Rubio's financial fiasco

I don't know if this has been brought up before, but this concerns me about the senator from Florida. He doesn't seem to handle his money well, and the way he earns some of it seems suspect. Here's some of the highlights
  • While making $90k annually he had to sell of a car and move in with his mother-in-law for financial reasons
  • Somehow, despite his bosses frustration at his job because of his lack of focus tied to his political career, he manages to land a $300k job
  • A campaign donor got him a job as a college instructor to help with his finances. He also hires Rubio as a lawyer and employs Rubio's wife. Sounds like a purchased senator to me.
  • He neglected to pay the mortgage on a home for 5 months.
  • His wife neglected to pay the local taxes on the PAC she runs that seems to be a way to subsidize the Rubio's lifestyle
  • In 10 years of total earnings of $2.38 million he managed a net worth of only about $50k
  • He has more than once "accidentally" used party money for personal expenses
Throw in some really stupid moves like buying a half million dollar home, a luxury speed boat, and some stupid car leases and you begin to wonder if he has any sense at all. Frankly if a publisher had not been stupid enough to pay him an $800k advance on a book that didn't sell 40k copies (that's right, he's made more than $20 per book. check your local Everything's $1 store for copies) you have to wonder where his finances would be today.

Can someone so obviously indebted to others and so obviously irresponsible be trusted in the white house?

sources: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/10/us/politics/marco-rubio-finances-debt-loans-credit.html?_r=0
Ben Carson Has Sold More Copies Of His Book Than Every Other 2016 Republican Combined — By A Lot

Yes, I was concerned about this when they brought it up. Thanks for the news on this.

You really think Marco Rubio's student loans and Dick Cheney's blind trust are/were relevant, but foreign contributions to the Clinton Foundation while hillary was Secretary of State isn't.
The hypocrisy of the Liberal/Progressive/Democrat is stunning!

I'll defend capitalism against an Islamic banking and financial system any day of the week.

"I don't know if this has been brought up before, but this concerns me about the senator from Florida."

One should be just as concerned about Rubio's hostility toward the privacy rights of women, the equal protection rights of gay Americans, and the voting rights of minorities.

hillary wipes state email, and they go after rubio for having to work his way through school.
this has nothing to do with working his way through school. i can applaud him for that, even though it seems more like he borrowed his way through school.

what worries me is his inability to manage his own finances. He has made some very good money but would be bankrupt if it weren't for a generous book deal and billionaire donor.

why doesn't that concern you?
because he's a good guy, and the insinuation is mean and petty. i would trust rubio with my life, i wouldn't trust bill or hillary to get me coffee. did you read the part where they ripped off shit from the (peoples) white house, pretty classy folk. sandy berger and the benghazi affair....lewinsky, sniper fire. and and and.

this election ain't going down easy, i can tell you that.. glass houses being what they are...:)
Insinuating? I'm flat out stating. He makes very poor decisions and appears to be owned by a donor that subsidizesnot just his campaigns but his personal life as well.
you are, those moderators, weren't overt. the media is so high on itself, and increasingly narcissistic and hoggy for attention. let's see if you feel the same way when hillary gets grilled, if she gets grilled, which may never happen. marco is right about the demsuperpac is the media.

I don't know if this has been brought up before, but this concerns me about the senator from Florida. He doesn't seem to handle his money well, and the way he earns some of it seems suspect. Here's some of the highlights
  • While making $90k annually he had to sell of a car and move in with his mother-in-law for financial reasons
  • Somehow, despite his bosses frustration at his job because of his lack of focus tied to his political career, he manages to land a $300k job
  • A campaign donor got him a job as a college instructor to help with his finances. He also hires Rubio as a lawyer and employs Rubio's wife. Sounds like a purchased senator to me.
  • His wife neglected to pay the local taxes on the PAC she runs that seems to be a way to subsidize the Rubio's lifestyle
  • In 10 years of total earnings of $2.38 million he managed a net worth of only about $50k
Throw in some really stupid moves like buying a half million dollar home, a luxury speed boat, and some stupid car leases and you begin to wonder if he has any sense at all. Frankly if a publisher had not been stupid enough to pay him an $800k advance on a book that didn't sell 40k copies (that's right, he's made more than $20 per book. check your local Everything's $1 store for copies) you have to wonder where his finances would be today.

Can someone so obviously indebted to others and so obviously irresponsible be trusted in the white house?

sources: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/10/us/politics/marco-rubio-finances-debt-loans-credit.html?_r=0
Ben Carson Has Sold More Copies Of His Book Than Every Other 2016 Republican Combined — By A Lot

This REEKS of Prog Flop Sweat.

Rubio is like MILLIONS of Average Americans who have had to juggle student loans, mortages, child rearing expenses etc.

So he got a book advance. If that gets your panties in a twist, then consider the book deals given the Clintons (including Chelsea).

I'll take Rubio's perfectly ordinary experiences over hiLIARy's claim of being poor while she and her philandering spouse have raked in over $100M.
There is nothing ordinary about earning $2.38 million and having a net worth of $50k
Forbes Welcome

Rubio is like MILLIONS of Average Americans who have had to juggle student loans, mortages, child rearing expenses etc.

So he got a book advance. If that gets your panties in a twist, then consider the book deals given the Clintons (including Chelsea).

