Rubio's financial fiasco

I don't know if this has been brought up before, but this concerns me about the senator from Florida. He doesn't seem to handle his money well, and the way he earns some of it seems suspect. Here's some of the highlights
  • While making $90k annually he had to sell of a car and move in with his mother-in-law for financial reasons
  • Somehow, despite his bosses frustration at his job because of his lack of focus tied to his political career, he manages to land a $300k job
  • A campaign donor got him a job as a college instructor to help with his finances. He also hires Rubio as a lawyer and employs Rubio's wife. Sounds like a purchased senator to me.
  • He neglected to pay the mortgage on a home for 5 months.
  • His wife neglected to pay the local taxes on the PAC she runs that seems to be a way to subsidize the Rubio's lifestyle
  • In 10 years of total earnings of $2.38 million he managed a net worth of only about $50k
  • He has more than once "accidentally" used party money for personal expenses
Throw in some really stupid moves like buying a half million dollar home, a luxury speed boat, and some stupid car leases and you begin to wonder if he has any sense at all. Frankly if a publisher had not been stupid enough to pay him an $800k advance on a book that didn't sell 40k copies (that's right, he's made more than $20 per book. check your local Everything's $1 store for copies) you have to wonder where his finances would be today.

Can someone so obviously indebted to others and so obviously irresponsible be trusted in the white house?

sources: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/10/us/politics/marco-rubio-finances-debt-loans-credit.html?_r=0
Ben Carson Has Sold More Copies Of His Book Than Every Other 2016 Republican Combined — By A Lot
This bulldhit pales in comparison to the FACT that Hillary was dead broke when she and Bubba left the Whitehouse...

I don't know if this has been brought up before, but this concerns me about the senator from Florida. He doesn't seem to handle his money well, and the way he earns some of it seems suspect. Here's some of the highlights
  • While making $90k annually he had to sell of a car and move in with his mother-in-law for financial reasons
  • Somehow, despite his bosses frustration at his job because of his lack of focus tied to his political career, he manages to land a $300k job
  • A campaign donor got him a job as a college instructor to help with his finances. He also hires Rubio as a lawyer and employs Rubio's wife. Sounds like a purchased senator to me.
  • His wife neglected to pay the local taxes on the PAC she runs that seems to be a way to subsidize the Rubio's lifestyle
  • In 10 years of total earnings of $2.38 million he managed a net worth of only about $50k
Throw in some really stupid moves like buying a half million dollar home, a luxury speed boat, and some stupid car leases and you begin to wonder if he has any sense at all. Frankly if a publisher had not been stupid enough to pay him an $800k advance on a book that didn't sell 40k copies (that's right, he's made more than $20 per book. check your local Everything's $1 store for copies) you have to wonder where his finances would be today.

Can someone so obviously indebted to others and so obviously irresponsible be trusted in the white house?

sources: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/10/us/politics/marco-rubio-finances-debt-loans-credit.html?_r=0
Ben Carson Has Sold More Copies Of His Book Than Every Other 2016 Republican Combined — By A Lot

I know about his financial fiasco. He doesn't want to work and he doesn't handle money well.

It always cracks me up when a leftist who voted twice for a community organizer who never accomplished a thing in his life and has doubled the debt and is destroying our healthcare system says something like that.

Pot ... meet kettle ...
is that some sort of racial reference ?? (just kidding kuz)
President Clinton: 'Dead broke' comments were 'factually true' video

“It is factually true that we were several million dollars in debt,” Clinton said, as Hillary Clinton and his daughter Chelsea looked on. The former president argued that the reporters asking his wife the questions “should put this in some sort of context.”

This bulldhit pales in comparison to the FACT that Hillary was dead broke when she and Bubba left the Whitehouse...
Which part do you think is untrue?

The two complaints in this thread is Rubio lives outside his means. Look at the democratic front runner.
The other is he is beholding to a billionaire. Look at the democratic front runner and foreign money.

If you eliminate Rubio based on this criteria, then you would have to eliminate Hillary on the same criteria.

The left won't eliminate Hillary for these two reasons, why should the right eliminate Rubio for these two reasons.

I think I would lean toward him because of his political stance.

