Republicans want to teach blacks how to be productive human beings.

You mean by a Republican POTUS almost 150 years ago whose ideology was far more liberal and progressive than by today's definition of a Republican?

Got anything a little more current? Like 1964? No, that won't work, they were all Democrats.
Oooh, there's one of those lies you bought into.

Well?

Are you just going to leave me hanging?

Which part of what I stated is a lie?
Who were the Southern Democrats who opposed the CRA, and did they all switch to the GOP?

For that matter, what about the Northern Democrats who opposed it?

when you said...

"On this board, leftists have also claimed that the Founding Fathers were JUST LIKE modern liberals."

...did you mean some leftists, most leftists or all leftists?
I meant what I said. Leftists have made that ridiculous claim. And they indeed have. In the thread I linked, look for Dragon and taichiliberal. They're beating the revised history drum.

Is English your second language?

i'm just trying to figure out if you meant some leftists, most leftists or all leftists. would you mind clarifying?
:cool:

I'll answer your question if you answer mine:

What has the left done for the downtrodden? NOTE: Keeping them dependent on government really isn't helping them.

No daveman, don't wuss out by throwing my question back at me. Anyone can play that baby game. If you're such a proud conservative, what have the conservatives done that you're so proud of to help people get back on their feet?
The Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Act of 1996, a Republican initiative, was very successful.

A report from 2003:
  • Overall poverty, child poverty, and black child poverty have all dropped substantially
  • Although liberals predicted that welfare reform would push an additional 2.6 million persons into poverty, the U.S. Bureau of the Census reports there are 3.5 million fewer people living in poverty today than there were in 1995 (the last year before the reform).
  • Some 2.9 million fewer children live in poverty today than in 1995
  • Decreases in poverty have been greatest among black children
  • In fact, the poverty rate for black children is now at the lowest point in U.S. history. There are 1.2 million fewer black children in poverty today than there were in the mid-1990s.
  • Hunger among children has been cut roughly in half
  • According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), there are 420,000 fewer hungry children today than at the time welfare reform was enacted.
  • welfare caseloads have been cut nearly in half
  • and employment of the most disadvantaged single mothers has increased from 50 percent to 100 percent.
  • The explosive growth of out-of-wedlock childbearing has come to a virtual halt
  • The share of children living in single-mother families has fallen, and the share living in married-couple families has increased, especially among black families.

Now answer my question. What has the left done for the downtrodden? NOTE: Keeping them dependent on government really isn't helping them.

It must not have worked THAT well or you wouldn't be on here crying about them being on welfare. :(

There's nothing like following a mindless CON$ervative talking point with another mindless CON$ervative talking point to showcase CON$ervative individuality.
Keep up the good work!

Well, prove me wrong! You can't say that all the people getting welfare, food stamps and being the victim are republicans.:badgrin:
The burden of proof is yours, you are the fool parroting the mindless talking points. The fact is Libs are more financially successful than you lazy CON$ervative slackers, therefore it stands to reason that there are more CON$ on welfare than Libs.

And yet, you can't counter any of it with anything but mindless bleating.

Good work, sheep.
The patented CON$ervative dumb act again, sheeple.

Oooh, there's one of those lies you bought into.

Well?

Are you just going to leave me hanging?

Which part of what I stated is a lie?
Who were the Southern Democrats who opposed the CRA, and did they all switch to the GOP?

For that matter, what about the Northern Democrats who opposed it?
One of the most notable Southern Democrats was OwlGore's Daddy.

Had it not been for Republicans? Johnson wouldn't have suceeded.

Hmmmm...... It seems I hit a sore spot.

It just seems like you can't ever mention blacks w/o also mentioning welfare.

Just saying.

Amazing how he talks about blacks and welfare on a thread discussing blacks and welfare. It seriously must be because he is racist and not because he is addressing the topic of the thread. And you are clearly not trying to distract from real discussions you can answer by accusing him of racism.

So what would you propose be done to get blacks and other Americans off welfare? Or do you want them off welfare?

First off NOBODY want to be on welfare or wants others on welfare. Those are ignorant RW myths.
Really?

FLASHBACK: Homeless Lady with 15 Kids:

Another Jerry Brown Flashback: We Need More Welfare and Fewer Jobs | Verum Serum

Second, of all these are lines Daveman have spouted ever since I have been on this board and this is not the first time we've been down this road.
And you've never offered a valid refutation. Just like you're doing now, all you've got is "Nuh-UH!!"
Third, the topic of this thread and Daveman's reaction to it IS ground in racism.

Assuming blacks WANT to be on welfare IS racist my friend. And assuming you have the answers that African Americans are craving for puts YOU in a "benevolent postion" to be their savior. And by saying that they need you to provide answers you are also assuming they're too ignorant as a group to figure anything out themselves.
But it's okay when liberals do that.

Right?

Amazing how he talks about blacks and welfare on a thread discussing blacks and welfare. It seriously must be because he is racist and not because he is addressing the topic of the thread. And you are clearly not trying to distract from real discussions you can answer by accusing him of racism.

So what would you propose be done to get blacks and other Americans off welfare? Or do you want them off welfare?

First off NOBODY want to be on welfare or wants others on welfare. Those are ignorant RW myths.
Really?