I'll take Rubio's perfectly ordinary experiences over hiLIARy's claim of being poor while she and her philandering spouse have raked in over $100M.
There is nothing ordinary about earning $2.38 million and having a net worth of $50k
I made about that before I retired and I don't have a hell of a lot more left over. He's pretty average, actually. Borrowed a bunch for a degree, married and had some kids and got a good job in the private sector.
How much money did bill clinton piss away because he couldn't keep his dick in his pants?
And you want to make Marco Rubio out to be some less than perfect human. Hypocritical bastard, you are, son.
Im not surprised that you also make poor decisions. And i don't think i believe you made that kind of money in that time span
this bears repeating i think. Hillary Clinton says she and Bill were 'dead broke'

please explain the hypocrisy upthread, if you are using this as an argument to bolster and sell us bernie or clintonmania...

Last edited:
Look Rubio's apparent inability to manage his own personal financial responsibilities IS a valid issue for a presidential candidate. If you tell me these are lies made up by the left okay but if these are real its valid to question electing someone like that President.
Rubio wasn't born on third base. His struggles are no different than the tens of millions of people whose votes he is seeking. He has more in common with the voters than any other candidate.

His "struggles"?, how do you know it isnt a gambling problem and hes not in hock to ....someone.
Why would you even consider something like a gambling problem when you see no problem with contributions to the Clinton Foundation from foreign interests when your candidate was Secretary of State?

who said I dont see a problem with Clinton foundation gifts?.....That is your blind partisanship talking.....

I wont be voting for Clinton, but I sure as heck wont vote for a gambling addict either, and will likely vote 3rd party.

"I don't know if this has been brought up before, but this concerns me about the senator from Florida."

One should be just as concerned about Rubio's hostility toward the privacy rights of women, the equal protection rights of gay Americans, and the voting rights of minorities.
And you have evidence that should cause you to be concerned? Or just talking points?

Look Rubio's apparent inability to manage his own personal financial responsibilities IS a valid issue for a presidential candidate. If you tell me these are lies made up by the left okay but if these are real its valid to question electing someone like that President.
Rubio wasn't born on third base. His struggles are no different than the tens of millions of people whose votes he is seeking. He has more in common with the voters than any other candidate.

His "struggles"?, how do you know it isnt a gambling problem and hes not in hock to ....someone.
Why would you even consider something like a gambling problem when you see no problem with contributions to the Clinton Foundation from foreign interests when your candidate was Secretary of State?

who said I dont see a problem with Clinton foundation gifts?.....That is your blind partisanship talking.....

I wont be voting for Clinton, but I sure as heck wont vote for a gambling addict either, and will likely vote 3rd party.
What evidence do you have of a gambling addiction?

Do you have rabies or something? You have everything twisted up into some hate filled intolerant wad of pus between your ears.

Traditional marriage isn't a lack of protection for some other combination. He doesn't want two brothers marrying either. Abortion involves another human, to call it a woman's privacy issue is insane. He is a minority, when did he oppose minority voting rights?

Get some help.

Wow. You just manufactured a gambling addiction out of whole cloth!

Do you work for the Bush campaign?

I don't think this will stop him from being the eventual nominee. I once said it would be jeb but now even most Washington insiders know he's the one.

I made about that before I retired and I don't have a hell of a lot more left over. He's pretty average, actually. Borrowed a bunch for a degree, married and had some kids and got a good job in the private sector.
How much money did bill clinton piss away because he couldn't keep his dick in his pants?
And you want to make Marco Rubio out to be some less than perfect human. Hypocritical bastard, you are, son.
Im not surprised that you also make poor decisions. And i don't think i believe you made that kind of money in that time span

You must live on public assistance. After taxes and living expenses, not much is left of $238K per year if one is raising a family in a major metro area.

IN the absence of some other explanation I think it makes a lot of sense

Wow. You just manufactured a gambling addiction out of whole cloth!

Do you work for the Bush campaign?

not out of whole cloth
IN the absence of some other explanation I think it makes a lot of sense. and no I certainly do not work for the Bushes, you should be able to tell that from past posts.

but on the subject of gambling...I think Bush stands above Rubio, Christy and Trump.

Rubio and Christy may just be chumps for gambling interests....Christy recently I believe Okaying internet gambling in his state.

So the only candidate not bought is Trump. Are you saying we should vote for him?

As far as what one does with their personal money? Not my business.

Actually his struggles with finances makes him a better candidate than the fat cats that want the job. At least he knows about financial issues with common Americans.

You must live on public assistance. After taxes and living expenses, not much is left of $238K per year if one is raising a family in a major metro area.
You're an idiot. you live within your means no matter the situation, and its a lot easier to do when you're bringing in nearly a quarter million dollars. Rubio seems incapable of doing that.

You're an idiot. you live within your means no matter the situation, and its a lot easier to do when you're bringing in nearly a quarter million dollars. Rubio seems incapable of doing that.

You're a gullible dupe who falls for the Obama agenda to enslave the middle class by lumping in people who make $200K per year with billionaires.

Rubio has lived within his means. He has a positive net worth.

So the only candidate not bought is Trump. Are you saying we should vote for him?

As far as what one does with their personal money? Not my business.

Actually his struggles with finances makes him a better candidate than the fat cats that want the job. At least he knows about financial issues with common Americans.
He really doesn't. He's made very good money his entire career and it never seems to be enough. That leads to him getting a 'job' subsidized by his donor, a donor that employs his wife. Does that not concern you a little? Rubio isn't just dependent on the guy for campaigns, he beeds him for living expenses

Forum List

Back