Ruth Bader Ginsburg Dead

America as we know it just died with her

No. It did not. Your liberal utopia might have died with her, but America as I know it still stands tall.

Stop exaggerating. Spare us the melodrama.
It isn’t a liberal utopia. It is a balance. And includes some fundamental rights to me as a woman.

Newsflash, Coyote:

Your rights as a woman did not disappear. Don't let your objectivity disappear with it.

RIP.

Well, that will crank up the Senate.
OK we've mourned long enough,, time to put a constitutionalist like ted cruz or mike lee in there,,,

If that happens, The Biden administration will be well within its right to expand the entire federal court system, including the Supreme Court. This one would cost Republicans big time, if they go down that road.

So Trump should appoint 5 new SCOTUS Justices today?

In this time of divisiveness, we could all learn from RBG and Scalia’s friendship

T H I S ^^^

Those two knew how to put their political differences aside and also how to value their friendship more.

Why can't some of you do that?

Why?

Because they have been such assholes for so long.

That doesn't mean we should repay it in kind.
no we should do it 20 fold

JFK Dems and Blue Dogs are basically gone from the DNC.............we now face the do it OR ELSE Crowd that the DNC has created.......

Negotiation with the DNC is now useless.............

So this is what is about to happen in SCOTUS

CNN just reported that RBG told her granddaughter before she died that she did not want Trump picking her successor.

I guess that's just tough shit, because Donald J Trump is President, and will be making an appointment.

Since Sleepy Joe doesn't like the Biden Rule that McConnell honored last time, we can expect the appointment for replacement immediately.

Remember Merrick Garland? The American people should make that decision in the upcoming election - which is only 45 days away. Remember Mitch McConnell's words for not allowing a Senate vote on Merrick Garland?

I do remember the big fuss about Merrick Garland, and I'm sure that Sen. McConnell does as well.

He took a lot of heat, a lot of senators felt that the sitting President should have been allowed to have a justice confirmed in his last year.

He isn't going to take that kind of heat again, especially as the author of the Biden Doctrine is now leader of the Dem Party.

RIP.

OK we've mourned long enough,, time to put a constitutionalist like ted cruz or mike lee in there,,,

If that happens, The Biden administration will be well within its right to expand the entire federal court system, including the Supreme Court. This one would cost Republicans big time, if they go down that road.

FDR tried that

and failed

Wrong. McConnell has been doing exactly what FDR tried, and has succeeded. You are also going to find out this isn't the 1930's. You are now exactly 25 years away from whites in America no longer being the majority of the population.

But white conservatives are already losing politically. The women vote, along with the African American, and an exploding Latino vote, will be making huge changes to the country over just the next 5-10 years. You let a far right zealot come on the court and overturn Roe v Wade, and you'll be done starting with the next election.

I would very confidently predict the flipping of at least 5 solidly red states to purple in just two elections, and 5 more purple swing states turning solidly blue.

This means more Democratic leaning districts after the next Census, and from that point it's the beginning f the end for much of conservative America on every issue dear to their hearts.

America is becoming less white and less conservative my friend. That's a fact of life whether you can deal with it or not. I sure as hell wouldn't want to be an aging white male the day black and latina women start deciding how the end of your life is going to be.

Not certain if this will be easy for Republicans in the Senate, to get this through....even without the filibuster.... not before the election....maybe not afterwards either....

There is Mitt, Collins, Murkowski, and who knows who else, who may not vote for whomever the nominee is.....in a lame duck session....especially if Biden wins in Nov.

Last edited:
RIP.

FDR tried that

and failed

Wrong. McConnell has been doing exactly what FDR tried, and has succeeded. You are also going to find out this isn't the 1930's. You are now exactly 25 years away from whites in America no longer being the majority of the population.

But white conservatives are already losing politically. The women vote, along with the African American, and an exploding Latino vote, will be making huge changes to the country over just the next 5-10 years. You let a far right zealot come on the court and overturn Roe v Wade, and you'll be done starting with the next election.

I would very confidently predict the flipping of at least 5 solidly red states to purple in just two elections, and 5 more purple swing states turning solidly blue.

This means more Democratic leaning districts after the next Census, and from that point it's the beginning f the end for much of conservative America on every issue dear to their hearts.

America is becoming less white and less conservative my friend. That's a fact of life whether you can deal with it or not. I sure as hell wouldn't want to be an aging white male the day black and latina women start deciding how the end of your life is going to be.

" Wrong. McConnell has been doing exactly what FDR tried, and has succeeded. "

You don't have a clue, do you?

" On February 5, 1937, President Franklin Roosevelt announces a controversial plan to expand the Supreme Court to as many as 15 judges, allegedly to make it more efficient. Critics immediately charged that Roosevelt was trying to “pack” the court and thus neutralize Supreme Court justices hostile to his New Deal. "

In this time of divisiveness, we could all learn from RBG and Scalia’s friendship

T H I S ^^^

Those two knew how to put their political differences aside and also how to value their friendship more.

Why can't some of you do that?

Why?

Because they have been such assholes for so long.
Pot. Kettle. Black.

You have very poor perception. I am one of the nicest men you are likely to meet.

I am only rude, when people really, really deserve it.

And you people, have deserved it sooooo much.
Funny that. Because you completely “generalize” “you people”.

RIP.

FDR tried that

and failed

Then you have nothing to worry about. :auiqs.jpg:

Not certain if this will be easy for Republicans in the Senate, to get this through....even without the filibuster.... not before the election....maybe not afterwards either....

There is Mitt, Collins, Murkowski, and who knows who else, who may not vote for whomever the nominee is.....
That is how it works.........now your side must bribe the living hell out of the RINO'S to stop it........

Prayers up for the family and friends of Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg who I noticed on tv a few moments ago that she passed. What a wonderful American. She had her point of view and was able to render her reasons for any given vote that she cast.

God bless all those who love a law that reconciles man to his country and brings men to realize that good laws bring a rightness to the individual, the family, and settles differences in accordance to the laws we live by since 1776, not to mention brotherhood and love for each other in the form of reverence for listening to the opinions of others which are borne of the human heart and pass within the bounds of goodness and rightness. I feel a loss in America, and a hope that through the decisions made in the Supreme Court that we approach our roots in America in a manner that reconciles mankind to God and to each other as members with a love for all our nation's founders suffered to bring us to be givers to other nations and a greater sense of caring for each other's needs. :huddle:
i hope one day we can put politics aside and return to being decent human beings. this gives me hope others miss that too.

she was an inspiration to many in a time it was not easy to do.

RIP.

There is Mitt, Collins, Murkowski, and who knows who else, who may not vote for whomever the nominee is.....

If President Trump were to nominate Mike Lee, it would be difficult for Romney to denounce his own religion and vote against him

Forum List

Back