Rules For Traditionals: How People In Wedding Trades Can Defend Themselves

One might think that wedding vendors would be over the moon about the prospect of all these new potential customers! Imagine all that business out there that silly dogma is keeping away.

Let the bigots starve under the combined weight of customer ostrisizing them, law suits over non-compliance with public accommodation laws and their own lack of understanding of the Golden Rule.
Customers don't ostracize them. Customers have made the rebellious businesses more successful.

I am an atheist, don't care about the religious hoodoo. Do you want to sell cakes and make a profit, or do you want to weedle about and loose money? I am an artist with standards, to, I understand, money is second to morals and creativity and somewhere you have to draw the line. Do you make swastika cakes for a Nazi couple? Or a burning cross cake for a KKK newlywed couple? If you want to turn them down, cool-smool. Why can't gays get over it?
Swastika cakes and burning cross cakes? Red herrings!

These cakes make purely political statements. What political statement does a wedding cake make?
Support for same sex marriage. That's what the vendors object to. They are forced to make a political statement that they do not support.

I am an atheist, don't care about the religious hoodoo. Do you want to sell cakes and make a profit, or do you want to weedle about and loose money? I am an artist with standards, to, I understand, money is second to morals and creativity and somewhere you have to draw the line. Do you make swastika cakes for a Nazi couple? Or a burning cross cake for a KKK newlywed couple? If you want to turn them down, cool-smool. Why can't gays get over it?

These cakes make purely political statements. What political statement does a wedding cake make?
Support for same sex marriage. That's what the vendors object to. They are forced to make a political statement that they do not support.
Wrong.

Public accommodations laws do not 'force' anyone to 'support' anything, including recognizing the right of same-sex couples to access marriage law.

Wrong.

Public accommodations laws do not 'force' anyone to 'support' anything, including recognizing the right of same-sex couples to access marriage law.

The law doesn't force you to go into a business that is going to require you by law not to discriminate. That's your decision.

If your religion won't allow you to business with gays (and we've yet to see anyone post a religious teaching that does so)

then you don't open a business that may have to serve gays.

It's that simple.

One might think that wedding vendors would be over the moon about the prospect of all these new potential customers! Imagine all that business out there that silly dogma is keeping away.

Let the bigots starve under the combined weight of customer ostrisizing them, law suits over non-compliance with public accommodation laws and their own lack of understanding of the Golden Rule.
Customers don't ostracize them. Customers have made the rebellious businesses more successful.

That's not what's happening.

Why are most businesses run by Christians not refusing to serve gays?

I mean, if refusing to do business with gays is apparently one of the top ten most important requirements of being a good Christian,

why are most Christians defying Jesus?

But the wedding cake design does not vary from any other wedding cake design. The swastika and burning cross are rather unusual designs on a cake, and purely political.

I mean, if refusing to do business with gays is apparently one of the top ten most important requirements of being a good Christian,

Why aren't these alleged 'Christians' morally vetting all their customers? What manner of sinners are they associating with? Adulterers? Thieves? Those who fail to remember the Sabbath and keep it holy? Customers who have taken the Lord's name in vain?

Or is the danger to the immortal souls of these Christians not found in the Ten Commandments, but in an obscure passage in a letter written by Paul to a congregation in Rome?

Cherry picking in order to apply a thin veneer of righteousness and gain a shield to make the situation a 'religious freedom' case is hardly a Christian action.

Hey Melissa, as of yesterday, you'll be cutting two checks, one for 75K and another for 60K. Hope it was worth it to you.

As for "defending" yourself, just bake the stupid cake. Doing what you already do for a living is hardly too much to ask.

followyourleader2.png

No business has refused to serve gays no matter how many times you lie about it.

No business has refused to serve gays no matter how many times you lie about it.

Can you not read or are you just a denialist shit?

"Phillips [the business owner] admitted he had turned away other same-sex couples as a matter of policy. The CCRD’s decision noted evidence in the record that Phillips had expressed willingness to take a cake order for the “marriage” of two dogs, but not for the commitment ceremony of two women, and that he would not make a cake for a same-sex couple’s wedding celebration “just as he would not be willing to make a pedophile cake.”

Court Rules Bakery Illegally Discriminated Against Gay Couple - ACLU - Colorado

Now let's hear you prove that he didn't refuse to serve gays.

I don't how the "gay" people in this country likes to be seen as helpless poor victims who can't make it in life because someone refused to make them A CAKE

that says to me you are small, petty and vindictive.

way to go for your CAUSE of wanting people to accept you and stay out of your bedrooms

bullies and haters that's what people are seeing you as....good job

I don't how the "gay" people in this country likes to be seen as helpless poor victims who can't make it in life because someone refused to make them A CAKE

way to go for your CAUSE of wanting people to accept you and stay out of your bedrooms

OMG! Christian Sharia law trumps all other laws in this country, eh? If you don't like PA laws, what are you doing to get them repealed? Too lazy to try?

Can you not read or are you just a denialist shit?

"Phillips [the business owner] admitted he had turned away other same-sex couples as a matter of policy. The CCRD’s decision noted evidence in the record that Phillips had expressed willingness to take a cake order for the “marriage” of two dogs, but not for the commitment ceremony of two women, and that he would not make a cake for a same-sex couple’s wedding celebration “just as he would not be willing to make a pedophile cake.”

Court Rules Bakery Illegally Discriminated Against Gay Couple - ACLU - Colorado

Now let's hear you prove that he didn't refuse to serve gays.
Refusing to commit a sin by participating in a same sex marriage doesn't mean that he refused to sell gays cookies and cupcakes. Gays have been buying pastries as this bake shop for years.

OMG! Christian Sharia law trumps all other laws in this country, eh? If you don't like PA laws, what are you doing to get them repealed? Too lazy to try?
PA laws don't need to be repealed. Just stop requiring people of principle to participate in same sex events.

Your incessant requirement for people to accept your lifestyle is far more in line with Sharia than a private person's refusal to bake a cake in the face of government sanction.

YOU are the one asking for force, not the other side. And you hide behind the government when you whine for others to "do something" about PA laws. The problem is government has gotten so big that redress for individual issues in lost in the overall debate on the direction this country is going in, and your side has the lock on the low info "vote for free stuff" voter that prevents any change from happening.

Forum List

Back