some campaign finance reform. All our politicians are bought.

Well, we have the appearance of a two party system.

Truth is it merged some time ago. What you see today is an illusion.

A really good hint is that Donald Trump won as a Republican in 2016.

Those who know all the facts see what I'm talking about clearly.
True to a point. But Trump getting elected threw a wrench into the whole two party illusion which is evidenced by the fact that he fought both parties for his entire term. The few republicans that stood by him did so out of necessity opting to let the democrats to the dirty work of obstruction. A lot of republicans were stabbing him in the back behind closed doors. Donald Trump did more for everyday Americans than any other POTUS in decades.

The funny (if predictable) thing is that I'm ALREADY seeing the Trumpsters complain about "Biden's spending".

This, after Trump made Keynes look like Ron freakin' Paul and took credit for the actions of the Fed.

Yep, the moment Biden takes office the Republicans will suddenly become a "fiscally conservative" party again.

Too bad PARTISANS never understand that BOTH parties are irresponsible.....because they BOTH are arms of the Establishment.

Let's not forget Trump was a LIFELONG DEMOCRAT who magically became "Republican" in the 11th hour.

If you want to get to the root of Fiscal Irresponsibility....you're going to have to look deeper than either of the two parties.

And what you will never comprehend, but I've been saying here for ages, is that they PLAY BOTH SIDES.

Good cop / bad cop.

It's a Ruse played by the Establishment to keep you folks at each others throats and NEVER focused on the real problem. The Elites, Ultra Deep Pockets aka The Establishment.

I'm an independent who doesn't really like either side, so what is it you mean? One side is clearly worse for debt. Just look at the trump disaster. Trillion dollar deficit last year during a strong economy!

Think about the players.

These people are ACTORS. Their job is to play the role of antagonist and keep the American people divided and at each others throats.

Washington DC is run by criminals who know how to play all of us against one another.
That keeps your neighbor as your enemy and focal point.....while they in DC laugh all the way to the bank

The greatest fear in Washington is any thought of the American people coming together against their hold on power and fortune.

So they have a million ways to divide. poor vs Middle class. Black vs White. Gay vs Straight, left vs Right.

It's not about what either side does. They are playing a game against the American people.
The REAL ISSUE is the ELITES vs We The People. That's the bottom line and who vs who.
I don't much disagree with you on that, but calling them both bad gets us nowhere. It just gives both sides a reason to be bad. The people don't demand more because both sides are bad. On debt repubs are clearly worse. Calling them equally bad gives them no reason to improve.

As an extreme leftist, I can't stand the democrats any more than the republicans.
Obviously only Bernie Sanders had a solution to health care costs, and it is those high health insurance costs that make our products too expensive to export.
I thought Obama was going to be great, but instead he was hardly any better at all.
And ACA really does not fix anything, because with private health insurance, we are still prepaying and get no say in costs or quality.

What we need to do is force all states to have a single open primary and a run off between the top 2.
Well yes we need to get rid of the 2 party system and get some campaign finance reform. All our politicians are bought.

True to a point. But Trump getting elected threw a wrench into the whole two party illusion which is evidenced by the fact that he fought both parties for his entire term. The few republicans that stood by him did so out of necessity opting to let the democrats to the dirty work of obstruction. A lot of republicans were stabbing him in the back behind closed doors. Donald Trump did more for everyday Americans than any other POTUS in decades.
That is so true on how he threw a wrench into The whole two party illusion.for decades the elite always got their way with having a puppet servant from both parties squareoff against each other never caring which one got in because there was no difference in the two.trump must have made it as far as he did to not only be one of the final two but become potus because of his wealth.He somehow beat the system and stopped this decades long charade two party system pony show.the elite never figured he would get in,either did I,I still don’t know how he beat the system. They are pissed at him for not starting any wars and doing their bidding that ever sense day one,they have plotted to remove him from office,this election fraud was planned from day one four years ago.

Good cop / bad cop.

Think about the players.

More? He has had failed policy. His tax cuts lead to huge deficits. His tariffs hurt manufacturing and lead to the giant farmer bailout. His poor pandemic response lead to the most deaths in the world. He didn't deliver his promised best healthcare. You must love failure, that explains a lot....

Good cop / bad cop.

Think about the players.

