Sandra Day O'Connor Says Obama Should Get To Replace Justice Scalia

ut then again Synth seems to think that Obama didn't almost double the national deb

You DO realize (or should) that part of that "doubling the debt" is also due to the UNPAID wars and Medicare Advantage......I'm sure that even FOX may have mentioned that and you missed it.

ut then again Synth seems to think that Obama didn't almost double the national deb

You DO realize (or should) that part of that "doubling the debt" is also due to the UNPAID wars and Medicare Advantage......I'm sure that even FOX may have mentioned that and you missed it.

How big of a "part" of that doubled debt do you attribute to those two things, Nat?

because he started giving money to loser green energy companies like Solyndra!
You've been schooled on Solyndra yet you continue with the bullshit.

This is why I no longer take you seriously. I used to, though!

You've "schooled" me on Solyndra? Really, Synth? When did this take place?

Has something happened with Solyndra that I'm not aware of? Did we the taxpayers NOT lose millions on that deal?

The truth is...you don't take me seriously because you're afraid to converse with someone who points out how full of shit you are.
BOOOSH!!
Among Dems that constitutes "schooling."

because he started giving money to loser green energy companies like Solyndra!
You've been schooled on Solyndra yet you continue with the bullshit.

This is why I no longer take you seriously. I used to, though!

You've "schooled" me on Solyndra? Really, Synth? When did this take place?

Has something happened with Solyndra that I'm not aware of? Did we the taxpayers NOT lose millions on that deal?

The truth is...you don't take me seriously because you're afraid to converse with someone who points out how full of shit you are.
BOOOSH!!
Among Dems that constitutes "schooling."

Synth is amusing...he always thinks he "schools" people but I can't think of a single string where he's not been made to look rather foolish.

How big of a "part" of that doubled debt do you attribute to those two things, Nat?

You can do the "figuring" yourself:

A truer measure of the wars’ total costs pegs them at between $4 trillion and $6 trillion.
The True Cost of the Afghanistan War May Surprise You

Dominated by private insurers, Medicare Advantage expected to top $150 billion in 2015.

Why Medicare Advantage costs taxpayers billions more than it should

So how much of that cost was during Bush's Presidency and how much was accrued during Obama's? We're seven plus years into Barry's time in office and you still want to put the cost of the war in Afghanistan on W's plate?

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't George W. Bush veto the 2008 Medicare Advantage legislation he was sent by Congress and wasn't that veto overturned by a Democratically controlled Senate? And wasn't Barack Obama one of only four Senators who didn't vote on the veto? Got to love Barry...when something tough comes up for a vote...he runs for the hills just like he did back in his days in the Illinois State Senate.

So how much of that cost was during Bush's Presidency and how much was accrued during Obama's? We're seven plus years into Barry's time in office and you still want to put the cost of the war in Afghanistan on W's plate?

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't George W. Bush veto the 2008 Medicare Advantage legislation he was sent by Congress and wasn't that veto overturned by a Democratically controlled Senate? And wasn't Barack Obama one of only four Senators who didn't vote on the veto? Got to love Barry...when something tough comes up for a vote...he runs for the hills just like he did back in his days in the Illinois State Senate.

Re-write and spin history to suit your biased opinions all you want, but facts are a bitch for your ilk.....

If you think that the war costs can be split EVENLY between Bush and Obama, then you're an idiot.......mindful also of WHO got us into those wars.

Secondly, Medicare Advantage was signed into law in December 2003....and we all know who was president then....

Finally, the 2008 veto by Bush (and the veto overrides by congress) on amendments to the Medicare Advantage, can be summarized from a NYT article that states:

Although the Senate vote was close enough to provide some suspense, it was still over the two-thirds needed, as a number of conservative Republicans who typically side with the president broke with him on this issue.

Re-write and spin history to suit your biased opinions all you want, but facts are a bitch for your ilk.....

If you think that the war costs can be split EVENLY between Bush and Obama, then you're an idiot.......mindful also of WHO got us into those wars.

Secondly, Medicare Advantage was signed into law in December 2003....and we all know who was president then....

Finally, the 2008 veto by Bush (and the veto overrides by congress) on amendments to the Medicare Advantage, can be summarized from a NYT article that states:

Although the Senate vote was close enough to provide some suspense, it was still over the two-thirds needed, as a number of conservative Republicans who typically side with the president broke with him on this issue.

Since most Democrats (including Hillary!) voted in favor of war with Afghanistan following 9/11 it's amusing to hear you pontificate about how it's a Bush thing!

Appointed by Reagan, so her word is golden, right wingnuts?

"Let's get on with it," the retired Reagan appointee said.

