Ron Paul: Crimea Secedes. So What?...

Russians have not invaded Ukraine. Crimea is not part of Ukraine. It was decided by the democratic vote of the people that Crimea would separate. The "Russians" are actually people from Crimea thowing the traitors out. The Russian military there have been there for 200 years, maintaining the Russian naval port.

"Democratic vote" -- run by a country that has no authority there and offering no status quo option. Some democracy that is. :lmao:

Imagine Canada setting up a referendum in New York asking 'do you want to (a) be a part of Canada or (b) be an independent country'.

Da fuck?

Residents of Crimea voted over the weekend on whether they would remain an autonomous region of Ukraine or join the Russian Federation. In so doing, they joined a number of countries and regions — including recently Scotland, Catalonia and Venice — that are seeking to secede from what they view as unresponsive or oppressive governments.

Republicans believe that Washington should not only control our 50 states, but the entire globe. There is nothing beyond the reach of Washington.

Don't they understand the law of unintended consequences?

God help us . . . (because once they re-take the White House in 2016 they are going to use the Russian threat to bankrupt us and destroy our freedoms).

Residents of Crimea voted over the weekend on whether they would remain an autonomous region of Ukraine or join the Russian Federation. In so doing, they joined a number of countries and regions — including recently Scotland, Catalonia and Venice — that are seeking to secede from what they view as unresponsive or oppressive governments.

Republicans believe that Washington should not only control our 50 states, but the entire globe. There is nothing beyond the reach of Washington.

Don't they understand the law of unintended consequences?

God help us . . . (because once they re-take the White House in 2016 they are going to use the Russian threat to bankrupt us and destroy our freedoms).

What freedoms?

Freedoms are so 18th century, the word itself sounds borderline racist and patriarchal.

Crimea always belonged to Russia.... Putin can keep Crimea as far as I am concerned. But he should stop there and not continue for the rest of Ukraine.

My 2 cents.

Cripes now we're talking about arming the Ukraine. Have we lost our minds? No need to answer because it's a yes!

When will we learn? This could turn into a complete civil war with our help.

U.S. House Intelligence Committee Chairman Mike Rogers said on Sunday he thinks the United States should send weapons to Ukraine so it can defend itself from a Russian invasion.

Freaking crazy.

http://news.yahoo.com/putin-stalin-ukraine-peter-the-great-162207530.html

Crimea always belonged to Russia.... Putin can keep Crimea as far as I am concerned. But he should stop there and not continue for the rest of Ukraine.

My 2 cents.

Of course, by "always" we mean "1783 to the Crimean War, at which point it reverted back to the Ottoman Empire, and then 1921 when it was annexed by the Soviet Union (not Russia) until 1991 when Ukraine got its independence back and took Crimea -- which had been a part of Ukraine since 1954 -- with it".

Definition of "always"

:D

"We are at war with Oceania. We have always been at war with Oceania".

Last edited:
Too early for semantics Pogo.

I believe what I believe and that is enough for me.

Ok. So demographically they are 60% ethnic Russian. The goons that overthrew the government in Kiev absolutely hate anything or anybody Russian or who isn't ethnically pure Ukrainian.

Right in the party platform they say they want to strip Crimea of its autonomy. Ban the Russian language. Give preference to anyone that is ethnically pure Ukrainian. Make Ukrainaphobia a criminal offence.

Geeze louise it should be a freaking no brainer that Crimeans voted to rejoin Russia.

My 2 cents.

Of course, by "always" we mean "1783 to the Crimean War, at which point it reverted back to the Ottoman Empire, and then 1921 when it was annexed by the Soviet Union (not Russia) until 1991 when Ukraine got its independence back and took Crimea -- which had been a part of Ukraine since 1954 -- with it".

Definition of "always"

Nikita gave Crimea to the Ukraine.

My 2 cents.

Definition of "always"

Nikita gave Crimea to the Ukraine.

I asked you this a while back... why do you say "the" Ukraine?

Forum List

Back