Republicans want to teach blacks how to be productive human beings.

Really?

FLASHBACK: Homeless Lady with 15 Kids:

Another Jerry Brown Flashback: We Need More Welfare and Fewer Jobs | Verum Serum

And you've never offered a valid refutation. Just like you're doing now, all you've got is "Nuh-UH!!"

But it's okay when liberals do that.

Right?

That's all you've got? One homeless lady that makes a stupid remark? And you're basing your whole position that they ALL feel that way on THAT? :cuckoo:

Way to go......:eusa_clap:
well Dean and Chris do it.....:eusa_eh:
That's different. Somehow. It just is.

Right, Goose?

Once someone on welfare learns how to game the system, it's all over. No one is ever going to get them off welfare. Why would they want to do that? They will NEVER have a take home pay equal to the thousands that they get by playing the system.

i had a woman on my route who was on welfare for at least 15 years...she lived before this on another guys route in the office,welfare then too......had 5 kids with 5 different guys......when the welfare bill in the nineties went into effect,guess who suddenly had to think about getting a job?.....and boy was she pissed.....her neighbor was telling me that she felt it wasnt right because,she had ZERO job skills....what am i to do?......well she had to wait tables at the Dennys down the street......ok back to our story......:eusa_angel:

These right wingers base their entire arguements on the way they. They FEEL people WANT to be on WELFARE. They FEEL that help MAKES people dependent on govt. They FEEL that govt help HURTS a humans quest to be better.

There is no way to counter feelings. No links, just feelings, sarcasm and anecodotes.

i dont know if they were telling you how they feel......i took it more as....this is the way it is.

It must not have worked THAT well or you wouldn't be on here crying about them being on welfare. :(
Can you answer the question? What has the left done for the downtrodden? NOTE: Keeping them dependent on government really isn't helping them.

What has the left done?

Job training, college scholarships, job placement opportunities, low cost childcare, small business loans.

All opposed by Republicans

ok so BOTH Parties have done something helpful......they both have also fucked things up at one time or another..........

The real answer is not government but private industry.

The poor need not just jobs but careers. A job will help you pay the bills but will not help you escape poverty. A career will provide potential to take care of your family while you accumulate personal wealth and eventually retire

The poor are only offered jobs right now. $7.50 to start and potentially $10 an hour if you stick around. There are not enough jobs out there right now that lead to careers. The path out of poverty is becoming harder and harder to find. We can train the poor to do more complex jobs, but if those jobs are not there it does no good

Democrats want to keep minorities poor and dependent on government. They callously promise to improve the lives of the downtrodden, yet somehow manage to keep them just barely scraping by, still dependent on government, knowing they'll keep receiving votes.

Democrats don't give a shit about minorities. They just want political power.
just keep parroting those cliched CON$ervative talking points.
Have you ever had a thought of your own???
Yes Eddie, in the absence of a logical rebuttal turn to your pat responses. One of which is to proclaim "talking points"....
Oh sure.
Why are you here? You offer nothing of substance to the forum. You are a drive by poster.
Find another hobby.

he has one already.....he Archives Rush Limbaugh......

Once someone on welfare learns how to game the system, it's all over. No one is ever going to get them off welfare. Why would they want to do that? They will NEVER have a take home pay equal to the thousands that they get by playing the system.

i had a woman on my route who was on welfare for at least 15 years...she lived before this on another guys route in the office,welfare then too......had 5 kids with 5 different guys......when the welfare bill in the nineties went into effect,guess who suddenly had to think about getting a job?.....and boy was she pissed.....her neighbor was telling me that she felt it wasnt right because,she had ZERO job skills....what am i to do?......well she had to wait tables at the Dennys down the street......ok back to our story......:eusa_angel:

I remember that welfare bill....under Clinton.

Government programs do help millions of Americans of all backgrounds escape poverty. Just because some are unable to break the cycle of poverty is no reason to assume that none are

good point.....BUT..... i have seen many programs out here started to help people in need that were good hearted and very well intended and seemed to be helping......what screws it up is no one seems to stick around to monitor it and it gets out of control......or those who are supposed to be monitoring it,are not doing their jobs......now you have people like the Woman i was talking about earlier......taking advantage of the system.....those kinds of people need to be stopped......

Created dependency. OWS is one of many results.

Yep. I can see where "Job training, college scholarships, job placement opportunities, low cost childcare, small business loans" would create dependency. :cuckoo:

And where the hell did this OWS coment come from? :cool:

For the past thirty plus years I have worked with many black engineers, scientists, military officers, soldiers and managers who were succeeding in life. Almost all came from lower middle class or poor backgrounds. Very, very few came from what could remotely be considered a wealthy background. They could all point to some point where either their parents or grandparents had relied on government assistance or relied on government programs that provided job training or assistance in employment opportunities.

Government programs do help millions of Americans of all backgrounds escape poverty. Just because some are unable to break the cycle of poverty is no reason to assume that none are

I got government assistance. It's called the GI bill. Many blacks got the same assistance as me. But not Newt or Mitt.

Can you answer the question? What has the left done for the downtrodden? NOTE: Keeping them dependent on government really isn't helping them.

What has the left done?

Job training, college scholarships, job placement opportunities, low cost childcare, small business loans.

ok so BOTH Parties have done something helpful......they both have also fucked things up at one time or another..........
Yep. To the pont that neither are trusted.

The poor need not just jobs but careers. A job will help you pay the bills but will not help you escape poverty. A career will provide potential to take care of your family while you accumulate personal wealth and eventually retire

The poor are only offered jobs right now. $7.50 to start and potentially $10 an hour if you stick around. There are not enough jobs out there right now that lead to careers. The path out of poverty is becoming harder and harder to find. We can train the poor to do more complex jobs, but if those jobs are not there it does no good

a career job?.....they are getting harder and harder to find....

I remember that welfare bill....under Clinton.

yes....

Good points. $7.50 an hour should not be considered a "job" A "job" pays ALL the bills and feeds the family. $7.50 an hour is comical. Good for summer work for kids mind you, but no adult should be subjected to this type of usage.

when you said...

"On this board, leftists have also claimed that the Founding Fathers were JUST LIKE modern liberals."

...did you mean some leftists, most leftists or all leftists?
I meant what I said. Leftists have made that ridiculous claim. And they indeed have. In the thread I linked, look for Dragon and taichiliberal. They're beating the revised history drum.

Is English your second language?

i'm just trying to figure out if you meant some leftists, most leftists or all leftists. would you mind clarifying?

i'm just trying to figure out why you worry about whether he meant "some leftists, most leftists or all leftists." You didn't express that same concern for precision with regard to what LOOKS like a universal proposition from the cock-gobbler who posted the OP. Why the double standard CaughtInTheMuddle? would you mind clarifying?

a career job?.....they are getting harder and harder to find....

The American dream was that you could become an adult and get an entry level job which led to a career. A career is basically a job that you are able to support yourself and your family on, has basic benefits, an opportunity to acquire personal wealth and a path towards retirement

You are right...it is much harder

What has the left done?

Yep. To the pont that neither are trusted.
the guy i back you can trust.....join us.....VOTE.....Firefly/Chicolini......if your for it...they are against it....

Last edited:

Forum List

Back