Republicans are mostly to blame for our debt

The best you guys seem to have is that Obama let the Bush tax cuts continue during a recession. Well it still started with Bush. Republican tax cuts fuel more spending.

The best you guys seem to have is that Obama let the Bush tax cuts continue during a recession.

Raising taxes hurts the economy?

Republican tax cuts fuel more spending.

Clinton hiked taxes in 1993. He increased spending.
Clinton decreased deficits a lot.
Clinton cashed in on the peace dividend. Nothing he did decreased the deficit.
As always the truth hurts braindead feelings and has to lie to try and save face.lol

The best you guys seem to have is that Obama let the Bush tax cuts continue during a recession. Well it still started with Bush. Republican tax cuts fuel more spending.
You just keep proving over and over aga
You would raise taxes during a recession?

That would be bad?
During his 1992 campaign, Bill Clinton said we had the worst economy since the Great Depression.
If elected, he promised a middle class tax cut. Then he raised taxes instead.
Why would he raise taxes during a bad economy?
We had a strong economy the Clinton years.
we so much had a strong economy that’s why he took a shit on the constitution by signing nafta that his pal bush drew up shipping thousands of jobs off to Mexico giving the middle finger to Americans. :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

So O’s enormous spending, which only enriched Wall Street was good, but W’s and Trump’s was bad.

Do you fail to see how partisan that is?
They both cut taxes, and Bush Sr raised them, and Obama needed to continue them.
Obama the Fraud railed against W’s tax cuts “for the rich,” during his first campaign. Then as the fraud he is, gladly extended them.
He didn’t run on cuts or make his own. The Bush cuts made fiscal irresponsibility easy.
Anything to make excuses for O the Fraud...but that fucking Trump is a tax cutting and big spending asshole. Lol.

Damn dude. You’ve had your entire position destroyed by just about everybody in this thread.
:thankusmile: Indeed,you would think after all the ass beatings he has suffered from pretty much everybody on this thread,he would be embarrassed to show his face around here again.:iyfyus.jpg:

So O’s enormous spending, which only enriched Wall Street was good, but W’s and Trump’s was bad.

Obama's early deficits were much like Trump's this year. The situation where we had a poor economy causing weak tax revenues plus stimulus spending. As the economy improved under Obama the annual deficits fell. As economic improvement continued under Trump however the deficits increased.

Hard call to evaluate W's because of 9/11, although I thought the invasion of Iraq was a crappy investment.

It is nice to see the topic of the deficit being taken serious again. With a Democrat being elected just as I thought Republicans are going back to being somewhat the fiscal conservatives.

Now that we are closing out another failed republican president it seems like a good time to bring up debt since repubs will no doubt put there fiscally responsible hats back on for us to laugh at. It's clear big debt started with Reagan, the guy tripled the debt. We almost had it under control under Clinton, then Bush messed that up completely. Then Obama inherited the Bush mess and spent a lot, but deficits generally came down after the mess was fixed. Now Trump inherited a strong economy and still increased debt every single year. Last year pre pandemic he managed a trillion dollar deficit during a strong economy, this year he will set a new record by a lot.

Over and over and over republicans support the same policy of cut taxes, increase military spending, and drastically increase debt. And that is what has happened every time they have done it. Reagan did it, Bush did it, and now Trump did it. And repubs stupidly believe the square peg is going to fit the round hole this time.... or are they all that stupid? Many certainly are, but others clearly love the freebies. Heck better than a freebie, trumpers got their military spending and a tax cut! Government is great!

So for the last 40 years we have gotten more and more government and thanks to repubs it costs tax payers less and less. That is a formula for increasing government if I have ever seen one. So laugh whenever a repub claims to be for fiscal responsibility, their policy has clearly lead the way for more and more debt.
History and politics not strong with you is it cum breath?
And yet you can’t deny any of the facts.
Deny what you don't know the facts.

Reagan had to compromise with tippy

Newt is the one who balanced the budget for a few
Fact is that repubs fuel increased spending with tax cuts.

so democrats take no responsibility for their increased spending they just blame republicans for cutting taxes.

got it.

