Rush Limbaugh is cooked: The stunning fall of the right’s angriest bloviator

Must really tick you off that he couldn't care less what you think, huh? It's not like still being number 1 in talk radio, is a heavy cross to bear....

I think Rush is very concerned that his contract is up and most stations don't want him anymore.

I would doubt it. If he was a younger man, with 30 years ahead of him, yes losing a contract and a few radio stations could be a concern.

The dude is 64? And he has over $500 Million in assets roughly?

Honestly, how could he possibly be concerned? Remember when Dan Rather left CBS, and everyone was screaming that it was over for him. He was 74 years old. He was finished, and washed up, and down and out.

Oh wait, just 1 year later he's got his own show, Dan Rather Reports, where he has 100% control, hired his own staff, choosing his own stories, doing the entire show his way.

He's doing better now, than when he was with CBS... and he's in his 80s now.

Here's the difference. Rush Limbaugh has half a billion dollars, and a greater name recognition than Dan Rather did.

I can't imagine any reason Rush could possibly be concerned about anything. The guy could do nearly anything he wants for the rest of his life, and never run out of money. He could just do paid speaking gigs until he dies. He'd never run out of people signing up for him to talk. And who knows, he could die tomorrow. None of us knows when our time is up. But it would be almost impossible for him to run out of money.

If Rush was anything like his haters try to make him out to be, he would have been off the air within 6 months after he started.

If Rush was anything like his haters try to make him out to be, he would have been off the air within 6 months after he started.

Of course.

But haters have to make up, and invent the evil of others, to justify their hatred.

That's why they post cartoons, and statements taken out of context, and scream "YOU LIE!" all the time, without any evidence supporting any of it.

If he gives his audience what they want, he'll maintain his ratings and he will be on the air regardless of what he says or does as long he satisfies his audience.

Now that makes no sense, you worship your MessiahRushie even more now that I proved him a liar!!!

I know, I know - we've heard it before, but there's no denying the plain truth and the evidence. Sane people, I mean.

I predict he will quit his show in the next year when his contract expires. He will never get big money again, and his ego won't allow him to take any less.

Rush Limbaugh is cooked: The stunning fall of the right’s angriest bloviator
Indianapolis' WIBC is just the latest station to drop him like a bad habit. His days of relevance are numbered

The bad news just keeps coming for conservative talker Rush Limbaugh.

Which bulletin was worse, though? The news in April that he was being dropped by WIBC in Indianapolis, a booming talk powerhouse that played home to Limbaugh’s radio show for more than two decades, or the news this week that the talker’s new address on the Indianapolis dial is going to be WNDE, a ratings doormat AM sports station that has so few listeners it trails the commercial-free classical music outlet in town?

The humbling, red-state tumble is just the latest setback for the conservative talker who has seen his once-golden career suffer a steady series of losses recently.

Divorced from successful, longtime affiliates in places like New York, Los Angeles, Boston, and Indianapolis, Limbaugh’s professional trajectory is heading downward. That’s confirmed by the second and third-tier stations he now calls home in those important media markets, and the fact that when his show became available, general managers up and down the dial passed on it. Apparently turned off by the show’s hefty price tag, sagging ratings, and disappearing advertisers, Limbaugh continues to be a very hard sell.

It’s a precipitous fall from the glory days when the host posted huge ratings numbers, had affiliates clamoring to join his network, and dictated Republican politics. All of that seems increasingly distant now. With his comically inflated, $50 million-a-year syndication deal set to expire next year, Limbaugh’s future seems uncertain. “Who would even want someone whose audience is aging and is considered toxic to many advertisers,” askedRadioInsight last month.

For Limbaugh, the troubles were marked by key events from 2012 and 2013. The first came in the form of Limbaugh’s Sandra Fluke implosion, where he castigated and insulted for days the graduate student who testified before Congress about health care and access to contraception, calling her a “slut” and suggesting she post videos of herself having sex on the Internet. The astonishing monologues sparked an unprecedented advertiser exodus.

The following year, as the host struggled to hang on to fleeing sponsors, radio industry giant Cumulus Media decided to negotiate its Limbaugh contract in public, making it clear through the press that the company was willing to cut ties with the pricey host in major cities where Cumulus owned talk radio stations. In the end, Limbaugh stayed with Cumulus stations, but the company sent a clear signal to the industry: Limbaugh was no longer an untouchable and general managers weren’t clamoring to hire him. Since then, the talker’s fortunes have only faded.

