🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Republicans Learn to Love Deficit Spending They Once Loathed

BertramN

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2016

The Republicans have never been truly reluctant to squander the taxpayers’ money. That is just another myth spread by conservatives.

Yes, Republicans despise all programs that offer any benefit to average Americans, and they are quick to pass laws that take money from middle income earners and put in directly into the pockets of the 0.1%. The GOP’s recent $1.5 trillion gift to the fat cats is a perfect example. Of that “gift”, 32% of voters approved, while 46% opposed. (Average of surveys by CNN, Quinnipiac University, Morning Consult, ABC/WaPo, and YouGov.)

Of course, the fact the GOP serves only the top 0.1% has been apparent for many years. It just became glaringly obvious since the beginning of the twenty-first century.

The method to the Republicans’ madness is no secret either, the more tax dollars they put into the pockets of the fat cats, the more dollars they receive in political donations. And, the loss of revenue gives them an excuse to cut programs designed to benefit average Americans.

Conservatives call it a “win for their side” whenever the GOP cuts funding for Highway maintenance and repair, bridge maintenance and repair, and dam maintenance and repair. Apparently, there are no conservatives who drive on our highways, drive over bridges, or who live in communities below dams.

Elderly conservatives dependent on Social Security, call it a “win for their side” whenever the GOP finds ways to reduce their Social Security and Medicare benefits to replace revenue lost due to tax cuts for the 0.1%.

Then, there are conservatives, especially in the red states who rely, overwhelmingly, on federal safety net programs and Medicaid. These people were thrilled with the “win for their side” when many of the benefits they need for living were cut or threatened by their beloved Republican senators and representatives.

Considering how very many middle and lower income conservatives lose so much at the hands of the Republicans, these people obviously derive some sort of depraved thrill knowing progressives’ efforts, to help them and other average Americans live better lives, have been set back.

But the funniest gang of conservatives is the American farmers. Nearly all are conservative, and they cheered for the idiot Trump when he stated all immigrants from Mexico were murders, rapists, drug dealers, etc. He campaigned on the issue of immigration reform, promising to deport all 11 million undocumented foreigners as soon as he was in the White House.

What the farmers failed to remember, a vast majority of them cannot get their crops from field to market without the “wetbacks”. For those people who deal, or have dealt with farmers, most of them understand, as a group, farmers are not the brightest bunch. So, it comes as no surprise to this these folks that farmers did not know how difficult it is to arrest and deport Mexicans who are truly murders, rapists, drug dealers, etc., and how easy it is to locate, apprehend, and deport undocumented farm workers.

The tearful pleas from farming communities to “bring back our ‘wetbacks’ “ was heard in many states when harvest time came around last autumn. Without the “ wetbacks”, large numbers of planted acres were left to rot.

Yes, for conservatives who laugh at the misfortune of others, this OP is funny. But, when everything comes crashing down on the conservative groups mentioned above, the only conservatives who will be laughing will be the very rich.

So, people from Texas, guys named Dale, and the other conservatives on these message boards who like to laugh, giggle away. Most of you won’t be laughing much longer And very, very few of you have actually won anything personally. For progressives, knowing this to be true, is funniest of all.

As always, thoughtful comments are welcome. Unfortunately, in the conservatives' responses to this thread we can expect only their typical nonsense, denial, alternate facts, and off-topic silliness. (e.g. non-sequiturs, ratings, transference, memes, etc.), to which any reply is a waste of time.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/08/us/politics/republicans-spending-deficits-debt.html

The Republicans have never been truly reluctant to squander the taxpayers’ money. That is just another myth spread by conservatives.

Yes, Republicans despise all programs that offer any benefit to average Americans, and they are quick to pass laws that take money from middle income earners and put in directly into the pockets of the 0.1%. The GOP’s recent $1.5 trillion gift to the fat cats is a perfect example. Of that “gift”, 32% of voters approved, while 46% opposed. (Average of surveys by CNN, Quinnipiac University, Morning Consult, ABC/WaPo, and YouGov.)

Of course, the fact the GOP serves only the top 0.1% has been apparent for many years. It just became glaringly obvious since the beginning of the twenty-first century.

The method to the Republicans’ madness is no secret either, the more tax dollars they put into the pockets of the fat cats, the more dollars they receive in political donations. And, the loss of revenue gives them an excuse to cut programs designed to benefit average Americans.

Conservatives call it a “win for their side” whenever the GOP cuts funding for Highway maintenance and repair, bridge maintenance and repair, and dam maintenance and repair. Apparently, there are no conservatives who drive on our highways, drive over bridges, or who live in communities below dams.

Elderly conservatives dependent on Social Security, call it a “win for their side” whenever the GOP finds ways to reduce their Social Security and Medicare benefits to replace revenue lost due to tax cuts for the 0.1%.

