Republicans like to think they understand the concept of “free shit” but actually don’t

Then they shouldn’t take the loan.

Besides, that’s idiotic left-wing propaganda that you were too stupid to recognize. I’ve known hundreds of people with college loans (including physicians with over $250,000 in loans) and every last one of them was able to pay it back.

You are too stupid to recognize the difference between “unable to” and “not wanting to”.
Yeah obviously it’s better not to take the loan, but the point is, in order to get a full education they must. Doesn’t that seem wrong to you? Educated people benefit society in general.

Right, and if government doesn't educate them, they can't do it themselves. So what's wrong with graduating high school, living with your parents for five years, and in that time, work your ass off 50 hours a week and save that money? You would only be 23 years old when you start college.
Lol um doing that would pay for like 1 year of college, if that. It’s not people have the luxury to do that anyway.

Okay, so let's say somebody does exactly what I suggest. Their first year of working they make about 25K. After they get some experience at something, they make 30K. Maybe for the next three years, they make 35K.

That's about 135K in those five years. Minus taxes, say about 90K. But....if you invested that money the entire time, maybe you made another 5K on that.

So 95K will pay for a good chunk of your education. Plus you can still work on the weekends and part-time at night to sustain you the rest of the way through college.
Dude in what universe would parents allow their kid to live in their house for 5 years rent free and any other expenses paid? There is nothing practical about this idea for people in general.

What are you talking about? Ever read anything about younger people these days? People are living with their parents longer than anytime in history, with or without college. So what I'm proposing is probably a situation most younger people have available. Hell, my nephew is still living with his mother, and he's 35.

Yeah obviously it’s better not to take the loan, but the point is, in order to get a full education they must. Doesn’t that seem wrong to you? Educated people benefit society in general.

Right, and if government doesn't educate them, they can't do it themselves. So what's wrong with graduating high school, living with your parents for five years, and in that time, work your ass off 50 hours a week and save that money? You would only be 23 years old when you start college.
Lol um doing that would pay for like 1 year of college, if that. It’s not people have the luxury to do that anyway.

Okay, so let's say somebody does exactly what I suggest. Their first year of working they make about 25K. After they get some experience at something, they make 30K. Maybe for the next three years, they make 35K.

That's about 135K in those five years. Minus taxes, say about 90K. But....if you invested that money the entire time, maybe you made another 5K on that.

So 95K will pay for a good chunk of your education. Plus you can still work on the weekends and part-time at night to sustain you the rest of the way through college.
Dude in what universe would parents allow their kid to live in their house for 5 years rent free and any other expenses paid? There is nothing practical about this idea for people in general.

What are you talking about? Ever read anything about younger people these days? People are living with their parents longer than anytime in history, with or without college. So what I'm proposing is probably a situation most younger people have available. Hell, my nephew is still living with his mother, and he's 35.
Yeah and it’s because wages are way behind on the cost of living in comparison to past generations. That 18 year old kid can’t find a job that pays over $15 per hour so he is stuck living with his parents. That isn’t going to translate into savings for a college education.

Yeah and it’s because wages are way behind on the cost of living in comparison to past generations. That 18 year old kid can’t find a job that pays over $15 per hour so he is stuck living with his parents. That isn’t going to translate into savings for a college education.

No, a lot of the problem is that people are on drugs. Better paying jobs drug test, and people are not willing to quit smoking pot to make more money. Plenty of good jobs around, but they're not going to come knocking at your door.

I was doing some work at my mothers house today. She informed me that my cousin lost his rent. He was living there for years. Then his car was shot and he lost that. Now he's just living with his GF and not doing anything. He's spaced out on something.

About a year ago when I was making a delivery to a steel company, the shipper asked if I knew anybody looking for work? I told him I didn't, but in case I did, what was the starting pay? He told me the starting pay is $15.50 an hour, but if you're a half-way decent worker, you will quickly move up to $18.00 or even more.

I asked if they ever thought of advertising? He replied that they do, but they can't find anybody. They have seminars for all the applicants. Usually about 15 to 20 show up. The HR conducts the seminar, and first off states that their company does random drug screens, and if anybody can't pass one, it's not worth their time staying for the seminar. He said about 12 or more get up and walk out of the room.