The two complaints in this thread is Rubio lives outside his means. Look at the democratic front runner.
The other is he is beholding to a billionaire. Look at the democratic front runner and foreign money.

If you eliminate Rubio based on this criteria, then you would have to eliminate Hillary on the same criteria.

The left won't eliminate Hillary for these two reasons, why should the right eliminate Rubio for these two reasons.

The Clinton's live outside their means?

They were broke when they left the White House. Hillary said they were.

Which part do you think is untrue?

That you care about the ability to handle money in a President

hillary wipes state email, and they go after rubio for having to work his way through school.
it's fantasy football.

perhaps his story is a little to close to hope, arkansas,
or being born a poor black child (who actually wasn't).

maybe it's reverse double secret inverted supernova bigotry. ever think of that ?? :desk:

plus, he didn't take the china and silverware home from the white house. heh.

so you tell me. Clintons Return White House Furniture
probably won't come up in the campaign though.

what the heck, it's friday... clintons stole whitehouse china - Google Search

"someone said we could take it" they misspoke.

Waste your Hillary bullshit on a thread about her, unless her name is Hillary Rubio

hillary wipes state email, and they go after rubio for having to work his way through school.
it's fantasy football.

maybe it's reverse double secret inverted supernova bigotry. ever think of that ?? :desk:

Waste your Hillary bullshit on a thread about her, unless her name is Hillary Rubio

Um...it was a pretty direct point about you people and Rubio. You didn't get it? Seriously?

Another desperate 'Pube who can't counter the O/P.

it's fantasy football.

Um...it was a pretty direct point about you people and Rubio. You didn't get it? Seriously?

Oh please. Keep tap dancing and when you respond don't forget to mention Benghazi

Sorry I made you cry man, it's just a discussion.

Also, I did address the op, you are complete and utter hypocrites, the ability to handle money and experience are not standards to you, they are lame political attacks. You elected a guy ... twice ... who has no experience, no fiscal responsibility and also was a skin flint spending more on peanut butter for his kids than charity. Why does anyone need to answer a question for you for a subject that you don't give a shit about?

it's fantasy football.

Oh please. Keep tap dancing and when you respond don't forget to mention Benghazi

Benghazi is a different subject, that fiscal knowledge isn't a standard to you is clearly dead on subject

& they're mean outside their lives. :up:

Also, I did address the op, you are complete and utter hypocrites, the ability to handle money and experience are not standards to you, they are lame political attacks. You elected a guy ... twice ... who has no experience, no fiscal responsibility and also was a skin flint spending more on peanut butter for his kids than charity. Why does anyone need to answer a question for you for a subject that you don't give a shit about?
i did hear he gave 65k to charity. i don't know what the clintons gave when the were dead broke, not the white house china i hope.

i did hear he gave 65k to charity. i don't know what the clintons gave when the were dead broke, not the white house china i hope.

The money he gave to charity was after he was running for office and knew it would be checked. Before that, he and his lovely bride each made six figures and gave about six cents total

All it sounds like to me is someone who has had some financial issues in the past and has delt with them just as millions of others have had to do. Unless there is some indication he did something illegal or broke the law in some way it's not a major concern for me.

The money he gave to charity was after he was running for office and knew it would be checked. Before that, he and his lovely bride each made six figures and gave about six cents total
and to be fair.... mr and mrs c ?? Vis-a-vie

start here. Half of Clintons’ Charitable Giving in 2014 Went to Their Own Foundation

Google

The Clinton Charity Case

isn't the mainstram media great when it works for citizen journalism ??

Last edited:

Not sure about that either, But Biden and Gore gave less than $1,000 per year if I'm not mistaken.

Not only that but you have to remember that the Clintons are a married lawyer couple. Lawyers don't make that bad of money. Then of course Bill was Governor of Arkansas as well--another job that didn't pay too badly.

Rubio? He was out of college spending most of his adult life repaying his college loans. He was supporting a family as well. The Clinton's lived in the White House virtually expense free. Their housing was paid for, their food was paid for, they didn't have car loans or insurance, their services were paid by the taxpayer.

Comparing the two, I would say in spite of Rubio's financial problems, he did a hell of a lot better than the Clinton's.

Forum List

Back