Then, there are conservatives, especially in the red states who rely, overwhelmingly, on federal safety net programs and Medicaid. These people were thrilled with the “win for their side” when many of the benefits they need for living were cut or threatened by their beloved Republican senators and representatives.

Considering how very many middle and lower income conservatives lose so much at the hands of the Republicans, these people obviously derive some sort of depraved thrill knowing progressives’ efforts, to help them and other average Americans live better lives, have been set back.

But the funniest gang of conservatives is the American farmers. Nearly all are conservative, and they cheered for the idiot Trump when he stated all immigrants from Mexico were murders, rapists, drug dealers, etc. He campaigned on the issue of immigration reform, promising to deport all 11 million undocumented foreigners as soon as he was in the White House.

What the farmers failed to remember, a vast majority of them cannot get their crops from field to market without the “wetbacks”. For those people who deal, or have dealt with farmers, most of them understand, as a group, farmers are not the brightest bunch. So, it comes as no surprise to this these folks that farmers did not know how difficult it is to arrest and deport Mexicans who are truly murders, rapists, drug dealers, etc., and how easy it is to locate, apprehend, and deport undocumented farm workers.

The tearful pleas from farming communities to “bring back our ‘wetbacks’ “ was heard in many states when harvest time came around last autumn. Without the “ wetbacks”, large numbers of planted acres were left to rot.

Yes, for conservatives who laugh at the misfortune of others, this OP is funny. But, when everything comes crashing down on the conservative groups mentioned above, the only conservatives who will be laughing will be the very rich.

So, people from Texas, guys named Dale, and the other conservatives on these message boards who like to laugh, giggle away. Most of you won’t be laughing much longer And very, very few of you have actually won anything personally. For progressives, knowing this to be true, is funniest of all.

As always, thoughtful comments are welcome. Unfortunately, in the conservatives' responses to this thread we can expect only their typical nonsense, denial, alternate facts, and off-topic silliness. (e.g. non-sequiturs, ratings, transference, memes, etc.), to which any reply is a waste of time.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/08/us/politics/republicans-spending-deficits-debt.html

As long as it is for war and nothing worth while.

May I remind you that Democrats are now the ones screaming about the budget deficit after blowing it up for 8 years? The amnesia is strong in this one.

Yes, the Dems are doing that. And at the same time the Repubs are cheering for budget deficits after 8 years of whining about them (which was preceded by 8 years of not giving a shit about them).

Both sides are equally hypocritical in this area

Another surreal, dishonest liberal OP about Republicans and spending. If there were 60 Republicans in the Senate right now, there would be spending cuts or at least zero spending growth. How quickly liberals like to forget that it was thanks to the Republican sequester that spending was held to virtually zero growth from 2013-2016.

May I remind you that Democrats are now the ones screaming about the budget deficit after blowing it up for 8 years? The amnesia is strong in this one.

Yes, the Dems are doing that. And at the same time the Repubs are cheering for budget deficits after 8 years of whining about them (which was preceded by 8 years of not giving a shit about them).

Isn't that what I just said?
Truth is, no matter what party it is, they'll wind up wasting your money. Nobody can be held guiltless.

Truth is, no matter what party it is, they'll wind up wasting your money. Nobody can be held guiltless.

Excpt you forgot to mention your own amnesia

Your reading comprehension leaves much to be desired.

You are trying to pick a fight with me and I will not take the bait.

If you have anything productive to say to me, I'm all eyes.

Nothing wrong with my reading comprehension, perhaps you should had added your "qualifier" to the post I respond to vice a different post. Clearly when I made my post I had not seen your second post.

Nothing wrong with my reading comprehension, perhaps you should had added your "qualifier" to the post I respond to vice a different post. Clearly when I made my post I had not seen your second post.
No. It's your job to pay attention.

Have a good morning.

When are you gonna get new talking points? Those are decades old.

Still loath it so I’m not sure what you’re talking about. I also don’t see 60 senators willing to cut so we’re pretty well screwed there but I have an idea. We have some Republicans willing to make cuts and now that the Dems have decided the debt is bad maybe you lefties can vote some of your own cost cutters in and actually get it done. It’s going to take both parties to do it.

As has been pointed out, both parties do this.

The only way to stop it is to support your local Article V movement. States need to rise up and amend the Constitution to have some sort of budgetary restraint.

They also need term limits in Congress.

We all know that is the only hope here.

Wrong. Democrats did not cry about the deficit. That's why they voted for the bill. Dumbass.

On the face of it that would not appear to be the case.

Total%20Increase%20in%20debt%20to%20GDP%20overall-thumb-300x246-103309.jpg

https://www.theatlantic.com

Wrong. Democrats always liked to spend. GOP is the only hypocrite

Forum List

Back