Rubio vs. Athiest

God is real. At the time you'll get to see Him, it will be too late and I doubt the human mind can imagine how bad that will be.

Since I haven't seen an actual picture of the relative you claim I evolved from 20,000 generations ago, the rational mind can only come to the conclusion that it didn't happen.

Okay, so you think Heaven and eternal life are real. Fine. So what do you plan on doing for the first trillion years of your eternal life?

Answer that and then we'll work on the next trillion trillion years, which, of course, won't even begin to cover it.

Let's hear it, Mr. Certain.

Enjoying people like you not being there.

No picture? Based on your statement, that means no proof.

IOW you have no rational answer.

You don't recognize one.

Still not picture? Guess you lose by your own words.

Is this why you don't give a shit about America? Because you think that in the big picture, America is meaningless?

I give a shit about America. That's why I don't give a shit about people like you. You're meaningless and worthless.

God is real. At the time you'll get to see Him, it will be too late and I doubt the human mind can imagine how bad that will be.

Since I haven't seen an actual picture of the relative you claim I evolved from 20,000 generations ago, the rational mind can only come to the conclusion that it didn't happen.

Okay, so you think Heaven and eternal life are real. Fine. So what do you plan on doing for the first trillion years of your eternal life?

Answer that and then we'll work on the next trillion trillion years, which, of course, won't even begin to cover it.

You don't recognize one.

Is this why you don't give a shit about America? Because you think that in the big picture, America is meaningless?

That's what bothers me about electing a Christian zealot. Rubio goes on and on here about his preoccupation with the afterlife. I don't want someone with what essentially amounts to a death wish with their finger on the button.

You don't recognize one.

You're certain of eternal life, then you must be certain of what it consists of. Tell us.

Read the Bible. It's clear. I don't need to say what's already been said better than I can say it. What I do know is your kind won't be there and that's the best part.

You're certain of what you believe. Show that picture I requested proving it.

Read the Bible? Oh my. The Bible is storybook written by Men.

Yep, an atheist believes there is no god. It's a matter of faith unless you have evidence?
Before we move any further. Do you feel that your belief in no Blue Fairies on the dark side of the moon is faith based?
Typical atheist dishonesty.

There's no reason at all to believe in blue fairies, unicorns or Santa Claus. But since we are here discussing shit, there's reason to believe we got here somehow. You and I have both chosen a faithful answer. The fact that atheists are so fucking dishonest would prevent me from ever entering their carnival of thought.

How do you know the Muslims haven't gotten it exactly right?
Now you're going off on a tangent. I have no religious beliefs, I don't think any of them have it right.

So you've joined the rightwing religious bigots for what reason?

He just recognizes you're an idiot, too.

You don't recognize one.

You're certain of eternal life, then you must be certain of what it consists of. Tell us.

Read the Bible. It's clear. I don't need to say what's already been said better than I can say it. What I do know is your kind won't be there and that's the best part.

You're certain of what you believe. Show that picture I requested proving it.

Read the Bible? Oh my. The Bible is storybook written by Men.

You asked. Tells me you really didn't want to know and were running that big mouth again.

Apparently what you believe is fiction since you can't provide that picture.

You don't recognize one.

I give a shit about America. That's why I don't give a shit about people like you. You're meaningless and worthless.

No you don't. You're just biding your time in this worthless, momentary country until what you think is your big reward shows up?

Is Jesus American?

Before we move any further. Do you feel that your belief in no Blue Fairies on the dark side of the moon is faith based?

There's no reason at all to believe in blue fairies, unicorns or Santa Claus. But since we are here discussing shit, there's reason to believe we got here somehow. You and I have both chosen a faithful answer. The fact that atheists are so fucking dishonest would prevent me from ever entering their carnival of thought.

Now you're going off on a tangent. I have no religious beliefs, I don't think any of them have it right.

I'm an idiot because I don't think 72 virgins are waiting for me in Heaven?

They left the room.

You don't recognize one.

No you don't. You're just biding your time in this worthless, momentary country until what you think is your big reward shows up?

Is Jesus American?

I give a shit about America but could care less about certain Americans like you.

I can live here today knowing that I won't have to deal with the likes of you later.

Again, read the Bible. It tells you all you need to know about the questions you've been asking.

You're an idiot because you can't provide the proof I requested and don't realize that because you can't, what you believe hasn't been proven.

A belief in a negative is a non belief. It's like saying I believe in no blue fairies. So can I assume that if you have a belief in no other gods that they are faith based. Or do you believe in every single god that was described by man. The Celestial Teapot, is that also faith based? The Blue Fairies on the dark side of the moon. Your belief or lack of belief in them must be faith based. In fact there are billions of different things one can believe or not believe. Accoring to you every one of them is faith based. Yeah, I know. Sounds pretty ridiculous.
You are spinning like a top. Words mean things, you cannot redefine them to suit yourself. You either believe in a god, don't believe in one or you don't fucking know. Trying to turn English into quantum physics just proves you are deranged.
I don't believe in one. That is called a non belief.

Merrriam Webster

Atheism
a : a disbelief in the existence of deity

Oxford

a·the·ism
ˈāTHēˌizəm/
noun
noun: atheism
disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.
Yep, an atheist believes there is no god. It's a matter of faith unless you have evidence?

Many people believe in fairies and unicorns. You may feel that there is no reason to believe in them but people still believe in them.
The professional women who believe fairies guide them
Unicorns’ Existence Proven, Says North Korea | TIME.com

From your viewpoint, your belief in neither of these things is faith based. You will either agree with me or argue your own point.

Promoting the concept of United States as a Judeo-Christian nation first became a political program in the 1940s
Wrong.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness..."

What creator were they talking about? Zeus?

