Republicans like to think they understand the concept of “free shit” but actually don’t

We have had higher tax rates in the past and there was not a mass exodus of the wealthy

Your examples are just plain silly. We are not looking to confiscate possessions but future wealth

Someone has more than me, they should have a higher effective tax rate

You don't consider money the property of a person, no more than their car, their home, their appliances? Sorry, but that's exactly what money is. It's your property. You created it, you are free to do what you want with it, you are free to give it to anybody you desire.

Wealthy people in the past didn't have as many places to go many years ago. Without satellites, overseas travel was dangerous. With out prehistoric ways of communication, running your business was nearly impossible.

Today, not only can a business person run their company sitting on his toilet, They can also get up to the second information on their investments. You don't have to fly all your top managers to Brazil for your monthly meeting. You can do it on your laptop.
Taxes are the price we pay to live in a civilized society

If that's the case, why is it half of the people who live here are not paying income taxes?
because that is our only progressive tax and brainwashed people like you can only think in terms of federal income taxes. If you count all taxes everyone is paying the same percentage and the rich are getting incredibly richer. Flat tax is a huge giveaway to the rich and a screw job for everyone else. Our infrastructure and middle-class have been going to hell for 35 years now.

If you count all taxes everyone is paying the same percentage

Liar.
Troll

As usual you rely on your anecdotes and expect anyone to call that evidence of a wider issue. The facts are that wages are way behind on the cost of living. There just isn’t any getting around that.

Not at all. In my industry, we need over 30,000 drivers we can't find. Some companies are willing to train and get you licensed for free. You just have to work for them for a year, or perhaps two at most.

My father is a retired bricklayer. His union sends them information about the trade. They are asking their retirees to find younger people to check out the industry. Mind you, bricklaying is very hard work, and up north, it also pays very well. My father is 88 years old now and they still provide him with his pension. He retired at the age of 62. Don't get me wrong, a lot of people are interested for that kind of money, but none that can pass a drug test.

Walmart to hire hundreds of truck drivers, raise salary to nearly $90,000
Bricklaying?

That is why we hire Mexicans

Yes, thanks to the filthy Democrats who welcome them here.
pass the 2010 Democratic comprehensive immigration bill with the ID card it started with and end this ridiculous GOP scam. That is the only solution and the story like other countries do. turns out it's actually the GOP that loves the cheap easily bullied labor. You people only care in the middle of a GOP depression otherwise they love the cheap gardeners maids & construction. The stupid wall will do nothing ditto your unconstitutional harassment laws. You might also end the ridiculous war on drugs that is sending all these people up here. There is no immigration crisis there is an asylum crisis.

pass the 2010 Democratic comprehensive immigration bill with the ID card

Why didn't Dems pass it in 2010?
Because they did not have 60 votes in the Senate and the GOP obstructed everything. Plus the ID card is poison because the GOP calls them Communists for it. Now the GOP has to change its mind on that. But they won't because they love illegal immigrants bringing down labor costs. Duped again aren't you?

You don't consider money the property of a person, no more than their car, their home, their appliances? Sorry, but that's exactly what money is. It's your property. You created it, you are free to do what you want with it, you are free to give it to anybody you desire.

Wealthy people in the past didn't have as many places to go many years ago. Without satellites, overseas travel was dangerous. With out prehistoric ways of communication, running your business was nearly impossible.

Today, not only can a business person run their company sitting on his toilet, They can also get up to the second information on their investments. You don't have to fly all your top managers to Brazil for your monthly meeting. You can do it on your laptop.

If that's the case, why is it half of the people who live here are not paying income taxes?
because that is our only progressive tax and brainwashed people like you can only think in terms of federal income taxes. If you count all taxes everyone is paying the same percentage and the rich are getting incredibly richer. Flat tax is a huge giveaway to the rich and a screw job for everyone else. Our infrastructure and middle-class have been going to hell for 35 years now.

Liar.
How many times do I have to show you? Google the only tax graph you need to know straight from the IRS.

Show me your lying chart as many times as you'd like, liar.

Everyone pays the same rate for sales tax, some state income taxes and Social Security.

Rich people pay much higher rates for Federal income tax, some state income taxes, dividends and capital gains.

Not at all. In my industry, we need over 30,000 drivers we can't find. Some companies are willing to train and get you licensed for free. You just have to work for them for a year, or perhaps two at most.

My father is a retired bricklayer. His union sends them information about the trade. They are asking their retirees to find younger people to check out the industry. Mind you, bricklaying is very hard work, and up north, it also pays very well. My father is 88 years old now and they still provide him with his pension. He retired at the age of 62. Don't get me wrong, a lot of people are interested for that kind of money, but none that can pass a drug test.