It's a huge problem for younger folks today.

No, a lot of the problem is that people are on drugs. Better paying jobs drug test, and people are not willing to quit smoking pot to make more money. Plenty of good jobs around, but they're not going to come knocking at your door.

I was doing some work at my mothers house today. She informed me that my cousin lost his rent. He was living there for years. Then his car was shot and he lost that. Now he's just living with his GF and not doing anything. He's spaced out on something.

About a year ago when I was making a delivery to a steel company, the shipper asked if I knew anybody looking for work? I told him I didn't, but in case I did, what was the starting pay? He told me the starting pay is $15.50 an hour, but if you're a half-way decent worker, you will quickly move up to $18.00 or even more.

I asked if they ever thought of advertising? He replied that they do, but they can't find anybody. They have seminars for all the applicants. Usually about 15 to 20 show up. The HR conducts the seminar, and first off states that their company does random drug screens, and if anybody can't pass one, it's not worth their time staying for the seminar. He said about 12 or more get up and walk out of the room.

As usual you rely on your anecdotes and expect anyone to call that evidence of a wider issue. The facts are that wages are way behind on the cost of living. There just isn’t any getting around that.

Here is how free shit works.

Come for confiscating the guns, get free bullets.

As usual you rely on your anecdotes and expect anyone to call that evidence of a wider issue. The facts are that wages are way behind on the cost of living. There just isn’t any getting around that.

Under Trump wages are rising first time in decades in real terms.

Reason: Democrat's American replacement programs are the reason wages are stagnant. Along with taxes and endless fees so that they can enrich themselves and the moocher class Bill included...

Not at all. In my industry, we need over 30,000 drivers we can't find. Some companies are willing to train and get you licensed for free. You just have to work for them for a year, or perhaps two at most.

My father is a retired bricklayer. His union sends them information about the trade. They are asking their retirees to find younger people to check out the industry. Mind you, bricklaying is very hard work, and up north, it also pays very well. My father is 88 years old now and they still provide him with his pension. He retired at the age of 62. Don't get me wrong, a lot of people are interested for that kind of money, but none that can pass a drug test.

Walmart to hire hundreds of truck drivers, raise salary to nearly $90,000

Taxes are the price we pay to live in a civilized society
Oliver Wendell Holmes

They do pay taxes, it's just the greedy left wants even more.
Yes we do

You have to tax where the money is and the money is not with the working class
I would like to see the wealthy pay at the rates they did in the past so we have more money to spend on healthcare, education, infrastructure and public services

If the tax rates were that high, the money, the wealthy, or both would leave the country, and then you'd have no choice but to tax the middle-class. If this concept of taking more from some because they have more than you is proper, then why not do that to everybody?

You have three big screen televisions in your house. Would it not be proper for government to take one of those televisions and give it to somebody that doesn't have a big screen television? Maybe you have eight beautiful bushes in front of your home. Would it not be proper to take three of those bushes and give them to a home that has none?

Somebody has more than you and always will, just like you have more than a lot of people as well. It's easy to take somebody else's money. It's much harder when it's your money.
We have had higher tax rates in the past and there was not a mass exodus of the wealthy

Your examples are just plain silly. We are not looking to confiscate possessions but future wealth

Someone has more than me, they should have a higher effective tax rate

You don't consider money the property of a person, no more than their car, their home, their appliances? Sorry, but that's exactly what money is. It's your property. You created it, you are free to do what you want with it, you are free to give it to anybody you desire.

Wealthy people in the past didn't have as many places to go many years ago. Without satellites, overseas travel was dangerous. With out prehistoric ways of communication, running your business was nearly impossible.

Today, not only can a business person run their company sitting on his toilet, They can also get up to the second information on their investments. You don't have to fly all your top managers to Brazil for your monthly meeting. You can do it on your laptop.

Not at all. In my industry, we need over 30,000 drivers we can't find. Some companies are willing to train and get you licensed for free. You just have to work for them for a year, or perhaps two at most.

My father is a retired bricklayer. His union sends them information about the trade. They are asking their retirees to find younger people to check out the industry. Mind you, bricklaying is very hard work, and up north, it also pays very well. My father is 88 years old now and they still provide him with his pension. He retired at the age of 62. Don't get me wrong, a lot of people are interested for that kind of money, but none that can pass a drug test.

