ROTFLOL ! "Passive Racism"

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Folks, could I get someone to wake me up from this non-stop crazy that has been going on now for several years ?
If anyone knows of a cheap planet out there well away from this insanity, please drop me a PM asap.

By the way, just to be clear, I see some kids clowning around. The PC crazies see something hideous here.
Can we now please consider an annual "KICK-A-LIBERAL DAY" ?

Gap Pulls Ad Called 'Racist,' Apologizes to Critics

Clothing retailer Gap has pulled an ad that some critics say delivers a "racist" message.

In the ad, a 12-year-old white girl from a youth performance group is leaning her arm on a black 8-year-old fellow troupe member, who also happens to be her adopted sister. Critics said the ad gives a message of "passive racism."

The campaign, launched last Friday, was made in collaboration with Ellen DeGeneres' lifestyle brand ED. As part of the campaign, Gap Inc., based in San Francisco, is donating $250,000 to the charity Girls Inc. to support its economic literacy program.

"We're partnering with Ellen Degeneres' lifestyle brand ED to encourage girls everywhere to be themselves," according to a statement on Gap's Facebook page.

Meet the 11-Year-Old Who Has a Lemonade Contract With Whole Foods
Gap's Fashion, Pop-Culture Highs and Lows Through the Years
On Monday, Gap decided to replace the image in the ad campaign and apologized to critics.

"As a brand with a proud 46-year history of championing diversity and inclusivity, we appreciate the conversation that has taken place and are sorry to anyone we’ve offended," a Gap spokeswoman said in a statement. "This GapKids campaign highlights true stories of talented girls who are celebrating creative self-expression and sharing their messages of empowerment. We are replacing the image with a different shot from the campaign, which encourages girls (and boys) everywhere to be themselves and feel pride in what makes them unique."

Nathalie Yves Gaulthier, founder of Le Petit Cirque, the youth performance group whose members are featured in the ad, said in a statement: "The child in the ad is not an "armrest", she's the other girl's little sister. They are a very close FAMILY. The child is a very young [junior] member with Le Petit Cirque, a humanitarian cirque company, and therefore a wee shyer than the more seasoned older outgoing girls. Our company is deeply saddened by some people misconstruing this as racist, and are keeping the children out if this at the moment to protect their beautiful feelings , but we are extremely supportive of dialogue in our country to move past any racial barriers. We stand by GAP KIDS and Ellen DeGeneres."

Gaulthier said in the statement that the group's shows "bring us in front of numerous cultures," such as their recent performance in Dubai and future shows in Central America.

The group's work, according to the statement, "is about kindness, love, and empowering kids to move past cultural differences, stereotypes, ethnicites, and assist kids through their fears, shyness, insecurities and transforming them into strong confident and tolerant human beings, so perhaps this ad is now an extension of our compassion of LPC’s mandate by educating more people."

They should apologize for assaulting my eyes with such pedestrian prints and palettes. lol

Folks, could I get someone to wake me up from this non-stop crazy that has been going on now for several years ?
If anyone knows of a cheap planet out there well away from this insanity, please drop me a PM asap.

By the way, just to be clear, I see some kids clowning around. The PC crazies see something hideous here.

Clothing retailer Gap has pulled an ad that some critics say delivers a "racist" message.

In the ad, a 12-year-old white girl from a youth performance group is leaning her arm on a black 8-year-old fellow troupe member, who also happens to be her adopted sister. Critics said the ad gives a message of "passive racism."

The campaign, launched last Friday, was made in collaboration with Ellen DeGeneres' lifestyle brand ED. As part of the campaign, Gap Inc., based in San Francisco, is donating $250,000 to the charity Girls Inc. to support its economic literacy program.

"We're partnering with Ellen Degeneres' lifestyle brand ED to encourage girls everywhere to be themselves," according to a statement on Gap's Facebook page.

On Monday, Gap decided to replace the image in the ad campaign and apologized to critics.

"As a brand with a proud 46-year history of championing diversity and inclusivity, we appreciate the conversation that has taken place and are sorry to anyone we’ve offended," a Gap spokeswoman said in a statement. "This GapKids campaign highlights true stories of talented girls who are celebrating creative self-expression and sharing their messages of empowerment. We are replacing the image with a different shot from the campaign, which encourages girls (and boys) everywhere to be themselves and feel pride in what makes them unique."