That is so true on how he threw a wrench into The whole two party illusion.for decades the elite always got their way with having a puppet servant from both parties squareoff against each other never caring which one got in because there was no difference in the two.trump must have made it as far as he did to not only be one of the final two but become potus because of his wealth.He somehow beat the system and stopped this decades long charade two party system pony show.the elite never figured he would get in,either did I,I still don’t know how he beat the system. They are pissed at him for not starting any wars and doing their bidding that ever sense day one,they have plotted to remove him from office,this election fraud was planned from day one four years ago.
Trump did exactly what republicans do. He cut taxes mostly for the wealthy, increased military spending, and greatly increased debt. He is no different.

Good cop / bad cop.

Think about the players.

Maybe....

Or...as the illusion becomes better known (or suspected) the theatrics have to be increased.

I think Trump may have started with good intentions...but the Establishment is all powerful.
If the Establishment (The Elites and Ultra Deep pockets) wanted to keep the sham going, that would necessitate keeping Americans
distracted and at each others's throats.

Imagine for just a second that the American people (left and Right) put aside their differences and instead, demanded TRUE reform in Washington.
Just imagine how this would upset the Criminal Washington DC mafia.

Keep in mind Trump was a Newyork democrat for most of his life. A staunch liberal.
You don't find it the least bit odd that magically he became the Republican messiah so suddenly?

I think no matter what, the Establishment wins every time. Regardless of who is in the White House or Congress or on the SCOTUS for that matter.
That is just how corrupt DC has become.

Final note; Every Scotus Nominee that Trump put on the SCOTUS has fallen in line and voted WITH the Establishment more often than along conservative lines. Check it out for yourself.

It's why the SCOTUS will go along with Biden's unConstitutional Gun Control edits in the coming years.

The Establishment wants Americans Disarmed....and so it will be.

Just going by the title.......
"Republicans are mostly to blame for our debt"

Kind of a ridiculous statement considering that democrats always call for trillions for support of Illegal Immigration and then
vote to send trillions more overseas.

The truth is closer to......
POLITICIANS (all) and the ESTABLISHMENT are totally to blame for our debt

Good cop / bad cop.

Think about the players.

Maybe....

Or...as the illusion becomes better known (or suspected) the theatrics have to be increased.

I think Trump may have started with good intentions...but the Establishment is all powerful.
If the Establishment (The Elites and Ultra Deep pockets) wanted to keep the sham going, that would necessitate keeping Americans

Imagine for just a second that the American people (left and Right) put aside their differences and instead, demanded TRUE reform in Washington.

Keep in mind Trump was a Newyork democrat for most of his life. A staunch liberal.
You don't find it the least bit odd that magically he became the Republican messiah so suddenly?

I think no matter what, the Establishment wins every time. Regardless of who is in the White House or Congress or on the SCOTUS for that matter.

Final note; Every Scotus Nominee that Trump put on the SCOTUS has fallen in line and voted WITH the Establishment more often than along conservative lines. Check it out for yourself.

It's why the SCOTUS will go along with Biden's unConstitutional Gun Control edits in the coming years.

I hope they are as committed to taking them as I am to keeping them.

Kind of a ridiculous statement considering that democrats always call for trillions for support of Illegal Immigration and then

Sure, but if you want people to care about debt we need to increase taxes. Repubs do the opposite and actually cut taxes while increasing spending. They are the worst.

Good cop / bad cop.

Think about the players.

Maybe....

I doubt you will have a snowball's chance in hell.
They will send a heavily armed team in an armored vehicle when they come to ask you politely to hand em over.
Your choice will be instant surrender.....or instant death.

remember, they already tried armed confiscation and succeeded hands down.
They unlawfully took (by force) thousands of citizens weapons during hurricane katrina.
NOT ONE American resisted.

Sure, but if you want people to care about debt we need to increase taxes. Repubs do the opposite and actually cut taxes while increasing spending. They are the worst.

It's really a lot more complicated than that.

Raising taxes has the effect of lowering total revenues.

It has been proven by many economists that LOWERING taxes actually increases the total tax revenue collected.
Raising taxes causes people to shift whatever they do to hide more of their taxable income....resulting in DECREASED revenues collected.

So IF we were going to go with your argument, then the reality in your eyes would be Democrats Decrease total tax revenues collected AND increase spending......
Whereas Republicans INCREASE total tax revenues AND Increase spending. Which is worse?

Anyway....you're still missing the boat.....but if you really do your research I have faith you will come to the correct conclusion.

