Republicans Own Detroit Bankruptcy

That total jumps another trillion every day to you wingnuts! :lol:

It was 10T when he took office, its 17T today. he has added 7T to the national debt. In the next 3 years he will add another 3T or more. He is piling massive debt on YOUR KIDS AND GRANDKIDS, and you just grin and continue to worship him, amazing!

Who has the control of the money in Washington, dumbass? the House or the President?

Answer that, moron.

I will answer that question since you don't have a clue how our government works. All MONEY bills come out of the House but the Senate, you know the Congressional branch that is controlled by the democrats. must concur and if they do the president must either agree to or veto. So in the final say its the democrats 100%.

it was 10t when he took office, its 17t today. He has added 7t to the national debt. In the next 3 years he will add another 3t or more. He is piling massive debt on your kids and grandkids, and you just grin and continue to worship him, amazing!

who has the control of the money in washington, dumbass? The house or the president?

Answer that, moron.

i will answer that question since you don't have a clue how our government works. All money bills come out of the house but the senate, you know the congressional branch that is controlled by the democrats. Must concur and if they do the president must either agree to or veto. So in the final say its the democrats 100%.

+1

Typical libtard response when they are having their ass handed to them! Nice to see you stay true to form!

Synth is losing it. His silly thread backfired on him and he just can't drop it.

It's one thing to post a silly thread, it's quite another to prove how silly you are by not letting the damn thing just die.

typical leftie, they can't ever admit they SCREWED up...he let Ed Schultz lead around by the nose he should SHAMED for it...my heart is bleeding purple Kool-Aid for him
here's some music for him
:eusa_boohoo:

I bet Ed Schultz appreciates synthaholic helping his poor ratings.

Two years into Obama's presidency, Right-wingers were saying it was now Obama's economy.

This means that two years into Rick Snyder's governorship, it is now his bankruptcy of Detroit.

The difference? Republican Rick Snyder has had a complete Republican majority in the State House and Senate, with no one to obstruct a thing.
Detroit is a "LIBERAL" adventure. What the hell are you talking about!

What are you going to say the KKK wasn't created by the DEMS too?

DEMS, just think COMMUNISTS! ... That is their claim. ( Stupid, EVIL, Reckless, Useless, DREAMERS, what to be's)

But in the republican party the dems have taken over too, we call those NEO CONS. ( Stupid, EVIL, Reckless, Useless, DREAMERS, what to be's)

Do you understand the Hegelian Dialectic...?

Really, I'm out of the game, the tricks are deep and just getting started. You with Children better wake up or your kids are in heavy Slavery under UN AGENDA 21.

but no matter to me...but I have family too...so it does matter to me.

I say Chains for no one, but the public says chains for everyone by the people holding the cuffs. NM

Last edited:
So Snyder cut hundreds of millions of state aid to Detroit, appointed a Wall St. bankruptcy lawyer as emergency city manager, who refuses to negotiate with unions and whose cronies stand to gain hundreds of millions in profit, and national Pubs cut much more in aid and started a DEPRESSION, after screwing the nonrich with Voodoo for 30 years, and it's all the blacks' fault? Ay caramba! LOL

I know thinking gives hater dupes a migraine, but try it sometime...

Interesting....But wasn't aid cut to Detroit because the population dropped from 1.8 million to 700,00 thousand? Union didn't want to negotiate their benefits to help Detroit's money woos.

Two years into Obama's presidency, Right-wingers were saying it was now Obama's economy.

This means that two years into Rick Snyder's governorship, it is now his bankruptcy of Detroit.

The difference? Republican Rick Snyder has had a complete Republican majority in the State House and Senate, with no one to obstruct a thing.

Decades of financial trouble for Detroit, and just a brief time of unified GOP rule in Michigan, and bankruptcy is suddenly declared. And conservatives convince themselves that it's liberalism that's the problem. How convenient.

Please note the opening sentence you wrote....DECADES OF FINANCIAL TROUBLE FOR DETROIT. That's how long the Democrats ruled Detroit. At some point a festering wound needs to be cut off before it turns gangrenous and kills the body. Detroit is that festering wound.

And isn't it VELVEETA?

Decades of financial trouble for Detroit, and just a brief time of unified GOP rule in Michigan, and bankruptcy is suddenly declared. And conservatives convince themselves that it's liberalism that's the problem. How convenient.

Eddie Schultz is that you?

I don't what you're talking about, oddball.

But the record is clear. Bankruptcy for Detroit after just a short, brief time in unified power of the GOP in Michigan. Pathetic.

The financial problems in Detroit start 50 years ago when public unions promised to support a democratic government in exchange for an unsustainable financial retirement/benefit packet. It only came to a head in the last year which is why the state took over Detroit finances which were in the tank long before republicans gained control in the state.

