Republicans want to teach blacks how to be productive human beings.

I think Safety Nets should be rooted in Need and Eligibility, not Genetics.

If you want to have some fun, buy a Lottery Ticket , with your own money.

Maybe you think Lotteries exploit the poor? ;)
And where does it state anywhere in the Constitution that Government was to be in the business of charity?

This, no doubt, is the part where he cites the Generel Welfare clause as the authority for everything from welfare to Obamacare.

Congress is tasked to do what is best for the nation as a whole, to provide for the General Welfare of the people. This can include providing subsidies to big business or providing a safety net for the poor

And where does it state anywhere in the Constitution that Government was to be in the business of charity?

This, no doubt, is the part where he cites the Generel Welfare clause as the authority for everything from welfare to Obamacare.

Too many qualified applicants are disenfranchised by preferential hiring. For example, what goes on in Fire Department Testing is an abomination. In the end, it stacks the deck heavily in favor of incompetence.

Too many qualified applicants are disenfranchised by preferential hiring. For example, what goes on in Fire Department Testing is an abomination. In the end, it stacks the deck heavily in favor of incompetence.

Oh no, that could never happen.

The Constitution doesn't state that at all. It is a misuse of the General Welfare Clause to assume that. The Founders, except for Hamilton, and his Thugs, believed in Enumerated Powers, Balance of Powers, and Separation of Powers. They would have left Mercy Issues to the State and Local Governments. I would bet back in those days it Charity, would have included some kind of a return, or be more in the form of a Work Opportunity.

Now, I would suggest that True Charity, helps develop skills and enable, rather than steer towards dependency. ;)

True. As government defines it? Is an abuse of thier power, the people and is the new American Slavery in my view.

Congress is tasked to do what is best for the nation as a whole, to provide for the General Welfare of the people. This can include providing subsidies to big business or providing a safety net for the poor

You are confused in thinking this Power without Limits and Guides. The Federalist Papers argued against this reasoning, while trying to get the Nation to adopt the Constitution. Again, Hamilton lied. Again, Responsibility of the States. Again, no excuse for any Citizen or Government to operate beyond budget or means.

Well, perhaps... yet a great many of us have a problem when politicians decide that what's best for the nation as a whole as you say means forcing me with the threat of jail time to provide everything from free cell phones to lifetime rental and food assistance for my fellow citizens.

The Constitution doesn't state that at all. It is a misuse of the General Welfare Clause to assume that. The Founders, except for Hamilton, and his Thugs, believed in Enumerated Powers, Balance of Powers, and Separation of Powers. They would have left Mercy Issues to the State and Local Governments. I would bet back in those days it Charity, would have included some kind of a return, or be more in the form of a Work Opportunity.

Now, I would suggest that True Charity, helps develop skills and enable, rather than steer towards dependency. ;)

True. As government defines it? Is an abuse of thier power, the people and is the new American Slavery in my view.

I agree, Charity, includes, free will. Choice. Limit. :):):) Safety Nets, are temporary, they are there for crisis, they are a stepping stone on the path for those otherwise lost, they are not meant for permanent residence.

I agree, Charity, includes, free will. Choice. Limit. :):):) Safety Nets, are temporary, they are there for crisis, they are a stepping stone on the path for those otherwise lost, they are not meant for permanent residence.
The Safety nets have become a hammock of dependency...by design.

This is why private charity is always best... they don't have the bottomless pit of taxpayer money and thus must operate more efficiently than a gov't bureaucracy.

The problem is that yes, there are some poor people who never break out of dependence on government assistance. But for Republicans to insist that because these programs do not work for some people, they should be denied to all people is short sighted
You will find very few Republicans saying all programs should be eliminated.
But Republicans prefer to talk in absolutes ...
You mean like you just did?

Well Dave.......which is it?

Do blacks ever use these programs to escape poverty
Or is every black who receives aid dependent for life?

Your little hissy-fit notwithstanding, I'm under no obligation to defend statements I've never made, Captain Strawman.

Listening to Newt talk about wanting to be invited to the NAACP to "teach" African Americans how they should live.

Listening to Rick Santorum talk about how he wants to teach black people.

Then there's the Ron Paul "newsletters".

Considering the Republican Party are 90% white. Considering that about 60% of all those receiving food stamps are white. Considering that half of food stamp recipients are children who can't work. Republicans might want to find other people to teach besides black Americans. Not sure sending children to the "work house" is the answer.

Republicans might consider some "alternatives". What might some of those be?

Considering that about 60% of all those receiving food stamps are white.

OMG! Thats awful! What percentage are black?

Indeed... highly paid gov't bureaucrats with a need for an ever increasing client base.

But the left has made it a hammock, not a safety net.

Hammock? Shit.. more like a California King with a canopy and a mini-bar.

Indeed... highly paid gov't bureaucrats with a need for an ever increasing client base.
For political power gains by the new masters...as liberty is whittled away BY the new masters.

Listening to Newt talk about wanting to be invited to the NAACP to "teach" African Americans how they should live.

Listening to Rick Santorum talk about how he wants to teach black people.

Then there's the Ron Paul "newsletters".

Considering the Republican Party are 90% white. Considering that about 60% of all those receiving food stamps are white. Considering that half of food stamp recipients are children who can't work. Republicans might want to find other people to teach besides black Americans. Not sure sending children to the "work house" is the answer.

Republicans might consider some "alternatives". What might some of those be?

you are just a ugly and hateful human being who's only purpose on this board is to stir up hate.

Yep, and put themselves in the position of handing out the candy.

Forum List

Back