REPUBLICANS: Why wasn't the wall taken care of in Trump's first two years?

This all seems pretty silly. If this is a "national emergency", why is Trump willing to shut down the government NOW, all of a sudden, when the GOP's strength has decreased so much?

It was his biggest promise. And he waits until the Democrats have the House?

:confused-84:
...because democrats fought against it with everything they had?
Was this a surprise to you?
No, but given your post, it seems like its a surprise to you.

This all seems pretty silly. If this is a "national emergency", why is Trump willing to shut down the government NOW, all of a sudden, when the GOP's strength has decreased so much?

Not many surprises here. The Dems are going to fight everything, and Trump's fans will forgive him for anything.

"Legislative obstructionism is totally unfair for the minority party to use, unless we are in the minority cause it is different somehow." ~ A. Cunny Lickspittle

Boy oh boy do the lickspittles get all pissy and defensive when you don't fall to your knees and kiss the ass of *their* beloved political elites.
Well, they're consistent, give 'em that.

I was recently told here that President Trump hasn't 'truly addressed' the wall/border until very recently. Talking about it endlessly, making it a staple of the midterms, and demanding legislation isn't 'pushing' in the eyes of the blind partisan. Now suddenly it's a national crisis. :lol:
well we got two supreme court justices as part of the program he campaigned on. Then there are all of the regulations that he eliminated to improve the jobs market, and now he's focusing on the wall. Name another president that did as much as he did in two years. I'll wait. and wait and wait, cause there won't be anything. :auiqs.jpg:

That's all well and good, but it doesn't address my point. It seems odd to not be focusing on something President Trump believes to be a national emergency. *Sorry your daughter got murdered by an illegal, but tax cuts and deregulation comes first.* lol. Is this a real national emergency or just an excuse to go around unwilling and uncooperative Congress? You don't see the dangerous precedent this sets for future presidents b/c your only concern is winning right now like most myopic sycophants.

I agree, but the national emergency thing has already been used several times by past presidents for shit that’s pretty dumb.

This one go’s into it some,
How presidents through history have deployed national emergency powers

This one has a political bent to it, but read on.
https://psmag.com/news/the-united-states-states-of-emergencies

And there is more the more you dig, and opinions on them very depending on political bent of the authors and publishers, but the more you dig and look at objectively you begin to wonder why they were used? I say let trump do it. It will go how it always does, 9th will say no, 25 years later the Supreme Court will say yes.

"Legislative obstructionism is totally unfair for the minority party to use, unless we are in the minority cause it is different somehow." ~ A. Cunny Lickspittle

What is this “obstruction” you speak of? Be specific.
Does it go like this...”How dare those Republicans work tirelessly to protect our right to sovereignty, to protect REAL Americans fiscally and physically.”

Not many surprises here. The Dems are going to fight everything, and Trump's fans will forgive him for anything.
Id say that Trump hate from the left far exceeds forgiveness from the right.

Id say that Trump hate from the left far exceeds our forgiveness.
Sure, from your political perspective.

I HATE that Trump let SA get away with dismembering a journalist. I see no such integrity coming from the left on ANY issue.

Boy oh boy do the lickspittles get all pissy and defensive when you don't fall to your knees and kiss the ass of *their* beloved political elites.

I was recently told here that President Trump hasn't 'truly addressed' the wall/border until very recently. Talking about it endlessly, making it a staple of the midterms, and demanding legislation isn't 'pushing' in the eyes of the blind partisan. Now suddenly it's a national crisis. :lol:
well we got two supreme court justices as part of the program he campaigned on. Then there are all of the regulations that he eliminated to improve the jobs market, and now he's focusing on the wall. Name another president that did as much as he did in two years. I'll wait. and wait and wait, cause there won't be anything. :auiqs.jpg:

That's all well and good, but it doesn't address my point. It seems odd to not be focusing on something President Trump believes to be a national emergency. *Sorry your daughter got murdered by an illegal, but tax cuts and deregulation comes first.* lol. Is this a real national emergency or just an excuse to go around unwilling and uncooperative Congress? You don't see the dangerous precedent this sets for future presidents b/c your only concern is winning right now like most myopic sycophants.
Well like a good leader, he wanted the lawmakers to make the law. And you're going to bust him for not legislating from the Oval office. You would have been the first to go after him if he had. too funny, you all are so two faced it must be hard to see in a mirror.