Doesn't it seem to be the rationale that if everyone is to blame then no one is at fault?
Tax payers don’t care about spending because it goes on the credit card and they get tax cuts.

now you're finally getting it

No one cares about the debt.

And it ain't gonna matter before I'm dead so i don't care either
I get it, it’s the point of the OP . Nobody will care till we increase taxes, cuts are making people care less and less.

presidents have increased taxes and still no one cared.

Reagan passed the single largest peacetime tax hike in history and no one cared that he grew the debt

Clinton raised taxes and no one cared that he raised the debt

Bush #1 raised taxes and no one cared that he increased the debt

how can you keep saying that people will care when taxes are raised when they have shown just the opposite?
Deficits decreased under Clinton. Increasing taxes is the only way. You are talking small increases. If taxes increased as much as spending then people would take notice.

no they wouldn't.

because it will never happen.

No politician will ever get elected if he says he's going to increase taxes to cover all spending.

what fantasy land do you call home?
That is the problem. And repubs are worse cause they cut taxes and increase spending.

Biden said he was increasing some taxes and was elected. It’s a start.

Obama extended the Bush tax cuts and increased spending
Extending the cuts means the rate was not changed. Had they expired rates would have increased.
but you said he should have raised taxes to cover all the spending he initiated he didn't and he still doubled the debt
I’m not saying either party is good, just that repubs are worse. Trump quickly increased Obama deficits.

and Obama doubled the debt. Democrat senators and congress men voted for republican tax cuts too you know

you are saying that it's somehow worse to die from getting strangled than getting shot when you wind up dead either way.

what you want will never happen and no democrat will do it just as no republican will.

so when you buy your ticket back to reality let me know
And trump increased Obama deficits. Bad and worse.

you need to do some homework
Republicans always start the cuts.

always?

JFK started cutting the top rate of the income tax
We didn’t have a debt problem then.
That's because we had automatic tax increases then.
And now repubs cut taxes when deeply in debt.

You keep saying that -

You won't answerer my question.
That’s because it is true

You won't understand this, because you are brainless -

A reduction in tax rates - Increases revenue to the Treasury.

Does not lower - has never lowered, has always increased.

Reagan, Bush43, Trump - cut rates, increased revenue.

(that doesn't work to infinity, but it has worked every time so far.)
The trump tax cuts lowered the rate of increase of revenue. Meanwhile Trump drastically increased deficits and nobody cares cause they got a tax cut.
Trump increased the debt by 33% in four years with a pandemic lockdown (prior to lockdown 16%). Even with the lockdown, extrapolated out to eight years, his increase was less than Barry's by 4%. This line of thinking is not logical by any means as too many factors weigh into it anyway--were there any earth-shaking global events, was the presidents party the party of congress? Morons like the OP throw out a bunch of crap looking to make click bait so these narcissists can watch their numbers grow. SMFH--shallow idiots at best.
You are confused. Trump took over and increased Obama’s deficit every single year and gave a tax cut. Nobody cares about debt cause they get a tax cut.
Shallow. You have no concept of economy. Business tax cuts are good for unemployment because it puts more money in the business so that business can hire more employees. More employees equals more taxes. No need to thank me for saving you the cost of the education. BTW, for years you morons have been saying that Trump's middle class tax cuts were fiction. You talk out of both sides of your mouth.
Trump just tried business tax cuts and they failed again. GDP growth went DOWN and he ran a trillion dollar deficit. Giant failure. Do you morons ever learn?
Barack Obama--9T increase in debt. Average deficit over 8 years, 1.125T per year. Try again. This time use some facts and figures not just your whiny garbage. But you say Trump inherited an economy--yeah a failing one. SMFH.

Brain's comments here prove my earlier post, that he lies his ads off and refuses to accept REALITY.

In Bush's 1st 6 years - during 9/11, the economic aftermath, and 2 wars - Bush and the GOP-controlled House added $2.5 Trillion in New debt. In the last 2 year's of Bush's Presidency, The DEMOCRAT-RUN House added $1.5 Trillion in New debt...the Democrats added just $1 Trillion less in only 2 years than Bush and the GOP spent in 6 years.