I believe it is less of a "Democrats do this and Republicans do that" argument vs a question of what the Establishment does with BOTH parties.

Good cop / bad cop.

Think about the players.

Maybe....

I doubt you will have a snowball's chance in hell.
They will send a heavily armed team in an armored vehicle when they come to ask you politely to hand em over.
Your choice will be instant surrender.....or instant death.

remember, they already tried armed confiscation and succeeded hands down.
They unlawfully took (by force) thousands of citizens weapons during hurricane katrina.
NOT ONE American resisted.
Never saw much sense in living in a hole that is below sea level on the coast. But some people have little common sense. Consider the source.

It has been proven by many economists that LOWERING taxes actually increases the total tax revenue collected.
Raising taxes causes people to shift whatever they do to hide more of their taxable income....resulting in DECREASED revenues collected.

So IF we were going to go with your argument, then the reality in your eyes would be Democrats Decrease total tax revenues collected AND increase spending......
Whereas Republicans INCREASE total tax revenues AND Increase spending. Which is worse?

Anyway....you're still missing the boat.....but if you really do your research I have faith you will come to the correct conclusion.
You are missing the point. As taxes increase tax payers will actually demand spending cuts. Right now spending increases at will because the tax payer also gets a tax cut. Nobody will care about debt until they have to pay for some of the spending. We wouldn't be sending foreign aid all over the world if tax payers got an increase for it.

Trump tax cuts hurt revenue, so that theory may work sometimes, but sure didn't this time. The rate of revenue increase took a big hit with the trump tax cuts.

I believe it is less of a "Democrats do this and Republicans do that" argument vs a question of what the Establishment does with BOTH parties.
I think your faith is misplaced with this one, I've been trying to explain simple logic to him all day. He is either stupid, willfully ignorant or just plain obtuse--I am leaning toward #1.

You are missing the point. As taxes increase tax payers will actually demand spending cuts. Right now spending increases at will because the tax payer also gets a tax cut. Nobody will care about debt until they have to pay for some of the spending. We wouldn't be sending foreign aid all over the world if tax payers got an increase for it.

Trump tax cuts hurt revenue, so that theory may work sometimes, but sure didn't this time. The rate of revenue increase took a big hit with the trump tax cuts.

You are not knowledgeable in corporate finance.

Please take a moment to review this....

Laffer Curve - Learn How Tax Rates and Tax Revenues are Related

You are wrong. perhaps misled.
But if you are flexible and willing to be open to new concepts, this may be interesting to you.

I think your faith is misplaced with this one, I've been trying to explain simple logic to him all day. He is either stupid, willfully ignorant or just plain obtuse--I am leaning toward #1.
You have no logic. You think that people will ever care about debt when they get a tax cut for all the increased spending? You are a fool.

With all due respect........

Ignorance in America today seems to be our most abundant Gross Domestic Product

Never saw much sense in living in a hole that is below sea level on the coast. But some people have little common sense. Consider the source.

Are you saying you dispute the fact that Americans guns were confiscated during hurricane Katrina ?
There is tons of proof if you doubt that.
Don't put words in my mouth. I have no facts to agree or dispute. I made a simple statement as to the mental prowess of people that live in below sea level holes next to the ocean which could be construed as the reason that they gave up their guns willingly--if in fact that happened and I'm not saying that it did either. The other statement I made was quite clear. Come and get it!

You are not knowledgeable in corporate finance.

Please take a moment to review this....

Laffer Curve - Learn How Tax Rates and Tax Revenues are Related

You are wrong. perhaps misled.
But if you are flexible and willing to be open to new concepts, this may be interesting to you.
You are quite wrong and still missing the point. AGAIN. People don't care about spending because they aren't paying for it. As long as they get tax cuts they will never care.

Trumps tax cuts hurt revenue, that is a fact! During a strong economy revenue barely inched over the previous year. The rate of growth dropped.

Are you saying you dispute the fact that Americans guns were confiscated during hurricane Katrina ?
There is tons of proof if you doubt that.
Don't put words in my mouth. I have no facts to agree or dispute. I made a simple statement as to the mental prowess of people that live in below sea level holes next to the ocean which could be construed as the reason that they gave up their guns willingly--if in fact that happened and I'm not saying that it did either. The other statement I made was quite clear. Come and get it!
I'm sure you support lots of military spending which insures the military will have no trouble taking guns if they want to. Republicans are so very dumb.

Forum List

Back