Rumsfeld throws Bush under the bus.

It would be a sight for sore eyes to see Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Condi Rice, Colin Powell et all hanging from a gallows pole

For what crime? Going to Congress and getting authorization for military action? That is a crime? Yet we terror bomb Serbia for 72 days killing Chinese nationals while we are at it and blowing up every bridge over the Danube and that isn't a crime? Four Americans killed without due process and one of them a very innocent 16 year old boy and that too is not a crime? Iraq was a war, one that I did not agree with, but my agreeing or not does not make it criminal. But lobbing in predator drones in countries to which we are ally seems to me to be little different then a pressure cooker in Boston.

Donald Rumsfeld: George W. Bush was wrong about Iraq

President George W. Bush was wrong to try to build democracy in Iraq, former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld
said in a recent interview, marking a striking admission from a key player behind the 2003 U.S. invasion.

In an
interview with British newspaper The Times, Rumsfeld said that efforts to oust Saddam Hussein and replace his tyrannical regime with democracy were unworkable, and that he had concerns about the plan from the beginning.

RELATED:
White House says ISIS on defense in parts of Iraq

“I’m not one who thinks that our particular template of democracy is appropriate for other countries at every moment of their histories,” Rumsfeld told The Times. “The idea that we could fashion a democracy in Iraq seemed to me unrealistic. I was concerned about it when I first heard those words.”

Are there any rats left on the sunken ship at this point?
its Bill Kristol's fault. He was the chair & founder of the now defunct PNAC which egged on Presidents to invade Iraq.

He has worked for GOP TV (Fox) for years. Go figure.

Project for the New American Century - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Calls for regime change in Iraq
Kristol and Kagan advocated regime change in Iraq throughout the Iraq disarmament crisis.[22][23] Following perceived Iraqi unwillingness to co-operate with UN weapons inspections, core members of the PNAC including Richard Perle, Paul Wolfowitz, R. James Woolsey, Elliot Abrams, Donald Rumsfeld, Robert Zoellick, and John Bolton were among the signatories of an open letter initiated by the PNAC to President Clintoncalling for the removal of Saddam Hussein

Forum List

Back