Nathalie Yves Gaulthier, founder of Le Petit Cirque, the youth performance group whose members are featured in the ad, said in a statement: "The child in the ad is not an "armrest", she's the other girl's little sister. They are a very close FAMILY. The child is a very young [junior] member with Le Petit Cirque, a humanitarian cirque company, and therefore a wee shyer than the more seasoned older outgoing girls. Our company is deeply saddened by some people misconstruing this as racist, and are keeping the children out if this at the moment to protect their beautiful feelings , but we are extremely supportive of dialogue in our country to move past any racial barriers. We stand by GAP KIDS and Ellen DeGeneres."

Gaulthier said in the statement that the group's shows "bring us in front of numerous cultures," such as their recent performance in Dubai and future shows in Central America.

The group's work, according to the statement, "is about kindness, love, and empowering kids to move past cultural differences, stereotypes, ethnicites, and assist kids through their fears, shyness, insecurities and transforming them into strong confident and tolerant human beings, so perhaps this ad is now an extension of our compassion of LPC’s mandate by educating more people."

I do not believe it was racist but just a stupid ad... As for a planet for you, no you are stuck here with me, and as long as I have to suffer from the stupidity of humanity ( political affiliation matter not ) you have to endure the same nonsense!

I can let ya have Pluto cheap, now that it's not really a planet, but you'll have to find you own way there.

(the boosters on my ship need an overhaul)

I can let ya have Pluto cheap, now that it's not really a planet, but you'll have to find you own way there.

What's with the Falcon this time?

What's with the Falcon this time?

Nothing, just the standard 2,000,000 mile check up.

They should apologize for assaulting my eyes with such pedestrian prints and palettes. lol

No kidding!

Has the GAP become the new K-Mart or Wal-Mart for those that have money to waste?

I am not a fashion queen but I still have eyes. lol

If I have to wear a damn Tiara then call me a Queen of Fashion because there are some things that should never happen and we've done the 70's, 80's and 90's!!!

( MDK look and wonder if the rumors could be true, and no they are not but I am comfortable with the person I am! )

No kidding!

Has the GAP become the new K-Mart or Wal-Mart for those that have money to waste?

If I have to wear a damn Tiara then call me a Queen of Fashion because there are some things that should never happen and we've done the 70's, 80's and 90's!!!

( MDK look and wonder if the rumors could be true, and no they are not but I am comfortable with the person I am! )

I don't have to live through an era to know a look is horrifying. lol

No kidding!

I don't have to live through an era to know a look is horrifying. lol

I agree it is a crime against our eyes and if punishable by death I would call for the penalty for the designer of that ad...

( MDK is laughing knowing I must be drunk because I can not write for shit when sober )

There are people out there that look for this kind of stuff all day long. ANYTHING that can be used as a weapon against whites will be used. This is a great example that everything is racist. Soon all white people will be frozen in fear. They will stay in their house and never come out. The white race will be castrated one or another. You already have a large portion of whites with no balls, they are called liberals.

My wife, who is Hispanic, was really pissed off when she saw this. Enough is enough she says. The false racism claims are evil and......racist....ironic huh?

Last edited:
Will someone burn the Exaggerated PC book
Please

What happened to just plain common sense and mutual respect?

If it does not have a black or minority it is racism, if it does it can only be in a particular way or it's racism....

People, kids

racism if one does not have brown or red hair? What next, at least one must have two different color eyes? A gap in the teeth? A disability requiring a prosthesis? At least one person over the age of 80?

All demographics it would look like a class photo

Please

If it does not have a black or minority it is racism, if it does it can only be in a particular way or it's racism....

People, kids

racism if one does not have brown or red hair? What next, at least one must have two different color eyes? A gap in the teeth? A disability requiring a prosthesis? At least one person over the age of 80?

I had a thread the other day on commercials. Every black person is Einstein and every white person is a dumb fuck.

Please

People, kids

I had a thread the other day on commercials. Every black person is Einstein and every white person is a dumb fuck.

Why so many school drop outs? It's what 14% for black males?

Every kid deserves an education. Every kid should be smart enough to stay in school. I live in Los Angeles, the dropout rate here is in the high teens. This is not good for our country. My doctor and dentist are foriegners. Why do we need to bring them in to fill these positions? Because our kids are partying and getting high and dropping out of school. We are spoiled beyond belief and lazy to no end.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back