I HATE that Trump let SA get away with dismembering a journalist. I see no such integrity coming from the left on ANY issue.
Give us a minute so we can bandstand like yous...

Give us a minute so we can bandstand like yous...
No one on the right says Trump is a perfect president. The left say he does nothing right ever. See the difference?

And how they don't realize how obvious this is, is an absolute mystery.

Some r care

Does it go like this...”How dare those Republicans work tirelessly to protect our right to sovereignty, to protect REAL Americans fiscally and physically.”

The obstruction that is consist of the party in the minority. This has pretty much been the standard of Congress for the last 20 years. Compromise has become a dirty word b/c of idiots like you.

This is a simple answer.
And I'm sure you know the answer.
60 votes.
And they don't have those votes now.

Why blame the Democrats if this was never going to happen?
Easy. If Democrats refuse to vote for anything who else can you blame?
You instead are trying to blame Republicans.
This makes no sense at all.
So this is just about blaming people.

Okay. That's politics, sadly. We'll see how this "national emergency" thing plays out.
You are a time waster.
You want to hold somebody accountable for this, yet you claim blaming the guilty is some GOD Damned political game.
Just shut the f**k up until you can offer something constructive.
I just asked a perfectly reasonable question.

And, once again, a reasonable question made you angry.

Don't read my posts maybe.
A reasonable question?
Hardly.
What is your problem here?
Somebody points out a glaring issue and your response is always that we should essentially stay quiet and ignore the obvious.

This really is an amazing story.

Trump had the House and Senate for two years and couldn't get this done.

Now he's trying to push it through a hostile Dem House, and he's blaming THEM for not getting it done.

Incredible. And his flock is still buying this.
perhaps it was due to needing nine dem votes during those two years. just saying you ain't too bright jack.
He knew he wasn't going to get them. And yet here we are.

And you must think that's bright.

Okay.
yes he did. So what? are you saying he should have just sat on his hands? :auiqs.jpg:he needed to expose them. Too bad the people of the US's votes were fraudulently overruled by illegal votes. and the dems like you, don't care they voted. It's ok, we know who the enemy is.
Well, it sure is a good thing that we obedient little Trumpster bunnies to tell us what's what.

Phew! We're lucky!
Yeah, fuck you dick head.
You just spelled out what your ideological biases are by using name-calling on Trump supporters.
Sorry that Ted Cruz didn't win, but he wasn't a solution either, and neither are you apparently.

Republicans blame everything on Democrats.

When Democrats are in power, it’s politically motivated.

But when Republicans control the entire government, and can even get through two unpopular supreme court justices, how did they have the nerve to still blame Democrats who have no power at all?

Republicans were able to loot the country and redistribute a couple of trillion dollars to billionaires, why couldn’t they get a little wall?

Just these facts alone prove how brainwashed the GOP base is.

Well like a good leader, he wanted the lawmakers to make the law. And you're going to bust him for not legislating from the Oval office. You would have been the first to go after him if he had. too funny, you all are so two faced it must be hard to see in a mirror.

Nothing like crafting a narrative, assigning it to me, and railing against it. Too funny indeed.

fight against something they themselves called for. too funny how the american citizen just gets shit on by these fks.

And how they don't realize how obvious this is, is an absolute mystery.

Some r care

The obstruction that is consist of the party in the minority. This has pretty much been the standard of Congress for the last 20 years. Compromise has become a dirty word b/c of idiots like you.

Haha...cool dramatic story and all but nobody really gives two fucks about 20 years ago...let’s be productive and talk about shit that matters....What are Republicans obstructing TODAY?

Forum List

Back