1005770_628006703890536_697740312_n.png

Do you admit now that you are deflecting? Detroit has not had a Republican mayor since 1962. Since then it has gradually deteriorated into what you see today.

So? Michigan has a Republican governor and a Republican state legislature. This is happening on their watch.

You don't want to accept that? You should have thought of that when you doing everything you could to put the blame for the US recession on the Democrats taking Congress in 2006.

This is your own argument come back to bite you in your fat ass.

Oh boy, another liberal meltdown. What could Bush do for Liberals constantly standing in his way? What you fail to recognize is that Bush saw the housing crisis coming and introduced legislation to create a committee to reign Fannie and Freddie in. Democrats rejected it. Some of the main figures and obstructs to this were none other than Hillary, Barney Frank, Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, Barack Obama; among other liberals. There was a Democratic Governor (I believe her name was Jennifer Granholm) in Michigan from 2003 to 2011. It takes a while to undo the damage. Tell me where I've heard this line before.

As compared to New York, Michigan is only $77 billion in debt. Detroit's debt was literally 1/8th of the state's entire debt total. So, what does that have to do with anything? If a colossal failure happens, by default you blame it on the other side. Detroit had 51 years to change it's ways. You sat there ignoring reality. Oh yeah, it's gonna hit you New Yorkers harder than it hit Detroit.

Tell Andrew Cuomo and Mayor Blooming idiot hello for me. Your argument is nothing but a tantrum. Come at me bro!
I always get a good laugh when retards blame members of the minority party for the failure of the majority party to pass legislation which could have prevented the financial meltdown.

Here, on planet Earth, Republicans had no less than 3 bills that could have achieved that.

S.1508 (2003)
S.190 (2005)
H.R.1461 (2005)

All 3 died in the Republican-led Senate and not one was held up with a filibuster.

If stupid had a face it would be yours...

If all you can do is make comments like that, it makes you about as stupid and childish as it gets.

Eszy, are you trying to take Synthias place?

If you're unable to comprehend, read Synthias OP until it sinks in...

Otherwise, keep your f'ing opinions to yourself...

That is an amazing conclusion. How did you ever figure this out? I think you've solved one of the great mysteries of modern US history.

Republicans own Detroit? The left must be desperate to come up with a scenario like that.

Synth is a silly liberal flamer who feels an undying need to feel important.
He's one of these people who lives and dies on the number of twitter followers he may have. He gets off on starting threads on which he keeps statistics on how many responses the thread gets. The more responses, the more victorious he feels.
Take this idiotic thread for example. 300 replies in one day. I bet he's soiled himself with utter glee, several times over.
This is the guy who watches shows like Real Housewives and Survivor. Instead of watching the news, Synthaholic watches Entertainment Tonight. Instead of reading Time or Newsweek, he reads People and Us.

Snyder and the Michigan GOP cut hundreds of millions of Detroit aid, then put a GOP Wall St bankruptcy lawyer in as emergency city manager- money to be made screwing their teachers, police, and firemen...Just getting health care for them from O-care would save enough...

What Detroit needs is a demon to blame, like the Jews circa 1933. - an artificial monster to expunge so that the motor city can go through moral renewal followed by a triumphal rebuilding upon a sound foundation.

Detroit needs a demagogue to lead the people out of the desert.

But it starts with us, here, taking a problem as deep as the fall of a great nation - to which this little speed bump no doubt portends - and retro-fitting it to our preferred talking points.

For the Republicans, the demon is liberalism, as it is expressed in everything from the bloated pension system to the anti-family values found in everything from welfare laziness to black crime . . . all of it eroding the tax base like a cloud of locusts.

For Liberals, that demon is neoliberal austerity as it is expressed in everything from the war on middle class labor to the hijacking and looting of government by large corporations.

But none of this changes the fact that Detroit has been dying for 40 years. It is the symbol of the final and ultimate death of American manufacturing and the American middle class - something built upon cheap oil like no other social construct in history. (The cheap oil is gone).

Detroit's death represents a very conscious decision in the 80s to shift from a nation of production to a nation of consumption and Wall Street gambling. We sent the jobs to China, and then we financialized the economy, separating ourselves into those who loaned the profits from inflated assets to the "other half" at 30% so the Great unwashed could keep the ship afloat with Visa, MasterCard and American Express. Indeed, the American middle class left its factory jobs and headed straight for the shopping mall. For 30 years the economy has been levitating on the fumes of the greatest bubble of all time - middle class debt, represented by the sad accumulation of patio furniture, flat screen TVs and a whole universe of suburban excrement.

We are finally bumping into our borrowed-against future. Detroit is not a random anomaly. It is the another stop on the long decline of a once great nation.

Last edited:

as I recall from my philosophy class more'n 40 years ago...

this is what they call a non sequitur...

which is a fancy way of saying you're talking outta your ass, Synth... :)

Forum List

Back