REPUBLICANS: Why wasn't the wall taken care of in Trump's first two years?

Has anyone figured out how the repubs blew their chance ona wall to give rich people a tax break?
Two totally separate issues.
Hardly so since the wall is sooo important now it should had been important the first two years but they had no motivation to do it until after midseason when they knew they would fail if they lost either houses of Congress or it just goes to show how the repubs blew off the security of the US for the fiscal security of the rich.
So blaming the GOP for the obvious fact that they didn't have 60 votes sounds good to you? Not to mention the fact that if they had gone nuclear and did a straight majority vote we always have Susan Collins, John McCain, Jeff Flake, Bob Corker, or someone that the Democrats have bribed to vote no, you still want to blame the GOP.

Last edited:
Well, they're consistent, give 'em that.

I was recently told here that President Trump hasn't 'truly addressed' the wall/border until very recently. Talking about it endlessly, making it a staple of the midterms, and demanding legislation isn't 'pushing' in the eyes of the blind partisan. Now suddenly it's a national crisis. :lol:
well we got two supreme court justices as part of the program he campaigned on. Then there are all of the regulations that he eliminated to improve the jobs market, and now he's focusing on the wall. Name another president that did as much as he did in two years. I'll wait. and wait and wait, cause there won't be anything. :auiqs.jpg:

That's all well and good, but it doesn't address my point. It seems odd to not be focusing on something President Trump believes to be a national emergency. *Sorry your daughter got murdered by an illegal, but tax cuts and deregulation comes first.* lol. Is this a real national emergency or just an excuse to go around unwilling and uncooperative Congress? You don't see the dangerous precedent this sets for future presidents b/c your only concern is winning right now like most myopic sycophants.
Well like a good leader, he wanted the lawmakers to make the law. And you're going to bust him for not legislating from the Oval office. You would have been the first to go after him if he had. too funny, you all are so two faced it must be hard to see in a mirror.

Nothing like crafting a narrative, assigning it to me, and railing against it. Too funny indeed.
I love it when I hit the sore spot.

I was recently told here that President Trump hasn't 'truly addressed' the wall/border until very recently. Talking about it endlessly, making it a staple of the midterms, and demanding legislation isn't 'pushing' in the eyes of the blind partisan. Now suddenly it's a national crisis. :lol:
well we got two supreme court justices as part of the program he campaigned on. Then there are all of the regulations that he eliminated to improve the jobs market, and now he's focusing on the wall. Name another president that did as much as he did in two years. I'll wait. and wait and wait, cause there won't be anything. :auiqs.jpg:

That's all well and good, but it doesn't address my point. It seems odd to not be focusing on something President Trump believes to be a national emergency. *Sorry your daughter got murdered by an illegal, but tax cuts and deregulation comes first.* lol. Is this a real national emergency or just an excuse to go around unwilling and uncooperative Congress? You don't see the dangerous precedent this sets for future presidents b/c your only concern is winning right now like most myopic sycophants.
Well like a good leader, he wanted the lawmakers to make the law. And you're going to bust him for not legislating from the Oval office. You would have been the first to go after him if he had. too funny, you all are so two faced it must be hard to see in a mirror.

Nothing like crafting a narrative, assigning it to me, and railing against it. Too funny indeed.

Let me know when you do.

"Legislative obstructionism is totally unfair for the minority party to use, unless we are in the minority cause it is different somehow." ~ A. Cunny Lickspittle
And how they don't realize how obvious this is, is an absolute mystery.
it's what people with a different objective use when there are no term limits, anything can be manufactured to ensure the job. too fking funny. Term limits would change that entire statement.

Let me know when you do.
post #398!!!

This really is an amazing story.

Trump had the House and Senate for two years and couldn't get this done.

Now he's trying to push it through a hostile Dem House, and he's blaming THEM for not getting it done.

Incredible. And his flock is still buying this.
perhaps it was due to needing nine dem votes during those two years. just saying you ain't too bright jack.
He knew he wasn't going to get them. And yet here we are.

And you must think that's bright.

Okay.
yes he did. So what? are you saying he should have just sat on his hands? :auiqs.jpg:he needed to expose them. Too bad the people of the US's votes were fraudulently overruled by illegal votes. and the dems like you, don't care they voted. It's ok, we know who the enemy is.
Well, it sure is a good thing that we obedient little Trumpster bunnies to tell us what's what.

Phew! We're lucky!
yep, the call out of the swamp was what Trump ran on. We just point to the obvious.

Haha...cool dramatic story and all but nobody really gives two fucks about 20 years ago...let’s be productive and talk about shit that matters....What are Republicans obstructing TODAY?

Of course you don’t not care about the last 20 years of tit-for-tat obstructionism. It allows you pretend to blameless in how we got here.

This all seems pretty silly. If this is a "national emergency", why is Trump willing to shut down the government NOW, all of a sudden, when the GOP's strength has decreased so much?

It was his biggest promise. And he waits until the Democrats have the House?

