Republicans storm closed-door hearing to protest impeachment inquiry

House Republicans stormed a closed-door hearing Wednesday morning to protest Democrats' impeachment inquiry process, breaking up the deposition of a top Defense Department official who was testifying about President Trump's dealings with Ukraine.

Awww, poor, unruly Republicans. Crying like babies because they don't have access to those hearings -- even though there are Republicans who serve on the investigating committees; and whining that this isn't an official impeachment inquiry because there was no House vote -- even though there's never been a House rule mandating a full House vote to authorize an impeachment inquiry.
Why hide?

Mic drop
Who's hiding? There are Democrats and Republicans participating in these hearings. Next time, try not to drop the mic on your foot.
No transcript? No open hearings? Why can’t republicans talk about he hearings in detail?
These are closed door sessions due to the people testifying.

The Republicans on that committee are in attendance & ask questions.
Without council, no counter witnesses.

30,000 unretrievable emails
One phone call with transcript

How are we even talking about this?
30,000 personal emails vs a far assed piece of shit trying to use government money to bully a foreign leader for campaign dirt.

Except Ukraine is not a scandal.
What happened concerning the Ukraine scandal?

Trump abused the power of his office to secure a quid pro quo benefiting his re-election campaign.

That violates the law.

You're seeing a mirage.
I'm seeing Trump's transcripts, Mulvaney's confession, Giuliani's ravings and the result of witness's opening statements.

What are you seeing?

Trump's transcript of his perfect phone call and Ukraine's leader that he spoke with backing him up 100%!
That's all we need to know as anything else is conspiratorial political bullshit!
If you don't publically announce you're conducting an investigation into Joe Biden's son, I'm not going to sell you the weapons you asked for.

Jayzus! That's a crime. Or have you forgotten what a crime is.

Imagine this scenario. Sen. Elizabeth Warren says, 'Iran, I need you to send me a report on all the activities Sonald Trump Jr. has been involved in with regard to oil and gas companies. If you don't, I will introduce a resolution putting sanctions on your economy.' What would Republicans do?

Except that's not what happened.
Trump asked for crime not politics like the Dems have made it into.

House Republicans stormed a closed-door hearing Wednesday morning to protest Democrats' impeachment inquiry process, breaking up the deposition of a top Defense Department official who was testifying about President Trump's dealings with Ukraine.

Awww, poor, unruly Republicans. Crying like babies because they don't have access to those hearings -- even though there are Republicans who serve on the investigating committees; and whining that this isn't an official impeachment inquiry because there was no House vote -- even though there's never been a House rule mandating a full House vote to authorize an impeachment inquiry.
Why hide?

Mic drop
Who's hiding? There are Democrats and Republicans participating in these hearings. Next time, try not to drop the mic on your foot.
No transcript? No open hearings? Why can’t republicans talk about he hearings in detail?

Who doesn't have council? What witness should the Republicans call? Trump??? You going to pit under oath???

Trump abused the power of his office to secure a quid pro quo benefiting his re-election campaign.

That violates the law.

You're seeing a mirage.
I'm seeing Trump's transcripts, Mulvaney's confession, Giuliani's ravings and the result of witness's opening statements.

What are you seeing?

Trump's transcript of his perfect phone call and Ukraine's leader that he spoke with backing him up 100%!
That's all we need to know as anything else is conspiratorial political bullshit!
If you don't publically announce you're conducting an investigation into Joe Biden's son, I'm not going to sell you the weapons you asked for.

Imagine this scenario. Sen. Elizabeth Warren says, 'Iran, I need you to send me a report on all the activities Sonald Trump Jr. has been involved in with regard to oil and gas companies. If you don't, I will introduce a resolution putting sanctions on your economy.' What would Republicans do?

There is a crime. Using public funds for political purposes.

Except Ukraine is not a scandal.

That violates the law.

You're seeing a mirage.

What are you seeing?

Just another Dem created illusion after Mueller trashed their other illusion.

30,000 unretrievable emails
One phone call with transcript

How are we even talking about this?
30,000 personal emails vs a far assed piece of shit trying to use government money to bully a foreign leader for campaign dirt.

What do you think Barr is doing?
He is looking into the money dealings of a corrupt Ukraine oil and gas company.
That's why he has gone to different countries looking into their financial dealings.
Is it a coincidence that All of those CEO's knew nothing about oil and gas?

The dems would be wise to open this thing up.....Trump's approval rating ticked up again today...and it will continue to tick upward without the people clearly seeing wrong doing by Trump...so far all they are seeing is a bunch of hurt snowflakes trying to steal their 2016 vote away from them from a hidden room in the basement of our congress building.......and that is not going to fly....

You're seeing a mirage.

What are you seeing?

There is a crime. Using public funds for political purposes.

But he didn't.

That violates the law.

You're seeing a mirage.

What are you seeing?

Really? Why the Biden's and only the Biden's? Why muscle out the ambassador? Why the nefarious Giuliani back channels? What other criminals was Trump trying to smoke out? Why work so hard to exonerate Russia for election interference and blame the Ukrainians? Why have so many State Department career professionals come forward to tell this sordid tale?

And why canTrumpians not see the forest for the trees?

Republicans can't call witnesses.
If Repubs had done this to the Dem's they and the media would be having a meltdown hissy fit.

Yawn.

So members of Congress are not allowed to know what is going on in Congress?

Weird!

We aren't talking about Nazi Germany are we, when The Nazi's took over The Weimar Democratic Republic of Germany, are we?
That's how committees function.

Didn't you mean to say that's how COMMIES function?

Faun is a communist, he would know.

I would not question his expertise on this.

You're seeing a mirage.

What are you seeing?

Really? Why the Biden's and only the Biden's? Why muscle out the ambassador? Why the nefarious Giuliani back channels? What other criminals was Trump trying to smoke out? Why work so hard to exonerate Russia for election interference and blame the Ukrainians? Why have so many State Department career professionals come forward to tell this sordid tale?

And why canTrumpians not see the forest for the trees?

None are so blind as they who will not look. In one picture:

images

Those republicans went in there and kicked everyone's ass -- its time to take the gloves off and defend Trump and America....

#MAGA

Why hide?

Mic drop

Who doesn't have council? What witness should the Republicans call? Trump??? You going to pit under oath???
Why hide?

Mic drop

What witnesses? there are plenty, comey, strzok, page, the ohrs, loretta lynch, christopher steele, brennan, clapper, obama, the Ukrainians involved in the firing
They have the right to subpoena who they want to also.

Aww silly republicans expecting the democrats to follow the law and be fair. How stupid of them huh
The republicans on the appropriate committees are attending these inquiries as the constitution requires.

Why hide?

Mic drop
Because this is an investigation. Like Mueller held investigations in secret. Witnesses cannot co-ordinate testimony.

Has the DOJ followed up the criminal referrals about this Ukraine scandal, the House would not have to do it themselves.

Before the previous impeachments, a Special Prosecutor was named (Cox, Starr, Mueller) held grand jury investigations and produced a report submitted to congress. The William Barr DOJ denied any investigation, a cover up.

Articles of Impeachment will be drafted in public hearings. This is the procedure laid out in the constitution.

Arguing process shows a lack of defense of the allegations. Why aren't Trumpians shouting about the allegations?

Then why not just do it? Quit hiding like a child behind closed doors.

Sunlight is the greatest cleansing agent available.
Are you saying the Republicans never held closed door hearings?

It is easier to get people to testify in a closed door hearing than an open session.

Maybe you can get your orange buddy to testify along with with all his cohorts.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Forum List

Back