Sad news for libertarians. Gary Johnson retires from politics

one of the few L's who actually had a chance of becoming president!

Gov. Gary Johnson on Twitter

That is good news as he was not really all that libertarian. He was only given the nomination because they hoped his name recognition would win him some votes. But in the end he kept more people away than he brought in.

He was far and away the best choice in 2016

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Good news!
Hopefully we will see Austin Peterson rise up in 2020.
He really got me in the debates in 16'

Chance of becoming President in what Country?

I liked Gary Johnson and all but he had about as much chance of getting elected POTUS as Cheech Marin does.
Arent they bros?
garyjohnsn.jpg

Johnson doesn't have the personality to become president IMO. I think the Libertarian ticket would have been better served with Weld as the presidential candidate and Johnson as VP (even if they declared it would be a partnership). Johnson is too laid back; Weld gives a more serious, adult vibe.

That is good news as he was not really all that libertarian. He was only given the nomination because they hoped his name recognition would win him some votes. But in the end he kept more people away than he brought in.

I looked at that as a good thing. I don't think the people of this country will vote for a candidate with views too strongly libertarian. Johnson was a bit more mainstream, which I think would appeal to more voters. His problems came from his personality more than policy ideas, I think.

Here's an idea, how bout not nominating a pot head for starters?

Then again, are there any libertarians who are not pot heads?

I voted for him, but thought he was a dick. Better than the dem and goper though. I like Weld, but he's even older than me. LOL

Forum List

Back