Another Jerry Brown Flashback: We Need More Welfare and Fewer Jobs | Verum Serum

Second, of all these are lines Daveman have spouted ever since I have been on this board and this is not the first time we've been down this road.
And you've never offered a valid refutation. Just like you're doing now, all you've got is "Nuh-UH!!"
Third, the topic of this thread and Daveman's reaction to it IS ground in racism.

Assuming blacks WANT to be on welfare IS racist my friend. And assuming you have the answers that African Americans are craving for puts YOU in a "benevolent postion" to be their savior. And by saying that they need you to provide answers you are also assuming they're too ignorant as a group to figure anything out themselves.

Right?

That's all you've got? One homeless lady that makes a stupid remark? And you're basing your whole position that they ALL feel that way on THAT? :cuckoo:

Way to go......:eusa_clap:

No daveman, don't wuss out by throwing my question back at me. Anyone can play that baby game. If you're such a proud conservative, what have the conservatives done that you're so proud of to help people get back on their feet?
The Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Act of 1996, a Republican initiative, was very successful.

A report from 2003:
  • Overall poverty, child poverty, and black child poverty have all dropped substantially
  • Although liberals predicted that welfare reform would push an additional 2.6 million persons into poverty, the U.S. Bureau of the Census reports there are 3.5 million fewer people living in poverty today than there were in 1995 (the last year before the reform).
  • In fact, the poverty rate for black children is now at the lowest point in U.S. history. There are 1.2 million fewer black children in poverty today than there were in the mid-1990s.
  • According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), there are 420,000 fewer hungry children today than at the time welfare reform was enacted.
  • and employment of the most disadvantaged single mothers has increased from 50 percent to 100 percent.
  • The explosive growth of out-of-wedlock childbearing has come to a virtual halt
  • The share of children living in single-mother families has fallen, and the share living in married-couple families has increased, especially among black families.

Now answer my question. What has the left done for the downtrodden? NOTE: Keeping them dependent on government really isn't helping them.

It must not have worked THAT well or you wouldn't be on here crying about them being on welfare. :(
Can you answer the question? What has the left done for the downtrodden? NOTE: Keeping them dependent on government really isn't helping them.

Really?

Right?

That's all you've got? One homeless lady that makes a stupid remark? And you're basing your whole position that they ALL feel that way on THAT? :cuckoo:

No, I'm not claiming all welfare recipients feel that way. But you claimed "NOBODY want to be on welfare".

I proved you wrong.

The majority of people on welfare WANT to be on welfare, they just want a bigger benefit amount.

A report from 2003:

Can you answer the question? What has the left done for the downtrodden? NOTE: Keeping them dependent on government really isn't helping them.

Rightwinger said it best in an earlier post. I can't add a thing......

"There are over a hundred nations on earth that do less for their poor than the United States. The poor in these countries worry whether they will eat each day. They do not like being poor, they are motivated but they do not rise out of poverty......they stay poor forever

The United States provides not only a safety net but opportunity to do better. We provide educational opportunities, job training, job placement, incentives for employers to hire. Millions of Americans have taken advantage of these programs to join the middle class"

Really?

Right?

No, I'm not claiming all welfare recipients feel that way. But you claimed "NOBODY want to be on welfare".

I proved you wrong.

The majority of people on welfare WANT to be on welfare, they just want a bigger benefit amount.

Oh, ok. My bad. What you guys mean to say is that the MAJORITY of blacks want to be on welfare.

Got it. :up:

"There are over a hundred nations on earth that do less for their poor than the United States. The poor in these countries worry whether they will eat each day. They do not like being poor, they are motivated but they do not rise out of poverty......they stay poor forever

The United States provides not only a safety net but opportunity to do better. We provide educational opportunities, job training, job placement, incentives for employers to hire. Millions of Americans have taken advantage of these programs to join the middle class"
Long on wind, short on specifics.

Liberals want people dependent on government. No one has countered this.

And those moochers don't give a damn about who pays for it. They think they're owed just because they're born here.

I proved you wrong.

Oh, ok. My bad. What you guys mean to say is that the MAJORITY of blacks want to be on welfare.

In case you hadn't noticed, daveman is not Katzndogz.

Man, you were really proud of yourself, weren't you? :rofl:

I proved you wrong.

Actually I thought the timing was pretty fucking good, if not perfect. :lol:

Good Gaea, why? You really think someone else giving his opinion refutes the claim I made about myself?

:rofl:

Long on wind, short on specifics.

Liberals want people dependent on government. No one has countered this.

And yet you can't back it up either. How can one counter something that can't be shown or proven in the first place?

Good Gaea, why? You really think someone else giving his opinion refutes the claim I made about myself?

:rofl:

No. I saw an opportunity and took it. Even you have to admit it was pretty good. :lol:

I proved you wrong.

This is what is so interesting about the way liberals think.

The majority of people on welfare WANT to be on welfare to them means the MAJORITY of blacks want to be on welfare. This is a true statement ONLY if you believe that the MAJORITY of BLACKS are on welfare. How do liberals get to claim they aren't racist when this is one of the most racists statements ever posted on this board?

The majority of people on welfare, across the board, for every race, want to be on welfare. Quite a large percentage of them are second or third generation welfare. They were raised on welfare and don't have an expectation that their circumstances would be better served by working. They just want more welfare.

Once someone on welfare learns how to game the system, it's all over. No one is ever going to get them off welfare. Why would they want to do that? They will NEVER have a take home pay equal to the thousands that they get by playing the system.

Forum List

Back