REPUBLICANS: Why wasn't the wall taken care of in Trump's first two years?

It wasn’t until Republicans lost the election and Trump was mocked for not getting a wall that it became necessary for Trump to stage a publicity stunt to show he tried

It wasn’t until Republicans lost the election and Trump was mocked for not getting a wall that it became necessary for Trump to stage a publicity stunt to show he tried
Yeah. Funny, I didn't see him threatening a "national emergency" during the first two years.

Boy oh boy do the lickspittles get all pissy and defensive when you don't fall to your knees and kiss the ass of *their* beloved political elites.

Republicans didn’t have time during the first two years.

On the news this morning they said that tax refunds were down 25%.

That’s what they were trying to figure out how to do. Loot the country and pass a couple of trillion on to needy billionaires.

It worked! And they even have some fools defending it.

Boy oh boy do the lickspittles get all pissy and defensive when you don't fall to your knees and kiss the ass of *their* beloved political elites.
Well, they're consistent, give 'em that.

Yeah. Funny, I didn't see him threatening a "national emergency" during the first two years.
:auiqs.jpg:why would he? he needed information and evidence to support that as his last option. which after two years, I believe he's reached. again, you ain't too bright.

:auiqs.jpg:why would he? he needed evidence to support that as his last option. which after two years, I believe he's reached. again, you ain't too bright.
Two years of not getting a wall wasn't enough evidence?

That's your best excuse?

Holy crap, is that the best you're getting from talk radio?

Come on, that's embarrassing to even read.

It's the Democrats' fault that Trump didn't declare a national emergency when he couldn't get this through a GOP Senate and GOP House.

This has reached a point on the psychosis scale that is literally troubling.

:auiqs.jpg:why would he? he needed evidence to support that as his last option. which after two years, I believe he's reached. again, you ain't too bright.

That's your best excuse?

is there a precedence on time? I believe a good leader evaluates all options based on feedback, experience and results. That is done over time.

I was recently told here that President Trump hasn't 'truly addressed' the wall/border until very recently. Talking about it endlessly, making it a staple of the midterms, and demanding legislation isn't 'pushing' in the eyes of the blind partisan. Now suddenly it's a national emergency. :lol:

That's your best excuse?

is there a precedence on time? I believe a good leader evaluates all options based on feedback, experience and results. That is done over time.
In other words" Trump is not focused on national security when the repubs control the govt. only when Dems have the House."..

I was recently told here that President Trump hasn't 'truly addressed' the wall/border until very recently. Talking about it endlessly, making it a staple of the midterms, and demanding legislation isn't 'pushing' in the eyes of the blind partisan. Now suddenly it's a national crisis. :lol:
And it is all he wanted to talk about during the campaign...

I was recently told here that President Trump hasn't 'truly addressed' the wall/border until very recently. Talking about it endlessly, making it a staple of the midterms, and demanding legislation isn't 'pushing' in the eyes of the blind partisan. Now suddenly it's a national crisis. :lol:
Look at some of the excuses here.

It's funny, but it's not, y'know?

well we got two supreme court justices as part of the program he campaigned on. Then there are all of the regulations that he eliminated to improve the jobs market, and now he's focusing on the wall. Name another president that did as much as he did in two years. I'll wait. and wait and wait, cause there won't be anything. :auiqs.jpg:

Trump thought it would just go away

Once he was mocked by a woman, his ego dictated he needed to show he tried

well we got two supreme court justices as part of the program he campaigned on. Then there are all of the regulations that he eliminated to improve the jobs market, and now he's focusing on the wall. Name another president that did as much as he did in two years. I'll wait. and wait and wait, cause there won't be anything. :auiqs.jpg:
Obama prevented a depression, passed universal healthcare, stimulus, financial reform and named two Supreme Court justices

This all seems pretty silly. If this is a "national emergency", why is Trump willing to shut down the government NOW, all of a sudden, when the GOP's strength has decreased so much?

It was his biggest promise. And he waits until the Democrats have the House?

:confused-84:

Because we all know BOTH parties in Washington want illegal aliens here. White slaves are to unruly.

Oh, Stormy, no one believes you aren't totally behind the Republicans and their Racism.

Sorry dude, in a week you had two dems caught or admitting to being racist, and one of your black stars of the party stands accused of rape by two woman. Party leadership is in a power struggle with Islamic-Nazis and wannabe eco-terrorist. Yup. Looking up for y’all all right.

This all seems pretty silly. If this is a "national emergency", why is Trump willing to shut down the government NOW, all of a sudden, when the GOP's strength has decreased so much?

It was his biggest promise. And he waits until the Democrats have the House?

:confused-84:
This is a simple answer.
And I'm sure you know the answer.
60 votes.
And they don't have those votes now.

Why blame the Democrats if this was never going to happen?
Easy. If Democrats refuse to vote for anything who else can you blame?
You instead are trying to blame Republicans.
This makes no sense at all.
Why not blame Republicans? How is it the fault of Democrats now just because they control the House; but not the fault of Republicans who not only controlled the House for the last 8 years, the controlled the Senate for the last 4 years and the Executive branch for the last two?

Why not face reality and accept the fact that we’re not rebuilding the wall because neither party wants to?
The wall is a simple thing. It is symbolic. It will work. And if more citizens paid attention the last 50 years or so this would not be happening. We will probably end up with a war in the western hemisphere at some point. Reducing the population.
And we already have walls and fences. What’s the urgency to be more “symbolic?”

That's all well and good, but it doesn't address my point. It seems odd to not be focusing on something President Trump believes to be a national emergency. *Sorry your daughter got murdered by an illegal, but tax cuts and deregulation comes first.* lol. Is this a real national emergency or just an excuse to go around unwilling and uncooperative Congress? You don't see the dangerous precedent this sets for future presidents b/c your only concern is winning right now like most myopic sycophants.

Forum List

Back