Bricklaying?

That is why we hire Mexicans

They do pay taxes, it's just the greedy left wants even more.
Yes we do

I would like to see the wealthy pay at the rates they did in the past so we have more money to spend on healthcare, education, infrastructure and public services

If the tax rates were that high, the money, the wealthy, or both would leave the country, and then you'd have no choice but to tax the middle-class. If this concept of taking more from some because they have more than you is proper, then why not do that to everybody?

You have three big screen televisions in your house. Would it not be proper for government to take one of those televisions and give it to somebody that doesn't have a big screen television? Maybe you have eight beautiful bushes in front of your home. Would it not be proper to take three of those bushes and give them to a home that has none?

Somebody has more than you and always will, just like you have more than a lot of people as well. It's easy to take somebody else's money. It's much harder when it's your money.
We have had higher tax rates in the past and there was not a mass exodus of the wealthy

Your examples are just plain silly. We are not looking to confiscate possessions but future wealth

You don't consider money the property of a person, no more than their car, their home, their appliances? Sorry, but that's exactly what money is. It's your property. You created it, you are free to do what you want with it, you are free to give it to anybody you desire.

Wealthy people in the past didn't have as many places to go many years ago. Without satellites, overseas travel was dangerous. With out prehistoric ways of communication, running your business was nearly impossible.

Today, not only can a business person run their company sitting on his toilet, They can also get up to the second information on their investments. You don't have to fly all your top managers to Brazil for your monthly meeting. You can do it on your laptop.

If that's the case, why is it half of the people who live here are not paying income taxes?

Bricklaying?

Yes, thanks to the filthy Democrats who welcome them here.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the worst inequality and upward mobility in our history. Thanks GOP. No it's just people magically got lazy and stupid. Poor America

Bricklaying?

pass the 2010 Democratic comprehensive immigration bill with the ID card it started with and end this ridiculous GOP scam. That is the only solution and the story like other countries do. turns out it's actually the GOP that loves the cheap easily bullied labor. You people only care in the middle of a GOP depression otherwise they love the cheap gardeners maids & construction. The stupid wall will do nothing ditto your unconstitutional harassment laws. You might also end the ridiculous war on drugs that is sending all these people up here. There is no immigration crisis there is an asylum crisis.

Bricklaying?

You just said they can’t find Americans to fill those jobs

Yes we do

If that's the case, why is it half of the people who live here are not paying income taxes?
because that is our only progressive tax and brainwashed people like you can only think in terms of federal income taxes. If you count all taxes everyone is paying the same percentage and the rich are getting incredibly richer. Flat tax is a huge giveaway to the rich and a screw job for everyone else. Our infrastructure and middle-class have been going to hell for 35 years now.

Bricklaying?

pass the 2010 Democratic comprehensive immigration bill with the ID card it started with and end this ridiculous GOP scam. That is the only solution and the story like other countries do. turns out it's actually the GOP that loves the cheap easily bullied labor. You people only care in the middle of a GOP depression otherwise they love the cheap gardeners maids & construction. The stupid wall will do nothing ditto your unconstitutional harassment laws. You might also end the ridiculous war on drugs that is sending all these people up here. There is no immigration crisis there is an asylum crisis.

pass the 2010 Democratic comprehensive immigration bill with the ID card

Why didn't Dems pass it in 2010?

because that is our only progressive tax and brainwashed people like you can only think in terms of federal income taxes. If you count all taxes everyone is paying the same percentage and the rich are getting incredibly richer. Flat tax is a huge giveaway to the rich and a screw job for everyone else. Our infrastructure and middle-class have been going to hell for 35 years now.

If you count all taxes everyone is paying the same percentage

Liar.

Bricklaying?

You just said they can’t find Americans to fill those jobs

That is correct, they can't. This is how wages naturally go up. The answer isn't bringing in illegals to do the job, the answer is to focus on our drug problem. The Democrat states are legalizing drugs instead of fighting against them. Even if dope is legal, that still doesn't mean that employers will stop drug testing.

If you count all taxes everyone is paying the same percentage

Liar.
How many times do I have to show you? Google the only tax graph you need to know -straight from the IRS.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back