Russian Fighter Jets Make Simulated Attack On US Destroyer Passing 40ft Overhead--Obama Does Nothing

So it's coming out now, Putin is blaming the US for the Panama financial 'leak' that has so embarrassed Putin and many of his slimey wealthy cronies. So Putin's response is this weak fly over by a Russian jet. And cons fell for this shite hook line and sinker.
Sadly, many, many conservatives love Russia more than America.

And that, thanks to Barack Hussein Obama.

He has pretty much destroyed the USA, he doesn't love America. Obama hates America.

At least Putin loves his country. :dunno:
Obama has nothing to do with the equation. Conservatives are responsible for their love and admiration of Russia.

Hussein Obama has everything to do with the equation!

The whole of America almost is disillusioned ....not only conservatives!

That's my opinion :dunno:
Your biased opinion is noted but it's conservatives who are mostly disillusioned. But again, that's not Obama's doing. Their delusions do that to them.

You should let this one go because you obviously do not know what you're talking about. That destroyer and every other ship in that region saw them coming for 100's of miles away. I'm sure several warnings were sent to them ordering them to change course. Russia has no respect for Obama and our nation any longer.

^^^THIS!^^^

This is what makes this event very important. When approaching ANY warship from ANY nation in a fighter or bomber, you are lit up like a Christmas tree from way out. Any second after you clear the horizon, you can be vaporized. (Probably further than the horizon depending on the warship's nationality but I'm not briefed in anymore.)

As these SU-24s approached our destroyer, there were 20-something-year-old fingers poised above several fire control systems. No doubt the Captain sweated out those seconds as they approached. If he fired first, it would be an act of war. If he held his fire until the SU-24s were within their weapons range and fired, he'd lose his ship and many sailors dead or maimed.

Those SU-24 pilots knew they were risking their lives. I'd bet they weren't just out there playing cowboys. I'd bet they were ordered to press the envelope by someone very high up. Someone who was willing to risk a serious and deadly international incident. And that someone had a pretty good hunch that Obama's Navy would back down when threatened.

This was serious.

Actually, if the Fencers were sea-skimming, they had a lot less than 100 miles of warning. More like 25...and a Fencer can cover that in less than two minutes! An AS-17 missile (which, I might add, can be launched from almost TWICE that distance) can cover it a hell of a lot faster.

"You don’t get to kill people just because they’re being annoying," retired frigate and cruiser commanding officer Capt. Rick Hoffman told the Navy Times about the incident.

"We’re not at war with Russia," Capt. Rick Hoffman said.

"It would be one thing to be operating and have a threatening attack profile from someone who might not recognize me — that’s not the case here."

Here's why the Navy didn't shoot down the Russian fighter jets that buzzed by a US destroyer

But what would a retired frigate and cruizer CO know about how a naval vessel is supposed to respond?

"Baltic States and the Geopolitics of Energy
THE GEOPOLITICS OF THE BALTIC STATES
"Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania are the first and only former Soviet Republics to join western institutions, becoming members both the European Union (EU) and the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) in 2004. This move was a reflection of clashing cultural and political values that had been present before their integration into the Soviet Union during the Second World War."
So...is this about fossil fuels in the arctic?
The Baltics have been fought over since Peter the Great..
Not by North Americans.
Distinction without a difference.
North American destroyers 70 miles from the nearest Russian base pose the same threat to Russia as Soviet missiles in Cuba presented to the US in 1962.
No, they don't. And the Russians were notified ahead of time, and there isn't any active nuclear involvement. Wrong assessment.
Do we know if this particular destroyer has the capability to launch nuclear weapons? I feel reasonably certain a Russian destroyer in the Gulf of Mexico would've drawn US interest regardless of whether or not there was any advance notice of provocations.

This is what happens when you have a President in office who was not born with sole allegiance to America and not raised with American values that makes you proud of your Country with the instinctive need to protect it. This is why our next president must be an Article 2 Section 1 natural born citizen born of two U.S. Citizen parents.

635961546991890027-russian.JPG

Russia jets make 'simulated attack' passes near U.S. destroyer: U.S. | Reuters
balticse.gif

Why is it we never hear of any stories like this one happening in the Gulf of Mexico?

Because the Russians haven't had a true blue-water navy in a century.

