Roe v. Wade getting overturned!!

Criminalizing women, as well as making them second class citizens. Just what this country needs more stupid laws.
so how many weeks is that then? Saying you cant kill a baby doesnt make you a second class citizen.

I think it was leaked now because the left is planning their made for TV J6 spectacular in June. If this decision came out before SCOTUS recess, it would overwhelm the TV spectacular.
Beyond that, if it is thought this could force SCOTUS to change their minds......they did that at Floyd and got caught trying during Rittenhouse.
I also think they screwed up doing this. By November, it will be shown this doesn't eliminate abortion rights....restrict them, yes. How about full term abortion, is that right?
There's no such thing as full-term abortion. There's third trimester abortions, the one married women have after they find out from the doctor that the child they are carrying is hopelessly terribly deformed and most likely not viable.

If a state legislature passed those laws and they were upheld in court after they would most definitely challenged then yes. Why would those laws be any different than then myriad of laws that are restrictions on what we can do with our bodies But those laws dont exist so you're hyperventilating over something that hasn't happened and isnt even something people are talking about.

Is the seatbelt law legal? There are laws against suicide are those legal? Are laws requiring the wear of life preservers legal? Why is it illegal for me to go down to the courthouse steps and light myself on fire, or shoot up heroin? Why aren't you ranting and raving against those laws? At least when I light myself a blaze I'm only hurting me unlike when a woman has an abortion.
Except people right here in this thread are saying that if any state wants to grant rights to a fetus then it should be allowed.

So it seems to me people are indeed talking about it.

Except that the 9th amendment also states that people have rights that may not be enumerated in the Bill of Rights or the Constitution as a whole and that those rights are no less protected

Today, the Ninth Amendment is used mainly to stop the government from expanding its power rather than just limiting their power. Sometimes, courts try to use the Ninth Amendment as a way to provide and enforce rights that are not actually talked about in the Constitution.

Unlike many of the other amendments in the Bill of Rights, the Ninth Amendment does not actually give any rights, but rather just makes a statement about them.

so how many weeks is that then? Saying you cant kill a baby doesnt make you a second class citizen.
Saying you don't have control over your own body does make you a second class citizen. And whatever the weeks are doesn't matter it's none of your business. You do not have the right no one has the right to judge a woman if she has to make that terrible choice and no matter how you look at it it is a terrible choice but it's their choice not yours and definitely not ours. You don't want that kind of responsibility and neither does the state. The states that have put these restrictions in already will be paying a very high price for their mistake.

Except people right here in this thread are saying that if any state wants to grant rights to a fetus then it should be allowed.

So it seems to me people are indeed talking about it.
Even if fetuses have some kind of Rights they can't override the rights of people that are already here. A fetus is not a person it is a potential person that's the best you can say about it. And it definitely isn't an unborn child, that's just a con job to make you feel emotional about the issue.

There's no such thing as full-term abortion. There's third trimester abortions, the one married women have after they find out from the doctor that the child they are carrying is hopelessly terribly deformed and most likely not viable.
Yet they happen.

Thel greatest moment in American judicial history will be when the supreme Court finally says abortion is a medical issue and there's no need for any ruling on it it's a personal matter a medical matter that's what it is stop trying to make it something that it isn't. All abortion laws need to be put to an end.
Wrong. Correcting Roe is such a superlative move that it may be a crowning achievement in our judicial history.

And for all those liberoids now complaining that a precedent and settled law should be the end of the story, I ask: will that be your position if the SCOTUS someday revisits this Dobbs case?

Today, the Ninth Amendment is used mainly to stop the government from expanding its power rather than just limiting their power. Sometimes, courts try to use the Ninth Amendment as a way to provide and enforce rights that are not actually talked about in the Constitution.

Unlike many of the other amendments in the Bill of Rights, the Ninth Amendment does not actually give any rights, but rather just makes a statement about them.
it acknowledges that more rights exist than just those enumerated

Wrong. Correcting Roe is such a superlative move that it may be a crowning achievement in our judicial history.

And for all those liberoids now complaining that a precedent and settled law should be the end of the story, I ask: will that be your position if the SCOTUS someday revisits this Dobbs case?
So if or when Roe gets reinstated you won;t be whining about it right?

Even if fetuses have some kind of Rights they can't override the rights of people that are already here. A fetus is not a person it is a potential person that's the best you can say about it. And it definitely isn't an unborn child, that's just a con job to make you feel emotional about the issue.
So then what's the problem with abortion?

Anti abortion people want a fetus to have the full compliment of rights that any adult has

Thel greatest moment in American judicial history will be when the supreme Court finally says abortion is a medical issue and there's no need for any ruling on it it's a personal matter a medical matter that's what it is stop trying to make it something that it isn't. All abortion laws need to be put to an end.
Wrong. And repeating your failed argument doesn’t serve to salvage it.

Actually abortion laws need to come to an end. The truth is there a medical decision and procedure that should only be decided by those involved the woman her doctor and significant other or husband if there is one. The courts have just complicated our lives in trying to interfere with them and control them. That is not their place. There is no criminal intent or activity here.

So if or when Roe gets reinstated you won;t be whining about it right?
I haven’t whined ar all. If I applaud the prospective overruling of Roe v. Wade, of course I’d lament the overruling of Dobbs.

Pretty stupid “question” you “ask.”

Forum List

Back