S.E Cupp: Trump and the GOP in tatters

I said way back in the beginning of 2016 that if Trump were to get the nomination and actually pull off a win he'd bring long term destruction to the Republican Party. It unfolded exactly as predicted.
70 million voted for trump. thanks.

Conservative columnist S.E. Cupp writes of the downfall of Donald Trump and the GOP:

Trump’s legacy was in tatters before he lost to Joe Biden, but in the ensuing months, he really managed to burn it to the ground. Historians, even without the benefit of hindsight, have already declared him the worst president in American history.

Let’s not forget, Trump also leaves a big stink-bomb of a parting gift to the GOP — Democratic control of both houses of Congress.

This all raises the question: Was it worth it, Republicans? Was carrying Trump’s fetid water around for four years worth the baggage, the guilt by association or, in some cases, the actual guilt of doing Trump’s dirty work?

Was it worth the impeachments — plural — the current and sure-to-come lawsuits, the resignations, the revolving door of users, losers and grifters?

Was it worth the domestic terrorism — a rise during Trump’s tenure of white supremacy and anti-Semitic attacks, and a revolt at the Capitol that left five people dead?

Was it worth the near-constant embarrassments of an ignorant, dishonest, petulant and puerile president who humiliated our country on the world stage with his gross incompetence and undignified antics?

Was it worth losing any moral or ethical high ground the party could once claim by ignoring or defending a whole catalog of terrible behavior, from multiple allegations of rape to orphaning migrant children, interfering in U.S. elections to inciting violence at the Capitol?

The problem is that the trump people don't believe that what trump and they have done and are doing now is something bad.

trump did what those people wanted and don't believe what he did was bad or damaging to our nation.

That is a very big problem.

I said way back in the beginning of 2016 that if Trump were to get the nomination and actually pull off a win he'd bring long term destruction to the Republican Party. It unfolded exactly as predicted.
70 million voted for trump. thanks.

80 million voted for Joe. You're welcome.

Where, pray tell, is this destruction?

Gee, let's see, you had the worst midterm election in 2018 since Watergate. Lost 41 seats in the House, seven governorships, and multiple state legislative majorities, not to mention in both 2018 and 2020 you bled suburbanites from your ranks which ultimately cost Trump his reelection, but by all means, pretend nothing at all changed and stick to InfoWars narratives of stolen elections. You guys are good at that.

If he didn't destroy the GOP in 2020 do you think he will in the mid-terms? I think the GOP will take back both houses.

They might now that Trump is gone. A lot of that will depend on the general public's perception of Biden and whether the Democrats are putting forth a positive agenda for the country. We'll find out if suburban Democrat supports turns out to be a long term shift or if it was just Trump disgust.

Where, pray tell, is this destruction?

Gee, let's see, you had the worst midterm election in 2018 since Watergate. Lost 41 seats in the House, seven governorships, and multiple state legislative majorities, not to mention in both 2018 and 2020 you bled suburbanites from your ranks which ultimately cost Trump his reelection, but by all means, pretend nothing at all changed and stick to InfoWars narratives of stolen elections. You guys are good at that.

If he didn't destroy the GOP in 2020 do you think he will in the mid-terms? I think the GOP will take back both houses.

They might now that Trump is gone. A lot of that will depend on the general public's perception of Biden and whether the Democrats are putting forth a positive agenda for the country. We'll find out if suburban Democrat supports turns out to be a long term shift or if it was just Trump disgust.
Bull. Read and educate yourself: 2010 United States elections

BTW, are you really ignorant enough to think Trump is gone?

I'm very familiar with the 2010 election and haven't the slightest idea what that has to do with anything I said and I don't think you do either.

3eqjd8.jpg

LOL not at all

just curious if you have the 2010 lost seats by demofks? are you game?

I'm very familiar with the 2010 election and haven't the slightest idea what that has to do with anything I said and I don't think you do either.

3eqjd8.jpg

LOL not at all
how many seats were lost by demofks in 2010? come on, put it in print. it's called a pattern. I actually thought once you had a brain.

And that's still a baseless guess, but you make it sound like it happened.

Democrats were in total disarray until the DNC laid down the hammer and everyone but Biden dropped out.

Until that actually doesn't happen in the GOP and they are split, you haven't been proven right about shit

Democrats were in total disarray until the DNC laid down the hammer and everyone but Biden dropped out.

Until that actually doesn't happen in the GOP and they are split, you haven't been proven right about shit

1615397811704.jpeg

Great article. Thanks.
Not a great article. What's great is Trump's legacy. There will be no more RINOs in the Republican party.

Trump didn't register to vote until he was 41.. He's not a conservative and has NO core values.

"Cupp, who identifies as a Log Cabin Republican, said the Republican Party should support gay marriage. She describes herself as a "mainstream conservative" and criticized Ron Paul's support for a non-interventionist foreign policy"
IOW, she's a fucking Bushbot neocon....Exactly the assholes that gave us trump.

View attachment 466177
Is your arm getting sore for patting yourself on the back for something that hasn't happened yet?

Republicans lost an election and they are split. OOOOhhhhhh. Historically? Happens every time. Again, until they are actually split when it matters, you haven't called shit

Conservative columnist S.E. Cupp writes of the downfall of Donald Trump and the GOP:

Trump’s legacy was in tatters before he lost to Joe Biden, but in the ensuing months, he really managed to burn it to the ground. Historians, even without the benefit of hindsight, have already declared him the worst president in American history.

Let’s not forget, Trump also leaves a big stink-bomb of a parting gift to the GOP — Democratic control of both houses of Congress.

This all raises the question: Was it worth it, Republicans? Was carrying Trump’s fetid water around for four years worth the baggage, the guilt by association or, in some cases, the actual guilt of doing Trump’s dirty work?

Was it worth the impeachments — plural — the current and sure-to-come lawsuits, the resignations, the revolving door of users, losers and grifters?

Was it worth the domestic terrorism — a rise during Trump’s tenure of white supremacy and anti-Semitic attacks, and a revolt at the Capitol that left five people dead?

Was it worth the near-constant embarrassments of an ignorant, dishonest, petulant and puerile president who humiliated our country on the world stage with his gross incompetence and undignified antics?

Was it worth losing any moral or ethical high ground the party could once claim by ignoring or defending a whole catalog of terrible behavior, from multiple allegations of rape to orphaning migrant children, interfering in U.S. elections to inciting violence at the Capitol?

Conclusion: S.E. Cupp is almost as stupid or dishonest as all those democrats who committed crimes and scandals to bring down Trump. Almost as stupid as those who put faith in what the left wing mainstream media selectively chooses to preach to them.

^
FAKE NEWS ALERT!

Its OPINION, Moe... not news.
AKA fake news.

I thought you were smarter than that.

I never did, he's not only a louche he's always insipient.

Forum List

Back