What arrogant, lying snowflakes like Brain always refuse to accept / mention is that the economy Barry inherited was THE DEMOCRATS' economy, as, again, they controlled the House, spending, the economy, the budget for Bush's last 2 years, the 2 years before Barry took over.

They controlled all of that for Barry's 1st 2 years, racking up debt like mad. Controlling Congress, Barry & the Democrats passed massive spending that included every wet dream pet project they had ... Like 'Shrimp on a Treadmill'...and funded disastrous programs like 'Clash for Clunkers'...

But YES, Barry inherited his own fellow Democrats' deficit-building economy...

For 8 years Barry blamed every failure on Bush...and for 4 years Barry & Democrats have tried to claim credit for Trump's successes...which include accomplishments both Barry & the World said would never happen / see in our lifetime.
And bush decreased taxes. Nobody cares about debt when they get a tax cut.
I hate saying this because W was a terrible president, however NO W did not decrease taxes. Do you have any idea who is responsible for budgets? That's right, the congress. The 110th congress was controlled by the DEMOCRATS in BOTH houses. Run your mouth some more moron. I like owning you.
It's cute how you try to deny reality.

The funny (if predictable) thing is that I'm ALREADY seeing the Trumpsters complain about "Biden's spending".

This, after Trump made Keynes look like Ron freakin' Paul and took credit for the actions of the Fed.

They're not to be taken seriously.

Yep, the moment Biden takes office the Republicans will suddenly become a "fiscally conservative" party again.

Too bad PARTISANS never understand that BOTH parties are irresponsible.....because they BOTH are arms of the Establishment.

Let's not forget Trump was a LIFELONG DEMOCRAT who magically became "Republican" in the 11th hour.

If you want to get to the root of Fiscal Irresponsibility....you're going to have to look deeper than either of the two parties.
They are, but only one cuts taxes and increases spending.

And what you will never comprehend, but I've been saying here for ages, is that they PLAY BOTH SIDES.

Good cop / bad cop.

It's a Ruse played by the Establishment to keep you folks at each others throats and NEVER focused on the real problem. The Elites, Ultra Deep Pockets aka The Establishment.

Now that we are closing out another failed republican president it seems like a good time to bring up debt since repubs will no doubt put there fiscally responsible hats back on for us to laugh at. It's clear big debt started with Reagan, the guy tripled the debt. We almost had it under control under Clinton, then Bush messed that up completely. Then Obama inherited the Bush mess and spent a lot, but deficits generally came down after the mess was fixed. Now Trump inherited a strong economy and still increased debt every single year. Last year pre pandemic he managed a trillion dollar deficit during a strong economy, this year he will set a new record by a lot.

Over and over and over republicans support the same policy of cut taxes, increase military spending, and drastically increase debt. And that is what has happened every time they have done it. Reagan did it, Bush did it, and now Trump did it. And repubs stupidly believe the square peg is going to fit the round hole this time.... or are they all that stupid? Many certainly are, but others clearly love the freebies. Heck better than a freebie, trumpers got their military spending and a tax cut! Government is great!