Bricklaying?

pass the 2010 Democratic comprehensive immigration bill with the ID card it started with and end this ridiculous GOP scam. That is the only solution and the story like other countries do. turns out it's actually the GOP that loves the cheap easily bullied labor. You people only care in the middle of a GOP depression otherwise they love the cheap gardeners maids & construction. The stupid wall will do nothing ditto your unconstitutional harassment laws. You might also end the ridiculous war on drugs that is sending all these people up here. There is no immigration crisis there is an asylum crisis.

pass the 2010 Democratic comprehensive immigration bill with the ID card

Why didn't Dems pass it in 2010?
Because they did not have 60 votes in the Senate and the GOP obstructed everything. Plus the ID card is poison because the GOP calls them Communists for it. Now the GOP has to change its mind on that. But they won't because they love illegal immigrants bringing down labor costs. Duped again aren't you?

Because they did not have 60 votes in the Senate and the GOP obstructed everything.

Waah, poor weak Dems.

So how close did they get to 60?

What do you have against the pride that comes with accomplishing a goal through smart decisions and hard work, Billy000?

Last edited:

Liar.
How many times do I have to show you? Google the only tax graph you need to know straight from the IRS.

Everyone pays the same rate for sales tax, some state income taxes and Social Security.

Rich people pay much higher rates for Federal income tax, some state income taxes, dividends and capital gains.
And the non-rich pay about twice as much in state and local taxes. Payroll taxes ditto

What do have against the pride that comes with accomplishing a goal through smart decisions and hard work, Billy000?
Nobody is arguing with your GOP brainwash of blather, the problem is we don't tax the rich enough to pay for investment in infrastructure and education and training for the middle class, so we have the worst upward mobility and inequality ever. People didn't just get stupid and lazy.

What do have against the pride that comes with accomplishing a goal through smart decisions and hard work, Billy000?
Nobody is arguing with your GOP brainwash of blather, the problem is we don't tax the rich enough to pay for investment in infrastructure and education and training for the middle class, so we have the worst upward mobility and inequality ever. People didn't just get stupid and lazy.
Why should people who worked hard and made smart decisions pay extra to cover the costs of stupid/lazy people who want what they have?

Last edited:
Why should people who worked hard and made smart decisions pay extra to cover the costs of stupid people who want what they have?
Nobody is talking about raising taxes on anyone but the rich who are ridiculously bloated at this point. But carry on with the brainwash

Liar.

And the non-rich pay about twice as much in state and local taxes. Payroll taxes ditto

And the non-rich pay about twice as much in state and local taxes.

You're lying.....or really bad at math.

Here in Chicago, the combined state, city and county sales tax is 10.25%, minimum.
The rich pay the same rate as the poor.

Payroll taxes ditto

2019 Social Security taxes were 6.2% on the first $132,900 in wages.
2019 Medicare taxes were 1.45%, with no cap.
Everyone pays the same rate....the self-employed pay double, rich or poor.

Why should people who worked hard and made smart decisions pay extra to cover the costs of stupid people who want what they have?
Nobody is talking about raising taxes on anyone but the rich who are ridiculously bloated at this point. But carry on with the brainwash

No one believes you.

:laugh:

You aren’t too smucking fart.

My GF’s first job was pharmacy tech at a hospital. She’s now a nurse practitioner.
Would you like to guess who paid for her education?
:)

Billy000 sounds like a typical lazy person who thinks everything should be easy.
No that’s just something you want to be true because it makes it easy to dismiss my point.

What was your "point" again?
That taxpayers paying Guadalupe to traverse our border and drop litters of brown filth in our laps is one and the same with taxpayers paying for fire and police services?
Am I right?

As usual you rely on your anecdotes and expect anyone to call that evidence of a wider issue. The facts are that wages are way behind on the cost of living. There just isn’t any getting around that.

Bricklaying?

You just said they can’t find Americans to fill those jobs

That is correct, they can't. This is how wages naturally go up. The answer isn't bringing in illegals to do the job, the answer is to focus on our drug problem. The Democrat states are legalizing drugs instead of fighting against them. Even if dope is legal, that still doesn't mean that employers will stop drug testing.

The War on Drugs did not work
Decriminalization does....it works around the world

Billy000 sounds like a typical lazy person who thinks everything should be easy.
No that’s just something you want to be true because it makes it easy to dismiss my point.

That taxpayers paying Guadalupe to traverse our border and drop litters of brown filth in our laps is one and the same with taxpayers paying for fire and police services?
Am I right?
Seems you are the filth that shouldn’t be here

Bricklaying?

You just said they can’t find Americans to fill those jobs

That is correct, they can't. This is how wages naturally go up. The answer isn't bringing in illegals to do the job, the answer is to focus on our drug problem. The Democrat states are legalizing drugs instead of fighting against them. Even if dope is legal, that still doesn't mean that employers will stop drug testing.

The War on Drugs did not work
Decriminalization does....it works around the world

How about the war on black poverty? Has that worked...should we stop that war as well?
How about the war on rape and murder...have we ended rape and murder...is it time to decriminalize it?

Am I right?
Seems you are the filth that shouldn’t be here

By backwards LefTarded definition I'm definitely filth...thank God.

Oliver Wendell Holmes
Taxes are a compulsory levy placed on one in exchange for work provided on my behalf (a representative, a judge, etc.).

Tell me snowflake, what service are you and your fellow parasites providing me when you get “free” food, healthcare, and education?

Take your time. I’ll wait. :popcorn:

Forum List

Back