Another looming problem? Conservative talk radio is a “format fewer advertisers are interested in buying because of its aging audience,” noted radio consultant and self-identified Republican Darryl Parks. Limbaugh himself recently conceded a generational disconnect: “Now that I’ve outgrown the 25-54 demographic, I’m no longer confident that the way I see the world is the way everybody else does.

That disconnect may be fueling Limbaugh’s waning political influence. Once a mighty player whose ring was constantly kissed by Republicans, this campaign season seems to be unfolding with Limbaugh on the sidelines, his clout and his ability to drive the conversation seemingly surpassed by other conservative media players.

How will you and Ed fill up your days when you can't write down everything Rush says so you can post it here and be all outraged??
Your MessiahRushie just blamed the SC church shooting on Liberals teaching evolution in the classroom. The asshole must really be desperate for attention.

I wouldn't know what he said you see because I never listen to his show.

You better find another hobby before he goes off the air or your life is going to get very lonely
Yeah, after he said that if I was a DittoNazi I would deny listening to him just like you

There you go again projecting.

You listen to every word he says so everyone who you think id a republican must too.

I am not a republican and IDGAF what some blowhard on talk radio says.

I can't remember the last time I listened to commercial radio

You might be a little happier if you stopped listening to pundits

I would doubt it. If he was a younger man, with 30 years ahead of him, yes losing a contract and a few radio stations could be a concern.

Honestly, how could he possibly be concerned? Remember when Dan Rather left CBS, and everyone was screaming that it was over for him. He was 74 years old. He was finished, and washed up, and down and out.

Oh wait, just 1 year later he's got his own show, Dan Rather Reports, where he has 100% control, hired his own staff, choosing his own stories, doing the entire show his way.

And he doesn't have the influence he used to have, and will forever be remembered that he was the guy who got destroyed his own credibility because he tried to fob off fake memoes.

Limbaugh will be forever remembered as the guy whose radio empire went down in flames because he called some poor girl a "slut" on the radio.

Here's the difference. Rush Limbaugh has half a billion dollars, and a greater name recognition than Dan Rather did.

I can't imagine any reason Rush could possibly be concerned about anything. The guy could do nearly anything he wants for the rest of his life, and never run out of money. He could just do paid speaking gigs until he dies. He'd never run out of people signing up for him to talk. And who knows, he could die tomorrow. None of us knows when our time is up. But it would be almost impossible for him to run out of money.

I'm sure he has enough money to go off to the Dominican Republican and live with Rent-boys if he wanted to, but the thing is, his reputation is ruined. You will NOT see Republican candidates cower towards him in 2016 like they did in 2008 and 2012.

Now that makes no sense, you worship your MessiahRushie even more now that I proved him a liar!!!
I haven't listened to Rush since the mid 90's. You, however, listen to him every day and probably have been since he's been on the air. What a life you must have to be so obsessed with somebody you hate so much that you tune in to hear him every day for 25 years, hanging on every word he says. You should try getting a job or something.

I haven't listened to Rush since the mid 90's. You, however, listen to him every day and probably have been since he's been on the air. What a life you must have to be so obsessed with somebody you hate so much that you tune in to hear him every day for 25 years, hanging on every word he says. You should try getting a job or something.
Most DittoNazis deny listening to their MessiahRushie after I expose him as a liar. You are no exception.

And as I said, I make money off his SUCKERS stupid enough to swallow his bullshit.

Most DittoNazis deny listening to their MessiahRushie after I expose him as a liar. You are no exception.

And as I said, I make money off his SUCKERS stupid enough to swallow his bullshit.
Sure you do (wink). I almost feel sorry for you, you're like an obsessed fan. I'll bet you've probably even traveled to Palm Beach, hoping to get a glimpse of his house. Law enforcement should be keeping an eye on you, pal.

Sure you do (wink). I almost feel sorry for you, you're like an obsessed fan. I'll bet you've probably even traveled to Palm Beach, hoping to get a glimpse of his house. Law enforcement should be keeping an eye on you, pal.
You are projecting.