So for the last 40 years we have gotten more and more government and thanks to repubs it costs tax payers less and less. That is a formula for increasing government if I have ever seen one. So laugh whenever a repub claims to be for fiscal responsibility, their policy has clearly lead the way for more and more debt.
Since everything out of your mouth has been fairy tale democrat BS, I felt it was incumbent on me to set the record straight with some actual numbers. Your heeeero Barry, increased the debt by nearly 70% from 11T to 20T. But don't take my word for it, see for yourself. US Debt by President | Chart & Per President Deficit | Self.
I’ve said he wasn’t great. Clearly you are lost.
I'll direct you to the title of your post. You made the partisan statement, not me.
Nowhere does it say Obama was great. It’s clearly a case of bad and worse. Repubs are worse.
Yep, and you pointed fingers at Reagan for tripling the debt. HaHaHa. From 997B to 2T, that is just slightly more than your heeero Bill Clinton, surplus and all. Critical thinking and math, try it sometime.
An Clinton decreased deficits. You can't really compare 80s dollars to 90s.... But you aren't that smart are you?
The debt increased by 1.4T during the Clinton admin. I'm not that smart, but you, like most morons, figure if you are losing ground with your argument, you'll just move the goal posts or change the narrative. I can do that too. You whiners have complained about defunding the police, but your heeeeero, BJ Billy, increased police spending more than any other modern day pres. Also, he increased immigration for tech industries by a huge amount. You know those dems. Kick backs for their buddies and screw everybody else. Didn't last long though--Clinton presided over the tech bubble bust. Keep chasing those goal posts moron. You're out of your league.
No you are not that smart. Deficits decreased. You can't look at dollars because it's over a long time period. I'm not a democrat.
So you're an idiot moron who thinks like a democrat. No difference. And I don't care if deficits decreased and he had a surplus in his last year or not--He still presided over a 1.4T increase in the debt. Draw a circle on the wall and bash you head into it moron, you can keep repeating the same BS over and over and it is still BS.
And he decreased deficits. Trump increased every year...
Pfffft. When am I going to learn that you can't get into a battle of wits with an unarmed man. They will just drag you down to their level.
Yes you can't recognize the difference between decreasing deficits and increasing them every year.

Obama's early deficits were much like Trump's this year. The situation where we had a poor economy causing weak tax revenues plus stimulus spending. As the economy improved under Obama the annual deficits fell. As economic improvement continued under Trump however the deficits increased.

Hard call to evaluate W's because of 9/11, although I thought the invasion of Iraq was a crappy investment.

It is nice to see the topic of the deficit being taken serious again. With a Democrat being elected just as I thought Republicans are going back to being somewhat the fiscal conservatives.
Republican's still clearly aren't taking it seriously. Read the comments. They love to spend.

The funny (if predictable) thing is that I'm ALREADY seeing the Trumpsters complain about "Biden's spending".

This, after Trump made Keynes look like Ron freakin' Paul and took credit for the actions of the Fed.

Yep, the moment Biden takes office the Republicans will suddenly become a "fiscally conservative" party again.

Too bad PARTISANS never understand that BOTH parties are irresponsible.....because they BOTH are arms of the Establishment.

Let's not forget Trump was a LIFELONG DEMOCRAT who magically became "Republican" in the 11th hour.

If you want to get to the root of Fiscal Irresponsibility....you're going to have to look deeper than either of the two parties.

And what you will never comprehend, but I've been saying here for ages, is that they PLAY BOTH SIDES.

Good cop / bad cop.

It's a Ruse played by the Establishment to keep you folks at each others throats and NEVER focused on the real problem. The Elites, Ultra Deep Pockets aka The Establishment.
Perhaps they do, but only one side cuts taxes AND increases spending.

I've concluded Americans are getting EXACTLY what they deserve.

They can't think past their Ultra Blind Partisanship.

Referring to politicians and Washington DC politics......
If you think Democrats are better.....you LOSE
If you think Republicans are better.....you LOSE

Granted....individuals outside of DC are different, except they cnnot see the Ruse being played on them.

Good cop / bad cop.

Yep....you will never get it.....they know it and laugh all the way to the bank

I've concluded Americans are getting EXACTLY what they deserve.

They can't think past their Ultra Blind Partisanship.
As long as taxes never increase with spending they don't care about debt. And repubs even give a tax cut with their spending increases.

Good cop / bad cop.

I'm an independent who doesn't really like either side, so what is it you mean? One side is clearly worse for debt. Just look at the trump disaster. Trillion dollar deficit last year during a strong economy!

Good cop / bad cop.

where does blaming both parties get you? Nowhere. Nobody cares because both are bad right? Well we need to be clear who is worse for those of us who do care about the countries future.

Good cop / bad cop.

I'm an independent who doesn't really like either side, so what is it you mean? One side is clearly worse for debt. Just look at the trump disaster. Trillion dollar deficit last year during a strong economy!

Think about the players.

McConnell, Pelosi, Schumer, Paul Ryan, John Boehnor etc etc etc

These people are ACTORS. Their job is to play the role of antagonist and keep the American people divided and at each others throats. Distracted.