Thomas Jefferson said: ""God who gave us life gave us liberty. Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed a conviction that these liberties are the gift of God?" He also wrote: "Almighty God hath created the mind free. ... All attempts to influence it by temporal punishments or burthens...are a departure from the plan of the Holy Author of our religion..."
Jefferson was a Deist. He rewrote TNT and omitted the miracles. Do you see Jew or Christian in the above statement. No. Providence is not Judeo Christian. He surely was not referring to Yahweh. By the way, how many Gods did the Jews worship. They were not monotheist. Yahweh was the tribal war God they called on only when needed.
Jefferson wrote his own NT bible. He didn't buy the son of god business but nobody lived in a vacuum. Of course they were influenced by Judaism and Christianity. It's all over our history.

You are spinning like a top. Words mean things, you cannot redefine them to suit yourself. You either believe in a god, don't believe in one or you don't fucking know. Trying to turn English into quantum physics just proves you are deranged.

Merrriam Webster

Atheism

Oxford

a·the·ism
ˈāTHēˌizəm/
noun

Many people believe in fairies and unicorns. You may feel that there is no reason to believe in them but people still believe in them.

From your viewpoint, your belief in neither of these things is faith based. You will either agree with me or argue your own point.

Non-fairyism is a religion, dontcha know.

Merrriam Webster

Atheism

Oxford

a·the·ism
ˈāTHēˌizəm/
noun

I see, so you're going to introduce some nuts to prove that believing in a secular cause is similar to unicorns or fairies. That's intellectually dishonest. But par for the course for atheists.

So. After all this you won't declare there is no god. Good. That makes you an agnostic. Thanks!

Any comments or counter-arguments to Rubio from this clip?

The Rube handled the question very well, except for the part where he said, "Jesus died to remove our sins, they could be covered BUT NOT REMOVED any other way." Which begs the question, "What God made and forced Rubio's God to obey that "rule?"

Merrriam Webster

Atheism

Oxford

a·the·ism
ˈāTHēˌizəm/
noun

I see, so you're going to introduce some nuts to prove that believing in a secular cause is similar to unicorns or fairies. That's intellectually dishonest. But par for the course for atheists.

So. After all this you won't declare there is no god. Good. That makes you an agnostic. Thanks!
I think I just showed you the door. Thanks for coming out. Try harder next time. :bye1:

I see. god created us with flaws, tells us that none of us are without sin, and then blames us for sinning.

Every night, my kids and I say prayers at their bedtime. I have raised them to say thanks to God each day for at least two things for which they are grateful. I have raised them not to ask for anything from God, because God knows their needs. Asking for something from God is placing an expectation on God, and that inevitably will lead to disappointment.

I think this is what is at the core of most atheists' resentments. They have expectations of God, and are angry he does not meet their demands.

One night, while the kids were getting ready for bed when they were very small, they started playing around and began swinging on a curtain over our back door. Of course the curtain rod eventually bent and the curtain fell to the floor.

At that exact moment, I arrived at the top of the stairs and looked down and saw this ridiculous scene. I impulsively shouted at my children, "What the hell is wrong with you people?!"

Do you think they felt like kneeling down and saying prayers with me after that?

Nope. No they didn't.

Until...

Until I remembered that I knew any children I might have would not be perfect. I knew before they were born they were going to make mistakes.

I had them anyway.

And you know what? No matter how angry they might make me sometimes, no matter what mistakes they might make, it does not change the love I feel for them one bit.

So here's the crucial thing you must understand. Their destruction of the curtain had created a gulf between me and them.

But as they are the children and I am their father, it was up to me to close that gulf between us with my love and forgiveness.

Understand?

That's what Jesus' sacrifice represents. God is reaching across the gulf of our sins and bringing us back to him. All we have to do is accept that. He knew before He created us we would be imperfect, and it does not change the way He feels about us one bit.

Simple.

So I asked my kids, "Okay, you didn't know that would happen, but now you have learned a little something about the laws of physics. So you won't ever do that again, right?"

Then we all happily knelt down and said our prayers.

I have not replaced that curtain rod. I straightened it as much as possible and put it back up. I will ask to be buried with it, because it is a holy relic to me as much as the Cross.

I had a boss like that once.

There's a better Boss out there.

You are overthinking it, 5000. We are not angry with god. That would be like being angry at Superman for not coming to the rescue.
That is an expectation atheists have. Atheists want God to banish all crime and war and disease. They want him to rescue us from ourselves. Since he doesn't meet their demands, they mistakenly conclude he does not exist.

So yes, atheists are angry at God. I spent many years as a member of an organization that was overwhelmingly atheists. Very intelligent people. Way above average in intelligence. But angry and depressed to the core. I've never seen such a high rate of people on SSRIs. :D

It was that which finally drove me away from them.

5000, you are not listening. We are not angry with a nonexistent entity. I don't expect anything of god, who in my opinion, simply does not exist.

It really is that simple. And, no, I am not depressed. In fact, I am at peace, most of the time. I do not live with doubts, questions, and unresolved conflicts. In fact, one of my brothers, who is a devout fundamentalist, spends a WHOLE lot more time than I do worrying about god. The only thing I am worried about is how long will it take my broken foot to heal. I miss playing water volleyball with my club!

What the fuck are you babbling about? I joined religious bigots, when? Your brain is gone.

I think I just showed you the door. Thanks for coming out. Try harder next time. :bye1:
You showed your ass. Which is all atheists do. You are an agnostic but dishonestly represent yourself as an atheist. You do so because atheism here is an anti-Christianity cult.

You showed your ass. Which is all atheists do. You are an agnostic but dishonestly represent yourself as an atheist. You do so because atheism here is an anti-Christianity cult.
Are you being accused of being religious again? That's what, 5 times now in the last few months. Seems to be a pattern with you. Just sayin'.

Forum List

Back