The Pentagon said that the ship, Donald Cook, was preparing to take part in exercises with a Polish military helicopter when the incident happened on April 11, shortly after it sailed from the port of Gdynia - and that considering that the plane was not armed, the maneuvers represented no danger for USA operations in the Baltic.
Can you be any more desperately delusional?
Are you fibbing again daws?
wasn't fibbing the first time you falsely accused me of it either .
Can you be any more desperately delusional?

Obama didn't have anything to do with this. The right wings favorite hero, Putin did.

Know what I think should happen? Next time they make a run like this, warn them that a second run will be seen as an act of aggression in international waters, and will be met with appropriate defensive force.

Then, when Russia squeaks about having their plane shot down, we can tell them that we don't like fake strike attacks being done to our ships.
I just had a thought about as he came by, blowing some trash up in the air off the side.....FOD can be a beautiful thing at times.

Or pop a couple (dozen) chaff rockets. Whoops...he was so close it must have automatically activated!

What happened to home of the brave? what has happened to men in America? You lefties sound like school girls. Grow some balls boys because we're going to need them after Obama leaves office. That is when the shit will hit the fan and I'm afraid we have a sever lack of bravery in our nation today.
brave does not mean acting like an asshole as you are doing now and probably your whole life brave also doesn't mean stupid, overreacting etc,
I don't think you have a clue to what bravery is or what it means.

This is what happens when you have a President in office who was not born with sole allegiance to America and not raised with American values that makes you proud of your Country with the instinctive need to protect it. This is why our next president must be an Article 2 Section 1 natural born citizen born of two U.S. Citizen parents.

635961546991890027-russian.JPG

Russia jets make 'simulated attack' passes near U.S. destroyer: U.S. | Reuters
balticse.gif

Why is it we never hear of any stories like this one happening in the Gulf of Mexico?

Because the Russians haven't had a true blue-water navy in a century.

For fuck's sake, they have one port that's free of ice year round: Vladivostok. That's it. We've got literally dozens of cites and half a dozen naval bases. Plus all of our allies.

What happened to home of the brave? what has happened to men in America? You lefties sound like school girls. Grow some balls boys because we're going to need them after Obama leaves office. That is when the shit will hit the fan and I'm afraid we have a sever lack of bravery in our nation today.
brave does not mean acting like an asshole as you are doing now and probably your whole life brave also doesn't mean stupid, overreacting etc,

Real men fire on unarmed planes that haven't locked any weapons on you....but are being annoying little shits.

That's worth starting a war over, right?

Hell yeah! A real man would start a war for no partiuclar reason and get thousands of US military personel killed because he's a man.
Tell me smart one....what happens the next time? What if the next time they lock on but don't fire...what do we do then? There are hundreds of service men and women on that ship.
who knew for the second they signed on that something like that could and does happen,
as everyone has said before the rules of engagement are clear they can only fire if fired upon ,

Real men fire on unarmed planes that haven't locked any weapons on you....but are being annoying little shits.

That's worth starting a war over, right
Is Russia at war with Turkey right now?

The Baltics have been fought over since Peter the Great..
Not by North Americans.
Distinction without a difference.
North American destroyers 70 miles from the nearest Russian base pose the same threat to Russia as Soviet missiles in Cuba presented to the US in 1962.
No, they don't. And the Russians were notified ahead of time, and there isn't any active nuclear involvement. Wrong assessment.
Do we know if this particular destroyer has the capability to launch nuclear weapons? I feel reasonably certain a Russian destroyer in the Gulf of Mexico would've drawn US interest regardless of whether or not there was any advance notice of provocations.

Any ship that can launch a Tomahawk missile technically has the CAPABILITY to launch a nuclear weapon.

Well then enlighten me sweet britches.

Hell yeah! A real man would start a war for no partiuclar reason and get thousands of US military personel killed because he's a man.
Tell me smart one....what happens the next time? What if the next time they lock on but don't fire...what do we do then? There are hundreds of service men and women on that ship.
who knew for the second they signed on that something like that could and does happen,
as everyone has said before the rules of engagement are clear they can only fire if fired upon ,

Oh, and they never locked on. Plus, the planes had no ordinance under their wings.

The Russian planes, Su-24s, had no visible weapons during the passes, and at no point did the USS Cook detect that the Russians were trying to lock onto them with a missile.

Here's why the Navy didn't shoot down the Russian fighter jets that buzzed by a US destroyer

But I'm sure these are all trivial details to 'real men'.

Forum List

Back