And I tried to get YOU to back up the Gore at Monticello lie with money, didn't I?
You would be surprised how many DittoTards fell for that sucker bet!

You are projecting.

And I tried to get YOU to back up the Gore at Monticello lie with money, didn't I?
You would be surprised how many DittoTards fell for that sucker bet!
You are obsessing. You clearly need help.

And he doesn't have the influence he used to have, and will forever be remembered that he was the guy who got destroyed his own credibility because he tried to fob off fake memoes.

Limbaugh will be forever remembered as the guy whose radio empire went down in flames because he called some poor girl a "slut" on the radio.

I'm sure he has enough money to go off to the Dominican Republican and live with Rent-boys if he wanted to, but the thing is, his reputation is ruined. You will NOT see Republican candidates cower towards him in 2016 like they did in 2008 and 2012.

I don't think I can ever remember a time when people didn't say Rush's reputation is ruined. I don't remember a time on any forum that I have ever been on, in the last 20 years, in which, someone on the left said "Oh yeah Rush's reputation is fantastic!".

Nor can I remember any mass media clip, by any major news outlet, where they said Rush's reputation was great.

I remember when that whole thing about the slut comment came out. Can't think of a single person anywhere... not even one... whose opinion of Rush changed at all, by that comment. The people who hated Rush to begin with, made a big deal out of it. But they already hated him. The people who liked Rush to begin with... didn't change their views much.

Rush might be remembered that way by... you.... and those like you.... but Rush never cared what his haters thought of him, in the past, or now.

SO... Not sure that's a big deal to him.

And again.... of course his influences in less. He's old. He's 64 man. This is the cycle of life. You become an adult, grow yourself, peak, and then decline. We're all going to go through the declining years. It's how life works.

I suppose if that makes you feel good now.... ok... but just remember you reap what you sow, and someday when you get older, and people are laughing at you declining.... *shrug*.... you reap what you sow dude. Again, I highly doubt he cares much. He just about single handed created an entire field of talk radio.

Besides that.... I'm not seeing this 'cowering' before Rush by Republicans that you seem to imply. I can think of several times where Republicans pushed people that Rush was not impressed with, or policy positions he was not supportive of... and they didn't seem to care much. Rush was never a big fan of McCain. If the Republicans were cowering in fear over that, they sure hid it well. And certainly not Bob Dole.

How many times can one person finally destroy his career? Geez Rush! Isn't this about the 208th time that you have finally done it?

Stop destroying your career all the time. It's getting old.

Btw: How much did you make last year?

I remember when that whole thing about the slut comment came out. Can't think of a single person anywhere... not even one... whose opinion of Rush changed at all, by that comment. The people who hated Rush to begin with, made a big deal out of it. But they already hated him. The people who liked Rush to begin with... didn't change their views much.

Well, there was one major group that didn't like Rush so much after all.

Major advertisers like Carbonite, Sleep Comfort and other companies that used to put commercials on his show and don't now.

Besides that.... I'm not seeing this 'cowering' before Rush by Republicans that you seem to imply. I can think of several times where Republicans pushed people that Rush was not impressed with, or policy positions he was not supportive of... and they didn't seem to care much. Rush was never a big fan of McCain. If the Republicans were cowering in fear over that, they sure hid it well. And certainly not Bob Dole.

McCain got the nomination because everyone else running that year was a clown.

Rush did scream and whine about it, but at the end of the day, he kind of had no choice.

Mr. Limbaugh knew what everybody else other than the dwindling "Republican Mainstream" that nominating a liberal to run against another liberal was to ensure election of a liberal even if there was 100% voter turnout.

Mr. Limbaugh knew what everybody else other than the dwindling "Republican Mainstream" that nominating a liberal to run against another liberal was to ensure election of a liberal even if there was 100% voter turnout.
There are no Republican "Liberals." That is just an excuse for every time CON$ fail, suddenly the CON$ become Libs.

Ed, tomorrow the sun will rise and, in the fullness of time, Rush Limbaugh will make a fresh start in tormenting the huge audience of liberals monitoring him.

The only thing more certain?

That you'll have your ear glued to something that's carrying his program. Probably on some streaming device so you can even keep tuned in while shitting your brains out in angst.

Forum List

Back