:confused-84:
This is a simple answer.
And I'm sure you know the answer.
60 votes.
And they don't have those votes now.

Why blame the Democrats if this was never going to happen?
Easy. If Democrats refuse to vote for anything who else can you blame?
You instead are trying to blame Republicans.
This makes no sense at all.
Why not blame Republicans? How is it the fault of Democrats now just because they control the House; but not the fault of Republicans who not only controlled the House for the last 8 years, the controlled the Senate for the last 4 years and the Executive branch for the last two?

Why not face reality and accept the fact that we’re not rebuilding the wall because neither party wants to?
The wall is a simple thing. It is symbolic. It will work. And if more citizens paid attention the last 50 years or so this would not be happening. We will probably end up with a war in the western hemisphere at some point. Reducing the population.
well see, they can't run on that, cause they all wanted the wall, voted on the wall before they didn't want the wall because of trump. too fking funny. And of course, you see the stupid americans in here that believe the wall isn't needed when their rep said it was. That's called sheep, parrot or puppet, you choose the one to describe the leftists losers in here.

Haha...cool dramatic story and all but nobody really gives two fucks about 20 years ago...let’s be productive and talk about shit that matters....What are Republicans obstructing TODAY?

Of course you don’t not care about the last 20 years of tit-for-tat obstructionism. It allows you pretend to blameless in how we got here.
I agree!!!!

This is a simple answer.
And I'm sure you know the answer.
60 votes.

Why not blame Republicans? How is it the fault of Democrats now just because they control the House; but not the fault of Republicans who not only controlled the House for the last 8 years, the controlled the Senate for the last 4 years and the Executive branch for the last two?

Why not face reality and accept the fact that we’re not rebuilding the wall because neither party wants to?
The wall is a simple thing. It is symbolic. It will work. And if more citizens paid attention the last 50 years or so this would not be happening. We will probably end up with a war in the western hemisphere at some point. Reducing the population.
well see, they can't run on that, cause they all wanted the wall, voted on the wall before they didn't want the wall because of trump. too fking funny. And of course, you see the stupid americans in here that believe the wall isn't needed when their rep said it was. That's called sheep, parrot or puppet, you choose the one to describe the leftists losers in here.
You’re leaving out the part where they offered Trump $25 billion to rebuild the wall and he said, fuck no.

So this is just about blaming people.

Okay. That's politics, sadly. We'll see how this "national emergency" thing plays out.
You are a time waster.
You want to hold somebody accountable for this, yet you claim blaming the guilty is some GOD Damned political game.
Just shut the f**k up until you can offer something constructive.
I just asked a perfectly reasonable question.

And, once again, a reasonable question made you angry.

Don't read my posts maybe.
A reasonable question?
Hardly.
What is your problem here?
Somebody points out a glaring issue and your response is always that we should essentially stay quiet and ignore the obvious.
Okay, my question is unreasonable for someone like you.

Stipulated.

This really is an amazing story.

Trump had the House and Senate for two years and couldn't get this done.

Now he's trying to push it through a hostile Dem House, and he's blaming THEM for not getting it done.

Incredible. And his flock is still buying this.
perhaps it was due to needing nine dem votes during those two years. just saying you ain't too bright jack.

Okay.
yes he did. So what? are you saying he should have just sat on his hands? :auiqs.jpg:he needed to expose them. Too bad the people of the US's votes were fraudulently overruled by illegal votes. and the dems like you, don't care they voted. It's ok, we know who the enemy is.
Well, it sure is a good thing that we obedient little Trumpster bunnies to tell us what's what.

Phew! We're lucky!
Yeah, fuck you dick head.
You just spelled out what your ideological biases are by using name-calling on Trump supporters.
Sorry that Ted Cruz didn't win, but he wasn't a solution either, and neither are you apparently.
Correct, I'm just some guy on the internet.

I sure can upset wingers with virtually no effort though, that's for sure.

You’re doing a fine job deflecting but let’s try this again… “What are Republicans doing to obstruct legislation right now? “

You’re doing a fine job deflecting but let’s try this again… “What are Republicans doing to obstruct legislation right now? “

I never said they were right now. We are on the tat part of this revenge cycle, tit.

Okay.

Phew! We're lucky!
Yeah, fuck you dick head.
You just spelled out what your ideological biases are by using name-calling on Trump supporters.
Sorry that Ted Cruz didn't win, but he wasn't a solution either, and neither are you apparently.
Correct, I'm just some guy on the internet.

I sure can upset wingers with virtually no effort though, that's for sure.
just internet thinking though. it is virtual in your head.

I never said they were right now. We are on the tat part of this revenge cycle, tit.
the 'what is wrong'part of DC.

tRump waited until now because he was hiring illegals.

Trump has 24,000 employees...he doesn’t know who works for him.
But you must be livid with those filthy wetbacks of Trumps huh? We should behead those muthafuckers in public for defrauding a successful American company that pays your way shouldn’t we?

Forum List

Back