Washington DC is run by criminals who know how to play all of us against one another.
That keeps your neighbor as your enemy and focal point.....while they in DC laugh all the way to the bank

The greatest fear in Washington is any thought of the American people coming together against their hold on power and fortune.
So much so that they have cleverly taught division right in our schools and now Universities.
What better message to keep America divided than to teach young people to absolutely HATE America itself ???

So they have a million ways to divide. Poor vs Middle class. Black vs White. Gay vs Straight, Left vs Right.

These are ALL tricks to divide us against each other.

It's not about what either side does. They are playing a game against the American people.
The REAL ISSUE is the ELITES vs We The People. That's the bottom line and who vs who.

Last edited:

Good cop / bad cop.

Think about the players.

These people are ACTORS. Their job is to play the role of antagonist and keep the American people divided and at each others throats.

Washington DC is run by criminals who know how to play all of us against one another.
That keeps your neighbor as your enemy and focal point.....while they in DC laugh all the way to the bank

The greatest fear in Washington is any thought of the American people coming together against their hold on power and fortune.

So they have a million ways to divide. poor vs Middle class. Black vs White. Gay vs Straight, left vs Right.

It's not about what either side does. They are playing a game against the American people.
The REAL ISSUE is the ELITES vs We The People. That's the bottom line and who vs who.
I don't much disagree with you on that, but calling them both bad gets us nowhere. It just gives both sides a reason to be bad. The people don't demand more because both sides are bad. On debt repubs are clearly worse. Calling them equally bad gives them no reason to improve.

Good cop / bad cop.

Think about the players.

These people are ACTORS. Their job is to play the role of antagonist and keep the American people divided and at each others throats.

So they have a million ways to divide. poor vs Middle class. Black vs White. Gay vs Straight, left vs Right.

I don't much disagree with you on that, but calling them both bad gets us nowhere. It just gives both sides a reason to be bad. The people don't demand more because both sides are bad. On debt repubs are clearly worse. Calling them equally bad gives them no reason to improve.

As an extreme leftist, I can't stand the democrats any more than the republicans.
Ever since Clinton, the bankers have been in control of both parties.
Obviously only Bernie Sanders had a solution to health care costs, and it is those high health insurance costs that make our products too expensive to export.
I thought Obama was going to be great, but instead he was hardly any better at all.
He was still a hawk and expanded the wars for no reason at all.
And ACA really does not fix anything, because with private health insurance, we are still prepaying and get no say in costs or quality.

What we need to do is force all states to have a single open primary and a run off between the top 2.
Or maybe a single election where we rate all the candidates.
This 2 party system will never let a good candidate get in there.

Good cop / bad cop.

Think about the players.

As an extreme leftist, I can't stand the democrats any more than the republicans.
Obviously only Bernie Sanders had a solution to health care costs, and it is those high health insurance costs that make our products too expensive to export.
I thought Obama was going to be great, but instead he was hardly any better at all.
And ACA really does not fix anything, because with private health insurance, we are still prepaying and get no say in costs or quality.

What we need to do is force all states to have a single open primary and a run off between the top 2.
Well yes we need to get rid of the 2 party system and get some campaign finance reform. All our politicians are bought.

Good cop / bad cop.

Think about the players.

Well yes we need to get rid of the 2 party system and get some campaign finance reform. All our politicians are bought.

Well, we have the appearance of a two party system.

Truth is it merged some time ago. What you see today is an illusion.

A really good hint is that Donald Trump won as a Republican in 2016.

Those who know all the facts see what I'm talking about clearly.

Good cop / bad cop.

Think about the players.

I think you're seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

You are so close. YES...they BOTH are THAT BAD because both parties are now run by and for the exclusive benefit of the ELITES and ULTRA DEEP POCKETS.
It's why the very rich and well connected can avoid prosecution when you or I would be in for 20 to life.
It's why the rich are the only ones now who can become congress members or Presidents (unless backed by someone rich)

Common Men without deep pocket connections are all but banned from those political offices now.
Remember when a law was passed that removed limits to how much money corporations could contribute to campaigns?

The corruption is complete.
Now all they have to do is disarm America and VOILA!!!

Forum List

Back