Sandra Day O'Connor, the retired Supreme Court justice appointed by a Republican president, said on Wednesday that President Barack Obama should get to name the replacement for the late Justice Antonin Scalia.

O'Connor, in an interview with a Fox affiliate in Phoenix, disagreed with Republican arguments that the next president, and not Obama, should get to fill the high court vacancy.

"I think we need somebody there to do the job now and let's get on with it," said O'Connor, the first woman appointed to the Supreme Court.

O'Connor, 85, agreed it's unusual for a Supreme Court vacancy to open in an election year, which "creates much talk around the thing that isn't necessary."

But she said the president still has an important responsibility to fulfill.

"You just have to pick the best person you can under the circumstances, as the appointing authority must do," she said. "It's an important position and one that we care about as a nation and as a people. And I wish the president will as he makes choices and goes down that line. It's hard."
And on that day not a single care was given

Sandra Day O'Connor, the retired Supreme Court justice appointed by a Republican president, said on Wednesday that President Barack Obama should get to name the replacement for the late Justice Antonin Scalia.

O'Connor, in an interview with a Fox affiliate in Phoenix, disagreed with Republican arguments that the next president, and not Obama, should get to fill the high court vacancy.

"I think we need somebody there to do the job now and let's get on with it," said O'Connor, the first woman appointed to the Supreme Court.

O'Connor, 85, agreed it's unusual for a Supreme Court vacancy to open in an election year, which "creates much talk around the thing that isn't necessary."

"You just have to pick the best person you can under the circumstances, as the appointing authority must do," she said. "It's an important position and one that we care about as a nation and as a people. And I wish the president will as he makes choices and goes down that line. It's hard."

What the hell does she know, she quit.

Since most Democrats (including Hillary!) voted in favor of war with Afghanistan following 9/11 it's amusing to hear you pontificate about how it's a Bush thing!

Simple question to answer on the above:

If someone tells you a LIE, and you repeat it thinking it to be true....ultimately....WHO is the LIAR?

Simple question to answer on the above:

If someone tells you a LIE, and you repeat it thinking it to be true....ultimately....WHO is the LIAR?

What "LIE" was told about Osama bin Laden, the Taliban and Afghanistan? I know it's "doctrine" for all of you liberals that "Bush lied!" but 9/11 did indeed happen, OSB was responsible and the Taliban controlling Afghanistan were giving him sanctuary.

Not for nothing, Nat...but after 7 years of the Obama Administration...I don't think you folks on the left should really be pointing fingers and accusing others of being less than truthful! Barry and his present day "Choom Gang" have told so many whoppers they make Nixon look like George Washington and his cherry tree!

The court is supposed to be apolitical so her opinion means shit
If the court is supposed to be apolitical, the GOP wouldn't be seeking to prevent Obama from replacing Scalia.

And if O'Connor had said that Obama should wait, you guys would be calling her all kinds of names and dismissing her opinion.

There's no urgent need to fill the seat now. Any tie votes will simply mean the appeals court decision, and it sets no precedent. Plus, the chief justice can delay cases until the vacancy is filled, if nothing else. So it's not a huge deal.

We all know that if the roles were reversed, there is no way a Democratic-controlled Senate would allow a Republican president with 10 months left in his second term to replace an ardent liberal on the court. Give us a break. So, liberals, why don't you grow up and start being honest about this issue?
To the right, February, 2016 to January, 2017 is "10 months." :cuckoo:

If the court is supposed to be apolitical, the GOP wouldn't be seeking to prevent Obama from replacing Scalia.

I already said the nomination process is always political

the court and the justices themselves are not supposed to be therefore no justice should comment on the political matters such as the nomination or conformation of a new justice

It's not that difficult of a concept

the court and the justices themselves are not supposed to be therefore no justice should comment on the political matters such as the nomination or conformation of a new justice

All the conservatives are saying that the court became political with FDR. I think every president wishes to, and if circumstances present themselves, have the right to shape the court in the way they wish.

It's one of any president's most important duties, and this president will do his duty, in unassailable fashion, as always.

All the conservatives are saying that the court became political with FDR. I think every president wishes to, and if circumstances present themselves, have the right to shape the court in the way they wish.

It's one of any president's most important duties, and this president will do his duty, in unassailable fashion, as always.

Unassailable that's funny

And as I have said over and over he can, should and has the obligation to nominate a justice but the Senate has no obligation to confirm the nominee

Unassailable that's funny

And as I have said over and over he can, should and has the obligation to nominate a justice but the Senate has no obligation to confirm the nominee
He's going to nominate someone who the Republicans have unanimously confirmed for the Federal Bench, then vigorously campaign for that person, all the way through the election season.

I don't think Republicans want a fired up President Obama on the television all the time, taking a powerful message to the nation. It's just not in their political benefit.

Forum List

Back