Roseanne on Tax Incentives 20 years ago

I think it's her desire to "reeducate" and decapitate dissenters that bothers me.

She's right. The companies that aren't in her town should pay higher taxes to her town and higher wages to her neighbors.
Oh, wait, they aren't in her town, so they pay no taxes or wages. She showed them!

So that means what exactly?

I was explaining tax breaks to the top bracket to my 9 year old. She said "but the people who have a lot of money dont have to create jobs for the tax breaks do they?"

The answer is no...A 9 year old figured out the flaw in that reasoning.

She's right. The companies that aren't in her town should pay higher taxes to her town and higher wages to her neighbors.
Oh, wait, they aren't in her town, so they pay no taxes or wages. She showed them!

I was explaining tax breaks to the top bracket to my 9 year old. She said "but the people who have a lot of money dont have to create jobs for the tax breaks do they?"

That explains the Democrat stance on taxes, grade school education level.

Your counter shows you cant show the flaw in grade school level logic. Good job tho. You are following the trend of everyone else who replied...make it about something else besides the video. Thumbs up

She's whining that she'll have to pay for the tax breaks used to attract employers to her town.
The employer that is not in her town yet is not paying any taxes to her town yet, so how does a cut
for them reduce her town's revenues?

Explain to me what YOU and obviously your 9 year old think are "tax breaks" to the top bracket?
Here let me help you though before you embarrass yourself:
THESE ARE THE SO-CALLED "TAX BREAKS" OK??

go to this web site before you embarrass yourself with your daughter OK?
The Top 20 Tax Expenditures - Business Insider
  1. $171 billion in 2012 was deducted from taxes for... health insurance for EMPLOYEES!! HEALTH Insurance payments for EMPLOYEES DEDUCTION.. Individuals NOT the "RICH" Do you understand that the number one "subsidy" as you call it is the allowance to deduct from taxes the payments made for employees health insurance??Let's do away with that and see what the 150 million insured by their employers will do!
  2. $138 billion for employees pensions! (Again ... for the employees... NOT THE RICH!! Again the employers deduct this from their taxes due.. just like you take your mortgage interest...oh yea..see the next deduction (subsidy) you want elimination!
  3. $87 billion employees mortgage interest deductions (AGAIN do you deduct your mortgage interest? Then you are one of those "RICH"???This is everyone in America that pays a mortgage will no longer be able to deduct from their taxes if YOU do away with all "subsidies"!!!
  4. $24 billion for child care credit (AGAIN another "RICH tax loophole???) This is everyone in America that pays babysitters , etc., no longer be able to deduct from their taxes if YOU do away with all "subsidies"!!!
  5. $33 billion charitable contributions YUP I would say like Obama did these are RICH people deductions right!!!And of course THESE subsidies help in contribution to helping people!
  6. $27 billion deductions of health care items (guess what... again NOT the rich people... HCA people!) And again... the average american deducts $27 billion in health care expenses... NOT evil wealthy or corporations!
  7. $14 billion Deduction for domestic Production activities (AH... this is the tax deduction ALL companies not just oil companies take for depletion of their raw assets!
  8. $11 billion Various energy and natural resources credits/deductions.. AGAIN those evil companies that get credits for CO2,etc.. global warming credits!!!)

Your counter shows you cant show the flaw in grade school level logic. Good job tho. You are following the trend of everyone else who replied...make it about something else besides the video. Thumbs up

The video uses the same uneducated logic.

"Well who's going to pay the taxes that they ain't payin'?"

Who is paying the taxes now? The company not located there isn't paying any taxes anyway so why does that matter? What matters is bringing the jobs there.

Then the logic they have is that a lower paying job is worse than no job at all just shows the premise of the show, a depressed area with a clueless labor force. They demand above market wages and then blame everyone but themselves when no new business shows up.

Forum List

Back